What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (4 Viewers)

I have a hard time getting worked up over guys speeding when they are likely driving 600+ hp cars.
This. And 25MPH speed limites are horse####. The only time I made sure I adhered to that BS was when I was driving up a curvy mountain road in Glacier National Park in Montana probably 10,000 feet above my landing death zone if I went thru a guardrail.
most 25mph speed zones (at least around Cleveland) are in densely populated residential areas.curious what about that is "horse####"?
Not sure what you are getting at. So, in residential areas, pedestrians are more likely to walk in front of/expect right of passage to oncoming traffic because they expect the car to be going 25MPH instead of 50MPH?
Densely populated areas generally have lots if children outside playing. If you think a 25 mph speed limit is stupid in those areas, then you obviously aren't a very intelligent person.
It's funny how perspectives change over time and situation. I used to fly through neighborhoods when I was young and didn't see what the big deal was (not crazy insane fast, but 40 in a 25 wasn't too unusual). My reactions were good and felt like I could handle anything I needed to quickly enough.

Then I had kids.

No, kids shouldn't be on the street. Yes, good parents should be watching them closely. But anybody who has kids knows S happens. And no matter how young and cool you think you are, you have a LOT less time to avoid stuff doing 45 than you do at 25 or 30. And if you kill one of my kids who happens fall off of his scooter from the sidewalk and into the street doing 45 when doing 30 would have saved his life, you might just join him in the afterlife.

It's like drunk driving. Nobody thinks it's a big deal until somebody is dead.
Maybe don't let your kids ride wobbly scooters along streets where 2,000 pound motor vehicles are speeding by, Capernicus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get the stats or find the tape but does anyone remember both Campbell and Gordon connecting during the preseason? I think this could/would give us a better idea as to what we can expect. I'm tentative to roll him out week 3, mostly because I'm not exactly hurting at the WR position anywhere, but I still stand by my notion that Gordon oozes upside.

Have him in all rosters, cant wait to roll him out this week!
the Weeden issue has given me some pause. He may not be good but he can chuck it up there and let him go get it.
No concern whatsoever. Gordon doesn't need stellar QB play.
Campbell was less than bad the last time playing with the Bears.
Can't even compare difference in the OL quality. Campbell got killed last year.

I have to admit that I didn't realize that Weeden was looking at sitting this week. Campbell starting would indeed stop me in my tracks.

Ended up with this guy back on one of my dynasty teams. I get why you guys like him, but he scares me to death on and off the field to the point I question will he be able to live up to the expectations. *crosses fingers*

Adding this one to the original thread:

Appearing on Sunday NFL Countdown, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Browns are fielding trade offers for Josh Gordon and Greg Little.

Totally not tanking. Right. It's unlikely the Browns could get much in return for either player. Gordon is one misstep away from getting a one-year suspension, while Little can't catch the football. However, both players have loads of talent. Gordon could be one of the best receivers in the league if he really wanted to. It wouldn't be a shock if a team took a gamble on him ahead of October's trade deadline. Gordon will make his season debut today against Minnesota.

Related: Greg Little

Sep 22 - 11:01 AM

Adding this one to the original thread:

Appearing on Sunday NFL Countdown, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Browns are fielding trade offers for Josh Gordon and Greg Little.Totally not tanking. Right. It's unlikely the Browns could get much in return for either player. Gordon is one misstep away from getting a one-year suspension, while Little can't catch the football. However, both players have loads of talent. Gordon could be one of the best receivers in the league if he really wanted to. It wouldn't be a shock if a team took a gamble on him ahead of October's trade deadline. Gordon will make his season debut today against Minnesota.Related: Greg Little

Sep 22 - 11:01 AM
Not after today. Or if so the price has gone up a ton. Kids a stud.

if plays up to his potential, he isn't too far off julio, dez and demaryius as an athlete...

knucklehead factor a concern though in dynasty...

Rotoworld:

Following Sunday's win at Minnestoa, Josh Gordon said the Browns offensive scheme is "the best offense to be in."
Gordon has a point. His ability to take the top off a defense fits perfectly with Rob Chudzinski's desire to push the ball vertically in the passing game. Gordon came right off suspension and went for a 10/146/1 line Sunday, recording the most catches by a Browns receiver since Kevin Johnson had 10 in 2003. The new Browns regime reportedly wants to trade Gordon, but it's unlikely they'd get equal value. He's 22 years old and has legit Pro Bowl talent.

Source: Akron Beacon-Journal

I was fine dealing Richardson.............if they deal Gordon they are raging idiots unless they get a deal they simply can't refuse. Talking multiple 1sts, not even sure 2 is enough.

I was fine dealing Richardson.............if they deal Gordon they are raging idiots unless they get a deal they simply can't refuse. Talking multiple 1sts, not even sure 2 is enough.
Haha. Have you lost your mind? Multiple 1sts (not sure two is enough)? For a troubled WR one misstep away from a year suspension? Good luck getting a single 2nd rounder. You're not getting a number one, and you most certainly getting multiples of them.

This is why professionals, not fans, run teams.

Haha. Have you lost your mind? Multiple 1sts (not sure two is enough)? For a troubled WR one misstep away from a year suspension? Good luck getting a single 2nd rounder. You're not getting a number one, and you most certainly getting multiples of them.This is why professionals, not fans, run teams.
Multiple first is never happening, but I could see a playoff-type team who needs a stud receiver to get them over the top, dealing their first rounder, knowing it will only be a high-20's pick.

Haha. Have you lost your mind? Multiple 1sts (not sure two is enough)? For a troubled WR one misstep away from a year suspension? Good luck getting a single 2nd rounder. You're not getting a number one, and you most certainly getting multiples of them.This is why professionals, not fans, run teams.
Multiple first is never happening, but I could see a playoff-type team who needs a stud receiver to get them over the top, dealing their first rounder, knowing it will only be a high-20's pick.
So you mean the Patriots?

This is not good for the Browns. How the hell are they supposed to tank if guys like this are so good? Gordon will be traded within the next couple days. I just hope its to a team like the Patriots and not a team like the Vikings.

How are they supposed to lose if they don't trade him? Maybe they'll end up trading both of their 1st round picks to the Giants to move up to 1.1.

Gordon is talented, no doubt. But he's also a guy that appears to have failed drug tests in each of the last four years and is peeing into a cup every few days. He's one failed test from a year long vacation.

The Steelers got a 5th from the Jets for Santonio Holmes. I could see it being a 4th or maybe even a 3rd for Gordon, but a first is ridiculous.

Gordon is talented, no doubt. But he's also a guy that appears to have failed drug tests in each of the last four years and is peeing into a cup every few days. He's one failed test from a year long vacation.

The Steelers got a 5th from the Jets for Santonio Holmes. I could see it being a 4th or maybe even a 3rd for Gordon, but a first is ridiculous.
Receivers in the Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, Dez Bryant mold are not a dime a dozen. If the Browns trade Gordon for a 4th round pick, the NFL should take their franchise away from this ownership. He's going to prove to be a more effective pro than Trent Richardson, who rendered a first round pick.

Receivers in the Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, Dez Bryant mold are not a dime a dozen. If the Browns trade Gordon for a 4th round pick, the NFL should take their franchise away from this ownership. He's going to prove to be a more effective pro than Trent Richardson, who rendered a first round pick.
Not a 1-for-1 deal, but Brandon Marshall got a pair of 3rds. I'd see conditional pick(s) involved if anything is true re: a trade.

And what has Marshall been traded for?

And what has Marshall been traded for?
Beat me to it.

Marshall was also a far more proven player, and arguably represented a lower risk of being booted out of the league at any minute when he was traded.
I think the examples set by guys like Randy Moss, Brandon Marshall, and Dez Bryant are exactly the reason Gordon would have so much value to so many teams. There are a lot of examples of guys who have been on the brink of throwing it all away and ended up righting the ship. Guys with Gordon's talent aren't available in every draft.

I could see a 4th round pick that gets upgraded to 3rd or 2nd on the condition that he performs well/does not fail a drug test. The patriots might be interested if Amendola has to be placed on IR with that groin tear.

Seriously...are the Browns SERIOUSLY still thinking about trading this guy? There isn't a scenario in the history of man where a 3rd round pick is more valuable than Josh Gordon. Surely this isn't going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread