Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana?

Thoughts on Bogaerts when he gets called up? SS/3B eligibility would be nice.

A month of middlebrooks with Bogaerts in september as plan b makes more sense. Bogaerts needs more seasoning.

Is Middlebrooks hurt right now? I still plan on holding Bog as long as possible. If I get to the point where I'm fighting for my playoff life in the last couple weeks of the fantasy regular season, I'll surely drop him if he hasn't been called up yet.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because of the way the Cubs employ Rizzo in the field in obvious bunt situations, he now has two official games as a  2Bman. Three more and he gets 2B in yahoo. 

Way to tim up the thread

If you have pitchers on your roster that you're afraid to start against the Padres, you might as well drop them. 

He is hitting well in aaa last I checked. He's running out of lives in Boston, but I don't think they trade Iglesias if they have given up on him.

you havent checked in awhile. Hs been slumping miserably and getting benched regularly. Bogaerts played 3B today and middlebrooks was on the bench

He is hitting well in aaa last I checked. He's running out of lives in Boston, but I don't think they trade Iglesias if they have given up on him.

you havent checked in awhile. Hs been slumping miserably and getting benched regularly. Bogaerts played 3B today and middlebrooks was on the bench

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/07/31/red-sox-have-opening-third-base/BZ3jjVTVfxR01VvJbN91MP/story.html

http://www.overthemonster.com/2013/8/1/4579366/are-the-red-sox-recalling-will-middlebrooks

Reads like a rough week, but the Sox can't think a Snyder/Holt platoon will do it come October. We'll see how he bounces back this weekend

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/07/31/red-sox-have-opening-third-base/BZ3jjVTVfxR01VvJbN91MP/story.html

http://www.overthemonster.com/2013/8/1/4579366/are-the-red-sox-recalling-will-middlebrooks

Reads like a rough week, but the Sox can't think a Snyder/Holt platoon will do it come October. We'll see how he bounces back this weekend

and i can post articles that Xander might be getting the call. Its all speculation but IMO the writing is on the wall. One guy was moved the 3B and the other was moved to the bench.

Think of it like this. If they were calling up Wll Middlebrooks, why wouldnt they have done it a few days ago? He already has major league experience so no need to delay things. In my opinion, theyre using Holt and Snyder to hold things over for a few more days until Bogaerts gets a few more games at 3B. Lou merloni tweeted last night he thinks Bogaerts is called up to play in the Houston series on Monday

Think of it like this. If they were calling up Wll Middlebrooks, why wouldnt they have done it a few days ago? He already has major league experience so no need to delay things. In my opinion, theyre using Holt and Snyder to hold things over for a few more days until Bogaerts gets a few more games at 3B. Lou merloni tweeted last night he thinks Bogaerts is called up to play in the Houston series on Monday

Because he has barely had a full season above A ball. He's played well in AAA, but it isn't like he's ripping the cover off the ball. 9 times out of 10 these early promotions don't work. Give Middlebrooks one more month to try and figure it out and if it's still not working call Xander up Sep 1, they probably will anyway but I'm sure they'd rather use him in a reserve role. They benched Iglesias for similar reasons as they did Middlebrooks earlier this season and it paid off. Players slump, they get frustrated, it happens. General baseball public is way too reactionary when it comes to young players, it's a marathon not a sprint.

Agreed. I right now see it like the Nats did with Rendon. He did not start getting regular time at 2B until about a week before his promotion.

If Middlebrooks was the plan, I don't understand why he's suddenly getting bumped at 3B for Bogaerts. You think they'd be trying to keep Middlebrooks game-ready.

Any guesses in SEA? I have no idea. Grabbing Medina just because he's SP eligible, which is gold in our league if he does happen to get save opps (no "P" slots).

I'd keep an eye on Frazier. I'm finally dropping him, which means he'll get 5 HRs this week.

Not to get back into another Ike Davis dispute, but he's sporting a .417 OBP over the last 30 games with a 17/19 BB/K ratio.

Any guesses in SEA? I have no idea. Grabbing Medina just because he's SP eligible, which is gold in our league if he does happen to get save opps (no "P" slots).

I'd keep an eye on Frazier. I'm finally dropping him, which means he'll get 5 HRs this week.

Not to get back into another Ike Davis dispute, but he's sporting a .417 OBP over the last 30 games with a 17/19 BB/K ratio.

Its probably Medina or Perez at this point, but if anyone blows their first opp the next guy gets the next chance.

Yep

Yep

With his SS eligibility in Yahoo!, I may have found my Nick Franklin replacement.

picked up ryan raburn good numbers, doesn't play all the time, but i see tito giving him more playing time

Pssh, what kind of nube league has Ryan Raburn still available. He's rostered in all my super awesome leagues since April. /s

picked up ryan raburn good numbers, doesn't play all the time, but i see tito giving him more playing time

Pssh, what kind of nube league has Ryan Raburn still available. He's rostered in all my super awesome leagues since April. /s

Pretty much.

Good daily league option, weekly? Not so much. He gets lefties and day-after-night games, about it though unless a regular is banged up/needs a rest.

Anyone heard any specifics on when the announcement is coming today? I've heard this afternoon but nothing definitive. We know some names but it seems there are more names we haven't heard before.

I imagine a lot of owners will be working the wires as soon as the announcement comes down.

Anyone heard any specifics on when the announcement is coming today? I've heard this afternoon but nothing definitive. We know some names but it seems there are more names we haven't heard before.

I imagine a lot of owners will be working the wires as soon as the announcement comes down.

I've already dumped Everth, too late this week to do anything with Gio. I'm holding out hope he appeals, but given where the Nats are right now I doubt he will.

I've already dumped Everth, too late this week to do anything with Gio. I'm holding out hope he appeals, but given where the Nats are right now I doubt he will.

Gio is included as well? I hadn't heard anything relating to him.

Yep. His name's been there from the beginning. My season may be sunk if he's gone in one league, I need his K's. The other one I am so far out in front in IP's I may be able to manage. We'll see...

Yep. His name's been there from the beginning. My season may be sunk if he's gone in one league, I need his K's. The other one I am so far out in front in IP's I may be able to manage. We'll see...

That stinks - I know his name was mentioned in the past pertaining to PED but didn't think it was related to this specific instance. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Around 3pm ET is the current time frame.

He was connected with it at the beginning, but the docs did not link him to PEDs. He has not been among the names mentioned as far as suspensions go. Anything is possible, but I would be surprised if Gio was suspended.

Around 3pm ET is the current time frame.

Thanks.

He was connected with it at the beginning, but the docs did not link him to PEDs. He has not been among the names mentioned as far as suspensions go. Anything is possible, but I would be surprised if Gio was suspended.

MLBN had him on the list yesterday.

MLBN had him on the list yesterday.

Everything I remember reading was saying that Gonzalez was on the Biogenesis list but never received any banned substances.

Pretty much.

Good daily league option, weekly? Not so much. He gets lefties and day-after-night games, about it though unless a regular is banged up/needs a rest.

this. i'm in an uber noob weekly league. buncha ####### pansies that don't know #### and really should just give it up since it's not a super awesome daily league. :oldunsure:

The Kluber injury really puts me in a bind. I traded away Mike Minor for Mariano Rivera because I was ~130 innings ahead of pace. I'm sitting pretty in ERA and WHIP despite being ahead of everyone on innings, so I was going to just pick and choose starts down the stretch based on matchups. I'm left now with Jose Fernandez, who gets shut down soon; Samardzija, who's been iffy lately; Homer Bailey, solid; and Matt Moore, DL. I went ahead and dropped Kluber for—ugh—Tyson Ross. Any other deep wire pitchers out there?

Edited by pantagrapher

The Kluber injury really puts me in a bind. I traded away Mike Minor for Mariano Rivera because I was ~130 innings ahead of pace. I'm sitting pretty in ERA and WHIP despite being ahead of everyone on innings, so I was going to just pick and choose starts down the stretch based on matchups. I'm left now with Jose Fernandez, who gets shut down soon; Samardzija, who's been iffy lately; Homer Bailey, solid; and Matt Moore, DL. I went ahead and dropped Kluber for—ugh—Tyson Ross. Any other deep wire pitchers out there?

I hated Ross when he was with the A's, but he seems to be on to something these last few starts.

Delgado?