What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (3 Viewers)

OK Im VERY week at 1B. Im trying to trade for one but I need to decide what to do for this upcoming week:

1) Start Yadier at C, move Santana to 1B

2) Start Goldy, hes been awful and may or may not be in a platoon (he faces 5 righties this week)

3) Pick up Todd Helton (ugh)

4) Pick up Altuve, move EE to 1B, start Aviles at IF

These options suck obviously. Leaning towards #1
urbanhack, instead of bumping that post, where were you when I asked this? :wall:

you guys like Pagan or Rios better in the long term? Both are hitting right now (Pagan surprisingly showing some pop), but who do you like better for the season?

'pollardsvision said:
'Balco said:
'rascal said:
Trout called up and Abreu released.
Trout was tearing it up in the minors. Is he going to play regularly for the Angels?
Unless the Angels just hired Bochy, you'd have to think so.I'm assuming almost all of his AB's will come at the expense of Bourjos, until/unless they make some other roster move.
I tend to think so too. He is 20, so it would be foolish for the Angels to bring him up at this point to be a part time player. I am glad I scooped him up.

Any good second basemen getting a call up soon? Ryan Roberts is killing me but there isn't much on the WW to pick up.

Anyone to keep an eye on?

Any good second basemen getting a call up soon? Ryan Roberts is killing me but there isn't much on the WW to pick up.

:goodposting:
what "isn't much"?doesn't take much to be better than Tat Man right now although I do think he will pull out of it I don't know how long it will take
Chris Getz, Mark Ellis, Darwin Barney, Alexei Cassilla, Maicer Izturis, Jamey Carroll, Skip Schumaker, Orlando Hudson, Jeff Keppinger, Ryan Theriot.not much.

also, 23 moves for the season...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ellis has been solid, but only in terms of OBP and Runs. He should continue to score a lot in front of Kemp/Ethier.

anthony bass has looked goodchris davis has been on fire. i just dropped goldschmidt for him
I'm out of roster moves for the week, but I'm picking up Bass or Milone and then possibly dropping Marmol and picking up Davis, or the other of Bass/Milone, and just punting saves.

Any good second basemen getting a call up soon? Ryan Roberts is killing me but there isn't much on the WW to pick up. Anyone to keep an eye on?
Haven't been following, but I know Allen Craig got some time at 2B last year. Possibility this year?

Any good second basemen getting a call up soon? Ryan Roberts is killing me but there isn't much on the WW to pick up. Anyone to keep an eye on?
Haven't been following, but I know Allen Craig got some time at 2B last year. Possibility this year?
Has OF,2B eligibility on yahoo. The guy can hit
I actually have him on my DL but doesn't qualify for 2B. Needed 20 games last year.

Pedro Alvarez on the cheap in a keeper???
He is scary to have to count on, but if your only 3B is Mark Reynolds then maybe you should get Alvarez.
He's a fill only player, I have Panda at 3B. But it's a five year keeper, just have to waste a valuable bench spot on him but I can do it for now.
I think if you have a good 3B, and you do, then you should not take the risk in getting Alvarez. Of course, if the risk is extremely minimal, then what the hell, do it.I have Reynolds and am tired of it. I may grab Alvarez or Daniel Murphy or some other fantasy bum.

He is scary to have to count on, but if your only 3B is Mark Reynolds then maybe you should get Alvarez.
He's a fill only player, I have Panda at 3B. But it's a five year keeper, just have to waste a valuable bench spot on him but I can do it for now.
You have to have a big enough bench to accommodate a platoon player
Six bench slots and I have two minor leaguers (Rizzo and Hultzen) and now Alvarez. My hitting is mostly set for now, I'm platooning Span, Presley and Duda in my utility spots and the rest of the lineup is top three in every offensive cat. Problem is starting pitching, Gallardo and Wainwright are killing me but it's a marathon.ETA: Aceves not helping either

'jamny said:
'Captain Hook said:
'ChrisCooleyFan said:
'jamny said:

what "isn't much"?doesn't take much to be better than Tat Man right now although I do think he will pull out of it I don't know how long it will take
Chris Getz, Mark Ellis, Darwin Barney, Alexei Cassilla, Maicer Izturis, Jamey Carroll, Skip Schumaker, Orlando Hudson, Jeff Keppinger, Ryan Theriot.not much.

Well as for the "isn't much" I think you need to check your pre-season expectations and actually LOOK at what some of those guys have Actually done this yearRoberts isn't as bad as you think while Barney has been worth more and Getz twice as much

You have to have a big enough bench to accommodate a platoon player
Six bench slots and I have two minor leaguers (Rizzo and Hultzen) and now Alvarez. My hitting is mostly set for now, I'm platooning Span, Presley and Duda in my utility spots and the rest of the lineup is top three in every offensive cat. Problem is starting pitching, Gallardo and Wainwright are killing me but it's a marathon.ETA: Aceves not helping either
I think some of this may be sustainable improvements, but the data is all over the place. I wouldn't be in a rush to either add or cut him.

'jamny said:
'Captain Hook said:
'ChrisCooleyFan said:
'jamny said:

Well as for the "isn't much" I think you need to check your pre-season expectations and actually LOOK at what some of those guys have Actually done this yearRoberts isn't as bad as you think while Barney has been worth more and Getz twice as much
Well, at this point Roberts is ranked #36 among 2nd base qualifying players. With limited moves allowed in the league, I'm going to hang in there with him and hope he turns it around. Getz and Barney would be good in an AL/NL only league (maybe more for Getz if he got full time AB's)I was just hoping there was some minor leaguer that might be brought up soon that is being overlooked.I'm keeping an eye on Lombardozzi with the Nats and tracking Wong and Segura but I doubt either gets a call until September.

I added Addison Reed hoping he will get saves later this season.

I already lost Bailey and Storen to injury and Guerra to what looks like a demotion.

Picked up Bauer (empty roster spot after picking up Gardner and putting him on the DL). Hope he gets called up soon and I picked the right Arizona prospect (yeah I know about the other guy just called up).

Given my roster below, would you trade Grienke for one of the following: Miggy, Hamilton, Granderson, Longoria. 5x5 H2H league. I'm 2-1 so far and I need power (8 out of 12 in HR) and 1st in Wins, so it looks like a good deal. No way Hamilton is going to keep this pace up, but he should still end up ok. Are there any of the 4 that you wouldn't trade Grienke for?

Pos Player

C Napoli, Mike(1B,C) TEX

1B Votto, Joey(1B) CIN

2B Altuve, Jose(2B) HOU

3B Lawrie, Brett(3B) TOR

SS Gordon, Dee(SS) LAD

OF Heyward, Jason(OF) ATL

OF Pence, Hunter(OF) PHI

OF Rios, Alex(OF) CHW

U Kipnis, Jason(2B) CLE

Bench (OF) De Aza, Alejandro(OF) CHW

Bench (OF) Reimold, Nolan(OF) BAL

Bench (OF) Tabata, Jose(OF) PIT

Bench (U) Rasmus, Colby(OF) TOR

Injured (OF) Ellsbury, Jacoby(OF) BOS

Injured (OF) Morse, Michael(1B,OF) WAS

SP Greinke, Zack(SP) MIL

SP Halladay, Roy(SP) PHI

SP Nicasio, Juan(SP) COL

SP Nolasco, Ricky(SP) MIA

SP Romero, Ricky(SP) TOR

RP Casilla, Santiago(RP) SF

RP Marmol, Carlos(RP) CHC

RP Rodney, Fernando(RP) TB

RP Santiago, Hector(RP) CHW

Bench (SP) Harrison, Matt(SP) TEX

Bench (SP) Tomlin, Josh(SP) CLE

Bench (SP) Vargas, Jason(SP) SEA

Bench (RP) Wilson, Brian(RP) SF

Injured (SP) Fister, Doug(SP) DET

Given my roster below, would you trade Grienke for one of the following: Miggy, Hamilton, Granderson, Longoria. 5x5 H2H league. I'm 2-1 so far and I need power (8 out of 12 in HR) and 1st in Wins, so it looks like a good deal. No way Hamilton is going to keep this pace up, but he should still end up ok. Are there any of the 4 that you wouldn't trade Grienke for?Pos PlayerC Napoli, Mike(1B,C) TEX 1B Votto, Joey(1B) CIN 2B Altuve, Jose(2B) HOU 3B Lawrie, Brett(3B) TOR SS Gordon, Dee(SS) LAD OF Heyward, Jason(OF) ATL OF Pence, Hunter(OF) PHI OF Rios, Alex(OF) CHW U Kipnis, Jason(2B) CLE Bench (OF) De Aza, Alejandro(OF) CHW Bench (OF) Reimold, Nolan(OF) BAL Bench (OF) Tabata, Jose(OF) PIT Bench (U) Rasmus, Colby(OF) TOR Injured (OF) Ellsbury, Jacoby(OF) BOS Injured (OF) Morse, Michael(1B,OF) WAS SP Greinke, Zack(SP) MIL SP Halladay, Roy(SP) PHI SP Nicasio, Juan(SP) COL SP Nolasco, Ricky(SP) MIA SP Romero, Ricky(SP) TOR RP Casilla, Santiago(RP) SF RP Marmol, Carlos(RP) CHC RP Rodney, Fernando(RP) TB RP Santiago, Hector(RP) CHW Bench (SP) Harrison, Matt(SP) TEX Bench (SP) Tomlin, Josh(SP) CLE Bench (SP) Vargas, Jason(SP) SEA Bench (RP) Wilson, Brian(RP) SF Injured (SP) Fister, Doug(SP) DET
these offers are on the table? i know in h2h pitching is more valuable (people dont understand unless their in one) but id take any of those for grienke. if you can get miggy id dance naked in the streets. and fyi your pitching looks very week to me

Given my roster below, would you trade Grienke for one of the following: Miggy, Hamilton, Granderson, Longoria. 5x5 H2H league. I'm 2-1 so far and I need power (8 out of 12 in HR) and 1st in Wins, so it looks like a good deal. No way Hamilton is going to keep this pace up, but he should still end up ok. Are there any of the 4 that you wouldn't trade Grienke for?Pos PlayerC Napoli, Mike(1B,C) TEX 1B Votto, Joey(1B) CIN 2B Altuve, Jose(2B) HOU 3B Lawrie, Brett(3B) TOR SS Gordon, Dee(SS) LAD OF Heyward, Jason(OF) ATL OF Pence, Hunter(OF) PHI OF Rios, Alex(OF) CHW U Kipnis, Jason(2B) CLE Bench (OF) De Aza, Alejandro(OF) CHW Bench (OF) Reimold, Nolan(OF) BAL Bench (OF) Tabata, Jose(OF) PIT Bench (U) Rasmus, Colby(OF) TOR Injured (OF) Ellsbury, Jacoby(OF) BOS Injured (OF) Morse, Michael(1B,OF) WAS SP Greinke, Zack(SP) MIL SP Halladay, Roy(SP) PHI SP Nicasio, Juan(SP) COL SP Nolasco, Ricky(SP) MIA SP Romero, Ricky(SP) TOR RP Casilla, Santiago(RP) SF RP Marmol, Carlos(RP) CHC RP Rodney, Fernando(RP) TB RP Santiago, Hector(RP) CHW Bench (SP) Harrison, Matt(SP) TEX Bench (SP) Tomlin, Josh(SP) CLE Bench (SP) Vargas, Jason(SP) SEA Bench (RP) Wilson, Brian(RP) SF Injured (SP) Fister, Doug(SP) DET
these offers are on the table? i know in h2h pitching is more valuable (people dont understand unless their in one) but id take any of those for grienke. if you can get miggy id dance naked in the streets. and fyi your pitching looks very week to me
Not on the table but the owner of those 4 sent an email that he wants frontline stating pitching and to make him an offer. I know my RP is bad (losing Wilson hurt), but you think my SP is weak (we start 5)?

Not on the table but the owner of those 4 sent an email that he wants frontline stating pitching and to make him an offer. I know my RP is bad (losing Wilson hurt), but you think my SP is weak (we start 5)?
He probably means Halladay

TF - I wouldn't trade Greinke if I were you. Beside the fact you will not get Miggy or Longoria (Granderson maybe), your pitching would be in trouble as it's not quite that strong. Plus, you have a bunch of guys out injured. Season is not won/lost in April. Hang tight. Ellsbury and Morse should be back in June, and that's like doing a trade where you give up nothing and get two starters in return. If you can get Miggy or Longoria (check status, just got hurt) for Greinke, well, I think you do that. But, you need some pitching, imho.

Hammel looks like the real deal
why do you think so?i dont know a bunch of goofball stats and such, but his babip is pretty low compared to previous seasons, and he's never had an .era under 4.33
He doesnt pitch in Coors anymore and he throws 94mph all of a sudden
No kidding, where the hell did that come from?
And his GB rate has skyrocketed, which Fangraphs attributes to increased use of his two-seamer. Here's some good info. Those are some compelling numbers. He's rostered in my 14-teamer.

Well, at this point Roberts is ranked #36 among 2nd base qualifying players. With limited moves allowed in the league, I'm going to hang in there with him and hope he turns it around. Getz and Barney would be good in an AL/NL only league (maybe more for Getz if he got full time AB's)I was just hoping there was some minor leaguer that might be brought up soon that is being overlooked.I'm keeping an eye on Lombardozzi with the Nats and tracking Wong and Segura but I doubt either gets a call until September.
Picked up Alexi Casilla. A couple of good games, hopefully the start of a hot streak.

Hammel looks like the real deal
why do you think so?i dont know a bunch of goofball stats and such, but his babip is pretty low compared to previous seasons, and he's never had an .era under 4.33
He doesnt pitch in Coors anymore and he throws 94mph all of a sudden
No kidding, where the hell did that come from?
And his GB rate has skyrocketed, which Fangraphs attributes to increased use of his two-seamer. Here's some good info. Those are some compelling numbers. He's rostered in my 14-teamer.
So is this a fluke, or a sign that Colorado's pitching staff sucks (or Baltimore's is awesome)???

There were indications Hammel could surprise this year, I wouldn't write this off as a fluke but playing in the AL East he's going to have ratio and win problems. I'd only take the shot in a really deep league or if I had some pretty major pitching problems.

Allen Craig activated.

Has some power potential. 11hr/15 doubles in just 200 ab's last year. should be manning 1b while berkman is out. after that, who knows where he will play.

Users who are viewing this thread