What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cover Songs that are better than the original (2 Viewers)

For the "worst" cover thread, I'd start off with Coal Chamber (featuring Ozzy) performing "Shock The Monkey".

Yessir, nothing says "world music" like alternative metal. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
For the "worst" cover thread, I'd start off with Coal Chamber (featuring Ozzy) performing "Shock The Monkey".Yessir, nothing says "world music" like alternative metal. :unsure:
Couldn't agree more. Beyond brutal. That entire Coal Chamber album should be buried in the desert like the Atari "E.T." game.

Me and Bobby McGee (Janis Joplin)Original - Roger Miller.
Actually, Kris Kristoferson wrote it, but I agree.The two Dylan covers I prefer to Bob's are Hendrix's Watchtower and the Jerry Garcia Band version of I Shall Be Released from the '91 live release.
"My Back Pages" (Byrds) down?
I prefer the version with just Dylan and his guitar. And the version from the 30th Anniversary Concert surpasses the Byrds version.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4UcaLHaabY

Now people are just listing covers they like. No way are this many covers better than the originals. That, and the long winded debate is too much to scroll through.

:unsubscribe:

Now people are just listing covers they like. No way are this many covers better than the originals. That, and the long winded debate is too much to scroll through.:unsubscribe:
If we weren't doing this, this thread would be about three posts long.

Ball of Confusion - Love and Rockets (Orginal done by The Temptations). The original is turrible IMO.

Saw an earlier mention of the Judas Priest cover of Joan Baez' 'Diamonds and Rust'. Helluva cover. 'The Green Manalishi (with the two-pronged crown)' is a Fleetwood Mac song, also covered, and tremendously well, IMO, by Judas Priest, to the point where not many folks even associate that song with Fleetwood Mac...

Blackie Lawless, frontman of the band W.A.S.P. is a HUGE fan of The Who, and has covered several of their songs. I'm a big fan of both bands, but I enjoy the W.A.S.P. versions better, especially 'The Real Me' and '(I don't need no) doctor'...

Hard rock band Keel does a decent job with 'Because The Night'...

Saw an earlier mention of the Judas Priest cover of Joan Baez' 'Diamonds and Rust'. Helluva cover. 'The Green Manalishi (with the two-pronged crown)' is a Fleetwood Mac song, also covered, and tremendously well, IMO, by Judas Priest, to the point where not many folks even associate that song with Fleetwood Mac...Blackie Lawless, frontman of the band W.A.S.P. is a HUGE fan of The Who, and has covered several of their songs. I'm a big fan of both bands, but I enjoy the W.A.S.P. versions better, especially 'The Real Me' and '(I don't need no) doctor'...Hard rock band Keel does a decent job with 'Because The Night'...
:goodposting: the Priest covers are money. I liked disturbeds land of confusion too. Metallica - am I evil, helpless, the prince

Me and Bobby McGee (Janis Joplin)Original - Roger Miller.
Actually, Kris Kristoferson wrote it, but I agree.The two Dylan covers I prefer to Bob's are Hendrix's Watchtower and the Jerry Garcia Band version of I Shall Be Released from the '91 live release.
"My Back Pages" (Byrds) down?
I prefer the version with just Dylan and his guitar. And the version from the 30th Anniversary Concert surpasses the Byrds version.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4UcaLHaabY
:goodposting: Not usually a fan of the "all star" jam sessions ... but that KILLED. McGuinn is so solid, can see the reverence he has for Bob/this tune ... didn't even notice Harrison 'til about the 3 minute mark, and he shines brightest of them all (imo) ... oh, and Neil Young's solo >>>>>>>>>> Clapton's. Wow. :boxing:

Last edited by a moderator:
A whole ton of Pearl Jam ones:

Sonic Reducer

Crazy Mary

Last Kiss

Heart to Hang Onto

I Got You

It's OK

Masters of War

Lay Lady Lay

At there are some that would be considerd blasphemy to mention, but they are some amazing covers

Rockin In The Free World

Baba O Riley

Love Reign O'er Me

"Light My Fire"/"Roadhouse Blues"/"Break on Through" (Eddie only with remaining members of The Doors)
Another one I love by them is

I'll bring this over from the other thread...

I'll have to add one of my favorite Springsteen songs to see live...both YouTube versions linked here are live as well.

Trapped - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band over Jimmy Cliff

"Trapped" - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

"Trapped" - Jimmy Cliff

I'm assuming it qualifies for this thread as Springsteen's version has been released a few times - first on the "We Are the World" benefit album (1985) as well as Springsteen's own The Essential Bruce Springsteen on the third disc of the Limited Edition.

++++

My other add would be "Smokin' In The Boys Room" - Motley Crue over Brownsville Station

"Smokin' In The Boys Room" (Video Remake)k - Motley Crue

"Smokin' In The Boys Room" (Original) - Brownsville Station

Brownsville Station's charted higher, but Motley's version is played much more frequently. Crue was in their prime here...

:headbang:

Spirit's cover of Hey Joe

Spirit's cover of Like A Rolling Stone

Spirit's cover of Yesterday

Spirit's cover of Mother And Child Reunion

Motorhead's cover of Hawkwind's Motorhead (though Lemmy did write that song)

Sorry if its a Honda but...Hard to Handle (Ottis Redding/Black Crowes)
:wall: And can somebody explain to me what honda means?
It's something that is in-authentic.
:lmao:So true.On a side note, medium aristotle called me and told me had a print of the Mona Lisa that pans out far enough that you can see a guy waggling his penis at her, so the smile is much more authentic in his copy.
You seem "odd"

'Osaurus said:
Ball of Confusion - Love and Rockets (Orginal done by The Temptations). The original is turrible IMO.
:thumbdown: just watched the video of the rockets version ...I hope you are kidding this #### is awful.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ALRLZQf42s

Sorry if its a Honda but...Hard to Handle (Ottis Redding/Black Crowes)
:wall: And can somebody explain to me what honda means?
It's something that is in-authentic.
:lmao:So true.On a side note, medium aristotle called me and told me had a print of the Mona Lisa that pans out far enough that you can see a guy waggling his penis at her, so the smile is much more authentic in his copy.
You seem "odd"
New here? This has long since been established.

Not sure if this counts as a true cover: "I'm a Believer" by the Monkees, covering Neil Diamond.

Per Wikipedia*, Neil recorded the song first, but didn't release it until after the Monkees had. Since the Monkees' version was heard first (and became a monster hit), this doesn't quite fit the traditional cover scenario.

* Assuming the info is correct

Users who are viewing this thread