Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

QB Russell Wilson, SEA

51 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Mallet finger would be bad. Surgery = what, 4-6 weeks of Geno? Yikes. 

Mallet finger with no surgery, 4 to 6 weeks. Mallet finger with surgery, you can tag another 2 weeks on top so 6 to 8 weeks. And before people ask how I know that, I'm a certified pediatrician so admit fingers are not my specialty, I do know a thing or two. 4 weeks for mallet finger if really it's what he has, is very very optimistic. at best we are looking at 6 to 8 weeks and it's gonna bother him for a while until it's back to 100%. Some people never get back to 100% after surgery but assuming this is a professional athlete with top notch physicians around him, and the stress on his finder throwing a football, he won't be 100% for the rest of the football year. It's also depends on what the surgeon find when he gets in there. Ligaments, tendons, etc...all of these depends on the degree of lesions, etc...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Sasgaard said:

Mallet finger with no surgery, 4 to 6 weeks. Mallet finger with surgery, you can tag another 2 weeks on top so 6 to 8 weeks. And before people ask how I know that, I'm a certified pediatrician so admit fingers are not my specialty, I do know a thing or two. 4 weeks for mallet finger if really it's what he has, is very very optimistic. at best we are looking at 6 to 8 weeks and it's gonna bother him for a while until it's back to 100%. Some people never get back to 100% after surgery but assuming this is a professional athlete with top notch physicians around him, and the stress on his finder throwing a football, he won't be 100% for the rest of the football year. It's also depends on what the surgeon find when he gets in there. Ligaments, tendons, etc...all of these depends on the degree of lesions, etc...

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

45 minutes ago, Sasgaard said:

Yeah, it occurred to me that with that sort of unnatural bend, the little ligaments in there might have been torn/strained. 

When they went to fix my shoulder many years ago, they expected a torn labrum, but once they got in there they found a frayed rotator cuff & a Hill-Sachs legion, all of which required repair. 

Man. 2 months no Russ, the Seahawks are in deep trouble. As tough as this division looked preseason, it's kind of between the Rams & Cards right now, with SF not exactly an easy out, but a team that can be thrown on, so a recipe for shoot-outs, which are generally coin flip matchups. And I say that as a Niner fan. 

Brutal - the Seahawks aren't a bad team, but I say confidently they're only as good as Russel Wilson makes them. Geno is....well, Geno. I know he looked great on that one drive, but I believe the Jets got it right because he is just not a good decision maker, as evidenced at the end of the game. If they go 2-6 in Russ' absence they should count themselves fortunate. 

Schedule the next 2 months: 

At Steelers

Vs Saints

Vs Jags

At Packers

Vs Cards

At WFT

Vs Niners

At Texans

What looked like a very beatable schedule now seems much more challenging. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

47 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

Carroll has never done anything in the NFL without Wilson. This could get real ugly if Russ misses time.

Ken Norton says "hold my beer".......

Seriously without Wilson to bail out the crappy Defensive scheme and execution this is gonna be a loooooooong season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

because he is just not a good decision maker, as evidenced at the end of the game.

He threw that ball before Lockett fell down, you can't possibly pin that INT on the QB unless you're saying it was a terrible throw even if he was still on his feet.  I didn't see enough replay angles to make that determination.

18 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

He threw that ball before Lockett fell down, you can't possibly pin that INT on the QB unless you're saying it was a terrible throw even if he was still on his feet.  I didn't see enough replay angles to make that determination.

They sort of glossed over that last interception. And I never saw the replay at a good angle. I swear the defender blatantly arm barred locket across his face mask. I’d have to go back and rewind and watch. 

54 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

I’ve seen enough of Geno Smith confidently say he is a terrible decision maker regardless of whether that one play was his fault or not.

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

I've had mallet finger multiple times. Each time I had to wear a little splint for about a month in order for the ligaments to heal properly. There's no physio. Just takes time. Sure looked like mallet finger when I saw his hand.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, zaner75 said:

I've had mallet finger multiple times. Each time I had to wear a little splint for about a month in order for the ligaments to heal properly. There's no physio. Just takes time. Sure looked like mallet finger when I saw his hand.

As a fairly accurate analogy, the dude who does my yard shut my gate wonky & the latch that hooks onto the post bent a little sideways. 

Since that latch is on a hinge that goes up & down and not side to side, I had to go out and get a new latch for the gate today. 

The direction Russ’ finger was bent was not the natural up & down hinge, but rather bent sideways, like my gate. 

Unfortunately, the Seahawks cannot go to Home Depot and buy Russ a new finger, so….

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

As a fairly accurate analogy, the dude who does my yard shut my gate wonky & the latch that hooks onto the post bent a little sideways. 

Since that latch is on a hinge that goes up & down and not side to side, I had to go out and get a new latch for the gate today. 

The direction Russ’ finger was bent was not the natural up & down hinge, but rather bent sideways, like my gate. 

Unfortunately, the Seahawks cannot go to Home Depot and buy Russ a new finger, so….

👀

You sure you didn’t also get a few screwdrivers and some rusty nails while you were out?

😀

• Laughing 2

Well, can't grieve forever as they say.

Where does this leave Metcalf and Lockett with Geno. Geno is probably a better QB now than he was in NY, and his weapons are certainly much better. I'm of the belief Metcalf and Lockett are still solid enough starters. Maybe Metcalf becomes a WR2, and Lockett a high-end WR3? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Who you guys going after to fill in out of Tua/D Jones/Lawrence/Carr/Winston types?

I’m not effected by it, but of that list I have it DJones ~> Carr ~> T-Law ~> Winston ~> Tua. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sasgaard said:

To back you up this hand surgeon says 6-8 weeks. https://youtu.be/f81YUaaeYP8

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I’m not effected by it, but of that list I have it DJones ~> Carr ~> T-Law ~> Winston ~> Tua. 

Pretty much this, though I'd put Tua ahead of Winston. 

If I were a Wilson owner and these were my best options, unless I could get Jones or Carr, I'm looking to make a trade.

4 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Pretty much this, though I'd put Tua ahead of Winston. 

if I got down to those two I’d have these 3 options ranked equally:

• Tua

• Seppuku

• Winston

in no particular order. 

4 minutes ago, travdogg said:

If I were a Wilson owner and these were my best options, unless I could get Jones or Carr, I'm looking to make a trade.

Agreed. 

• Laughing 1

Just now, TampaMike19 said:

Bottom 3-5 team now. This team will be lucky to run 40 plays a game lol. 

Russ and Pete are probably gone too. Fitting potential end to this Era 

To be fair, Geno played well in relief.

They weren't going to contend for anything meaningful with that (lack of) defense anyway - Russ or no Russ.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

To be fair, Geno played well in relief.

They weren't going to contend for anything meaningful with that (lack of) defense anyway - Russ or no Russ.

It was short notice on tnf. Let's see how he does at Pitt but I'm hoping he does well for fantasy offense sake 

1 hour ago, TampaMike19 said:

We can only hope.

4 hours ago, TampaMike19 said:

I wanted to make some kind of 'middle finger' joke here but couldn't quite put it together.

• Laughing 1

If the team goes on a losing streak (which might have been coming even without Russ injury) I begin to wonder if that was the end of the Russ era in Seattle. If they are out of playoff contention why bring him back for 3 or 4 games?

The lack of first rounder because of the Adams trade really biting now as well.

Suspect Pete might be out as well and a full blow it up.

Watson, Tua, Russ situations become very interlocked now.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Russell Wilson's (finger) surgery was "more complicated than expected."

Wilson had a fracture and dislocation of his injured finger in addition to a torn tendon. Rapoport puts his timetable at six weeks, though Wilson, a quick healer, has a chance to be back sooner. Four weeks and returning after Seattle's Week 9 bye would be a best-case scenario for Wilson. The Seahawks will move forward with Geno Smith until Wilson returns.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Oct 9, 2021, 10:05 AM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Russell Wilson (finger) is targeting a Week 10 return.

Wilson is dealing with a fracture and dislocation of his injured finger in addition to a torn tendon. He underwent surgery to insert three pins into his middle finger shortly after the Seahawks' loss on Thursday. Wilson will miss the first games of his career because of the injury. Geno Smith will start in his place, drastically reducing the firepower of Seattle's offense. D.K. Metcalf and Tyler Lockett go from being explosive WR1 candidates every week to middling WR2 options. No other pass-catcher will hold any value until Wilson returns. With a bye week in Week 9, Wilson could miss as few as three games. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 10, 2021, 9:19 AM ET

Russell Wilson (finger) returned to Seahawks practice on Thursday, getting in a "limited" session. 

We don't think this is a mistake? Wilson has yet to be placed on injured reserve, so the Seahawks must still update his practice status. He was spotted by the assembled media throwing some passes ... with his left hand. We don't know. By every indication, Wilson will miss the next month, hopefully returning by Week 10. This is probably just the Seahawks being the Seahawks. Geno Smith will be under center vs. the Steelers. 

SOURCE: Bob Condotta on Twitter 

Oct 14, 2021, 7:08 PM ET

35 minutes ago, Faust said:

Russell Wilson (finger) returned to Seahawks practice on Thursday, getting in a "limited" session. 

We don't think this is a mistake? Wilson has yet to be placed on injured reserve, so the Seahawks must still update his practice status. He was spotted by the assembled media throwing some passes ... with his left hand. We don't know. By every indication, Wilson will miss the next month, hopefully returning by Week 10. This is probably just the Seahawks being the Seahawks. Geno Smith will be under center vs. the Steelers. 

SOURCE: Bob Condotta on Twitter 

Oct 14, 2021, 7:08 PM ET

This is insanity.  The last thing he needs is anything - anything at all - to happen to that finger right now.

47 minutes ago, Saboo said:

Any answer why he hasn't been put on IR yet?

They think he could be back in 3 or fewer weeks. Wilson has a history of beating timelines and playing hurt. He didn't miss a game with a high ankle sprain, or a fractured foot earlier in his career.

Edited by travdogg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, starks said:

Hit the wire in our redraft. Worth using a high waiver pick? What does IR do for him good or bad for outlook or was it expected?

Now that he's on IR, he's not eligible until week 10. 

If you have space I think he's worth a roster spot. He's instantly a top-10 QB when he comes back. Probably more of a priority if you have a good record, and a non top-4(Allen, Murray, Jackson, Mahomes) QB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travdogg said:

Now that he's on IR, he's not eligible until week 10. 

If you have space I think he's worth a roster spot. He's instantly a top-10 QB when he comes back. Probably more of a priority if you have a good record, and a non top-4(Allen, Murray, Jackson, Mahomes) QB. 

Exactly this…

He was dropped in my league and I picked him up and put him in my IR slot. Worth holding as all I have is Carr or Darnold, with a solid core 

mccaffery, Swift, Patterson, Moss

Ridley, Lamb, Metcalf, D.Johnson 

Ertz, Gronkowski 

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Russell Wilson (finger) could return from injured reserve when first eligible. 

Wilson is expected to have the pins removed from his finger within the next week. Returning in Week 10 was always the hope for Wilson and his rehab looks to have progressed on schedule. Wilson, a fast healer, has been working off to the side at Seahawks practice. Geno Smith will make at least two more starts before Seattle gets Wilson back. 

SOURCE: NFL Network

Oct 23, 2021, 12:24 PM ET