What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (1 Viewer)

What is Pineda's upside? Can he put up good numbers this year or is he still a year or two away? And are they going to limit his innings?

Mr. Peterson said:
What is Pineda's upside? Can he put up good numbers this year or is he still a year or two away? And are they going to limit his innings?
I'd like him better in Petco. He's a decent late round flyer for Ks but I think the Yankees and fantasy owners will have to use him carefully.

Bobcat10 said:
No. And the rest of my team is

CarGo

Tulo

Longoria

Marte

A.Hill

McCann

Soriano

Arenado

D.Murphy

B.Miller

And P's are even worse

S.Miller

Ryu

Uehara

L.Lynn

Mujica

And that's it basically. I really messed up this draft.
Probably keep Marte. What SP is on the wire? What categories are used for pitching?
I believe pitching is normal categories. And with 15 teams, options are limited on the wire. Niese, Wandy Rodriguez, Locke. That's about it.

But thinking of trading Brad Miller while his value is hot. Is Wheeler or Pineda worth him? (I have Tulo at SS)
Yes, I would take a shot on a pitcher like that for Miller. Off the top of my head any of these guys on the wire - Kyle Gibson, Hutchinson, Morrow, Vogelsong? Wouldn't trade for them though.
I would take Wheeler maybe, but not Pineda.

Annyong said:
Wrigley said:
Total bs trade
How so?
I think you know why.

Can't believe you needed to come here to ask to accept it.
I was asking what the catch was. Doesn't mean its a BS trade. He offered it to me, so obviously he feels Hawkins will be able to hold onto the job.
And I feel like pigs are going to fly out of my ###
And for the record, I'm not upset with you............He(We'll call him Dowski) is just a ####### idiot.

I would have taken the trade too

Annyong said:
Wrigley said:
Total bs trade
How so?
I think you know why.

Can't believe you needed to come here to ask to accept it.
I was asking what the catch was. Doesn't mean its a BS trade. He offered it to me, so obviously he feels Hawkins will be able to hold onto the job.
And I feel like pigs are going to fly out of my ###
And for the record, I'm not upset with you............He(We'll call him Dowski) is just a ####### idiot.

I would have taken the trade too
I don't think its that bad a trade, though he should have asked for Axford. Martin is a 10/35 guy hitting down in the lineup and he's a negative in obp. He's a 4th or 5th outfielder in a 12 team league. He should go for $3-5 at auction. Plus, he doesn't project to have much growth.

On the other hand, Hawkins has a much lower floor, but also a much higher ceiling. It's not particularly likely, but he could hang onto the closer job all season, if he does he'll be useful even with poor ratios and few Ks. So he's giving up slightly better than replacement production for a lottery ticket.

Any closer has value in fantasy. The Rockies seem to be serious about giving Hawkins the job. He's the kind of pitcher that can be effective in Coors although every Rockies pitcher takes a hit because of the ballpark. Rex Brothers did nothing in spring training to threaten Hawkins.

I've heard that Hawkins is there basically to keep Brothers' value down in arb. If that's the case and one is inclined to believe a conspiracy like that, it'd take a lot to unseat him.

I've heard that Hawkins is there basically to keep Brothers' value down in arb. If that's the case and one is inclined to believe a conspiracy like that, it'd take a lot to unseat him.
Hawkins is certainly capable of screwing the pooch all by himself but he has the job now.

I can't believe Hawkins is still pitching. I remember thinking he was old when he was on the Cubs.

Edit: Just looked it up. Born in '72 and still in the bigs. Good for him. Also pretty lucky to get out of Gary, Indiana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it worth trading Alex Gordon for pitching help if there's guys like the following on the wire:

Chris Carter

Will Venable

Avisail García

Dexter Fowler

Oswaldo Arcia

Corey Hart

It's an AVG/OPS league FWIW.

rodg12 said:
Anything to see with Josh Wilson in deeper leagues?
I was thinking the same thing but his career numbers are pretty terrible, he hasn't really hit since he was in AAA in the PCL back in 2006.

rodg12 said:
Anything to see with Josh Wilson in deeper leagues?
I was thinking the same thing but his career numbers are pretty terrible, he hasn't really hit since he was in AAA in the PCL back in 2006.
Yeah and there's some talk about him platooning with Murphy. Will keep my eye on him, but no need to move on him right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have this offer that's intriguing me but I have no clue what to think because so many people are all over the place on Wheeler.

The offer is Wheeler and Yellich for L.Lynn and B.Miller. I have Lynn and keep seeing Wheeler ranked above him by a lot which would make this trade an easy one for me. Are Lynn and Wheeler close?

I'm worried I overvalued Lynn and don't see what everyone else see's in Wheeler.

Have this offer that's intriguing me but I have no clue what to think because so many people are all over the place on Wheeler.

The offer is Wheeler and Yellich for L.Lynn and B.Miller. I have Lynn and keep seeing Wheeler ranked above him by a lot which would make this trade an easy one for me. Are Lynn and Wheeler close?

I'm worried I overvalued Lynn and don't see what everyone else see's in Wheeler.
I think they're close. Wheeler has a good combo of good stuff that gets both whiffs and a lot of weak outs, the walk rate will probably haunt him for the foreseeable future. I think if he does try to pitch to more contact, something else may go with it.

Lynn isn't exactly a strike throwing machine either, but he's thrown enough to stick and should compile enough wins and Ks to be solid. If he keeps up that low HR rate, he could beat Wheeler in all 4 cats.

After Cain's so-so performance last night; is anyone rolling with Ubaldo tonight?
These guy's intertwined in some way, shape or form?
Not sure but whether to start Ubaldo tonight or not is a decent question.
Too risky for my blood. I'd leave him on the bench against the BoSox.

ETA: Boston torched him last year for 7 earned in 1 2/3 innings.
Yeah him pitching in Cleveland last year offered some security with a bigger ballpark, and weaker division. I think he is strictly a matchup pitcher until he proves otherwise.

After Cain's so-so performance last night; is anyone rolling with Ubaldo tonight?
These guy's intertwined in some way, shape or form?
Not sure but whether to start Ubaldo tonight or not is a decent question.
Too risky for my blood. I'd leave him on the bench against the BoSox.

ETA: Boston torched him last year for 7 earned in 1 2/3 innings.
Yeah him pitching in Cleveland last year offered some security with a bigger ballpark, and weaker division. I think he is strictly a matchup pitcher until he proves otherwise.
What Ubaldo did to me during Championship Week last year made me sad.

Sorry for the confusing post earlier.

I own Cain and he was so so yesterday like I said. I was trying to gauge everyone's opinion on if ubaldo was worth the risk tonight.

I am contemplating Hector Santiago as well now.

Users who are viewing this thread