What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (2 Viewers)

Need a travel backpack, 17" laptop, for business trips.  Looking around $50.
Kohl's had some NICE backpacks (good padding, lots of pockets, etc.) on sale this weekend. Regular $75+ and some were less than $50. My son got an Adidas brand for school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kohl's had some NICE backpacks (good padding, lots of pockets, etc.) on sale this weekend. Regular $75+ and some were less than $50. My son got an Addidas brand for school.
I second the adidas backpacks. First time ever that backpacks lasted my boys an entire school year. Picked em up cheap at academy sports.

There was a similar (same?) As deal of the day or lightning deal yesterday or this morning for closer to $50. I have Swiss gear laptop bag and really like it.

Can someone explain Amazon Music to me like Im an idiot?

(Prime member) I installed the app it was like 46mb, downloaded over 200 songs and nothing went to the cloud, it all went locally to my phone 1.3gb. I thought this was all supposed to go to the could? Also, I can access all the songs from my computer but yet they're stored on my phone?

:wall:

Can someone explain Amazon Music to me like Im an idiot?

(Prime member) I installed the app it was like 46mb, downloaded over 200 songs and nothing went to the cloud, it all went locally to my phone 1.3gb. I thought this was all supposed to go to the could? Also, I can access all the songs from my computer but yet they're stored on my phone?

:wall:
For Prime Music, the "downloads" are so you can play on your device while the app is in "offline mode" meaning you don't have to be connected to wifi and won't use cellular data to play your downloaded music. So yes, it downloads the music to your device, but not to your phone's library of music, per se. It downloads it to the app, for accessing while in "offline mode."

Nathan R. Jessep said:
For Prime Music, the "downloads" are so you can play on your device while the app is in "offline mode" meaning you don't have to be connected to wifi and won't use cellular data to play your downloaded music. So yes, it downloads the music to your device, but not to your phone's library of music, per se. It downloads it to the app, for accessing while in "offline mode."
Thanks. Makes sense

Anybody do much Subscribe and Save?

I'm just now farting around with it (first delivery Thursday). Running to the grocery store for piddly stuff really interferes with my beer drinking time, so I'm trying to cut out as many trips as possible.

My main concern with it is that I suspect Amazon will use S&S as a chance to really bend you over on pricing knowing your probably aren't paying attention. Anybody notice that with S&S? What products do you guys like for S&S?

So far, I've got stuff like toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo, toothpaste, air filters, coffee, the Planters mixed nuts that Sam's stopped carrying, and oddly enough, Hatch chile powder on S&S. Looking to add more if it works well.

I'm just now farting around with it (first delivery Thursday). Running to the grocery store for piddly stuff really interferes with my beer drinking time, so I'm trying to cut out as many trips as possible.

My main concern with it is that I suspect Amazon will use S&S as a chance to really bend you over on pricing knowing your probably aren't paying attention. Anybody notice that with S&S? What products do you guys like for S&S?

So far, I've got stuff like toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo, toothpaste, air filters, coffee, the Planters mixed nuts that Sam's stopped carrying, and oddly enough, Hatch chile powder on S&S. Looking to add more if it works well.
Prices will definitely jump all over the place on S&S items.

Prices will definitely jump all over the place on S&S items.
That's what I figure. Hopefully, it's not too crazy. And I'm sure I'll justify it by the 15% savings, and more importantly, that it lands on my doorstep. I guess I'll just double-check the order a week or so before (whenever it's about to lock), to cancel if it's too crazy.

Dog food, bird food, fusion blades, swiffers, body wash, trash bags, fish oil, paper towels, TP....I am saving more on fusion blades, dog food and bird food combined then I pay for prime compared to what we paid at the b&m stores

i find a lot of deals through https://slickdeals.net/ where I find s&s items and then cancel after th first delivery

I use S&S. It takes some juggling to get certain items to hit your doorstep at the right times and still get the discount, but it looks like you have enough items that you can mix and match your shipments.

I spot check the pricing because, as Grove says, they can vary wildly from shipment to shipment. I don't mind if it's a little more through Amazon sometimes, because I like the convenience. They will also run out of things sometimes, so you may need to switch brands. 

Also, make sure you check how the items are packed & sold and what size you're buying. Sometimes it's not plainly marked or pictured. It only takes a few seconds to check, but I've burned myself enough to not assume size/packaging. 

Use S&S for only about five items.  I played with the schedule so all five land on the same month once a year, but I don't get enough frequently enough to get more than one max discount.  Haven't found enough items I can consistently predict when I'll need them, that actually have prices competitive to B&M.  I will have to check dog supplies though.  I didn't look at those the first time around.

S&S was/is awesome for diapers/baby wipes.  I'd like to use it more for grocery items but a lot of those have moved to pantry.  They do send an email out before the order ships and it tell you what's coming and if there were any price changes. If a price jumps I'll just cancel it for that month.

My S&S date is the 16th of every month. As of the 27th, I'm still waiting on December's order.  I know there's only so much you can expect during the Christmas delivery season, but I've bought I've pretty much had to buy everything at a store that I've been waiting for this order (paper towels a few times because I didn't want to buy a huge pack assuming the S&S order would be here soon).

I've cancelled all, but a couple of S&S items. I realize this December snafu is highly unlikely to happen in other months, but I think I'd rather just order stuff when I need it.

My S&S date is the 16th of every month. As of the 27th, I'm still waiting on December's order.  I know there's only so much you can expect during the Christmas delivery season, but I've bought I've pretty much had to buy everything at a store that I've been waiting for this order (paper towels a few times because I didn't want to buy a huge pack assuming the S&S order would be here soon).

I've cancelled all, but a couple of S&S items. I realize this December snafu is highly unlikely to happen in other months, but I think I'd rather just order stuff when I need it.
Very odd. Did you contact them?

i use s&s every month and would say 50% of the time I get my order early and 50% the scheduled day. Have never had it more than one day late

Moving our family room TV and fire stick to the basement so upgrading new TV for family room.  Getting a 4k (whatever that is).  Do I need to now get a fire TV that supports 4k, or can I just get another fire stick?

Yes I'm a moron about this stuff.

Moving our family room TV and fire stick to the basement so upgrading new TV for family room.  Getting a 4k (whatever that is).  Do I need to now get a fire TV that supports 4k, or can I just get another fire stick?

I have the Fire TV that supports 4K.  I've watched exactly ZERO programs in 4K.  To be honest, unless you're on FiOS, I don't think a lot of ISP's have the bandwidth to support it, and there's just not a lot of content out there. 

shuke said:

Your 4k tv will most likely be a smart TV and come with Amazon app preloaded (along with Netflix, Hulu, etc) I just purchased my first 4k tv and all the ones I was looking at came with those apps preloaded. Eliminates the need for a fire device.

Your 4k tv will most likely be a smart TV and come with Amazon app preloaded (along with Netflix, Hulu, etc) I just purchased my first 4k tv and all the ones I was looking at came with those apps preloaded. Eliminates the need for a fire device.
Got it, thanks.  I didn't think TVs had the Amazon app. 

Just read that Prime is adding CBS as a channel so new Star Trek should be available. Likely the only thing on CBS I would watch :shrug:  

I bought a new 55 inch 4k TV for our family room and moved our old 46 inch HD TV upstairs to our loft. I bought a fire stick for the old TV but am returning because of YouTube removal. Bought a Roku stick but still need to set up. Not going to pay for another DirecTV box for now for that TV. Just use Netflix, Amazon, YouTube. Thinking about adding Hulu. New 4k TV has all the apps including Amazon built in.

I think so for Prime members Unless I'm reading it wrong link
I read it as a charge. It says:

Amazon’s a la carte TV subscription service, Amazon Channels, just added another big name to its lineup. Today, Amazon and CBS announced that CBS’s over-the-top streaming service, CBS All Access – yes, the home to the new “Star Trek” – will now be available on Amazon Channels.

However, only the higher-priced, $9.99/month commercial-free subscription will be offered for the time being. The lower-cost, $5.99/month Limited Commercials plan will arrive in the “coming months,” CBS said.The goal with the service – which today is exclusive to Prime subscribers and Prime Video members – is to offer premium programming options as a complement to Amazon Prime Video.
It seems that it is only available to Prime Members, you just are going to have to pay for it.

The question I have is whether you will be able to view previous seasons of shows via this subscription. That may make a difference.

I added Hulu just now. At least for the 1 month trial. Any must see exclusives? Looks like I can finally watch Rick and Morty as I never got into from the start. Going to watch Runaways as I'm a Marvel geek.

I bought a new 55 inch 4k TV for our family room and moved our old 46 inch HD TV upstairs to our loft. I bought a fire stick for the old TV but am returning because of YouTube removal. Bought a Roku stick but still need to set up. Not going to pay for another DirecTV box for now for that TV. Just use Netflix, Amazon, YouTube. Thinking about adding Hulu. New 4k TV has all the apps including Amazon built in.
youtube should be back soon I thought since amazon caved and added chromecast and chromebooks back onto its marketplace

in the meantime, there's an easy workaround.   

I added Hulu just now. At least for the 1 month trial. Any must see exclusives? Looks like I can finally watch Rick and Morty as I never got into from the start. Going to watch Runaways as I'm a Marvel geek.
Not sure if they are exclusives but..

Handmaidens Tale

Fargo seasons 1 and 2

Always Sunny (12 seasons)

Legion

Taboo

xfiles season 10 (and 11?)

Future Man

Difficult People

11/22/63

Horace and Pete

Happy Endings

30 Rock (seasons 1-7)

The Shield

Just throw the Kodi equivalent on the firestick and you're good.

Now we're talking!   The little short video is awesome.
Always thought bidets seemed unsanitary but I finally took the plunge.

Bought this model during the holiday.

Wish I had bought one years ago.  Can never imagine going back.  Get annoyed when i'm not at home now when nature calls.

You just feel so much cleaner and fresh.  So much less fuss.  No incessant wiping.  Just sit there and enjoy the rinse. 

The nozzle is behind a flap and only appears when you turn the dial.  Also a rinse setting you can use before hand to clean the nozzle.  I wouldnt want to us one in a public restroom but at home it's a slam dunk.

Took me 10 minutes to install.  Comes with the one tool u will need.

Is it quiet quiet?   We can hear pretty much everything and the last thing i want to be is the guy pedaling around pissing off my neighbors
Would be difficult to make it more quiet.  Wouldn't bother you if you were working next desk over.

https://deskcycle.com

Really liking this deskcycle.  On it all the time now when on the web or watching tv.  

Really smooth and quiet.  Price is right too.

No-brainer purchase.
Questions I have on this:

I have a carpeted cube.  Would it rip up the carpet?

My desk chair is on wheels, would I be struggling to stay in play with any significant resistance?

What kind of wear and tear would this have on my chair?

I assume people would be doing a fairly low effort level on this, and the idea is something akin to a standing work station, or even a walking treadmill workstation, not a spinning class level of effort here?  I can't imagine wanting to work up some serious SWASS while at work.

Users who are viewing this thread