What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PPR Rookie Draft Mock (1 Viewer)

eakfootball

Footballguy
1. Trent Richardson-RB

A no brainer here as he is the most hyped RB prosopect I can remember. My number four dynasty back behind Rice, Foster, and McCoy. Should be a Ray Rice or MJD type player for many years to come.

2. Justin Blackmon-WR

Not the elite prospect of A.J. Green or Julio Jones, but still should make a very solid #2 fantasy reciever. If he maxes out his cieling we could see a Hakeem Nicks type player.

3. Andrew Luck-QB

Very safe pick, since at the very worst I see Luck being a Matt Ryan type of low end number 1 QB. If he is as good as I expect Luck should become an elite QB for years to come.

4. Doug Martin-RB

It all depends on the landing spot for Martin. If he becomes a feture back we could see top 15 numbers as a rookie. Maybe won't have the long term sucess as some of the other prospects because he is not an elite talent, but if put in the right spot he could be very effective. Some people compare Martin to Ray Rice, I don't think he has the power or quickness to become a Rice type player, but crazier things have happend.

5. Robert Griffin III-QB

A QB with the elite potential of Griffin is easily worth a top 5 pick. If it weren't for the lack of confidence I have in the Redskins he would be a spot or two higher. I don't see the comparison to Cam Newton, because their Athletisism is used in very different ways. I don't think Griffin will accumulate many rushing TDs, but he has shown the ability to use his strong arm to throw many long TDs, and put up huge yardage numbers. While he is much riskier than Luck, he has just as much potential.

6. Michael Floyd-WR

All of the players at 2-6 are very close, since I don't think there is a huge difference between Blackmon and Floyd. Floyd has as good a size speed combination as any skill position player besides Stephen Hill, and he also has the production to match his workouts. The work ethic concerns are there, but if he can get it together we could see a top 10 fantasy reciever.

7. David Wilson-RB

The speed and athletisism is there, but Wilson I don't think Wilson has the vision and patience to become a feture back. However I said the same things about Chris Johnson coming out of college, and he turned out alright. I see a very small chance that Wilson could be a Johnson type of impacter, which is the only reason he is this high, because right now he is a far worse back than some of the players below him.

8. Marvin Jones-WR

Jones is a natural reciever, and in the right place could be startable as a rookie.

9. Kendall Wright-WR

In January Wright's stock flew up to the point where he could have gone as high as 7. Now a poor 40 time has dropped him back into the mid to late first. A smaller slot reciever, I see Wright being a Victor Cruz or Percy Harvin type player. Still a very good natural receiver, but I'm starting to like Jones better.

10. Lamar Miller-RB

At first I had LaMichael James here, but with second thought, the fact that Miller will be draft a couple rounds higher than James will mean a lot more opportunity.

11. Stephen Hill-WR

If your team is in good enough shape to take a risk/reward pick, then Hill is your guy. Very similar to Demaryius Thomas, he has the physical tools to become and elite reciever, but is not a polished route runner yet. This could be one of the players I pass on in the mid first, and later regret it.

12. Colby Fleener-TE

Good size speed combination, and Fleener could beomce a number 1 TE, with Jason Witten potential.

2.1 LaMichael James-RB

2.2 Rueben Randle-WR

2.3 Alshon Jeffery-WR

2.4 Bernard Peirce-RB

2.5 Ryan Tannehill-QB

2.6 Isaiah Pead-RB

2.7 Chris Polk-RB

2.8 Muhammad Sanu-WR

2.9 Ryan Broyles-WR

2.10 Robert Turbin-RB

2.11 Greg Childs-WR

2.12 Brandon Weeden-QB

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamar Miller lacks many skills needed to succeed in the nfl. He has great straight line speed but not much else. He wouldn't be in my first round either.

Let's see your second round!

Appreciate the effort but not really digging it. Miller should be up there (despite what some say I think he's better than Wilson.) Love the top 6 but after that it gets a little fuzzy. I don't think Jones and James are top 12 material.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the post EAK.....great work! I see 9-15 being very tight right now, so I don't see anything wrong with having Miller outside of the top 12....but I am a bit puzzled you have James rated ahead of him. I could see Polk maybe ahead of Miller but not James.

I'm completely on board with Marvin Jones!!.....love this guy and I think he's got as much upside as Michael Floyd, but he's just not as safe as Floyd is.

I used to be very high on Miller, and low on James, but my opinion completely changed on them. I don't think Miller has the ceiling that some see, and I don't think he is NFL ready. He reminds me of a Tashard Choice type. Low floor, medium ceiling IMO.

James is one of those guys that nobody is going to expect much from, but will still produce solid numbers as a change of pace guy. If a team gives him 10-12 touches a game, he will find a way to get about 800-1000 total yards, plus haul in some receptions.

I like this a lot more now although I still think Marvin Jones is way too high. Good stuff! :thumbup:
Thank you, but just wait on Jones. He will be a first rounder by mid may, and after he is the buzz of the preseason he will be the number 3 rookie receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread