What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (4 Viewers)

Thoughts on Mesoraco?
Post-hype sleeper. Roster immediately if available.
I love young catcher's after everyone forgets about them. Wouldn't be surprised if D'Arnaud falls into the same category next year.
I'm kind of thinking D'Arnaud's time might even be coming sometime this year. His underlying numbers are looking good this year so far. He's been pretty unlucky .Unlike Mesaoraco, who's sending 60% of his flyballs over the fence(though I like Mesoraco too)

Nick Franklin is being recalled by the Mariners, presumably to help their pathetic OF. He has SS eligibility and decent speed/power for that position so could be a deep league pickup if he gets regular playing time.

With Springer coming up, in a standard h2h points league starting 3 OF and 1 U I have:

Choo

C. Gomez

Melky Cabrera

Martin Prado

Victor Martinez at U

Would you drop any of these guys for Springer?

With Springer coming up, in a standard h2h points league starting 3 OF and 1 U I have:

Choo

C. Gomez

Melky Cabrera

Martin Prado

Victor Martinez at U

Would you drop any of these guys for Springer?
I'd cut Melky or Prado for him.
I'd drop Melky. Prado's multi-position eligibility is useful
Even if I have Matt Carpenter at 2nd and Miguel Cabrera at 3rd?
prado, melky and vmart will end up with similar lines this year and prado can play 3 positions.

I'd cut Prado. I don't really want him playing at any position, so the multi-eligibility is pretty meaningless to me. 2nd base is deep. 12/5 with decent, but not great ratios is waiver material even at 2B.

If Springer is on the wire, I'm also assuming guys like Dietrich, Espinosa, and Semien are too. When any of those guys are getting consistent ABs (and at least one should be at most every point in the season), I'd just as soon roll with them as Prado.

Not that you'd regret cutting V-Mart or Melky either.

Hell, cut all 3 and grab 2 other guys with some upside along with Springer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda like using my waiver priority early, put me last in line and don't hesitate to pick others up as they are dropped instead of constantly debating. Lose priority on the gem, but quantity has value in this game too.

Any reason I shouldn't put my #6 waiver priority on Clay Buchholz?
Your pitching is beastly?

Seriously, without seeing the specifics, I'm using it.
No idea why he was dropped really, assumed there was something i didnt know.

But my pitching is not at all beastly. Hamels, Greinke, Weaver, Kuroda, Wheeler
His velocity is down about 2 mph right now. Now, that's better than the 3-4 he was down in his first start, but its still not good.

ETA: He's got a decent line tonight, but even though the White Sox lineup is better than last season its not Murderer's Row and we need to wait for the game to conclude to get the velo data.

Billy Hamilton dropped - Solarte/LaRoche are last off my bench right now.

12 teams / keep 12 / I'm 4th in line for waivers and go to the back once used

Thoughts?

Edit: 6x6 so Hamilton screws me in both AVG and OBP if I take the plunge.

Billy Hamilton dropped - Solarte/LaRoche are last off my bench right now.

12 teams / keep 12 / I'm 4th in line for waivers and go to the back once used

Thoughts?

Edit: 6x6 so Hamilton screws me in both AVG and OBP if I take the plunge.
I'm down on Hamilton but I'd still take a chance on him over those two.

I kinda like using my waiver priority early, put me last in line and don't hesitate to pick others up as they are dropped instead of constantly debating. Lose priority on the gem, but quantity has value in this game too.
I'm the same way. If you have unlimited waivers, it makes more sense to churn players than wait for gems (unless you're rebuilding).

Everyone in my league is freaking out about Springer but I don't know much about his worth.

15 person league. Don't use RBI's and runs. Just HR's, SB, TB, AVG, OBP

We have 100 bucks to spend on free agents. How much do you think Springer is worth?

Everyone in my league is freaking out about Springer but I don't know much about his worth.

We have 100 bucks to spend on free agents. How much do you think Springer is worth?
In a 15 person league, could be quite a bit.

How many OF's and who are the best OF's on the wire at the moment? Can you do $0 bids?

If it's slim pickins, I could see a $75-80 bid depending on the team.

Is Polanco owned? If not, make sure to go ahead and bid on him.

The first big call-up gets everybody looking for the next one. If the chance to get Polanco cheap didn't pass yesterday, it will in the next couple of days.

How many OF's and who are the best OF's on the wire at the moment? Can you do $0 bids?

Top OF's out there are G.Parra, J.Kubel and David Murphy. I'm currently starting CarGo, Soriano and Ozuna and only have Tavares on my bench. I might be in a position to overbid slightly.

If somebody is willing to burn 80% of their FAAB budget, I'd let them have Springer. I wouldn't want to be hamstrung the rest of the long season with that short of a stack.

Springer is a nice prospect but he's not Mike Trout. I think B.J. Upton is a more conservative comp.

Top OF's out there are G.Parra, J.Kubel and David Murphy. I'm currently starting CarGo, Soriano and Ozuna and only have Tavares on my bench. I might be in a position to overbid slightly.
In that situation, I wouldn't go crazy, really.

With just the 3 starting OFs and guys like Kubel available, it seems you probably can always find useful OF's on the wire.

If you started 5 OFs, and the top wire choices were the Heisey's of the world, that's the sort of situation I was thinking with a massive bid.

Although, I'm fan of overspending if you want a player (I play in $0 transaction leagues where you can still make pick-ups even when you run out of money).I'd rather find an impact player in April or May than July or August.

The first big call-up gets everybody looking for the next one. If the chance to get Polanco cheap didn't pass yesterday, it will in the next couple of days.
He was drafted. Him and Tavares were in the system.
There are a few top prospect guys available in my keeper league. I've got Buxton, Springer is owned, but polanco, bundy, and Tavares (also Noah S). Thoughts on these guys? I guess who's a good comp for each and how long before we get production from them?

What's the big deal with Polanco anyway?

Hitting 426/481/681 in AAA so far. 6'4", 220 lefty that hit 12 homers and stole 37 bases between A and AA last year.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
MAC_32 said:
pollardsvision said:

Hitting 426/481/681 in AAA so far. 6'4", 220 lefty that hit 12 homers and stole 37 bases between A and AA last year.
And he seems to be the most likely of the top hitting prospects to get a call before the ASB.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
MAC_32 said:
pollardsvision said:

terrible.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
MAC_32 said:
pollardsvision said:

Only 346 career PA's above A ball. Only slashed 263/354/407 at AA last year over 286 PA's - just 6 homers and 13 SB's. 144 ISO isn't bad, but it isn't great. Write up's I'm reading online says he has issues with breaking balls.

I like him long term, but I am having a hard time getting excited about him this year. Promoting with such little experience usually doesn't work out well. I figured he was an auto add after Springer got promoted and my Springer place holder became expendable, but then I started reviewing the numbers and went...well, that isn't anything special.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
MAC_32 said:
pollardsvision said:

Only 346 career PA's above A ball. Only slashed 263/354/407 at AA last year over 286 PA's - just 6 homers and 13 SB's. 144 ISO isn't bad, but it isn't great. Write up's I'm reading online says he has issues with breaking balls.

I like him long term, but I am having a hard time getting excited about him this year. Promoting with such little experience usually doesn't work out well. I figured he was an auto add after Springer got promoted and my Springer place holder became expendable, but then I started reviewing the numbers and went...well, that isn't anything special.
All true, though you are nitpicking the negatives in an overwhelmingly positive resume.

The bigger question though (as I think we are in agreement that he's talented, but we don't when he's coming up), who's more likely to come up by the ASB and make an impact than Polanco?

I ask because, if there is a better candidate, I don't see it and I'd love to know.

The guys with comparable long-term upside seem to be even less experienced, blocked for the forseeable future, or are hurt.

Kris Bryant seems to be a decent candidate, but there we're talking about a guy with about 200 ABs above rookie ball.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
MAC_32 said:
pollardsvision said:

All true, though you are nitpicking the negatives in an overwhelmingly positive resume.

The bigger question though (as I think we are in agreement that he's talented, but we don't when he's coming up), who's more likely to come up by the ASB and make an impact than Polanco?

I ask because, if there is a better candidate, I don't see it and I'd love to know.

The guys with comparable long-term upside seem to be even less experienced, blocked for the forseeable future, or are hurt.

Kris Bryant seems to be a decent candidate, but there we're talking about a guy with about 200 ABs above rookie ball.
Yeah, Bryant, Maikel Franco, Javier Baez, Jonathan Singleton, Joc Pederson maybe Rhymer Liriano are the other names.

Singleton and Pederson are hitting really well to start. Bryant in AA only so far, but hitting well. Baez on the dl, Franco not hitting, Rhymer not hitting.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
MAC_32 said:
pollardsvision said:

Yeah, Bryant, Maikel Franco, Javier Baez, Jonathan Singleton, Joc Pederson maybe Rhymer Liriano are the other names.

Singleton and Pederson are hitting really well to start. Bryant in AA only so far, but hitting well. Baez on the dl, Franco not hitting, Rhymer not hitting.
Pretty sure we will see Lindor this summer, maybe sooner than later if Asssdrubel keeps playing like he has.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
MAC_32 said:
pollardsvision said:

Pretty sure we will see Lindor this summer, maybe sooner than later if Asssdrubel keeps playing like he has.
Es posible, he's 20 and in AA, but maybe.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
MAC_32 said:
pollardsvision said:

Es posible, he's 20 and in AA, but maybe.
Carlos Martinez could Wally Pipp Joe Kelly if given the opportunity.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
MAC_32 said:
pollardsvision said:

Lindor is probably a better real prospect than fantasy prospect.

Thoughts on RA Dickey? I grabbed him in a mixed 12 team standard roto league after another owner cut bait on him. Hes just been an ERA and WHIP drain on my team so far.

Theres an innings cap, if that makes a difference.

So with Cuddyout,even if only for a couple of days, does that finally get Dickerson on the field? At least against righties?

What is going on with Tavares? Wasn't he once the top call up prospect? Is he gonna get the call anytime soon?

Only 346 career PA's above A ball. Only slashed 263/354/407 at AA last year over 286 PA's - just 6 homers and 13 SB's. 144 ISO isn't bad, but it isn't great. Write up's I'm reading online says he has issues with breaking balls.I like him long term, but I am having a hard time getting excited about him this year. Promoting with such little experience usually doesn't work out well. I figured he was an auto add after Springer got promoted and my Springer place holder became expendable, but then I started reviewing the numbers and went...well, that isn't anything special.

Yeah, Bryant, Maikel Franco, Javier Baez, Jonathan Singleton, Joc Pederson maybe Rhymer Liriano are the other names.Singleton and Pederson are hitting really well to start. Bryant in AA only so far, but hitting well. Baez on the dl, Franco not hitting, Rhymer not hitting.
What is going on with Tavares? Wasn't he once the top call up prospect? Is he gonna get the call anytime soon?
Cards won't call him up before super 2, so I would assume last week of May or 1st wk of June.

Why would the Cards call him up to play part time when he's getting a full dose of plate appearances at AAA? After his season was cut short last year, that's what is best for him at this point.

As the old man said, an injury to Craig, Adams or Holliday seems like his best path to a call-up. Even then, I have my doubts they would do it until later in the season. Grichuk could get that call if it happened tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread