What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (2 Viewers)

Live blogging from the front row of the Crawford boxes. It's like every batter is trying to hit me

McCullers doing a good job of defending me so far

Last edited by a moderator:
urbanhack said:
Good Posting Judge said:
That's a lot of strikeouts.
sure...focus on the negative.
If you are in a league where strikeouts count negative, one has to look at it.

For example, I used to play in a point league where a strikeout for batters was -3 points. This also was the same league where you just got one point for each total base, so a Ryan Howard would not be that useful.

urbanhack said:
Good Posting Judge said:

For example, I used to play in a point league where a strikeout for batters was -3 points. This also was the same league where you just got one point for each total base, so a Ryan Howard would not be that useful.
Sounds dumb.

urbanhack said:
Good Posting Judge said:

Sounds dumb.
So is striking out over 190 times a season.

urbanhack said:
"Good said:
If you are in a league where strikeouts count negative, one has to look at it.For example, I used to play in a point league where a strikeout for batters was -3 points. This also was the same league where you just got one point for each total base, so a Ryan Howard would not be that useful.
Sounds dumb.
So is striking out over 190 times a season.
It's still only an out

Time for Drew Stubbs' wild ride. Gotta deal with the inevitable AVG/OBP issues and he kinda hasn't hit this year, but it's waivers and he's got a great schedule coming up. 5 games against the Phillies (2 in Colorado), a double header Saturday amidst a weekend series in Colorado, with a series in his old bandbox squeezed in between, then a 9 game home stand? It may not work, but it'll be fun.

Time for Drew Stubbs' wild ride. Gotta deal with the inevitable AVG/OBP issues and he kinda hasn't hit this year, but it's waivers and he's got a great schedule coming up. 5 games against the Phillies (2 in Colorado), a double header Saturday amidst a weekend series in Colorado, with a series in his old bandbox squeezed in between, then a 9 game home stand? It may not work, but it'll be fun.
Yup. I grabbed him with Dickerson down. Gonna to try to fill the gap with Stubbs and David Peralta. Pray for me.

Also people strapped for C might want to look at Wilin Rosario. He seems to be healthy now and he's got the same schedule, obviously. Good nights the last 2 and he's been playing 1B, which is a plus. Should be a good play through June 10, which will hopefully just about get me to Lucroy's return.

Also people strapped for C might want to look at Wilin Rosario. He seems to be healthy now and he's got the same schedule, obviously. Good nights the last 2 and he's been playing 1B, which is a plus. Should be a good play through June 10, which will hopefully just about get me to Lucroy's return.
He's treated me well since Morneau went on the DL.

Picked up Pence last week and I guess I need him next week for Ellsbury. Or maybe I should add someone else considering it might be a while before Pence gets his groove back?

Good Posting Judge said:
Hitter strikeout numbers are germane no matter the format.
Apparently so.

Cubs have the most Ks (377) and a 21-17 record

Astros are second with 362 Ks and a 26-14 record

Talk about fun!

Drew Stubbs - OF - Rockies

Rockies optioned OF Drew Stubbs to Triple-A Albuquerque.

Stubbs was batting just .118/.182/.255 through 56 plate appearances this season. Brandon Barnes has been recalled in a corresponding move to provide outfield depth while Corey Dickerson rests his plantar fasciitis. Stubbs is very good defensively and has posted strong overall offensive numbers since joining Colorado, so he should be back up as soon as he shows some life on the farm.

May 20 - 5:15 PM

Samardzija was dropped last week in my H2H points league.

Worth a pickup to drop any of Salazar, Shelby Miller, Liriano?

Really not sold on Miller, but I don't know I can drop him right now.

Samardzija was dropped last week in my H2H points league.

Worth a pickup to drop any of Salazar, Shelby Miller, Liriano?

Really not sold on Miller, but I don't know I can drop him right now.
nobody else you can drop? Id add shark but not for any of those guys.
Rest of staff is Keuchel, Ross, McHugh and Lynn, but I like them all more.

Only have 1 bench hitter right now, so I'd rather not part with that, but if so, would be Polanco or Ozuna.

In a weekly pts league bench bats are worthless. It's better to stockpile arms for double starts. I'd drop ozuna for shark.

Kennys Vargas's demotion to AAA, which seemed to come right when he was starting to turn it around in the bigs, didn't make much sense to me. And now he's crushing the ball in the minors. I'm not adding him yet, but if he gets called back up, I'd grab him.

My league has a Minor League Keeper spot that's currently occupied by Miguel Sano. Should I drop him for Kyle Schwarber?

Anyone pick up Justin Bour? Doing 368/419/579 and looks to be the Marlins' regular 1B vs. righties.

He may be a quad-A platoon first baseman on an NL team in a pitcher's park, but he does have a pretty decent minor league record both in terms of plate discipline and power.

Users who are viewing this thread