What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (2 Viewers)

Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
"Alexa, Bedroom lights 10%" --- they dim or power on to 10% power

"Alexa, Bedroom lights RED"  -- yeah.. they turn red (with the hue bulbs)

I have a trigger that turns off all the main lights in the house: "Alexa, trigger good night" - boom its dark
This. 

"Trigger good night" in my house turns off all the lights, locks the doors if they aren't locked, and closed the garage door if it's open. 

:wizard:

Everything I bought on Prime Day even not "Prime Day deals"  aren't coming till next week.  Two day delivery seems rare these days.

Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
"Alexa, Bedroom lights 10%" --- they dim or power on to 10% power

"Alexa, Bedroom lights RED"  -- yeah.. they turn red (with the hue bulbs)

I have a trigger that turns off all the main lights in the house: "Alexa, trigger good night" - boom its dark
What kind of security do you have on your network to protect yourself from someone hacking your home automation?

Everything I bought on Prime Day even not "Prime Day deals"  aren't coming till next week.  Two day delivery seems rare these days.
Was it specified to be next day or second day? If it was, tell them! I have mentioned it a couple times and received some $$$ for it.

Wow - I got 3 things yesterday.  One comes today, and the last 2 tomorrow.  The only thing that's later is something I got wait-listed on and is supposed to ship in early August.

I do agree that it seems like shipping has gotten slower over the last few months.  I used to get stuff next-day all the time.  Now rarely.

Is this a 1-time $5 thing or $5 every time you go with slower shipping?
Yeah depends.  I don't think you can apply more than 1 to a pantry order though and need to make sure you get the right stuff to qualify for free shipping but if I'm not in a rush for an item I'll take it

No. Hence random stories of people getting stuff ordered because something on the TV used the magic words (or close enough that Alexa thought they were said). 
I'm waiting for stories of people getting robbed when people yell "Alexis, unlock front door"

I'm waiting for stories of people getting robbed when people yell "Alexis, unlock front door"
What do people that have an actual Alexis in the house do?  Is there an alternative name you can use?

I ordered the Dot yesterday, should arrive today.  I'm interested to see how much we actually use the thing.

What do people that have an actual Alexis in the house do?  Is there an alternative name you can use?

I ordered the Dot yesterday, should arrive today.  I'm interested to see how much we actually use the thing.

SFBayDuck said:

I don't own one, but asked a buddy that has one this very question a few weeks ago.  He said you can change the name from Alexa. 

there is a limited number of names for 'Alexa' now but i hope that changes. 

What you can do though is change the name of your triggers....so instead of front door, you can set it to be "Alexa unlock 'the bat cave'"
Hadn't thought of that.  That, combined with the voice profiles thing discussed above - does that mean I can have a locked room that say only my wife or I could enter (my son couldn't when he's old enough)?  Like maybe a closet where guns and other things he shouldn't be around are stored, or even the liquor cabinet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hadn't thought of that.  That, combined with the voice profiles thing discussed above - does that mean I can have a locked room that say only my wife or I could enter (my son couldn't when he's old enough)?  Like maybe a closet where guns and other things he shouldn't be around are stored, or even the liquor cabinet?
technically yes...but being its voice activated, all the kid needs to do is hear it once w/o you realizing it and then there can get access. So for things like guns, id still prefer a real lock. 

Or where the stretch rack and ball gags are kept...you know, whatever you wanna keep locked away from your kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey n00bs....... It's ALEXA not Alexis. :hot:  

Be forewarned - If you're watching Arsenal or Chile on TV, the announcers saying "Alexis Sanchez" will wake her up. :loco:  

Users who are viewing this thread