Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Bully

Chaka

NPR review

Preview and buncha clips

I don't think the practice of bullying has increased since my school days but we are hearing about it much more and I think it is a legitimate problem. And while I don't think the practice will ever stop I do think that with a minimal amount of effort, like taking your children to see this film, we might be able to reduce the instances.

Anyway I don't start many threads but I think this film could use some support.

Cheers

NPR review

Preview and buncha clips

I don't think the practice of bullying has increased since my school days but we are hearing about it much more and I think it is a legitimate problem. And while I don't think the practice will ever stop I do think that with a minimal amount of effort, like taking your children to see this film, we might be able to reduce the instances.

Cheers

Film is rated R in the USA, I don't think parents are going to be able to take their children to see the film. Pretty sure it's rated PG in Canada and every other country though. MPAA, doing "God's work".

NPR review

Preview and buncha clips

Cheers

Film is rated R in the USA, I don't think parents are going to be able to take their children to see the film. Pretty sure it's rated PG in Canada and every other country though. MPAA, doing "God's work".
I didn't see that it was rated R in the US. That's ridiculous. Must have some naughty language that will clearly pollute the fragile little minds of the nation's youth.

I love this country but my goodness we're idiots about a lot of things.

NPR review

Preview and buncha clips

Cheers

I didn't see that it was rated R in the US. That's ridiculous. Must have some naughty language that will clearly pollute the fragile little minds of the nation's youth.

I love this country but my goodness we're idiots about a lot of things.

There was quite a few good articles about the bull####edness of the rating, though with my ####ty google skills I can't find them at the moment. The sad thing is as you mentioned, the film would likely have a positive influence on kids, and the director had hoped that it would essentially be a film that all teachers would want to show their students. Now it doesn't look like that'll be a possibility.

i can't find any article right now b/c it's past my bedtime. There was some stuff on it in Entertainment Weekly, but i am sure there are better one's out there:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/03/27/bully-amc-common-sense-media/

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/03/27/ptc-bully-unrated/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/bully-review-lee-hirsch-harvey-weinstein-305406

i can't find any article right now b/c it's past my bedtime. There was some stuff on it in Entertainment Weekly, but i am sure there are better one's out there:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/bully-review-lee-hirsch-harvey-weinstein-305406

The film’s ideal destination ultimately will be television, but institutional showings also seem an obvious route, making it required viewing for parents and educators, but primarily for kids, whether they be victims or perpetrators of bullying or simply bystanders who need to be encouraged to speak out. In the meantime, someone should go beat some sense into the MPAA.

Social media has taken bullying to a whole new level. Kids used to be able to leave it once they got home. Now its with them 24/7.

If a kid can get expelled for tweeting the word '####' how are kids not getting suspended for cyber bullying?

NPR review

Preview and buncha clips

Cheers

Fortunately, "Hunger Games" is PG-13, so youngsters can still see kids killing each other, but without the naughty language. :mellow:

NPR review

Preview and buncha clips

Cheers

Fortunately, "Hunger Games" is PG-13, so youngsters can still see kids killing each other, but without the naughty language. :mellow:
It's unreal. We loves us some violence and bloodshed but heaven forbid we expose a nipple or use harsh language.

Archived