Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Free Constitution 101 course

Chaka

Look, it is obvious you went to Hillsdale or something, but feel free to give it a rest. You seem somewhat defensive. I am not outright criticizing that kook haven--although I am happy to if you wish--just saying that such a course wouldnt interest me and I stated why. I wouldnt be afraid of any discussion but I have already studied enough constitutional law (with the Jesuits, who you are free to criticize without me getting my panties all in a wad). And I wouldnt be interested in the equivalent "Conservative Rejection of the Founding" class you would take, either. Not my style. But you feel free to roll that way all you like.

I'm being defensive because you're being so offensive. I find the bolded to be exceptionally ironic.

And you're not "just saying that such a course wouldnt interest me".

I don't understand your vitriol (no wait...I do). You cited that particular course and the "scandal" in some sort of attempt to smear the institution. How come?

Oh you are very defensive, but it is ok.

I dont care if you are a kook fundy or a dominionist and I dont care if you love the Koch Brothers, Castle Rock Foundation, the Bill and Berniece Grewcock Foundation, etc. You can be whoever you want to be and it is fine with me. No need to get upset because you went to or love Hillsdale College.

Just dont be surprised that someone felt the need to point out that this "course" and the school providing it are not exactly "balanced" and may have a bias or two going on. The scandal was just some interesting trivia about the place.

How do you feel about that course now that you have had the opportunity to read the description?

Look, it is obvious you went to Hillsdale or something, but feel free to give it a rest. You seem somewhat defensive. I am not outright criticizing that kook haven--although I am happy to if you wish--just saying that such a course wouldnt interest me and I stated why. I wouldnt be afraid of any discussion but I have already studied enough constitutional law (with the Jesuits, who you are free to criticize without me getting my panties all in a wad). And I wouldnt be interested in the equivalent "Conservative Rejection of the Founding" class you would take, either. Not my style. But you feel free to roll that way all you like.

I'm being defensive because you're being so offensive. I find the bolded to be exceptionally ironic.

I don't understand your vitriol (no wait...I do). You cited that particular course and the "scandal" in some sort of attempt to smear the institution. How come?

I dont care if you are a kook fundy or a dominionist and I dont care if you love the Koch Brothers, Castle Rock Foundation, the Bill and Berniece Grewcock Foundation, etc. You can be whoever you want to be and it is fine with me. No need to get upset because you went to or love Hillsdale College.

Just dont be surprised that someone felt the need to point out that this "course" and the school providing it are not exactly "balanced" and may have a bias or two going on. The scandal was just some interesting trivia about the place.

How do you feel about that course now that you have had the opportunity to read the description?
Not remotely interesting.

Oh wait, noone is allowed to stir the Hillsdale pot....

Where are you getting that from? You did kind of start off on the offensive. Did you not expect someone, me at the very least as I started the thread, to challenge or clarify any of the things you said?You pointed to the one big scandal in the history of the institution and pointed to one course that I am fairly certain you did not read the synopsis of and used that to create the notion that the entire college is somehow tainted.Can you understand why I might not appreciate that? After all I did just start this thread to point out that there is a free Constitution 101 course being offered by a college that has a very strong reputation.

It seems that it was interesting enough for you to draw attention to. Why did you choose that one course to draw attention to out of their entire curriculum?

I don't know that they'd ever come out and say it, but Hillsdale is pretty unabashedly Conservative.

Their Imprimis newsletter is indispensable reading for any Conservative.

I would expect that this course on the Constitution would have a decided Conservative slant to it.

My goodness, it's one of the fundamental political issues of our time -- whither the constitution? We've had hundreds of pages of verbal fisticuffs over this concept.

Now, if everybody who takes the course is on the Andy side in the debate, then you're right, it's not remotely interesting. But turn a couple of us crazy-### libs loose in there, and I assume they have them at Hillsdale (we're like cockroaches, we're everywhere), and you've got yourself the ingredients for a really good semester's worth of debate.

I don't know that they'd ever come out and say it, but Hillsdale is pretty unabashedly Conservative.

Their Imprimis newsletter is indispensable reading for any Conservative.

I would expect that this course on the Constitution would have a decided Conservative slant to it.

I identified them as conservative in my OP. They are pretty unashamedly conservative but that is not part of their mission statement.

It seems that it was interesting enough for you to draw attention to. Why did you choose that one course to draw attention to out of their entire curriculum?
I didnt choose any course--you did. That is just one of the lectures in the course.

My goodness, it's one of the fundamental political issues of our time -- whither the constitution? We've had hundreds of pages of verbal fisticuffs over this concept.

Now, if everybody who takes the course is on the Andy side in the debate, then you're right, it's not remotely interesting. But turn a couple of us crazy-### libs loose in there, and I assume they have them at Hillsdale (we're like cockroaches, we're everywhere), and you've got yourself the ingredients for a really good semester's worth of debate.

Oh I am sure it would be fun. But I am long done taking courses on Con Law, from any perspective, even for fun.

I didnt choose any course--you did. That is just one of the lectures in the course.
Sorry, I don't know why I keep saying course and not lecture. But the question still stands. I ask because it seems that you chose it for a specific reason and I felt that reason was to cast the whole course in a negative light. I apologize if I got that wrong.

Sorry, I don't know why I keep saying course and not lecture. But the question still stands. I ask because it seems that you chose it for a specific reason and I felt that reason was to cast the whole course in a negative light. I apologize if I got that wrong.
Well, I could have picked any of the lectures but that one was obvious. The truth is I wouldnt let Dr. Larry Arnn teach my 18 month old daughter to wipe her butt (well, maybe I would, he could be a great butt wiper). I prefer my law unmuddled with quasi-religious claptrap and bad history.

Well, I could have picked any of the lectures but that one was obvious. The truth is I wouldnt let Dr. Larry Arnn teach my 18 month old daughter to wipe her butt (well, maybe I would, he could be a great butt wiper). I prefer my law unmuddled with quasi-religious claptrap and bad history.

Fair enough. I'm also glad that we have clearly established that you are not outright criticizing or anything.

Fair enough. I'm also glad that we have clearly established that you are not outright criticizing or anything.
You keep asking me questions and I will keep answering honestly (except for Andy's questions, because it irks him so much).

You keep asking me questions and I will keep answering honestly (except for Andy's questions, because it irks him so much).
Honestly but not objectively. No thanks.

Honestly but not objectively. No thanks.
I objectively wouldnt take that course because I prefer my law unmuddled with quasi-religious claptrap and bad history.

Just dont be surprised that someone felt the need to point out that this "course" and the school providing it are not exactly "balanced" and may have a bias or two going on.

Do you think that most universities and colleges are politically balanced and without philosophical bias?

Just dont be surprised that someone felt the need to point out that this "course" and the school providing it are not exactly "balanced" and may have a bias or two going on.

Do you think that most universities and colleges are politically balanced and without philosophical bias?
Do you?I was talking about this course from this source not most universities and colleges.

Archived