Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because of the way the Cubs employ Rizzo in the field in obvious bunt situations, he now has two official games as a  2Bman. Three more and he gets 2B in yahoo. 

Way to tim up the thread

If you have pitchers on your roster that you're afraid to start against the Padres, you might as well drop them. 

Mike Olt is involved in the Garza trade rumors. He might be worth a one week flyer just to see if he lands somewhere he'll play.

That would be a nice haul for the Cubs

Mike Olt is involved in the Garza trade rumors. He might be worth a one week flyer just to see if he lands somewhere he'll play.

This is why the Rangers make the most sense for Garza. They don't really have a place for Olt to play and given his regression in AAA this year after struggling in the bigs in a part time role last year he makes sense to move. The Cubs are obviously buying in hoping for another Anthony Rizzo, win-win for both sides.

That said, I'm not bending over backwards to get Olt on my teams though. He's been too awful above AA ball. I'm sure he's rostered in any keeper format and I just can't see using him in redraft except in daily leagues vs. lefties.

Orioles will activate 26-year-old Cuban defector Henry Urrutia tonight. Hit .365/.433/.550 in 52 games for Double-A Bowie, followed by a .367/.406/.467 mark in 15 games since being promoted to Triple-A Norfolk. Overall he's hitting .365/.427/.531 with seven homers, 20 doubles, 28 walks, and 42 strikeouts in 288 professional plate appearances.

He's a left-hitting OF - that role is filled in Baltimore's starting line-up by McLouth. But the Orioles' DHs have been craptastic, so I look for him to be the everyday DH vs. right-handers.

• Like 1

Orioles will activate 26-year-old Cuban defector Henry Urrutia tonight. Hit .365/.433/.550 in 52 games for Double-A Bowie, followed by a .367/.406/.467 mark in 15 games since being promoted to Triple-A Norfolk. Overall he's hitting .365/.427/.531 with seven homers, 20 doubles, 28 walks, and 42 strikeouts in 288 professional plate appearances.

He's a left-hitting OF - that role is filled in Baltimore's starting line-up by McLouth. But the Orioles' DHs have been craptastic, so I look for him to be the everyday DH vs. right-handers.

He's not available on Yahoo yet.

dropped my other longshot player ozuna for him. what the hell?

now lets talk 2nd half pitching. thoughts on felix duprbont? he's been pitching quite well and usually delivers on k's.

and does anyone know of "can't miss" prospects that are in the wings about to be called up? last year my pitching went to #### as the season came to an end. thanks lance lynn! speaking of lynn, cut bait?

dropped my other longshot player ozuna for him. what the hell?

now lets talk 2nd half pitching. thoughts on felix duprbont? he's been pitching quite well and usually delivers on k's.

and does anyone know of "can't miss" prospects that are in the wings about to be called up? last year my pitching went to #### as the season came to an end. thanks lance lynn! speaking of lynn, cut bait?

On prospects, I just picked up Taijuan Walker. He's in AAA now, and could get the call soon.

Just picked up Eric Young and Smoak(still debating dropping Howard). Is the potential for stolen bases enough to make Young my utility start over Ichiro? I'm one of the last in that category in my league.

Ichiro is one of my favorite players but he brings very little to the fantasy table these days. I don't think he'd be rosterable in most formats.

Grilli looked like he grabbed a forearm or elbow before leaving the game, go get Melancon now.

:goodposting: Done. Feel bad for Grilli, who was having an unreal season.

Grilli looked like he grabbed a forearm or elbow before leaving the game, go get Melancon now.

Completely speculation on my part but from the tweets I've seen from Pittsburgh beat writers, I'm guessing this is very serious.

Completely speculation on my part but from the tweets I've seen from Pittsburgh beat writers, I'm guessing this is very serious.

True but John Lackey's death earlier this season is a reminder that looks can sometimes be deceiving.

Melancon should already have been on a roster in all leagues, unless you are in a very small league.

ERA and WHIP under 1.00, 47 K in 46.1 IP, 26 holds (if you count holds).

Melancon should already have been on a roster in all leagues, unless you are in a very small league.

This seems to be the case with the last dozen or so guys listed. Young, Smoak, etc. None of them are ever available.

This seems to be the case with the last dozen or so guys listed. Young, Smoak, etc. None of them are ever available.

This is my 10-team Yahoo! 6x6, and with only two dedicated RP spots (and two SP), guys tend to use the three P spots to stream daily starters. Well, other than the guy who threw five closers at me earlier this season.

That's why I never make getting closers a priority in my draft. There's too much volatility. Mujica has been my go-to guy all season, and I picked him up off waivers. I've run through the likes of Cishek, Wilhelmsen, Pestano, etc. It's just not worth it to me. Now that the trade deadline is nearing, I will try to make a deal for a stud, such as they are. Grilli would have been a good example, but we see how that would have worked out.

Pirates are bringing up Vic Black. There's a chance they just insert him into the closer role, so it's worth as shot if you have a speculative spot for him. Odds are it will be Melancon but maybe Black gets you some Holds. He was clocking 98 in the AAA all star game.

Pirates are bringing up Vic Black. There's a chance they just insert him into the closer role, so it's worth as shot if you have a speculative spot for him. Odds are it will be Melancon but maybe Black gets you some Holds. He was clocking 98 in the AAA all star game.

Cool name

He was owned in only 22% of CBS leagues before yesterday Posty. Stop being yourself for about ten minutes for once, please.

He was owned in only 22% of CBS leagues before yesterday Posty. Stop being yourself for about ten minutes for once, please.

Just goes to show how dumb most people are in fantasy sports. Melancon should have been on any roster for leagues that cared.

Just goes to show how dumb most people are in fantasy sports. Melancon should have been on any roster for leagues that cared.

What about pts leagues that only give pts for saves, not holds?

Who knew 78% of leagues at CBS were point leagues.

Who knew 78% of leagues at CBS were point leagues.

Who knew 22% equals ALL leagues

MR's should be rostered in all daily roto leagues, weekly leagues? head to head? points? Not so much. There's going to be a FAAB bidding war on Melancon this weekend, I plan to empty my wallet. Only concern is Pittsburgh making a trade for someone else, which is a legit concern.

MR's should be rostered in all daily roto leagues, weekly leagues? head to head? points? Not so much. There's going to be a FAAB bidding war on Melancon this weekend, I plan to empty my wallet. Only concern is Pittsburgh making a trade for someone else, which is a legit concern.

For a closer? I doubt it. I think they have enough internal options where they don't need to trade for a closer. Last night wasn't a save situation but Hurdle did bring in Melancon in the 9th.

For a closer? I doubt it. I think they have enough internal options where they don't need to trade for a closer. Last night wasn't a save situation but Hurdle did bring in Melancon in the 9th.

So do I, but I think outright dismissing the idea would not be wise.

Picked up Yelich. His numbers against lefties are worrisome but all the analysts seem to have him as a top prospect with good upside. Should get regular playing time the rest of the year too, I'd assume. Let's see if he can show enough to be a possible keeper. Looks like I'm rebuilding anyway.

Is Senior Pond for real?

I picked him up. But I've been watching these games, and he's been getting some nice pitches to hit since his callup. I can easily see pitchers making an adjustment and then his ride will be over, but until then, I'm happy to have him on my bench.

Is Senior Pond for real?

I picked him up. But I've been watching these games, and he's been getting some nice pitches to hit since his callup. I can easily see pitchers making an adjustment and then his ride will be over, but until then, I'm happy to have him on my bench.

Fangraphs seems to back me up here. We'll have to wait and see what happens when pitchers stop throwing him strikes.

I had stashed Carpenter, but looks like he suffered a setback.

Got any recommendations for another potential DL stash?

Not a DL stash but Kazmir is on a little streak here. Not sure if he's owned or not in your league, Beachy, Voglesong.

I had stashed Carpenter, but looks like he suffered a setback.

Got any recommendations for another potential DL stash?

Marco Estrada?

Matt Harrison?

Colby Lewis?

Brandon Beachy if hes not rostered for some reason.