What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (5 Viewers)

Craziest movie I've seen in sometime on Prime: The Greasy Strangler 

Hilariously gross with gratuitous sex scenes that scream, "Did I just see that?"

Wife lasted about 6 minutes into it but I toughed it out with tears streaming down my face for the duration.

I found this on one of those sites that say, "the best movies now playing on Prime." All I can say is WOW!

Hilariously gross with gratuitous sex scenes that scream, "Did I just see that?"

Wife lasted about 6 minutes into it but I toughed it out with tears streaming down my face for the duration.

I found this on one of those sites that say, "the best movies now playing on Prime." All I can say is WOW!
Just read the description...IN!

Big Ronnie runs a disco-themed walking location tour in his town, alongside his son Big Brayden. Ronnie allows Brayden to live with him on the condition that Brayden prepares excessively greasy food for him. Ronnie is a pathological liar who fabricates stories about disco groups like the Bee Gees, as well as his supposed friendship with Michael Jackson. Brayden aspires to be a space fantasy author. Ronnie asserts that Brayden drove his mother away, though Brayden says that she left Ronnie for a man named Ricky Prickles. 

At night, Ronnie completely covers himself in grease and strangles residents of the town (becoming known as "The Greasy Strangler"), 

:lol:  went to add it to my watch list and it was already on there

Just read the description...IN!

Big Ronnie runs a disco-themed walking location tour in his town, alongside his son Big Brayden. Ronnie allows Brayden to live with him on the condition that Brayden prepares excessively greasy food for him. Ronnie is a pathological liar who fabricates stories about disco groups like the Bee Gees, as well as his supposed friendship with Michael Jackson. Brayden aspires to be a space fantasy author. Ronnie asserts that Brayden drove his mother away, though Brayden says that she left Ronnie for a man named Ricky Prickles. 

At night, Ronnie completely covers himself in grease and strangles residents of the town (becoming known as "The Greasy Strangler"), 

Reveal hidden contents
Dibs on the Ricky Prickles alias

Dibs on the Ricky Prickles alias
Best good review:

"It is less a film and more the terrifying fever dream of a stressed out stray dog living in a failing thrift store."

If you enjoyed Mr. Creosote's restaurant scene in Monty Python's The Meaning of Life then The Greasy Strangler is a must see.

Do they send you a "warning" e-mail before they hit your CC for the annual fee?

I forget when mine renews.  I might cancel.

Do they send you a "warning" e-mail before they hit your CC for the annual fee?

I forget when mine renews.  I might cancel.
You have to have reminders set up

under Your Account go to My Prime Membership and it will tell you when it renews and you can set a reminder 

Love our Prime,  but found out our account was hacked and we had 4 different monthly memberships charged to our account over 30 days. Luckily my wife caught it because there were apparently some other charges they tried that Amazon kicked back. 

Apparently this happens often because they were like no problem we will just refund all the charges back to your account. 

Love our Prime,  but found out our account was hacked and we had 4 different monthly memberships charged to our account over 30 days. Luckily my wife caught it because there were apparently some other charges they tried that Amazon kicked back. 

Apparently this happens often because they were like no problem we will just refund all the charges back to your account. 
Ya know, I've had a bunch of various complaints about amazon and prime in the last few years.  I've never had a problem with their customer service and coming to a mutually-acceptable solution. They always seem to make the customer happy. I, for one  welcome our new overlords

How does a movie like this get made?  OMG watching it now and it's horrible.   :lol:  

It was great! Is like a cross between a David Lynch movie and Tim & Eric

Last edited by a moderator:
It was great! Is like a cross between a David Lynch movie and Tim & Eric
Well, I know Lynch thoroughly but Tim & Eric were new to me. I went to their site but all of their Bedtime Stories links are broken...so I still really do not know them. But if they remind you of the Greasy Strangler then one should tread with caution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon Prime has be pretty crappy lately with delivery.  Twice now within the last couple weeks I've gotten the "on the way, but may be late" message.  Isn't one of the benefits of paying for a Prime membership the the speedy free delivery?  :angry:   The last item eventually was marked lost and a replacement had to be sent.  I guess we'll see what happens to the package that was suppose to arrive today...

I'm looking for a device that can stream Amazon Prime and internet radio stations in my office on wifi.  I have speakers wired to a receiver/amp and will plug the streaming device in using the Aux input.  I know my phone can do this, but I use my phone during the day, so would like to add a small device. I don't think any of the Amazon devices that use Alexa will work for me.  I stream music using Prime Music and Pandora, and also like to get NPR and other internet radio stations.  Any recommendations?

I'm looking for a device that can stream Amazon Prime and internet radio stations in my office on wifi.  I have speakers wired to a receiver/amp and will plug the streaming device in using the Aux input.  I know my phone can do this, but I use my phone during the day, so would like to add a small device. I don't think any of the Amazon devices that use Alexa will work for me.  I stream music using Prime Music and Pandora, and also like to get NPR and other internet radio stations.  Any recommendations?
Can you explain the bolded part?  Several of the Echo devices have Aux-Outs designed to do exactly what you're asking so I'm not sure why you think they wouldn't work for you.  I know you can play Amazon Prime Music and Pandora via them...not sure re. NPR, but I know there are skills for iHeart and TuneIn Radio as well.

Can you explain the bolded part?  Several of the Echo devices have Aux-Outs designed to do exactly what you're asking so I'm not sure why you think they wouldn't work for you.  I know you can play Amazon Prime Music and Pandora via them...not sure re. NPR, but I know there are skills for iHeart and TuneIn Radio as well.
Yep, you can use Bluetooth or the line out to an AUX input. Heck, I think you could even just listen on Bluetooth headphones without the stereo. I know you can with the Firestick but you need a monitor for that so you can make your music selections.

One other note is that I think some or all of the Echo devices act like Bluetooth speaker so you could use your phone and control the music that plays on the Echo or the speakers connected to the Echo. All in all, it should be very easy to set it up however you want. 

I stream Sirius, Amazon Prime and iHeartRadio in my home office everyday.  I just use an old cell phone that still has the 3.5mm audio jack. 

I think I need some form of interface other than voice commands.  I don't want to be speaking commands at Alexa to play my music.  My son has an Echo, and half the time I can't get it to play what I want.  Its just not conducive to a work environment to me to be shouting out commands at Alexa and getting results I don't want. I like to look at the Prime playlists and select one, select one of my Pandora stations, or play an NPR show, and don't think I can do all that using voice commands.

Amazon Prime has be pretty crappy lately with delivery.  Twice now within the last couple weeks I've gotten the "on the way, but may be late" message.  Isn't one of the benefits of paying for a Prime membership the the speedy free delivery?  :angry:   The last item eventually was marked lost and a replacement had to be sent.  I guess we'll see what happens to the package that was suppose to arrive today...
Same thing has happened to me twice in the last week. 

Someone gave me an Amazon Echo for Christmas in 2017 and I still have not used it yet.  Now I’m glad I did not.

Link
Lol. I don’t believe it. In the article it mentions that they asked him for access to the logs so I assume he didn’t give it out. You can customize the name and I’d assume that’s what he did and it’s Amazon so the paper will run with it regardless. 

That cannot be real. :lol: unless he got a disgruntled customer service rep. I guess they'd have access to change settings on your account. 
Exactly, which is more realistic that there is some hidden piece of code in there to call this guy #### head or that just like anyone can do, he told Alexa to call him that? He set it to call him by his name so he knew how to do it.

Exactly, which is more realistic that there is some hidden piece of code in there to call this guy #### head or that just like anyone can do, he told Alexa to call him that? He set it to call him by his name so he knew how to do it.
Yup.  Or one of his housemates was playing a prank on him.  Of course they'd tell him they didn't change anything.

Siri is pretty strange on my iPhone.  It will activate by itself to say hi once in a while.  It even griped about the extra requests it had to service on a holiday long weekend last year.  :lmao:
If you get a watch, Siri comes on all the time even when I’m not saying anything. Almost like there’s a special shake sequence that sets it off. 

I think I need some form of interface other than voice commands.  I don't want to be speaking commands at Alexa to play my music.  My son has an Echo, and half the time I can't get it to play what I want.  Its just not conducive to a work environment to me to be shouting out commands at Alexa and getting results I don't want. I like to look at the Prime playlists and select one, select one of my Pandora stations, or play an NPR show, and don't think I can do all that using voice commands.
Just get a Fire tablet.  You can probably get one for $30 on Prime Day in a couple of weeks.

Just get a Fire tablet.  You can probably get one for $30 on Prime Day in a couple of weeks.
Or just use the free Alexa app -- you can can control the music you play on your Echo device (or any echo device registered to the app as you can hook up more than one to the same account) by browsing your Amazon music, the Amazon Music app, and even other 3P services (Spotify, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, Apple Music, Deezer, Gimme, Saavn, Pandora, SiriusXM, TIdal, Vevo), integrate with Sonos and other speakers, etc.

All without uttering a word.

Some decent deals already out there.

$14.99 for Fire TV Stick + 2 free months HBO (auto-renews so be sure to cancel) + $45 Sling TV credit ($15 off your first 3 months of Sling).  Hoping to use these Sling credit during NFL season for Redzone. $15 for the stick alone is worth it.

4k stick is only $24.99

Also scored Ring Pro Video doorbell + Echo dot for $68 total due to price mistake :thumbup:  They mistakenly were giving 2 $100 discounts instead of 1. 

Users who are viewing this thread