What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official FFA Lotto Club *** (3 Viewers)

How many double PBall # tix did u guys buy (power # matches one of the 5)That's where the real $$$ is
Wat?
Double numbers are least likely to be won so less chance for sharing
Again... Wat?I don't think you know what a random number is
I think he is saying most people don't select their PB# to be the same as their 5 regular #'s thus less chance to have multiple winners/split the winnings. There is also no such thing as a random number in a computer so I wonder how their computers do quick picks.

How many double PBall # tix did u guys buy (power # matches one of the 5)

That's where the real $$$ is
Wat?
I think he is saying most people don't select their PB# to be the same as their 5 regular #'s thus less chance to have multiple winners/split the winnings.

There is also no such thing as a random number in a computer so I wonder how their computers do quick picks.
DING DING DINGSomeone knows how to think

Wat?
I think he is saying most people don't select their PB# to be the same as their 5 regular #'s thus less chance to have multiple winners/split the winnings.

There is also no such thing as a random number in a computer so I wonder how their computers do quick picks.
WAT?! Okay now I'm sure you're just makin stuff up

Wat?

Review past large jackpots with no winners and you'll find a disproportionate set of double number non-winners

Wat?

Can't tell if schtick or not. But odds are if someone wins, there will be multiple winners. That means 360 becomes 180 or 120 very quickly. So in order to minimize your chances of getting multiple winners, you select tickets that have the same PB as one of your regular numbers b/c people want to diversity their numbers. So if you win with one of those tickets, you probably won't have someone to share it with. It doesn't change the odds of your ticket winning, but it changes the odds of someone else winning.

Wat?

Review past large jackpots with no winners and you'll find a disproportionate set of double number non-winners
Double who what now? Have you been drinking? On a weeknight? It's okay... You can come clean here.

:confused:
http://engineering.mit.edu/live/news/1753-can-a-computer-generate-a-truly-random-numberLot of engineering mumbo jumbo, but in the end, computers are logical instruments that can't think for themselves (hence why we don't have to worry about them taking over, at least not yet). Anything a program does is programmed. So how can we expect a computer to all of a sudden give us a random number. As the article states, we can create algorithms that can be very tough to discern but there has to be a pattern or something telling the computer what number to pick.

Wat?

Double who what now? Have you been drinking? On a weeknight? It's okay... You can come clean here.
30% of tickets purchased are not random, it's ok, I'll take the TKO :boxing:

Wat?

30% of tickets purchased are not random, it's ok, I'll take the TKO :boxing:
Now you're making even less sense. I didn't think that was possible.

When is the next opening to get in the club? I'll pony up the extra even if I missed it by a couple weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread