What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (2 Viewers)

On my pitching desperate team, I just flipped Dee Gordon (keepable) for Cliff Lee and Lincecum. How hard am I going to regret this? Pretty sure if Lee has a setback today I am screwed
Depends on your steals situation and who you're replacing Gordon in the lineup with. If you're only sacrificing a point or two and you determine you absolutely need to do this to make a run with your pitching than it's probably worth it. I think it's too much of a gamble for my taste, but if it's the best offer you could get then there's really no room to judge.

You can fix next year's steals/SS problem in next year's draft.

Buchholz or Miley?
The former is a headache. The latter just isn't any good. If I really need an arm I'm adding the headache, but if you don't staying away may be best. When he's on he can be elite. The problem is his off and injury switches are turned on too often.
Aside from his recent success, Miley wasn't even on my radar until I read that Arizona has told potential trade teams he's unavailable. What the hell do they know that we don't?

I'll ultimately use that roster spot to stream in the second half, but am kind of intrigued by both guys now.
the same team that traded away Jarrod Parker, Trevor Bauer, Ian Kennedy, Justin Upton, etc although they do have new mgmt now.
Those are the keys. If it was old mgmt it'd be easy to explain, they don't know what they're doing.

Miley's showing some skills progression this year, they're looking to future years, and most teams in this mode are looking to develop their pitching. Chicago's definitely breaking that mold though. Anyway, Miley - big spike in swgstrk, numbers indicate it's because he's getting more guys to chase outside. After Pollock got hurt I can't say I've subject myself to any Dbacks ball because I don't have any, so I haven't seen a moment of him all year. Looks like he's developed his slider? can anyone confirm that?

On a team that could net him some wins there may be something here, but a 4/1.28 arm on a lousy team? Meh. If he shows some improvement in the 2nd half he may be a nice value guy next year though.
Looks like he's #2 in the rotation after the break, so that'll probably mean even fewer wins.

Mike morse droppable now right?
I am really close to doing this myself. I have shopped him to anyone in my league who has a hole at CI, LF, or RF... and nobody will buy. If I drop him, he immediately has the best season numbers of anyone on my league's WW, but I am stocked at his positions, and he hasn't hit for a while now.

I always hate dropping what instantly becomes the best guy on the wire. You know once you drop him, he'll get hot again as well.....I really hate Morse.

I am really close to doing this myself. I have shopped him to anyone in my league who has a hole at CI, LF, or RF... and nobody will buy. If I drop him, he immediately has the best season numbers of anyone on my league's WW, but I am stocked at his positions, and he hasn't hit for a while now.

I always hate dropping what instantly becomes the best guy on the wire. You know once you drop him, he'll get hot again as well.....I really hate Morse.
just dropped in my 12 team. thinking of giving him a whirl while EE on DL.

Buchholz or Miley?
Miley probably worth a flier right now. Recent outings, for the most part, have been real good (last 5: 2.70 ERA / 1.08 WHIP / K per inning) and he starts the 2nd half v Cubs, @Phi, @Cin

Not sure what to make of Buchholz, but a 23/1 K/bb rate over his last 4 starts certainly has my interest. He couldn't find the plate before the DL stint (39/24 K/BB over first 10 starts)

yeah I actually dropped him two weeks ago and hes been sitting on the WW ever since. Hes one of those guys you have to constantly keep your eye on to pick him back up when he starts getting hot.

Buchholz or Miley?
Miley probably worth a flier right now. Recent outings, for the most part, have been real good (last 5: 2.70 ERA / 1.08 WHIP / K per inning) and he starts the 2nd half v Cubs, @Phi, @Cin
Miley's strand rate is 71%, XFIP almost a run lower than his actual ERA and his HR/9 is 1.2. With all his other numbers being good to very good those should normalize to the positive for Miley. It's just the terribleness of that ballpark that prevents him from being terrific. Imagine him in San Diego or Miami.

Buchholz or Miley?
Miley's strand rate is 71%, XFIP almost a run lower than his actual ERA and his HR/9 is 1.2. With all his other numbers being good to very good those should normalize to the positive for Miley. It's just the terribleness of that ballpark that prevents him from being terrific. Imagine him in San Diego or Miami.
You sure about this? I saw that he 'just isn't any good'

On my pitching desperate team, I just flipped Dee Gordon (keepable) for Cliff Lee and Lincecum. How hard am I going to regret this? Pretty sure if Lee has a setback today I am screwed
Been thinking of making a move for Lee too.

But is giving up an 8 spot, to a High-A team, a set back?

Buchholz or Miley?
You sure about this? I saw that he 'just isn't any good'
i do have to give him some credit.He is better than your post.

Buchholz or Miley?
It doesn't apply to Miley, but one thing I like to do with dudes who have low strand rates is look at their core numbers when they have men on base. Occasionally you find a guy who just sucks out of the stretch.

D-bags aren't exactly a great fielding team either.

Eovaldi hit a wall mid June and it has just gotten worse since, this was inevitable.
Are you really, really, really sure about that?l
well, he hit his first wall shortly after those posts in May. When he got lit up by the cubs and the pirates later and his strikeouts dived I bailed.If you would really like to know every transaction I make and when I can do tha.

I picked up fuld for his stretch in coorafter doing the same with denorfia.Someone dropped Stubbs over the break, so I have a claim in for Stubbs dropping fuld since he has a home stand starting Monday.

Want more?

Eovaldi hit a wall mid June and it has just gotten worse since, this was inevitable.
Are you really, really, really sure about that?l
well, he hit his first wall shortly after those posts in May. When he got lit up by the cubs and the pirates later and his strikeouts dived I bailed.If you would really like to know every transaction I make and when I can do tha.

I picked up fuld for his stretch in coorafter doing the same with denorfia.Someone dropped Stubbs over the break, so I have a claim in for Stubbs dropping fuld since he has a home stand starting Monday.

Want more?
No, we can just stick to the ones that we both made predictions on to not clutter the thread.

I also added Fuld 1.5 weeks ago in a 16 teamer, he's startable.

If you don't want to clutter the thread then don't bump. It's the same dumb ### approach you did with Shaw.

Answer questions and be helpful. Don't be an ###.

If you don't want to clutter the thread then don't bump. It's the same dumb ### approach you did with Shaw.

You started all this douchecanoe, I'm gonna finish it. Any more great predictions like you had with Eovaldi ####bird?

Started hit?

LololololololololSHAWlololololololololol

If you want a prediction,I predict you are going to continue to be a punk.

I had dinner with my family tonight. We talked about how I became an educator without fully grasping the English language, while my wife sat quietly wishing she had never met me. It was wonderful.

YIC,

MAC 32

Better second half..., Marlon Byrd or Marcel Ozuna?

also:

Garrett Richards or Corey Kluber?

I'm kinda thinking it's a good time to sell high on Richards.

Last edited by a moderator:
So not only do they render Joe Smith useless with the acquisition of Street, they also send down my CI Cron to make room for him. :wall:

So not only do they render Joe Smith useless with the acquisition of Street, they also send down my CI Cron to make room for him. :wall:
Cron was awesome for me this last month. I thought he had clear path to playing time. What gives?

i really really really like Eovaldi.
Sell high on Lackey?

or try to move Yordano or Eovaldi?
Not Ventura even in a redraft. I'm not a huge Eovaldi fan like everyone else, hard to see him maintaining his K/9 rate based on his minor league history, and he's also getting 56% ground balls compared to his 46% average.
:coffee:
maybe aftr yordano #### the bed today you will knock this crap off.Then again, probably not.

Cron was awesome for me this last month. I thought he had clear path to playing time. What gives?
he had that good week vs Texas and Minnesota, t other than that he has been pretty bad for the last six weeks.

Better second half..., Marlon Byrd or Marcel Ozuna?

also:

Garrett Richards or Corey Kluber?

I'm kinda thinking it's a good time to sell high on Richards.
kluber is safer and I don't think his upside is all that different right now.

i really really really like Eovaldi.
Sell high on Lackey?

or try to move Yordano or Eovaldi?
Not Ventura even in a redraft. I'm not a huge Eovaldi fan like everyone else, hard to see him maintaining his K/9 rate based on his minor league history, and he's also getting 56% ground balls compared to his 46% average.
:coffee:
maybe aftr yordano #### the bed today you will knock this crap off.Then again, probably not.
Hey moron, aren't you the guy that was complaining about the "petulants?" Maybe you should take your own advice? Or are you really this obtuse?

You probably should have waited for Ventura to have a few more poor starts before bumping, he's owned in 91% of leagues Copernicus.

You don't get it.

And you never will.

Stop commenting on anything I post and I'll do the same to you.

Best for everyone.

I know you can give out the I told you so's. I also know you can't take them. You don't need to keep reminding me.

I know you can give out the I told you so's. I also know you can't take them. You don't need to keep reminding me.
MAC_32 said:
Running calendar said as many miles today as beers yesterday, but I think yesterday ended closer to twenty
Maybe instead of drinking 20 beers, you could spend some time working on your English composition and logic. That would be...

Best for everyone.
:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread