What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Disc Golf Thread*** (1 Viewer)

If you wanted to play a round or two but weren't looking to go buy a whole bunch of new discs would you play with an old ultimate frisbee disc or is that crazy?  If cray, what's the bare min you could get by with?
ultrastars are pdga legal, so youre good there.

the roc is the closest thing to one that ive thrown.  dont be afraid to get light weight ones.

All you need is a bunch of rocs in different states of wear and trident. 
played pro golf and ultimate for nearly two decades.  carried 13-17 discs in my bag regularly.  i prolly could have done just as well with 1 roc.

these days i carry a roc and a sidewinder (no bag).

I met my uncle at Boulder Woods last night, his first round ever. He drained a 100' shot with a Polecat I gave him, just a big lofty throw nose angle up with a huge fade that went around a tree. Hey this is easy!

played pro golf and ultimate for nearly two decades.  carried 13-17 discs in my bag regularly.  i prolly could have done just as well with 1 roc.

these days i carry a roc and a sidewinder (no bag).
17 discs?  Disc golf is serious business.

17 discs?  Disc golf is serious business.
as serious as you want to make it.

tournament bag:

2 aviars putters, in case i lose one

5 rocs, (in different states of decay, to get that perfect shape to the throw).

3 fairway drivers (see above) tbird, eagle, etc

3 understable drivers, (see above) sidewinder, roadrunner, cyclone, etc

3 overstable drivers, for windy conditions and low elevations. (can be omited)

1 gummy approach for hilly greens.

HTF does a search for "disc golf" not find this thread?

I played my 3rd and 4th rounds ever this afternoon at Burke Lake... even on the 2nd one today.  Finally got the disc lower and to quit drifting left and it missed a lot more trees.

ETA:  thanks for the advice up thread.  Helped me figure out what I needed to get started.
I grew up playing the course at Burke Lake. Do people still walk thru fairways unaware that they are at risk of getting hit by discs?

done any tournys yet?
I haven't. There's one in August at my home course called the Iron Man that I'm considering. The course has two pads and two baskets per hole, and in this tourney they play all 4 combinations in one day. It would be a good challenge just to finish, especially if it's a typical 95 degree day.

Finally played again after about 10+ years.  Crappy 9 hole course about 3 miles from my house.  Totally sucked in and want to start playing again.  At least my son is probably finally old enough to drag along.....

I got a call over the weekend from a course about 2 hours from me that I have not played at for at least 7 years now that the found a lost disc of mine.  I do not recall ever losing a disc there :unsure:

I got a call over the weekend from a course about 2 hours from me that I have not played at for at least 7 years now that the found a lost disc of mine.  I do not recall ever losing a disc there :unsure:
Probably a disc that you lost somewhere else that was found by someone else who has now lost it themselves :crazy:  

I picked up a Blofly putter this spring. One of those really rubbery ones. I love that when I shank off of a basket, it just dies and drops instead of rolling 20 yards.

I've played a handful of times in my life, but for some reason at the age of 45 I have started to take it seriously.  I'm completely hooked. Got a bag for Christmas, and I'm looking forward to building my arsenal.  So much to learn....

It's been a record warm January, been playing almost every day. :thumbup:  

Also been consolidating my disc arsenal lately and I've got about 40 discs to sell. Anyone looking to buy discs, PM me. Some molds I'm selling: TL, Gator, Mako3, Atlas, Comet, Stratus, Cobra, Aviar, Rhyno, Leopard, Saint Pro, River, Colossus, Roadrunner, Beast, Boss, Daedalus, Mamba, Katana, Nuke, Whale, Voodoo.

Also been consolidating my disc arsenal lately and I've got about 40 discs to sell. Anyone looking to buy discs, PM me. Some molds I'm selling: TL, Gator, Mako3, Atlas, Comet, Stratus, Cobra, Aviar, Rhyno, Leopard, Saint Pro, River, Colossus, Roadrunner, Beast, Boss, Daedalus, Mamba, Katana, Nuke, Whale, Voodoo.
Weights? Grade of plastic?  Got an Aerobie Epic you wanna let go?

you should hang on to your roadrunner and daedalus.  understable driver are the shizzle.

Springtime bump :)  

Been playing constantly and getting pretty good. Losing weight definitely helps with form & full rotation/power on drives. I'm up to 23 courses played, and still so many more I want to check out. 

Newest disc discovery is the Maul. It's just a speed 7 but I can throw it almost as long as a distance driver, and it's the most accurate, controllable disc I've ever thrown. 

Still can't throw forehands or rollers.

If it doesn't ####### rain here in DC going two days this weekend. One day after will stop off at a brewery that is just down the road.

For the second consecutive year, disc golf action will be kicking off the 20-show Beach Sports Network broadcast season. DiscGolfPlanet.tv, in cooperation with the Professional Disc Golf Association and Innova Champion Discs, is pleased to announce that the 2014 National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships will be distributed to 24 regional sports networks and will reach an estimated 93 million households. This is an approximately 14% increase from last year's 82.2 million households reached and represents the largest TV audience distribution in the history of the sport of disc golf.
https://www.pdga.com/disc-golf-reach-record-tv-audience

Playing in a great match play league

We are using 16 courses and each course has a 7 person team.  We are split into 4 divisions and the division champs will qualify for the playoffs.

Your team gets 2 points for winning a match and 1 point for a tie. 

Match play is such a refreshing change from stroke play as strategy comes into play as does your ability to work your opponent.  :thumbup:

It really gives me something to look forward to each Wednesday and is a great time to meet up with friends and launch some plastic.

I have to take the year off due to a shoulder injury....which I got last year from playing too much / throwing too hard.  :(   :cry:   :wall:   

I have to take the year off due to a shoulder injury....which I got last year from playing too much / throwing too hard.  :(   :cry:   :wall:   
I learned how to become a lefty when I had to take time off because of a shoulder injury ;)  

I assume this is still the official FBG Disc Golf thread?

I'm in the Roanoke, Virginia area and Paul McBeth has recently relocated to the general area. Word is he's preparing a private course on his property.

I assume this is still the official FBG Disc Golf thread?

I'm in the Roanoke, Virginia area and Paul McBeth has recently relocated to the general area. Word is he's preparing a private course on his property.
I mean, he has posted pics and video mentioning it on social media a few times. Not sure its really a rumor type thing at this point. Im sure itll be legit tho, his property looked gorgeous in the vids

Bump.   I played six rounds in Portland over the holidays...the weather was great. 

i think got in 40+ rounds in 2019.  My game has significantly improved and I’ve built out the following bag.  

putters: Prodigy P4, Challenger, Luna

mids: Prodigy M2, Maaco G Star, Roc, Gator, Buzz

fairway: 2 Gstar Leopards, Sidewinder 

Distance: Beast, Wraith and Tern

Any PDX disc golfers here?
I am not a PDX disc golfer however I have played a few courses in the Portland area.  My sister in law lives in the Beaverton area and when my wife and I visit I normally play a few rounds.  I have played:

Pier Park

Blue Lake Regional Park

Horning's Hideout

I liked them all.  Having said that Horning's was my least favorite.  I had my best experience at Blue Lake.  I think a big part of that is because I played pretty well that day.  I really liked that course though.  Pier Park is pretty amazing in regards to the scenery you experience.  Very cool course as well.

I also played a high desert course in Bend, OR that was pretty freaking amazing.  It was Pine Nursery.  Very cool area, very cool course.  

I am not a PDX disc golfer however I have played a few courses in the Portland area.  My sister in law lives in the Beaverton area and when my wife and I visit I normally play a few rounds.  I have played:

Pier Park

Blue Lake Regional Park

Horning's Hideout

I liked them all.  Having said that Horning's was my least favorite.  I had my best experience at Blue Lake.  I think a big part of that is because I played pretty well that day.  I really liked that course though.  Pier Park is pretty amazing in regards to the scenery you experience.  Very cool course as well.

I also played a high desert course in Bend, OR that was pretty freaking amazing.  It was Pine Nursery.  Very cool area, very cool course.  
Nice.  I've play all of those pretty frequently and I live 5 minutes from Pier Park so that is my home turf.

I heard the Pine Nursery course in Bend is being developed and will no longer be there.  :(

Central Ohio is actually fortunate to have a handful of very nice courses.  If you have to travel this way don’t be afraid to bring your discs with you.  And if you would like to help a noodle-arm with his game....

Been playing a lot these days. Local course just opened back up after some of the baskets were vandalized during quarantine.

New discs making their way into my bag:

Katana (170 grams)

Roc3 (180 grams) this has been the best all around disc for me lately.

Prodigy MX 2 (400 plastic)

This is just one of those sports where I am getting much better even if my scores are not.  I’m making 3’s in completely different ways now.  I still can’t throw reliably over 280’ and people make it seem like it should be the easiest thing in the world.  I watched Eagle McMahon put it pin high in 2 on an 1100’ par 5.  I have never been in awe of pro athletes as I am with pro disc golfers.

This is just one of those sports where I am getting much better even if my scores are not.  I’m making 3’s in completely different ways now.  I still can’t throw reliably over 280’ and people make it seem like it should be the easiest thing in the world.  I watched Eagle McMahon put it pin high in 2 on an 1100’ par 5.  I have never been in awe of pro athletes as I am with pro disc golfers.
Agreed.  I’m gonna be 52 next week and I can throw 300 to 350 pretty consistently. But these kids on tour are just freaks and their distance is unreal.  

• Smile
Reactions: Hoh

Users who are viewing this thread