What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (3 Viewers)

Ya but even if he "goes off" that means he's going to hit a ton of singles and correct his BA. When SB and HR both go away, it's going to be hard for anybody.

As a Mariners fan, I can only hope this works. So worried about him now. This is starting to look like the franchise crippling move a lot of people thought the Pujols contract was for the Angles. But at least Pujols is half-way decent right now. M's look like they may be screwed.

Cano at least can still hold down a valuable defensive position. He's never beent a great glove but he can pass. Replacement level offense for a 2B is a pretty low bar. The real problem comes in a couple of years when he's no longer able to field his position. Where can you move him then and can he hit enough to justify the roster slot. It's kind of like the case of Brandon Phillips except with a longer tail.

Cano at least can still hold down a valuable defensive position. He's never beent a great glove but he can pass. Replacement level offense for a 2B is a pretty low bar. The real problem comes in a couple of years when he's no longer able to field his position. Where can you move him then and can he hit enough to justify the roster slot. It's kind of like the case of Brandon Phillips except with a longer tail.
His UZR for his career is pretty firmly negative. Glove-first middle infielders are not tough to find if you're not expecting much offensively, but those are guys you can get cheap or via your farm system.

There are, I'm sure, some things they can do with him to forestall the inevitable, but ultimately it looks like a losing battle.

His UZR for his career is pretty firmly negative. Glove-first middle infielders are not tough to find if you're not expecting much offensively, but those are guys you can get cheap or via your farm system.

There are, I'm sure, some things they can do with him to forestall the inevitable, but ultimately it looks like a losing battle.
Maybe if he hustled more on ground balls :shrug:

Maybe if he hustled more on ground balls :shrug:
I just sent him a private message on Facebook.

Sun, Jun 7

Devin Mesoraco (hip) will begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Louisville on Monday.

Advice: Reds manager Bryan Price said that Mesoraco is feeling great and should need 3-4 rehab games before being activated. He'll play left field for Louisville and that's the position Mesoraco is pegged for when he returns to the big club. The soon-to-be 27-year-old hasn't played anywhere other than catcher as a pro, but the Reds hope using him in left field will allow him to delay hip surgery until the offseason.

I'm in a Yahoo league where I drafted Evan Gattis early and then drafted Russell Martin late. Needless to say, I benched Gattis and stuck Martin in my lineup. At some point in the season, the owner of Jonathan Lucroy cut him and I scooped him up and stuck him on my DL list. But now he's off the DL.

I cannot carry 3 active catchers.

Lucroy qualifies at 1B as well. The other two are just catchers. I have Hosmer and Belt for my 1B already.

I can't cut Gattis because he's been teeing off. I don't want to cut Lucroy because he a really productive catcher. But Martin has done nothing wrong.

Who do I drop?

Who would you add? If there isn't anything worthwhile or necessary available I'd punt the decision until you either have to, they make the decision for you, or someone worthwhile becomes available.

Kennys Vargas's demotion to AAA, which seemed to come right when he was starting to turn it around in the bigs, didn't make much sense to me. And now he's crushing the ball in the minors. I'm not adding him yet, but if he gets called back up, I'd grab him.
Vargas back up. I expect him to have better luck this time around.

Astros call up Vincent Velasquez. I don't know much about him, but one scout likes him more than McCullers. Not added to Yahoo yet, so you'd probably need to burn a waiver claim. On the plus side, that gives you a couple days to research and decide if he's worth it.

Need to cut either Cashner or Samardzija to make room for Correa. Thoughts?

(Unless I dump Betts, but that would leave me with no bench hitters.)

Astros call up Vincent Velasquez. I don't know much about him, but one scout likes him more than McCullers. Not added to Yahoo yet, so you'd probably need to burn a waiver claim. On the plus side, that gives you a couple days to research and decide if he's worth it.
wasn't he supposed to pitch tonight?

Last edited by a moderator:
Who would you drop in a 5X5 average league?

Aybar or Alexei?

I have Correa, Prado, Altuve as my starters up the middle but will use one of the above as insurance and probably to platoon some with Prado. I'm 4th in steals (and just traded for Marte), 8th in runs, 7th in average if that helps any.

Danny Espinosa could start seeing some action in LF soon. He's one game away from 3B elig in Yahoo. If he adds OF, he'd be elig at 2B SS 3B OF. That's a solid util guy if he continues to hit the way he's been hitting. And if he finds some of his former speed on the base paths, he could be a 20/10 util guy. Not too shabby.

Danny Espinosa could start seeing some action in LF soon. He's one game away from 3B elig in Yahoo. If he adds OF, he'd be elig at 2B SS 3B OF. That's a solid util guy if he continues to hit the way he's been hitting. And if he finds some of his former speed on the base paths, he could be a 20/10 util guy. Not too shabby.
interesting. Might look to replace Semien with him.

General question: does a player have to start a game at a position to get eligibility or just play there at all? Specifically looking at my ESPN league, where we need 10 games at a position and I see that Espinosa has played parts of 9 games at 3B.

interesting. Might look to replace Semien with him.

General question: does a player have to start a game at a position to get eligibility or just play there at all? Specifically looking at my ESPN league, where we need 10 games at a position and I see that Espinosa has played parts of 9 games at 3B.
I've been starting him in one league for about a month now. In OBP leagues he has value because of the pop and the position eligibility, he also has some dynasty appeal because Ian Desmond is gone in the off-season and Espinosa might be the starter at 2B next year. He's actually a top ten SS in mixed leagues (ahead of Castro, Bogaerts, Segura, etc) and close to that rank at 2B.

He has zero steals and only one attempt this year however, and I wouldn't expect that to improve since the Nats aren't running much as a team this year.

I made a trade yesterday and have some open spots for lottery picks

Jon Singleton, Francisco Lindor, Corey Seager,

Anyone else might have a shot. The Mets pitcher coming in a week or so has already been drafted

Lindor's going to be up soon, but Seager's been better. If both are available now maybe add Lindor, see if he starts hitting better, and if not then swap them out.

I'd ignore Singleton for now.

Is LA just going to bench Rollins or Turner for Seager?

Singleton is raking and the Astros are obviously not letting prospects marinate at AAA unnecessarily.

Holt is heating up and Farrell said he's gonna stay taking playing time away from Castillo. Eligible almost everywhere

Is LA just going to bench Rollins or Turner for Seager?

Singleton is raking and the Astros are obviously not letting prospects marinate at AAA unnecessarily.
Who will ride pine in favor of him? Both Carter and Gattis have been hot too.
I think Singleton is showing that he at least has the potential to be a better all-around hitter. Carter has an 0.3 WAR YTD, and Gattis is at -0.1.

Any SS I should be keeping an eye on? Had Cozart, but he's toast. All I have left is Andrus
Kang

Seager

Brad Miller and Chris Owings seem to have good upside, but unclear if/when they will ever get there.
Miller has righted the ship a bit since his horrendous first half of 2014. I think he still has enough pop and speed to have a decent fantasy season some year but this doesn't seem like it's it.

Owings is performing his homage to Miller's 2014

Users who are viewing this thread