What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Football Podcast Recommendations (1 Viewer)

sspunisher

Footballguy
I've always listened to music while working out, but I've been loving working out to fantasy football podcasts lately. Makes the workouts fly by insanely fast. Was looking for some more fantasy relevant podcasts similar to the Audible and the Red vs Blue. Anything with up to date news and fantasy football player or drafting debate I'm game for.

I've always listened to music while working out, but I've been loving working out to fantasy football podcasts lately. Makes the workouts fly by insanely fast. Was looking for some more fantasy relevant podcasts similar to the Audible and the Red vs Blue. Anything with up to date news and fantasy football player or drafting debate I'm game for.
Mine beginning next month. :thumbup:

Mine beginning next month. :thumbup:
Haha cheap plug. Let me know the itunes info I'll keep an eye out. And thanks for the CBS one, I don't really like the "mainstream" podcasts but I'll check it out. Any others?

I know many people hate it, but I enjoy the ESPN Fantasy Focus podcast. Kellogg's Komments is OK too. I definitely agree they make workouts go faster, so I'm excited to hear other options here.

I like ESPN's fantasy football show. Ostracize me, but I really enjoy it. The Fantasy Football Toolbox show, CBS Sports show, and the BFD show are all good.

Pro Football Focus and Dynasty League Football are pretty decent.
Just caught DLF last week & its very promising. I like PFF but their audio is really poor but I like the content. Not sure what software & mic Cecil uses to run the audible but its light years ahead audibly of PFF.others....Fantasy Guru-When Cosell is on it is right up there with the audible as my favorite. I like Caplan as well but JH seems like he lost a few MPHs from his fastballBFD Dynasty is an ok listenRed Vs Blue-haven't listened in a year , 1 host was ok the other :eek: . Well the other , never mind.

Red vs Blue ?

I listened once on a road trip because either Cecil or Bloom was on and plugged it. It was two hours about personal stories, boxing and other off topic. Did I just catch the one bad show? I run out of podcasts during my commutes and workouts, would try again if it's actually about football.

FantasyGuru.com Blog Talk Radio Feed has good content and regular visits by Greg Cosell.

Yahoo! has Shutdown Corner Podcast with (again) Greg Cosell, hosted by Doug Farrar.

My 2 cents.

Gold standard

The Audible

DLFootball (enjoy this more then some of the articles.)

ESPN: Football today

PFF Fantasy

Silver standard

CBSSports Fantasy Football

FFToolbox

Bronze Standard

2 Mugs Fantasy Football

BFD (which is interesting to hear what others think, sometimes disagree with it, but keeps the brain thinking on different angles.)

At the end of the day, they're all decent to listen to, but if I had limited time, I would listen to the "Gold Standard" podcasts.

:banned: :football:

I'm assuming DLF is geared more towards dynasty players, but is it still worth listening to if you're just a redraft player?

'Black said:
FantasyGuru.com Blog Talk Radio Feed has good content and regular visits by Greg Cosell.Yahoo! has Shutdown Corner Podcast with (again) Greg Cosell, hosted by Doug Farrar.
I can never find SDC in itunes

I'm assuming DLF is geared more towards dynasty players, but is it still worth listening to if you're just a redraft player?
I think so. I'm almost at the point I've forgotten how to play redraft, but I think it's worth a try at least. (They cover news, trades, etc.)

'Black said:
FantasyGuru.com Blog Talk Radio Feed has good content and regular visits by Greg Cosell.Yahoo! has Shutdown Corner Podcast with (again) Greg Cosell, hosted by Doug Farrar.
I can never find SDC in itunes
Yea just tried searching the Shutdown Corner, didn't find anything either.
To subscribe to SDC in iTunes, you have to dig up an SDC podcast article, then copy-and-paste a link they give you into iTunes to activate the subscription. Or something like that. It's inexplicably complicated; a side effect of some old Yahoo-Apple beef, I guess.

My main rotation of podcasts covers four gym trips per week and an hour of back-and-forth commuting 5x per week, so it's more than just Fantasy Football. But the FF ones I listen to most are (in no particular order):

The Audible (especially in season with waiver wire and recap shows)

ESPN Fantasy Focus (they try too hard to be funny sometimes, but they actually succeed occasionally; good also to know what the "fish" of your league -- as opposed to the "sharks" -- are thinking because it's more mainstream and not as in-depth)

2mugsFF (@RumfordJohnny and @RyFo18 on twitter -- they're New England guys but they don't show homer-tism too often; the tone is very casual, the kind of talk you'd hear in any sports bar - cursing and all)

Fantasy Football Index has a new podcast.

It is available on iTunes - search Fantasy Football Index in the store.

It's also available here: http://ffipodcast.libsyn.com

Your feedback, comments, and questions are welcome.
Love Fantasy Football Index as a magazine. Likely one of the few print magazines, I still buy. Great content here, great format, found one of the speakers a little louder then the other, to nitpick a little, but very happy to have this podcast, and look forward to future episodes.

Love Fantasy Football Index as a magazine. Likely one of the few print magazines, I still buy. Great content here, great format, found one of the speakers a little louder then the other, to nitpick a little, but very happy to have this podcast, and look forward to future episodes.
Not a nitpick at all but it's a legit feedback and greatly appreciated. You're right, one of the tracks came out in stereo and the other in mono causing the difference. It'll be fixed in future episodes.

Again, thanks for listening and taking them time to critique.

Not a nitpick at all but it's a legit feedback and greatly appreciated. You're right, one of the tracks came out in stereo and the other in mono causing the difference. It'll be fixed in future episodes.

Again, thanks for listening and taking them time to critique.
:goodposting: :thumbup: Nice, look forward to the next one.

My main rotation of podcasts covers four gym trips per week and an hour of back-and-forth commuting 5x per week, so it's more than just Fantasy Football. But the FF ones I listen to most are (in no particular order):

The Audible (especially in season with waiver wire and recap shows)

ESPN Fantasy Focus (they try too hard to be funny sometimes, but they actually succeed occasionally; good also to know what the "fish" of your league -- as opposed to the "sharks" -- are thinking because it's more mainstream and not as in-depth)

2mugsFF (@RumfordJohnny and @RyFo18 on twitter -- they're New England guys but they don't show homer-tism too often; the tone is very casual, the kind of talk you'd hear in any sports bar - cursing and all)
Ryan is not a New Engalnd guy. He is a Chiefs fan. ESPN FF no thanks.

My 2 cents. Gold standardThe AudibleDLFootball (enjoy this more then some of the articles.)ESPN: Football todayPFF Fantasy Silver standardCBSSports Fantasy FootballFFToolboxBronze Standard2 Mugs Fantasy FootballBFD (which is interesting to hear what others think, sometimes disagree with it, but keeps the brain thinking on different angles.)At the end of the day, they're all decent to listen to, but if I had limited time, I would listen to the "Gold Standard" podcasts. :banned: :football:
Almost the exact list of podcasts I listen to, as well. I'd switch 2 Mugs & CBS, and include FantasyGuru in my bronze list.

My 2 cents. Gold standardThe AudibleDLFootball (enjoy this more then some of the articles.)ESPN: Football todayPFF Fantasy Silver standardCBSSports Fantasy FootballFFToolboxBronze Standard2 Mugs Fantasy FootballBFD (which is interesting to hear what others think, sometimes disagree with it, but keeps the brain thinking on different angles.)At the end of the day, they're all decent to listen to, but if I had limited time, I would listen to the "Gold Standard" podcasts. :banned: :football:
Almost the exact list of podcasts I listen to, as well. I'd switch 2 Mugs & CBS, and include FantasyGuru in my bronze list.
Agreed,I'm starting to think this way also.... the CBS podcast, mentioned a snake style rookie draft the other day, I nearly threw my phone away from me. WTF. (snake style rookie draft makes no sense to me...)2 Mugs, isn't ground breaking stats, but the casual tone and easy banter, make for a good listen. I'll have to try Fantasyguru, don't know them yet. Fantasy Football Index with it's nearly daily podcasts is pretty enjoyable, still feels a little new, but good content and perspective. * = updates (all IMO, YMMV.)Gold standardThe AudibleDLFootball (enjoy this more then some of the articles.)ESPN: Football todayPFF Fantasy *Rotoworld - presumably, when it launches.*Fantasy Football IndexSilver standard*2 Mugs Fantasy FootballFFToolboxBronze Standard*CBSSports Fantasy FootballBFD (which is interesting to hear what others think, sometimes disagree with it, but keeps the brain thinking on different angles.)Open to other suggestions...

if anyone remembers from last year, what would you say is/are the best as far as in season, week-week matchups go?

This is a helpful thread. I want find one or two but have no time for more than that, so this is helping me get to a short list. thanks!

Cosell's football vernacular has crepted into other podcasts including the audible

i skimmed through this, but Fantasy Football Weekly (KFAN radio from Minnesota - on itunes) is excellent - it's usually available by 1pm CDT on Saturday. I usually wait and listen to it on Sunday morning in lieu of watching the mediocre Sunday morning pregame shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the top of the hour here in a few minutes from midnight-1 am, the NFL Network is showing something called "NFL Fantasy Live: Draft Special" ... I have no idea who is hosting it or how good it will be, so don't shoot the messenger if it sucks.

At the top of the hour here in a few minutes from midnight-1 am, the NFL Network is showing something called "NFL Fantasy Live: Draft Special" ... I have no idea who is hosting it or how good it will be, so don't shoot the messenger if it sucks.
Not shooting you, as I was already watching the show prior, but it was awful. I had to shut it off after about 10 minutes. I understand they are playing to a much less experienced audience when it comes to fantasy - or at least I hope they are - but it was brutal. How they come up with their panel is beyond me but when you have Michael Fabiano as your "expert" it doesn't instill confidence in the end product. Though I would put it one step above the annual ESPN fantasy draft show.

Agreed,I'm starting to think this way also.... the CBS podcast, mentioned a snake style rookie draft the other day, I nearly threw my phone away from me. WTF. (snake style rookie draft makes no sense to me...)2 Mugs, isn't ground breaking stats, but the casual tone and easy banter, make for a good listen. I'll have to try Fantasyguru, don't know them yet. Fantasy Football Index with it's nearly daily podcasts is pretty enjoyable, still feels a little new, but good content and perspective. * = updates (all IMO, YMMV.)Gold standardThe AudibleDLFootball (enjoy this more then some of the articles.)ESPN: Football todayPFF Fantasy *Rotoworld - presumably, when it launches.*Fantasy Football IndexSilver standard*2 Mugs Fantasy FootballFFToolboxBronze Standard*CBSSports Fantasy FootballBFD (which is interesting to hear what others think, sometimes disagree with it, but keeps the brain thinking on different angles.)Open to other suggestions...
:blackdot:

One last bump, adding 1. FantasyGuru, 2. Football Sickness.

Not inspired to try whatever convoluted steps are required for ShutDown corner.

1. Paraphrasing from the last Fantasyguru podcast.

host: "Hey Greg, it's the end of pre-season week 2, how's it going?"

Greg: "I'm ready to make definitive, conclusive statements on every single player in the NFL"

Total :lmao: at the sarcasm, and definitely enjoyed hearing his observations. Appreciate hearing as close to an actual scout's opinion in Greg's and ESPN's Williamson.

2. Football sickness is good, give some college insights which is good and host Burns, I believe, has an absolute smooth radio voice. Guessing that's his day job or should be?

I may need to pick and choose and reduce what I listen to on a weekly basis... hmmm.

Gold standard

The Audible

DLFootball (enjoy this more then some of the articles.)

ESPN: Football today

PFF Fantasy

Rotoworld - presumably, when it launches.

Fantasy Football Index

Silver standard

*FantasyGuru

*FootballSickness

2 Mugs Fantasy Football

FFToolbox

Bronze Standard

CBSSports Fantasy Football

BFD (which is interesting to hear what others think, sometimes disagree with it, but keeps the brain thinking on different angles.)

both of these are excellent podcasts.
fantasyguru is just that guy on sirius fantasy that says everything is 'gurific', right?sirius fantasy is pretty decent, but pretty much the usual -- not a ton of tremendous insight.

Users who are viewing this thread