What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (13 Viewers)

Seriously...are the Browns SERIOUSLY still thinking about trading this guy? There isn't a scenario in the history of man where a 3rd round pick is more valuable than Josh Gordon. Surely this isn't going to happen.
Knucklehead + new front office that is not invested in Gordon = expendable.

Those claiming the Browns would deal him after yesterday for a fourth round pick clearly didn't watch him play. Like others have mentioned, dude has elite NFL WR1 skills. He'll fetch at least a 2nd or the Browns will just keep him.

Did anyone start him yesterday?

I pulled him out at the last minute for TY Hilton. Only way I would have started him with Hoyer coming in for his first start was if I heard news that TY wasn't playing. In hindsight, it was obviously the wrong call, but looking forward, Hoyer looks like someone who can get him the ball.

That stop and go on his first TD was a thing of beauty. The kid can get up to speed quick.

Plus haven't many of the greatest recievers of the past been knuckleheads? If anything, science shows that knucklehead factor helps recievers produce.

I pulled him out at the last minute for TY Hilton. Only way I would have started him with Hoyer coming in for his first start was if I heard news that TY wasn't playing. In hindsight, it was obviously the wrong call, but looking forward, Hoyer looks like someone who can get him the ball.

That stop and go on his first TD was a thing of beauty. The kid can get up to speed quick.

Plus haven't many of the greatest recievers of the past been knuckleheads? If anything, science shows that knucklehead factor helps recievers produce.
Yes as a flex, benched in 2 others (Never again). Out scored my opponent by 100 pts. :o

Over TY in one league and over Shorts in another. Moments like yesterday are what make fantasy football for me. Gordo won't do that every week, but he's flashed elite talent quite a bit since coming into the league and while Hoyer is a bum, he's a high end bum, especially compared to last year's Browns QBs. And who knows, maybe the Pats will give up a first for him. They seem to have multiple 1sts every year. My secret dream is for the Saints to sneak in there somehow and pluck this kid from the depths so that days like yesterday become common place the rest of the year.

Yep. 16 teamer, rosters are thin, so he's an every week starter.

Seriously...are the Browns SERIOUSLY still thinking about trading this guy? There isn't a scenario in the history of man where a 3rd round pick is more valuable than Josh Gordon. Surely this isn't going to happen.
Absolutely ridiculous to think that the Borwns will part with anything less than the 2nd rounder that they used on Gordon.

Had him on the bench for AJ Green & Demaryius Thomas. Missed him on flex & went with Julius Thomas instead.

I had Gordon on the bench but should still win. All the red flags with Hoyer starting, TRich gone, it being Gordon's first game back, etc. made me feel compelled to keep him out of the lineup.

Chudzinki also just said that there's no plans to trade Gordon.

This was just people speculating on air or in print after the Trent trade.

If it's picks they want wouldnt they be better off dealing Thomas or Cameron?
I think it's more than just wanting picks. They don't trust Gordon to stop being a knucklehead.
Part of the reason I'm not buying that they're trading him, other than the fact that they've said their not, is that they went out and signed Desmond Bryant who has been arrested two separate times. There's no talk of them getting rid of Groves, who got arrested this offseason, or Haden, who already did a 4-game suspension for Adderall.

They see RB as a devalued position in today's NFL, which it is. But WR sure as heck isn't.

Just traded him. I believe in him but it was a deal to put me over the top in a keeper league. Big money, 5 keepers, traded with Luck and Daryl Richardson for Peyton Manning and Reggie Bush. Also swapped a 1st round pick for his 4th.

I might come to regret it if Reggie keeps getting injured and Gordon keeps going bananas, but it was a risk I was willing to take.

Anyone else involved in trade talks for Gordon? What are people asking for? If you're an owner, what are you asking for?

He's a legit WR1 really, even though it seems a lot of sites are slow to catch up. I wouldn't be trading him unless it's for that sort of value.

Rotoworld:

Josh Gordon says coach Rob Chudzinski told him the Browns have no intentions of trading him.
Perhaps, but the Browns leaked dirt on Gordon through the media this offseason, and did not stand behind him publicly through his two-game suspension ordeal. If they don't trade him, it's not because they want to keep Gordon. It's because the offers they received weren't enough. "[Chud] texted me the other day talking about it and just reassuring me there were no trade offers or anything like that," Gordon said. "The fact that [Chud] said there wasn’t [a plan to trade me], it makes me feel a little more comfortable."

Source: Akron Beacon-Journal

Rotoworld:

Josh Gordon says coach Rob Chudzinski told him the Browns have no intentions of trading him.
Perhaps, but the Browns leaked dirt on Gordon through the media this offseason, and did not stand behind him publicly through his two-game suspension ordeal. If they don't trade him, it's not because they want to keep Gordon. It's because the offers they received weren't enough. "[Chud] texted me the other day talking about it and just reassuring me there were no trade offers or anything like that," Gordon said. "The fact that [Chud] said there wasn’t [a plan to trade me], it makes me feel a little more comfortable."

Source: Akron Beacon-Journal
Interesting. That is almost exactly what Speilman said about Harvin.

I would actually rather he not get traded. He's going to be a target hog in Cleveland under Norv. I think Hoyer is good enough of a chucker to get him the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would actually rather he not get traded. He's going to be a target hog in Cleveland under Norv. I think Hoyer is good enough of a chucker to get him the ball.
I'm of the same opinion, LF. He gets moved and it might be weeks or half the season before he would become familiar or effective in a new system. I keep opening this thread and roto with one eye open, hoping he hasn't been moved.

Vincent Jackson put up some good years in Norv's system, and the Browns don't have a quality WR2. Cameron will vulture TD's, but I could see 80/1300/9 as a realistic stat line for ROS...

I think I agree.

But I've got both Gordon and Cameron in a dynasty league. Can a Hoyer-level QB keep both of them relevant? Hoyer is going to have to prove he can keep it up (and cut down on the INTs), or we have to hope the new Browns front office will be better at drafting a QB than the old regime.

Vincent Jackson put up some good years in Norv's system, and the Browns don't have a quality WR2. Cameron will vulture TD's, but I could see 80/1300/9 as a realistic stat line for ROS...
The Browns offense for the rest of season will be chucking the ball around playing from behind. I'm glad I got my hands on both Cameron and Gordon. All aboard the Browns offense bandwagon (felt dirty saying that)

I think I agree.

But I've got both Gordon and Cameron in a dynasty league. Can a Hoyer-level QB keep both of them relevant? Hoyer is going to have to prove he can keep it up (and cut down on the INTs), or we have to hope the new Browns front office will be better at drafting a QB than the old regime.
Doesnt need to cut down on the INTs at all. As long as he's still chucking it next series to keep up.

Users who are viewing this thread