What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Arizona Cardinals Thread (3 Viewers)

Ken Whisenhunt sorry for Arizona Cardinals' ugly loss

By Dan Hanzus

Around the League Writer

It can't be a good feeling for a NFL coach to approach a podium following a 58-0 loss.

This was the fate that faced Ken Whisenhunt, who had the unenviable task of explaining how his Arizona Cardinals were beaten by the Seattle Seahawks in such devastating fashion Sunday.

"Let me start by saying I apologize to our fans and everybody associated with our organization," Whisenhunt told reporters, via the Cardinals' official website. "That was embarrassing today."

Whisenhunt didn't suffer this indignity alone. Everett Herald reporter John Boyle got a hold of a quote sheet distributed by the Cardinals, taking special note of the first line attributed to quarterback John Skelton.

"### kicking."

In retrospect, it's almost remarkable the Cardinals won their first four games of the season. They've lost the nine that followed, a streak of futility that might very well cost Whisenhunt his job. Whisenhunt said the Cardinals haven't had any talks with him at this time.

"We all know what this business is, and I'm not worried about job security," Whisenhunt said. "I know how we prepare and work, and that is all I can worry about."

In a nice bit of gallows humor, a reporter asked Whisenhunt who will start at quarterback next week against the Detroit Lions.

Replied the coach: "Do you play?"

Yep, that about sums it up.

I didn't get to catch last week's game, so i was wondering what others thought of Hoyer.

I have always been a big fan of him, and thought, given the right opportunity, he could make a pretty good starting QB - like a slightly watered-down Romo/Flacco mix. If provided a full offseason, I think he could build some good chemistry with Fitz - while not known for his deep ball, he makes pretty accurate moderate and short-length throws.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Hoyer is a backup NFL QB, but he shouldn't have a big issue finding a backup job this offseason and time to pick up an offense.

Wouldn't mind him back in Arizona as backup, but we've got to figure out the starting QB situation first and foremost. (Along with head coach/GM)

Cardinals elevated VP of of player personnel Steve Keim to general manager, replacing Rod Graves.Keim was chosen over Redskins exec Morrocco Brown. It's the first domino to fall in the GM landscape, leaving Falcons exec David Caldwell as the favorite in Jacksonville. Keim, in his 14th season with the Cardinals, had also interviewed with the Chargers. After beginning as a regional scout, Keim has coordinated the college and pro scouting departments and assisted Graves in contract negotiations. In addition to finding a new head coach, Keim's most pressing task will be fixing Graves' mess at quarterback and the offensive line. Fortunately Keim is viewed as a stronger talent evaluator than his predecessor
Will be interesting if they retain Horton to be HC. Every other HC candidate to date has been an offensive mind.

Cardinals elevated VP of of player personnel Steve Keim to general manager, replacing Rod Graves.Keim was chosen over Redskins exec Morrocco Brown. It's the first domino to fall in the GM landscape, leaving Falcons exec David Caldwell as the favorite in Jacksonville. Keim, in his 14th season with the Cardinals, had also interviewed with the Chargers. After beginning as a regional scout, Keim has coordinated the college and pro scouting departments and assisted Graves in contract negotiations. In addition to finding a new head coach, Keim's most pressing task will be fixing Graves' mess at quarterback and the offensive line. Fortunately Keim is viewed as a stronger talent evaluator than his predecessor
Will be interesting if they retain Horton to be HC. Every other HC candidate to date has been an offensive mind.
I think they should. Horton has the respect of the team, he's earned the right to be the HC. If they go with an offensive mind Horton is only here for this year, would really suck to lose him. We just got done with an offensive coach. That worked out well when he didn't have a HOFer running the show.

Cardinals reportedly won't overpay for Carson Palmer

By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer

The Arizona Cardinals have some interest in Carson Palmer, but they're not about to repeat the ill-fated decisions that led to landing Kevin Kolb two offseasons ago.

Kent Somers of The Arizona Republic reported Saturday that the Cardinals will deal for Palmer "only if it doesn't cost them much," according to sources. The Cardinals are looking to swap late-round draft picks with the Oakland Raiders, "possibly conditional on how, or if, Palmer plays," Somers noted.

That lines up with what NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Friday, saying the Cardinals are "doing their homework" on Palmer. Cardinals coach Bruce Arians likes Palmer's ability to get the ball downfield, but only if he's willing to play for drastically less than his unwieldy $13 million salary for 2013.

Rapoport noted Friday that Palmer also has generated interest from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, while USA Today reported the 33-year-old passer might be willing to bypass a starting role to play behind Colin Kaepernick with the San Francisco 49ers.

We're a few steps away from any of this becoming reality. The Raiders currently are trying to seal up a trade with the Seattle Seahawks for Matt Flynn, but that crossed into Saturday in a holding pattern.

Somers believes that losing Palmer to another suitor "probably wouldn't break the Cardinals' hearts," because he's not the long-term answer in Arizona -- or any city.

The Cardinals parted with cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, a second-round draft pick and ultimately $20.5 million to secure Kolb in 2011. Any trade for Palmer will come with a lower cost -- and a lot less fanfare.

"I think that is a great pick. I really do. You plug him in inside, your offensive line is better, your run game is better. I think this team just got better with the drafting of Jonathan Cooper." -- Mike Mayock

"I think that is a great pick. I really do. You plug him in inside, your offensive line is better, your run game is better. I think this team just got better with the drafting of Jonathan Cooper." -- Mike Mayock
Best guard in the draft, hands down. Could be a future pro-bowler, nice to see the Cards finally adding a solid linemen.

Round 2, Pick 13 (45) (From Chargers) Kevin Minter ILB 6'0" 246 LSU Grade:

Pick Analysis: "Darryl Washington's got a four-game suspension. It's a natural need for Arizona. Kevin Minter, for me, is a solid player with a passion for the game, and you can't change his height. He's a short inside linebacker. He's going to get beat up down the seam a little bit by tight ends in the pass game, but if you want to talk about a two-down thumper that understands the run game and is a secure tackler, that's who he is." -- Mike Mayock

Pick Analysis: "There's a risk-reward scenario here. What a great opprotunity for this young man. He's going to have a chance to go and use Patrick Peterson as a mentor. There's not a whole lot of cornerbacks there, and I smell opportunity for Tyrann Mathieu." -- Mike Mayock
Is that opportunity that you are smelling Mayock, or is it something else?

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2013/04/25/nfl-draft-arizona-cardinals-bruce-arians-larry-fitzgerald-luck/

What could be a wild NFL Draft begins with the first round tonight. It seems to be a very unpredictable draft, and the class has faced some criticism for not being all that powerful. First-year Arizona coach Bruce Arians admits it doesn’t have the wow factor when it comes to quarterbacks and running backs, but says there’s wow in the linemen and safeties.

Bruce Arians joined 790 The Zone in Atlanta with Mayhem in the AM to discuss being a first-year head coach, turning around the Arizona Cardinals, his assessment of this year’s draft, the need for Larry Fitzgerald to rebound, just how good Andrew Luck can be and the Cardinals having the seventh overall pick.

After waiting so long for a head-coaching job, how sweet is it?:

“It’s hard to put in words. I never thought this was going to happen. But the experience of last year led to this. And I’m really excited about it. It’s a dream come true. I’m really excited about our staff and our football team.”

How do you turn a team around?:

“Well, this franchise was just in the Super Bowl four years ago. It’s not that far removed from winning a division. We’ve beaten those two teams — Seattle kind of turned it around. One player turned that thing around in one year. I don’t think it’s as hard as it once was. Looking at what we did in Indianapolis last year, as an organization, 37 new faces and a bunch of young kids and got to the playoffs. All you’ve got to do is get in the playoffs and anything can happen.”

What’s your assessment of this draft overall, big picture?:

“I think it’s extremely solid. I think you’re looking in the fourth, fifth, sixth round and still getting guys that are quality players, potential starters for you, in this draft — especially at corner, safety and both lines of scrimmage. … The quarterbacks aren’t the wow factor in this draft, and maybe the running backs, but, boy, the big guys and the pass-rushers and the safeties, it is a wow draft.”

Sooner or later defenses adjust to new wrinkles like the zone read, do they not?:

“There’s no doubt. Every coordinators out there studying it, inside and out, whether they’re going back to college friends or brought people in to see what you do to stop it. The old saying is, ‘There ain’t no horse that can’t be rode, no rider that can’t be throwed.’ It’s the same with this stuff.”

On Larry Fitzgerald:

“It was a down year, and it’s nice to see him on a mission right now to get back to where he was, and rightfully so. He’s a premier player and we need to have him back up over 100 catches and 10-15 touchdowns.”

How good do you think Andrew Luck can be?:

“I think he can be the best there’s ever been if the team around him can support him. … I’ve had Peyton Manning his rookie year, Ben his rookie year, Tim Couch his third year, and he’s a combination of all those guys. The sky’s the limit for him athletically and mentally. He’s a gifted passer, and it’s just a matter of how many pieces can they keep around him to keep winning?”

Have you heard from teams who want your first-round pick?:

“No one’s called me. … We’re willing to move up, move down or pick in that slot. There’s seven good players there and we know we’re getting one.”

Best guard in the draft, hands down. Could be a future pro-bowler, nice to see the Cards finally adding a solid linemen.
u sure about that guy what about Chance Warmack... Don't think it's hand's down, I actually think Warmack is better and more talented sorry pal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000169433/article/2013-nfl-draft-fallout-arizona-cardinals

2013 NFL Draft Fallout: Arizona Cardinals

By Chris Wesseling

Around the League Writer

The 2013 NFL Draft transformed 32 NFL rosters. Around The League will examine the aftershocks in our Draft Fallout series. Next up: The Arizona Cardinals.

The Big Question: Is the offensive line suddenly adequate?The Cardinals allowed 113 sacks the past two seasons, more than any NFL team over that span. Those numbers will go down this season just by the sheer absence of Kevin Kolb, third among active quarterbacks in career sack percentage.

New quarterback Carson Palmer also can count on marked improvement in pass protection. Levi Brown returns to guard Palmer's blindside after missing the entire 2012 season with a torn triceps. Although 2012 fourth-rounder Bobby Massie struggled out of the gates as a rookie starter, he was one of the better pass-blocking right tackles in the league over the final two months last season.

Veteran left guard Daryn Colledge was the lone bright spot on the Cardinals' offensive line last year. Now he's joined by No. 7 overall pick Jonathan Cooper, deemed the most athletic guard NFL Films senior producer Greg Cosell has seen since he began studying college tape more than a decade ago. Intriguing fourth-rounder Earl Watford could be a candidate to kick inside to center and put the heat on veteran Lyle Sendlein.

The Cardinals might only graduate to mediocrity up front, but it's still enough to make them one of the most improved units in the league this season.

Three takeaways
1. With injury-prone veterans Rashard Mendenhall and Ryan Williams atop the tailback depth chart, fifth- and sixth-rounders Stepfan Taylor and Andre Ellington could force their way into significant roles as rookies. The Cardinals will have to run the ball effectively to take advantage of Bruce Arians' play-action heavy vertical passing attack.

2. The Cardinals might have gotten a steal in sixth-rounder Ryan Swope, who has drawn comparisons to Eric Decker and Brandon Stokley as a versatile, highly productive wide receiver with the speed to blaze a 4.34 second 40-yard dash and 1.47 10-yard split at the NFL Scouting Combine. NFL Network's Mike Mayock had a third-round grade on Swope, but the Texas A&M star dropped due to multiple college concussions.

3. Inside linebacker Kevin Minter, safety/cornerback Tyrann Mathieu and outside linebacker Alex Okafor will push for snaps right off the bat. Minter is the favorite to start next to Karlos Dansby with Daryl Washington facing at least a four-game suspension. Mathieu's play-making ability should transfer well to free safety. Okafor provides a much-needed edge rush behind the questionable duo of Sam Acho and O'Brien Schofield.

Follow Chris Wesseling on Twitter @ChrisWesseling.

VIDEO: 29-year-old rookie Robert Gill runs 25 mph on treadmillBy Mike Singer | CBSSports.com
June 27, 2013 5:07 pm ET

When you're a 29-year-old rookie -- the oldest in the NFL -- trying to make a team's roster, you have to sell your assets any way that you can.

That's why Arizona undrafted wideout Robert Gill from Texas State -- San Marcos is pulling stunts like this one. The former track star-turned-NFL player ran at 25 mph on a treadmill -- from a standing start.

He's also been clocked at 4.19 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

For a little perspective, let's turn to PlanetScience.com, which calculated Usain Bolt's average speed over his world-record setting 9.58-second, 100-meter sprint in 2009.

Bolt's average speed was 23.35 mph, but his maximum speed was clocked at 27.44 mph.

By any measure, Gill can fly. Given Arizona's anemic offense last season, coach Bruce Arians would likely do well to keep the rook around.

(H/T NextImpulseSports.com)

Ryan Swope, Cards rookie, retires due to concussionsTexas A&M wide receiver Ryan Swope fell to the sixth round of the 2013 NFL Draft because of concerns about his concussion history in college. Those concussions have sadly ended Swope's career before it started.

The Arizona Cardinals announced Thursday that Swope was placed on the reserve/retired list. CoachBruce Arians admitted in June that the team didn't expect Swope concussion issues to linger into the offseason. NFL Network's Mike Mayock said during the draft that Swope suffered four concussions in college, and he suffered a setback after joining the Cardinals.

The evolution of the NFL:Take a look at how the NFL has evolved from its humble roots, and the efforts being made to ensure it continues to grow.

"We knew Ryan has a concussion history in college and understood that it could possibly be an issue," saidCardinals general manager Steve Keim in a statement. "But weighing all the elements - the medical information available, the particular position in the draft - it was a decision we were comfortable making. As it turned out, he had a setback after he got here. Over the course of the subsequent evaluations, we all decided that Ryanâs long-term well-being was the number-one priority and this was the best course to take."

As we learned when Jahvid Best retired recently, it's a new era in the NFL. Teams and doctors are being more cautious than ever with concussions, and that is a great thing. Even if it's a devastating development for Swope.

It was a busy day for the Cardinals, who signed tackle Eric Winston and defensive end John Abraham. They also announced the surprising release of O'Brien Schofield, a starter at outside linebacker last season.

Went out to the Cardinals camp opener today.

Nothing real exciting to report. Carson is a definite work in progress here. Definitely didn't look comfortable and confident in the offense. Cringe worthy when he didn't get 1st read and had to move out of the pocket. Physically he's still got plenty of juice in the arm.

Probably already known by most, but Mendenhall was 1, Ryan Williams was 2 and Stephan Taylor looked to be 3. Taylor looked much more explosive than I thought he'd be. Name to keep an eye on given Mendenhall's a 1 year deal and Williams hasn't shown much on the football field in 3 years.

Floyd is the definite guy opposite Fitzgerald. Guy has tremendous body control and is a huge target. Wasn't a huge fan of his selection last year, but he's gonna have a real solid year if Palmer stays upright.

Only paid a little attention to Housler. I think he and Roberts could end with similar stats. I'd put the Cardinals pecking order at receiver as:

1) Fitz

2) Floyd

3a) Housler

3b) Roberts

Roberts is a solid NFL receiver, but Fitz/Floyd are at another level talent wise. More praise for Fitz/Floyd than it is a slight on Roberts. Roberts has made great strides since his rookie year in camp where the guy couldn't catch a cold. Possible he could start elsewhere. I think he can be a fine slot/change of pace WR for the Cards. I actually think he's a more refined WR than anything Carson was throwing to in Oakland last season.

Won't be able to make it back out there til Aug 2, but should be out there daily afterafter. Imagine will get to see more 11-on-11 than we did today.

• Smile
Reactions: EBF
Hoping one of the locals can help me out here...

Arizona's defense was very very good last year, undone only by the ineptness of the offense. And coaches/everyone are raving about Mathieu. Is there any reason to think the D won't actually be better this year (independent of the offense)?

Last year the offense was a trainwreck due to a combination of poor QB, no RBs and a horrific o-line.

But now the team added an average NFL #1 at QB and an average(ish) NFL #1 at RB. On a team with a good defense and a good o-line these guys are more than solid enough to win a lot of games.

Which leaves the o-line. I know they drafted Cooper and signed Winston, but who is actually starting this year and how do they compare to the starters last year? Is it just a case of replacing bums with more bums?

cards practice notes (they just finished up a short practice)

mendenhall starter. alphonso smith running 2nd and stephan Taylor running 3rd. all 3 saw 1st team snaps. appear they were limiting mendenhall. i really wouldnt chase this position (not that i probably needed to tell you that)

Patrick Peterson is the best deep threat at receiver on this team and it isn't close. arian's comment that he could be a top 5 wr isn't insane. his closing speed is just unreal. i don't play IDP but peterson is w/o question is going to see time on offense (reverses/reverse passes/and deep throws).

honey got toasted deep in slot corner coverage but he's unquestionably going to be a versatile big time player if he stays clean.

offense is work in progress. glaring lack of speed (which is why peterson will see some limited snaps)

*posting on phone so forgive the grammatical errors :)

if tavon austin is a smaller percy harvin, peterson is a bigger harvin...

other than the size difference, if you changed uniforms, it would be hard to tell them apart, very similar explosiveness and athleticism...

peterson clocked a mid-4.3 at 220 lbs... How many WRs could do that?

size/speed specimens like calvin, demaryius and julio reportedly capable of sub-4.4s are among top handful at their position in the league... peterson doesn't have their length, but arguably superior speed/quickness profile... he broke several NFL records as rookie returner, and has the ability to become one of best ever if team were to prioritize it...

* peterson's 2013 NFL top 100 entry...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrLokEDxuTQ

there is a precedent here... not sure, but i think while at LSU peterson may have seen among most snaps on offensive side of the ball for a defensive star since charles woodson?

Meant to add to my prior notes:

It's not too far fetched that if Ryan Williams doesn't suit up soon he's not going to make the team. If he doesn't (and still makes the team), it's probably because one of Mendenhall/Alphonso Smith/Stephan Taylor went down to injury. As a Virginia Tech alum, I think Arians really wanted to see that Ryan Williams. Sadly I think that guy is long gone.

Peterson looked like a natural tracking 2 long TD passes today. You'd have thought Palmer overthrew him on both occasions but Peterson would turn on the jets and get to them.

A fantsay note on Housler: I don't forsee him making a being a 'big breakout' candidate in 2013. I think he's going to be on the sideline (or called in to block) more than people will like. Could he improve on 2012 #s? Sure. Even if Miller/Pitta/Hernandez down, I'd be very surprised if he were a TE1.

It's not too far fetched that if Ryan Williams doesn't suit up soon he's not going to make the team. If he doesn't (and still makes the team), it's probably because one of Mendenhall/Alphonso Smith/Stephan Taylor went down to injury. As a Virginia Tech alum, I think Arians really wanted to see that Ryan Williams. Sadly I think that guy is long gone.

Peterson looked like a natural tracking 2 long TD passes today. You'd have thought Palmer overthrew him on both occasions but Peterson would turn on the jets and get to them.

A fantsay note on Housler: I don't forsee him making a being a 'big breakout' candidate in 2013. I think he's going to be on the sideline (or called in to block) more than people will like. Could he improve on 2012 #s? Sure. Even if Miller/Pitta/Hernandez down, I'd be very surprised if he were a TE1.
How'd that O line look?

FBGs answer my Q for me:

Arizona Cardinals: The Cardinals are upgraded by signing free agent Eric Winston. Winston immediately claimed the right tackle position, previously manned by Bobby Massie. Winston is a huge improvement over Massie, at least in the near term. Meanwhile Nate Potter appears to be seriously pushing Levi Brown at left tackle, and this competition bears further observation. On the interior, Jonathan Cooper has the left guard job and Paul Fanaika has been capably stepping in for the injured Daryn Colledge. Rookie Earl Watford also provides interesting depth at several positions. Overall this line has more quality players than last season and should be average, after being awful.
Cards are going to be a surprise this year IMO.

How'd that O line look?
Short practice on that day, but the pass blocking is giving Carson time. Imagine they'll still have some woes during the season (facing SF/Sea/STL).

Run blocking leaves much to be desired & there's not high caliber talent in their backfield (they'll get what's blocked but not much more). Wouldn't draft any of their backs (Mendenhall) more than a RB3.

Athletically I agree 100% with the Deion comparison. Not to mention he's got 25+ pounds on Deion. It's just insane watching how gifted this guy is. Gotten better each year he's been here. Completely another level (or two or three) athletically from everyone else on the Cardinals. Scary to think how much this guy is going to get paid. Would be stunned if it weren't richest deal for a DB in NFL history.

Cardinals GM Steve Keim compares RCB Patrick Peterson to Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders.
"I've never been a part of a team with a more valuable defensive player," Keim raved. "Then you consider the guy can really help you in three phases of the game — defense, special teams and now as a receiver. He is one of a kind." Peterson has been taking regular snaps on offense this summer. Peterson's game doesn't quite yet match his reputation on defense, but that could change this season.

Source: Sports Illustrated

Goes along with what I've seen throughout camp. I'd be very very surprised if Housler was a breakout guy with Fitz/Floyd/Roberts healthy. Not to say he isn't a solid receiving option. I just don't view him as superior to the 3 aforementioned. (And I don't see him as the primary (pretty much lone) benefactor like Brandon Myers was in catch up mode). Rotoworld's #17 ranking is probably fair. Even with many TE injuries, not someone I'd want to hang my hat on for fantasy.

Cardinals TE Rob Housler dropped his lone target in Saturday's preseason game against the Cowboys, and has zero catches through two exhibition tilts.
Housler created buzz all offseason, but has had a quiet camp. We're still extremely high on his talent, but coach Bruce Arians has a checkered history with tight ends. Housler is Rotoworld's No. 17 tight end.

Source: Arizona Republic
Aug 19 - 10:12 AM

Ryan Williams out for the 3rd preseason game. Only way he's got a prayer of making the 53 is if Mendenhall, Taylor or Smith goes down IMO.

I'm sure someone will give him a shot, but very fair to wonder if he's done.

I'm bumping Mendenhall a bit. IMO Arian's means to ride him as far as the offense will let him.

If the ARI RB's get around 400 touches I think Mendenhall will have 300 of them. Relatively lower value than on some other teams (fewer yards, catches and maybe fewer TDs), but still good enough for a RB 21-23 finish.

Father kicked out of Cardinals game after asking son to hold beer

By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

August 24, 2013 10:39 am ET

For John Coulter, last Saturday's Cowboys-Cardinals preseason game started off innocently enough. He and his 15-year-old son were in the stands at University of Phoenix Stadium, and the plan was simple: Have fun and enjoy the afternoon. That included taking some photos to commemorate the occasion.

But things took a turn for the worse when Coulter asked his son to hold his beer while he snapped some pictures. A few seconds later, undercover officers with the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control showed up and informed Coulter that serving alcohol to a minor is not only illegal but he could be arrested for it. Coulter and his son were then escorted from the stadium and served a citation for trespassing.

"I thought it was a candid camera joke, I really did,” Coulter told USATODAY.com. “We just watched the opening kickoff and I wanted to take a quick picture. I literally handed my son my cup and said hold my cup, I reached into my pocket, grabbed my cell phone, put it on camera mode and took a picture.”

Coulter says he tried to explain the situation to the officers but to no avail.

"I normally would support the police if I heard a story like this," he said. "However, in this case, I was standing right there and witnessed abuse and overzealous pursuing of this situation. It was totally uncalled for."

But according to a report released by the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control (via the New York Daily News), Coulter was verbally abusive when acknowledging the responding officers, saying, "Who the f--- are you?" and "You just made a big f------ mistake, buddy, you don't know who I am!"

"I see you have your little f------ badge," Coulter said, according to the report, before adding, "And I see that you're wearing your cute little Marine Corps shirt, too."

Sgt. Wesley Kuhl of the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control told USAToday.com why Coulter was approached.

"Providing alcohol to an underage person or an underage person in possession of alcohol is a Class 1 misdemeanor," he said. "The consequences could be up to, and this is a maximum, of two years in jail, $2,500 fine and three years probation."

Officers stated in the report that while they didn't witness Coulter's son drink alcohol, Coulter's confrontational behavior prevented them from asking him any questions. Ultimately, it led the officers to remove the father and the son from the stadium because there were concerns that Coulter could become "physically aggressive."

"This is bulls---," Coulter yelled as he was led out of the stadium, according to the report.

"I did not know if Mr. Coulter was intoxicated or just very aggressive and agitated during our conflict," Investigator K. Turner wrote in the report, "but his actions [were] disorderly."

The lesson: Don't be a jerk, especially to guys carrying firearms. Also, adult beverages are for adults, even if the intentions are noble. And if you need both hands, cup holders -- there's one on every seat -- are there for your convenience.

Patrick Peterson's role in Cardinals' offense expandsBy Kevin Patra NFL.com

Published: Aug. 23, 2013 at 07:25 p.m.

Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson's offensive participation has been a fascinating side story in the offseason.

He's been touted as a top-five NFL wide receiver by his coach, Bruce Arians, and compared to Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders by general manager Steve Keim.

Even Peterson is surprised by his expanded role in the Cardinals' offense. He started with a 15-play package, which, according to the cornerback, has exploded.

"(Arians) told me he was going to give me a share of plays on the offensive side," Peterson said Thursday, per ArizonaSports.com. "I didn't know it was going to be this many. I think now we're up to 60 plays."

Peterson mostly has been a decoy in the first two preseason games, but it sounds like Arians just doesn't want to put his secret weapon on tape.

Sixty plays sounds like a hefty load for a defensive player, but Peterson said it's actually helped him at his full-time position.

"It's definitely an advantage, learning the route combinations, the stems, the alignment, where guys want to line up to plant to run certain routes," he said. "It's definitely huge for me to be learning that as well as going out there trying to defend it."

The "Around The League Podcast" is now available on iTunes! Click here to listen and subscribe.

Who do you guys see being Mendenhall's backup if Williams is cut?

Users who are viewing this thread