What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mitt Romney: Russia is America's #1 geopolitical foe (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/9168533/Mitt-Romney-Russia-is-Americas-number-one-geopolitical-foe.html

I really want to support this guy. But sometimes he makes it so damn difficult. Doesn't he realize that, as the man who will be the Republican nominee, his words have impact overseas?

We don't need to have Russia as our enemy. We would be much better off in the long run with Russia as our friend, for a whole variety of reasons. If Romney is elected he has created a big mess here which he will have to clean up. I figure he thinks he's Ronald Reagan, but he isn't, just as today's Russia is not the Soviet Union.

What a foolish remark from Mr. Etch A Sketch.
It's worse than foolish. It's actually damaging to our national interests. It's by far Romney's worst comment of the campaign.
I don't think it's damaging really. Medved pretty much slapped Romney down on it and Wes Clark finished him off. The Russians don't take that crap seriously really. If he got elected they might use it against him at the table but in general they know it was just stupid campaign talk.

It's worse than foolish. It's actually damaging to our national interests. It's by far Romney's worst comment of the campaign.
I don't think it's damaging really. Medved pretty much slapped Romney down on it and Wes Clark finished him off. The Russians don't take that crap seriously really. If he got elected they might use it against him at the table but in general they know it was just stupid campaign talk.
I'm sure they know it. But they're not the only ones who read it. There's also the Russian public, who are generally suspicious of our motives anyhow. There are a number of xenophobic Russian politicians on the rise in that country who campaign on anti-American themes. I have no doubt that they will use this sort of talk to further their own goals.

I'm sure they know it. But they're not the only ones who read it. There's also the Russian public, who are generally suspicious of our motives anyhow. There are a number of xenophobic Russian politicians on the rise in that country who campaign on anti-American themes. I have no doubt that they will use this sort of talk to further their own goals.
Yeah any anti-American types might get some mileage but really there are plenty of decisions we make that give them fodder.

Yeah any anti-American types might get some mileage but really there are plenty of decisions we make that give them fodder.
N o doubt about that. It's still really stupid and awful though. Makes me wonder what the guy is thinking about.

Just more rhetoric for the likes of Putin. It is shame, I think Obama is making good progress with Russia. When will we learn that our approach with other countries needs to be based on trade and facilitating an open dialogue? Not threats and military buildup. I guess the former doesn't play well with the American people.

N o doubt about that. It's still really stupid and awful though. Makes me wonder what the guy is thinking about.
Anything to get him closer in the polls.

He is thinking about getting elected. Period. No wonder needed.

My goodness, Mitt. Having (naturally) different national interests than us hardly makes a nation an enemy. The freaking Russkies have enough internal problems of their own and plenty of pressure on their immediate borders to worry much about us.

:goodposting: Yea the old school xenophobic anti-american Russians were just throwing us rose parades before this comment by Mitt Romney.Anything that america says will be misconstrued as a negative by those people - think of it like Fox News covering Obama.

Tim, we all know you will be voting for Obama; stop with the supporting Romney shtick.

The saddest part is that Romney's comment was made in an effort to garner support. The overarching problem isn't a single dumb remark by a politician, it's that dumb comments like these actually appeal to a significant portion of the electorate. How embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I continue to be surprised at how many people support this goober. I don't get it. What does he have over you people?

Why does the Republican party offer up moron after moron?

Why is it that the only intelligent nominee the Republicans have offered up,Paul, gets labeled as crazy by his own party?

Have you seen Siberia? The trees are gigantic there. No non-evil country has trees that height. And don't even get started on their grits.

The saddest part is that Romney's comment was made in an effort to garner support. The overarching problem isn't a single dumb remark by a politician, it's that dumb comments like these actually appeal to a significant portion of the electorate. How embarrassing.
:goodposting:

Hasn't Romney basically said that he'd invade Iran? If that's the case what does he want to do to our biggest enemy?

Why is it that the only intelligent nominee the Republicans have offered up,Paul, gets labeled as crazy by his own party?
Looks like they lifted the script directly from the Democrats. I'm not partisan.
Equivalency defense, right on cue.
Romney's not a moron - misguided, disingenuous, slippery, power hungry to a fault, yes, but not a moron. Obama and Clinton aren't morons either. Bush Sr. - not a moron. Reagan, not a moron, but was drifting into senility towards the end there. Not sure about Junior though, he could be a moron.

Just more rhetoric for the likes of Putin. It is shame, I think Obama is making good progress with Russia. When will we learn that our approach with other countries needs to be based on trade and facilitating an open dialogue? Not threats and military buildup. I guess the former doesn't play well with the American people.
That was Jon Huntsman's whole platform and he got bounced after New Hampshire.

I continue to be surprised at how many people support this goober. I don't get it. What does he have over you people?
He is not black and he doesn't have a D by his name.
So you would rather have someone with lesser intelligence at the helm as long as he's white? Talk about Affirmative Action?!?!
:confused: It does not matter to me if he is white/black/pink/yellow/purple and I am not the one supporting the goober Romney.

Why does the Republican party offer up moron after moron?Why is it that the only intelligent nominee the Republicans have offered up,Paul, gets labeled as crazy by his own party?
Paul has some good ideas, but make no mistake "He is crazy".
I know, the learned folk scare you.
Paul does not scare me because he is irrelevant and will never get elected. His single hope of getting the nomination was lost when his "baby" the tea party was taken over by mainstream GOP. If he could have road the tea party wave into the primaries then this would be a different discussion.

Looks like they lifted the script directly from the Democrats. I'm not partisan.
Romney's not a moron - misguided, disingenuous, slippery, power hungry to a fault, yes, but not a moron. Obama and Clinton aren't morons either. Bush Sr. - not a moron. Reagan, not a moron, but was drifting into senility towards the end there. Not sure about Junior though, he could be a moron.
Look man, anyone who would state they are going to invade a country or try to start another cold war before they are actually anybody is a moron.

Look man, anyone who would state they are going to invade a country or try to start another cold war before they are actually anybody is a moron.
The essence of his being is to get elected. I assume he does not believe, or actually intend to do, anything he says. If he thinks saying X will gain him more votes than it loses, its a non-moronic thing to do. He's not the moron - it's the people who he's gladhanding to with such statements that are the morons if they agree with what he's saying and/or think he's being honest in his portrayal of himself and his ideas/what he believes. Which gets back to TGunz's lament about our general population when it comes to campaigns and voting. Which is probably not significantly better or worse now than its been over the course of this nation's history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pathetic.
Finally we agree.It really is pathetic that the base of the GOP thinks like this. I really wish it was not true.
No....we most assuredly do not agree. Do you have any evidence that the whole GOP base thinks this way? I mean, honestly snarkiness aside, what you are insinuating is pretty insulting.Basically you are saying that since I support the GOP, I am a racist. Like I said before...pathetic. And by saying pathetic, I am actually talking about your bigoted viewpoints.

I do not think Romney is stupid a la Sarah Palin (despite my jab above), but I do no think that his mindset or thought process is correct for a president of a country. The country is not a business with the sole goal of turning a profit. And saying anything to get elected, changing your beliefs, accent, etc to just play to a crowd (and doing so poorly) does not reflect well IMO.

I do not think Romney is stupid a la Sarah Palin (despite my jab above), but I do no think that his mindset or thought process is correct for a president of a country. The country is not a business with the sole goal of turning a profit. And saying anything to get elected, changing your beliefs, accent, etc to just play to a crowd (and doing so poorly) does not reflect well IMO.
:goodposting:

Pathetic.
Finally we agree.It really is pathetic that the base of the GOP thinks like this. I really wish it was not true.
No....we most assuredly do not agree. Do you have any evidence that the whole GOP base thinks this way? I mean, honestly snarkiness aside, what you are insinuating is pretty insulting.Basically you are saying that since I support the GOP, I am a racist. Like I said before...pathetic. And by saying pathetic, I am actually talking about your bigoted viewpoints.
'meatwad1 said:
David Duke is an American hero!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread