What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cover Songs that are better than the original (2 Viewers)

Here is BNL with Burt Bachrach doing 'Close to You.' This was the original version of BNL with Steve Page, before he was removed from the band. It's too bad he's gone, he has such a great voice.

If you liked that, you can also Youtube them doing "Cinnamon Girl" and "Magical Mystery Tour" - the former is on the "October Rust" LP, the latter I'm not sure they ever committed studio time to, but they used to play it live all the time, so I'm sure there's footage out there.
That was one of my favorite CD's about 10 years back ... love Type O

Last edited by a moderator:
Back a couple of months ago when Nelson Mandela died, people kept getting the song Biko confused thinking it was about Mandela. When I was looking for it on Spotify, it was hard to find any Peter Gabriel versions of it (or any other PG song), but I did find this cover version by Ray Wilson, who I had never heard of before. It is spectacular.

Biko

After doing some research about him and listening to the rest of the album, I learned that he was at one point a lead singer for Genesis, while Phil Collins was taking a break. This explains why he does such a good job doing a cover of this song:

In the Air Tonight

The album "Live And Acoustic Recorded live at the Edinburgh International Festival" had a couple of other good covers:

Desperado

Born to Run

Obviously these aren't better than the originals, but these are great, IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread