What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (1 Viewer)

Okay, I just went over there to sign up because I placed an order this morning that I'd like to get in two days. But Prime wasn't available for it. (It already has free shipping.) I guess I'll wait and reconsider whenever I place my next order...
Received it today, which is pretty much like free prime. Three business days.

FYI, I know it's not Prime related but Amazon related. I just got an email from Turbo Tax stating the following:

NEW! Get 10% on top of your refund.

[SIZE=12pt]Use [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]some (or all) of your federal refund to purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card** and TurboTax will tack on an extra 10%—so $500 would become $550[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]**Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon.com Gift Cards ("GCs") sold by Intuit, an authorized and independent reseller of Amazon.com Gift Cards. Except as required by law, GCs cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash. GCs may be used only for purchases of eligible goods at Amazon.com or certain of its affiliated websites. For complete terms and conditions, see [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]www.amazon.com/gc-legal[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. GCs are issued by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington corporation. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. No expiration date or service fees. [/SIZE]

Maybe I should have already known this, but the video quality for Prime Streaming is garbage. Netflix and AppleTV look far better.

Nice thing about Prime, I ordered wife's Xmas gift today, and she works from home on Fridays, so I did the next day for $3.99 (not too much more on a $150 gift) so I'd get it tomorrow and she wouldn't see it. Boy I'm clever!! ;->
Should have just got it gift wrapped.

Maybe I should have already known this, but the video quality for Prime Streaming is garbage. Netflix and AppleTV look far better.
I haven't been streaming in a while but usually it looks pretty good. Maybe the extra traffic during the holidays is limiting their streaming bandwidth?

I haven't been streaming in a while but usually it looks pretty good. Maybe the extra traffic during the holidays is limiting their streaming bandwidth?
Usually it's been limited by your own bandwidth but I think it overcompensates when it measures and decreases the quality more than it should.

Wait, so not all movies/shows on Amazon instant video are free with Prime?
Nope. Only certain ones. There's a really good amount of free stuff on there. Pretty much anything that is avilable instantly on Netflix is avilable on Amazon Prime Video.
Well, I already have Netflix. And now I am seeing that the book lending library only works on actual Kindle devices, and not the ipad app. Looks like I will probably be cancelling this after 30 days.
Well what if you just cancel Netflix? Unless you really like House of Cards or Orange is the New Black. I'd say about 95% of what is on Netflix is also on Amazon Prime Video.
breakinv bad isnt :kicksrock:

Cool, I'll try again tonight.

My broadband is crazy-fast so I didn't think it was the issue.

2nd late package in the last few weeks...not amazons fault. UPS put a note on the shipment that the customer requested a delay :wall:

Cool, I'll try again tonight.

My broadband is crazy-fast so I didn't think it was the issue.
I would test at a site like this. It will test latency, packet loss and jitter and give you a better picture of what quality your bandwidth is. You could have a lot of speed but it could be a crappy connection.

Haven't noticed an issue streaming amazon prime vs Netflix. Seems damn close hd if not hd...
Both are very very good, Redbox streaming OTOH is absolute garbage.

We are up to 177 orders placed so far in 2013. I'd estimate that at least 75% of our Christmas shopping purchases were from Amazon. It's going to suck so bad when Amazon starts charging sales tax in our state. I think it is supposed to go into effect in 2015.

Nice thing about Prime, I ordered wife's Xmas gift today, and she works from home on Fridays, so I did the next day for $3.99 (not too much more on a $150 gift) so I'd get it tomorrow and she wouldn't see it. Boy I'm clever!! ;->
Should have just got it gift wrapped.
She would have seen the box and wondered what it was...but you are right, I could have had it wrapped!

Put in an order a couple days ago with a couple items that were due to be delivered today. (Wed) Looked at the tracking and saw that one was changed to be delivered on Monday. Was kinda shocked and decided to chat with them about it, thought it might have been the snow, although it had not been shipped yet. In looking at the order, the Amazon-ite found out that my item was out of stock and that is why it was late. She offered to change it to another Prime place and waive the next day shipping. I think the cost was ~$1 more which wasn't the end of the world but I thought it was cool of them to waive the shipping. I would have liked it if they would have notified me that it was going to be late tho.
Had another next day that was late, and when we went through the process, they gave me an extra month of Prime, not bad, I figured I was getting $6.50-$7 for a $4 problem. Then I got an email saying that they were going to waive the shipping. Nice.

We are up to 177 orders placed so far in 2013. I'd estimate that at least 75% of our Christmas shopping purchases were from Amazon. It's going to suck so bad when Amazon starts charging sales tax in our state. I think it is supposed to go into effect in 2015.
Blame the state in this case. Amazon has been operating buildings in Indiana for several years but the state got greedy.

What are the odds amazon starts doing the prime lending library for kindle app users?

So how does amazon mom and subscribe and save work? What type of products are good for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
They should have a program called Amazon Single Guy, with weekly shipments of beer and toilet paper and mac n cheese and hotpockets and condoms and/or Jergens and Doritos and maybe a new video game every month.

For people that have received packages late, have you ever tried getting a free month of prime for a missed delivery date? I'll admit I'm absolutely an Amazon-Homer but this seems like a company willing to go above and beyond since their customer satisfaction is so closely tied to UPS....

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57615991-285/get-an-extra-month-of-prime-if-amazon-misses-a-delivery-deadline/

... I would be interested to hear how difficult or easy this process was.
Pretty easy, really. Just ask for it

I don't need $6 that bad. If my 2 day delivery happens to come in 3 days a few times a year I generally don't even notice.

For people that have received packages late, have you ever tried getting a free month of prime for a missed delivery date? I'll admit I'm absolutely an Amazon-Homer but this seems like a company willing to go above and beyond since their customer satisfaction is so closely tied to UPS....

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57615991-285/get-an-extra-month-of-prime-if-amazon-misses-a-delivery-deadline/

Pretty easy, really. Just ask for it
nice! ive already had a few that were atleast a day late.. im gonna have to get on this to extend my free trial

I don't need $6 that bad. If my 2 day delivery happens to come in 3 days a few times a year I generally don't even notice.
I agree with that, although I think for a lot of people time sensitive deliveries are much more important this time of year.

Wife accidentally had a Christmas gift sent to us instead of her sister in Hawaii. That's another great thing about prime, BTW.. free shipping to Hawaii. It costs a small fortune to have locally purchased gifts sent to Hawaii, plus the PITA of going to a shipping store or post office.

Anyway, this was her screwup. She noticed it immediately but was unable to cancel or change the order because it went right into the "ready for shipment" state.

She calls Amazon to see what they can do. They couldn't alter the delivery of the order but they had another one sent to the correct address in Hawaii and had us return the one that came to us - which is simple if you know, you just put the return label on it and they get it from your door - takes 2 minutes.

Not bad, but here's the best part... The phone support gave us a $30 credit for the inconvenience of not being able to cancel or change the order.

I love Amazon.

I only complain when I pay extra for next day shipping. I usually only get my extra payment back, I have received a couple months of extension though.

I ordered a dozen items last night around 8. At 10 this morning four of them were at my door. I did not pay for overnight. 14 hour deliveries are almost creepy.

I actually feel bad sometimes. Had three separate orders over the last week for small Christmas gifts. About 10 bucks each order. Got to think they are going to put a 25 minimum on prime at some point.

None_More_Black said:
I actually feel bad sometimes. Had three separate orders over the last week for small Christmas gifts. About 10 bucks each order. Got to think they are going to put a 25 minimum on prime at some point.
You'll notice in the last year, there are now items called "add on items" that don't qualify for Prime Shipping unless combined with other items over $25.

I ordered a dozen items last night around 8. At 10 this morning four of them were at my door. I did not pay for overnight. 14 hour deliveries are almost creepy.
Yeah, this #### is crazy. My 2-day deliveries are all showing up within 24 hours. Totally awesome, of course, but yeah, a little creepy.

Yeah, this #### is crazy. My 2-day deliveries are all showing up within 24 hours. Totally awesome, of course, but yeah, a little creepy.
Could be the new distro centers, but it seems every year they ramp up delivery processing in Dec.

Tuesday I ordered this camera on a lightning deal with this SD card. Package arrived today with the camera but without the SD card. So I shoot them an email and this is the response I received (no questions asked and check out the bold)

Hello,

I'm so sorry to hear the Sony 64GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 R40 Memory Card (SF64UY/TQMN) you ordered wasn't included in your shipment. This usually doesn't happen.

I've created a replacement order for the missing item to be shipped to you at no charge.

Here are the order details:

Order Number: XXXXXXXXXX
Shipping Speed: One-Day Shipping
Guaranteed Delivery Date: Friday, December 20, 2013

I hope this solution works for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best regards,
Vijay S.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuesday I ordered this camera on a lightning deal with this SD card. Package arrived today with the camera but without the SD card. So I shoot them an email and this is the response I received (no questions asked and check out the bold)

Hello,

I'm so sorry to hear the Sony 64GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 R40 Memory Card (SF64UY/TQMN) you ordered wasn't included in your shipment. This usually doesn't happen.

I've created a replacement order for the missing item to be shipped to you at no charge.

Best regards,

Vijay S.
http://atlantablackstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/singh_story_112204.jpg

ordered a spigen protective case for my nexus 5 early morning, got an email just now that it had already shipped out expected here tomorrow.

nicccccccccccce

I ordered batman stickers because they were a lightning deal and I've got a kid on the list into anything batman. His mom said no, not a good idea, stuff the stocking with something else, so I tried to cancel. I got the "not so fast" message because they may have already shipped... in less than two hours...

Wife accidentally had a Christmas gift sent to us instead of her sister in Hawaii. That's another great thing about prime, BTW.. free shipping to Hawaii. It costs a small fortune to have locally purchased gifts sent to Hawaii, plus the PITA of going to a shipping store or post office.

Anyway, this was her screwup. She noticed it immediately but was unable to cancel or change the order because it went right into the "ready for shipment" state.

She calls Amazon to see what they can do. They couldn't alter the delivery of the order but they had another one sent to the correct address in Hawaii and had us return the one that came to us - which is simple if you know, you just put the return label on it and they get it from your door - takes 2 minutes.

Not bad, but here's the best part... The phone support gave us a $30 credit for the inconvenience of not being able to cancel or change the order.

I love Amazon.
That is pretty damn awesome.

i started paying tax but not on everything which ia odd. still beats going to the store l
It depends on who the seller is - sometimes you're ordering through Amazon but it's a third party seller and Amazon is just doing fulfillment. And sometimes, that's not made entirely clear.

Hello,

Best regards,

Vijay S.
http://atlantablackstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/singh_story_112204.jpg
:lmao:

The order I placed on Friday just went from a pre-Christmas delivery to a post-Christmas delivery. Good work Amazon.
The order I placed on Sunday night just went from post-Christmas delivery to pre-Christmas delivery. It looks like Amazon is playing a zero sum game.

Users who are viewing this thread