What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (2 Viewers)

BoltBacker said:
C & C said:
NutterButter said:
Penguin said:
240 orders placed in 2013
Well done
So you average an order from amazon every 27 hours :o
The latest promotions give you a discount by subscribing to common household products(like paper towels, laundry detergent, etc) so they are automatically ordered for you in a time frame that works for how often you use the product and typically run out. If you have a bunch of those products being sent to your front door automatically so you don't have to go out in the real world and shop for them I can definitely see people with that many purchases in less than a year.

Theoretically, they should be able to give you a much better price than all the overhead involved in a traditional retail store(unless you are one of those super-coupon people). Even if it wasn't cheaper I think I'd pay for the convenience of having items I need appear on my front doorstep.
I actually just signed up for Subscribe & Save. If you have 5 items (multi-packs count as one) in any given shipping cycle, you get another 15% off. You can also change your shipping cycle on an item (or just suspend it for a cycle) at any time.

BoltBacker said:
C & C said:
NutterButter said:
Penguin said:
Well done
The latest promotions give you a discount by subscribing to common household products(like paper towels, laundry detergent, etc) so they are automatically ordered for you in a time frame that works for how often you use the product and typically run out. If you have a bunch of those products being sent to your front door automatically so you don't have to go out in the real world and shop for them I can definitely see people with that many purchases in less than a year.

Theoretically, they should be able to give you a much better price than all the overhead involved in a traditional retail store(unless you are one of those super-coupon people). Even if it wasn't cheaper I think I'd pay for the convenience of having items I need appear on my front doorstep.
I do this for all stuff we use regularly, baby stuff is the big user(diapers, wipes, formula,etc)

saves us a lot of money

Well done

I do this for all stuff we use regularly, baby stuff is the big user(diapers, wipes, formula,etc)

saves us a lot of money
:moneybag: surprised more people don't do this...oh well more for me

sig.jpg

For the first time ever, Amazon has missed a guaranteed delivery date for me. The end is near.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never had Amazon Prime. Never needed it. Smaller items take longer to deliver than others from my experience. Ordered a tv on the 28th of November. Delivery date was December 11th... initially. It was delivered yesterday. I'm good.

Never had Amazon Prime. Never needed it. Smaller items take longer to deliver than others from my experience. Ordered a tv on the 28th of November. Delivery date was December 11th... initially. It was delivered yesterday. I'm good.
Like the Smart Phone cover I ordered Friday at 3:30pm and rec'd Saturday at 9am? Deliver cost was $9.95 and delivery would have been free if I wanted to wait until Tuesday.

Like the Smart Phone cover I ordered Friday at 3:30pm and rec'd Saturday at 9am? Deliver cost was $9.95 and delivery would have been free if I wanted to wait until Tuesday.
Free delivery for me.

Everything is good here. The chat rep went from saying it might be UPS' fault to saying it definitely was a carrier issue. UPS chat is not available so I can't get their side of the story until tomorrow.

Free delivery for me.
15 1/2 hours after you ordered?

For the first time ever, Amazon has missed a guaranteed delivery date for me. The end is near.
Oddly the exact same thing happened to me today. Does seem like UPS fault though since the items are sitting in the warehouse by my house and for some reason just didn't get delivered

Are the prices for grocery items really much cheaper than shopping in RL? I find it hard to believe that paper towels & stuff like that are cheaper than at Sam's Club.

Free delivery for me.
15 1/2 hours after you ordered?
Nov 28, 29, 30, Dec 1, 2 and 3 was delivery. Over the holiday weekend too.

We've been getting deliveries from them lately on Sundays. I was all :unsure: when that happened.

I didn't learn my lesson. Just ordered something else.
A few years ago I ordered 2 digital frames for my siblings for Xmas. I did it within the time for delivery the week before Xmas. My date came and went and then on dec 22 I got an email that the product was no longer available. They credited my account, but did nothing else for me. I was really upset and boycotted amazon for over a year. Now, I'm back on there constantly. It's just too convenient.

East Coast Bias said:
Everything is good here. The chat rep went from saying it might be UPS' fault to saying it definitely was a carrier issue. UPS chat is not available so I can't get their side of the story until tomorrow.
UPS says its not their fault. Who do I believe?

East Coast Bias said:
UPS says its not their fault. Who do I believe?
It's prolly UPS's fault. From working closely with them...I've learned:

a) their trucks are packed to the gills. Stuff falls around....a box gets out of place and it doesn't get delievered.

b) their drivers are Federally regulated to stop at a certain time and are required to take a certain amount of time off of the road (8 hours I believe). This is limiting their manpower.

c) they've based their employee allocation resources and their delievery mapping on what happened two years ago. So they have very much underestimated the volume of packages.

d) Amazon Prime is killing them as it allows any jabroni to order things whenever they want and not have to worry about lumping all the items together in one package for delievery.

Otis said:
We've been getting deliveries from them lately on Sundays. I was all :unsure: when that happened.
John Bender said:
Been getting deliveries in 1 day lately. Ordered some. New razors Friday at 1 pm. Delivered Saturday at 5. :jawdrop:
New sort center in New Jersey doing some cool things

b) their drivers are Federally regulated to stop at a certain time and are required to take a certain amount of time off of the road (8 hours I believe). This is limiting their manpower.
I don't think this is true unless something has changed. I worked there as a seasonal driver's helper a long time ago and they work over 8 hours during the X-Mas season. They get paid double time or something according to union rules. Between all the overtime and tips, they get $$$$$ during this time of year.

I don't think this is true unless something has changed. I worked there as a seasonal driver's helper a long time ago and they work over 8 hours during the X-Mas season. They get paid double time or something according to union rules. Between all the overtime and tips, they get $$$$$ during this time of year.
It's a new DOT rule as of July. Drivers are forced to take a 30 minute break after 8 hours of driving. Most of the impact is on over the road drivers as a 30 minute break can take 90 minutes to actually execute.

That said, this is not what is causing their issues right now. It's more of the planning to the past instead of anticipating what is going to happen

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon is awesome and prime is worth it.
+1

I haven't met a company that is 100% reliable, but Amazon comes the closest. I also did fine without Prime, but now have come to love it. Before Prime, I'd agonize if something cost $21 trying to figure out how to finagle an extra $4 purchase to get the free shipping. Now I just click and buy with nary a worry. The difference between 2 days delivery and 5 days also doesn't mean that much, but it's just nicer/better to have it in your possession sooner than later. I was skeptical on Prime as I'm a cheap@$$ but I think it's worth it.

+1

I haven't met a company that is 100% reliable, but Amazon comes the closest. I also did fine without Prime, but now have come to love it. Before Prime, I'd agonize if something cost $21 trying to figure out how to finagle an extra $4 purchase to get the free shipping. Now I just click and buy with nary a worry. The difference between 2 days delivery and 5 days also doesn't mean that much, but it's just nicer/better to have it in your possession sooner than later. I was skeptical on Prime as I'm a cheap### but I think it's worth it.
I agree that Amazon Prime is worth it but their guaranteed delivery is an empty guarantee. They just blame the carrier. They did offer to put a note in my account so my packages won't be late again.

+1

I haven't met a company that is 100% reliable, but Amazon comes the closest. I also did fine without Prime, but now have come to love it. Before Prime, I'd agonize if something cost $21 trying to figure out how to finagle an extra $4 purchase to get the free shipping. Now I just click and buy with nary a worry. The difference between 2 days delivery and 5 days also doesn't mean that much, but it's just nicer/better to have it in your possession sooner than later. I was skeptical on Prime as I'm a cheap### but I think it's worth it.
I agree that Amazon Prime is worth it but their guaranteed delivery is an empty guarantee. They just blame the carrier. They did offer to put a note in my account so my packages won't be late again.
The guarantee is on your trust that they will do it. Nothing in operations and transportation gets more scrutiny than the success rate (99%+ or heads roll) of hitting that guarantee

+1

This, and the video service is about the best "Oh and by the way you also get this" add-on of all time.

+1

This, and the video service is about the best "Oh and by the way you also get this" add-on of all time.
And don't forget the free Kindle book a month! They may not always be the best options, but they are free.

I'm sorry...it's not that they can't work over 8....it's like a Teamsters/Trucker law that if they work/drive over a certain amount (say like 12 hours) they can't drive for something like 8 hours.

I missed out on the Kindle Fire HDX that went for $50 off on cyber monday. I want one but suppose I'll wait for another sale. Don't want to pay $229 for the 7" fire.

I also like the Amazon deals that give you a $25 or $50 gift card for the purchase of something else. I'll do that then get the Kindle when it gets back down to $179.

+1

I had an item take 4 days and really didn't think anything of it until I received one of those share your shipping feedback emails. I went ahead and replied with the info. Not sure if it coincides or not, but I've noticed that at least some of my recent purchases have been delivered by someone in plain clothes in a personal passenger vehicle (and I am typically getting the stuff very early on the second day).

Earlier this year I got an email from Amazon letting me know they put every cd I've bought from them in their cloud service and I can stream it or download it using their free app. Thousands of songs. At no cost to me. Stuff I haven't listened to for years, cds I lost or bought as gifts. Brewing beer in my garage this weekend I had great music streaming through the ipad. We've been prime for almost 10 years now. I love you amazon.

+1

:goodposting:

Otis said:
John Bender said:
Been getting deliveries in 1 day lately. Ordered some. New razors Friday at 1 pm. Delivered Saturday at 5. :jawdrop:
New sort center in New Jersey doing some cool things
We get that in SoCal too when they ship it from LA
2 new buildings doing that - one in NJ, one in SoCal. Will be about 40 more over the next year or two

Users who are viewing this thread