Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** Official FFA Lotto Club ***

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got the tickets. They feel like winners to me. 

the fact that most of the original players are still involved. 

You can, for sure... We used $10 from slush to get to an even number for ticket purchase this period.  If there are no objections from the rest of the club, I'm fine with returning the $10 to slu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ugh... really sorry guys.  I didn't realize it was time for a new period.  I'll queue it up for next week.

I did go out and get slush tickets for tonight before I realized the period was over.

Also... while talking to my local drug (lottery) dealer.... he told me they are changing the Mega to $2 per ticket in September :angry: 

On 6/10/2017 at 8:07 AM, Tecumseh said:

I'd like to nominate @FatUncleJerryBussif he's willing. Well known honest guy in a no state tax location.

Does where the ticket is bought matter for taxes if we all live in different states? I just assumed it would be just added to your normal tax filings for Illinois (grrrrrrr) or fill in the state. Would we get a tax break if we bought it in Nevada or Florida? 

27 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

Does where the ticket is bought matter for taxes if we all live in different states? I just assumed it would be just added to your normal tax filings for Illinois (grrrrrrr) or fill in the state. Would we get a tax break if we bought it in Nevada or Florida? 

https://taxfoundation.org/lottery-tax-rates-vary-greatly-state/

anyone in one of the no-tax states want to take over?

• Like 1
On 6/11/2017 at 9:49 AM, brun said:

I can do it if needed.

In New Hampshire. No state tax on lottery winnings and no state income tax. However, no matter where the tickets are purchased, you must still satisfy the tax requirements for the state in which you reside.

IIRC, NH does allow multiple winners on a ticket (I think each person needs to sign it though, so there are some logistics to consider). NH winners are not anonymous. I believe there may be the option to form a trust which may help with the anonymity and ticket signing issues. A local lawyer would be a must, but I'm not sure how to choose a lottery expert lawyer.

I understand there are always trust issues with people you don't know. I can buy and scan the tickets and send the scan to Kee who can confirm and reimburse me.

Edit: Given the probability of winning big. I do realize the concerns that are related to winning are a little silly, but I'm an optimist. 

I can do the highlighted.

2 hours ago, brun said:
On 6/11/2017 at 9:49 AM, brun said:

I can do it if needed.

In New Hampshire. No state tax on lottery winnings and no state income tax. However, no matter where the tickets are purchased, you must still satisfy the tax requirements for the state in which you reside.

IIRC, NH does allow multiple winners on a ticket (I think each person needs to sign it though, so there are some logistics to consider). NH winners are not anonymous. I believe there may be the option to form a trust which may help with the anonymity and ticket signing issues. A local lawyer would be a must, but I'm not sure how to choose a lottery expert lawyer.

I understand there are always trust issues with people you don't know. I can buy and scan the tickets and send the scan to Kee who can confirm and reimburse me.

Edit: Given the probability of winning big. I do realize the concerns that are related to winning are a little silly, but I'm an optimist. 

I can do the highlighted.

I'm fine with this if everyone else is.  I'm hopping on a plane in 3 hours and was planning to buy this periods tickets before I do.  Would you want to do it this period, or wait until next?

18 minutes ago, Keerock said:

I'm fine with this if everyone else is.  I'm hopping on a plane in 3 hours and was planning to buy this periods tickets before I do.  Would you want to do it this period, or wait until next?

If you let let me know how many numbers (I have no idea), which game (I think it's Mega Millions), how many draws ( I think it's 10), start date ( I think it's today). I'll do it and send you the scan.

FWIW - About 20 years ago I won $100 with Power Ball. So, you know I'm good at buying winning tickets!

Edited by brun
2 hours ago, brun said:

If you let let me know how many numbers (I have no idea), which game (I think it's Mega Millions), how many draws ( I think it's 10), start date ( I think it's today). I'll do it and send you the scan.

FWIW - About 20 years ago I won $100 with Power Ball. So, you know I'm good at buying winning tickets!

Cool... thanks GB!  No need to buy until Monday evening/Tuesday afternoon for the Tuesday evening drawing.  That gives @DrJ time to get in... otherwise he's out for the next period as he's currently on escrow.

So what you'll do is ask for 29-30 (depending on if @DrJ gets in or not) Mega Millions Easy Picks for the next 10 drawings (multi-draw) starting with the Tuesday drawing.  I have a cool lottery guy who gets it, but some have had issues understanding in the past. Just have to spell it out for them.  total will come to $290 or $300 (again, depending on @DrJ

I'll send you the $$ once we know how much.

Thank you!!

On 6/11/2017 at 8:49 AM, brun said:

I can do it if needed.

If we won the jackpot you can bet I would be on the next flight to NH. Logistics would not be a problem. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Keerock said:

So no word (or money) from @DrJ so I'd go ahead and get 29 easy picks for 10 draws... $290.

Thanks again GB @brun!

In it to win it. I'll probably go out sometime mid day tomorrow. If I need to pick up another ticket afterward, just let me know.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

$300MM+ jackpot. Let's DO this, fellas. 

If when we win we will have to do an annual vacation trip with the whole group. We all take turns being the organizer/planner except for Keerock gets an exemption. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...