What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (10 Viewers)

Everyone in this thread seems to have 5 top 5 WRs :excited:
:goodposting:
Personally i have never seen wr/wr drafting work at winning a league, and in this thread seems some people when wr/wr/wr. reminds me of the talking heads that are always excited about going heavy wr early, then half way through the season they are out of it because their rbs are waiver wire fodder while streaming qbs.*every hipster podcast* "Really like demaryius this week and playing him alongside julio and jeffrey in one of my leagues." "Oh yeah how are you doing in that league?" "Last place in points with 2 wins but man my team is so good it makes no sense..." lol
I'm 9-1, first in points. Starting RBs: Ryan Mathews and Theo Riddick. Other notables: Pierre Thomas, Jonathan Stewart.
7-3 and second in points with dez, demarius, aj green and Gordon . My RBs are flax, Mathews and Jennings.

Last edited by a moderator:
perfect week to return. The team lost a big, winnable game and can't move the ball very well...now they have the awful Falcons in his debut. I think they look to get him the ball and make him a big part of the offense down the stretch. The great part is that they are in the playoff hunt and they need to win games.

Those ppl crapping on Hoyer are about to get a wakeup call.

He's good.

Wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than he's showing w a WR corps of scrubs and has-beens. Just you wait, Gordon gonna get Hoyer paiiiiiiiid

perfect week to return. The team lost a big, winnable game and can't move the ball very well...now they have the awful Falcons in his debut. I think they look to get him the ball and make him a big part of the offense down the stretch. The great part is that they are in the playoff hunt and they need to win games.
Hoyer threw 50 passes...hope that keeps up!

Those ppl crapping on Hoyer are about to get a wakeup call.

He's good.

Wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than he's showing w a WR corps of scrubs and has-beens. Just you wait, Gordon gonna get Hoyer paiiiiiiiid
On this, we disagree.

The WRs have not been the reason Hoyer has missed open shots.

They've caught more of the catchable balls than any other team leading into this week.

Also, Gordon won't get Hoyer paid if he can't hit him in stride.

Don't get me wrong, Gordon will still get his, but Hoyer will leave some points on the field, because that's who he is.

It will be Johnny time soon.

Hoyer threw 50 passes...hope that keeps up!
it'll be interesting...teams know they can just stack the box and not have to worry about any of their wr's hurting them. Their #1 would be a #4 on some teams...hell Hawkins was the Bengals #4/5 last year. So if nothing else, Gordon will immediately help the run game....unfortunately trying to figure out that mess is impossible. I have Crowell as well and would LLOOOOVEEE to start him vs. the Falcons but likely won't risk a 3 touch game while watching Tate run for 18-121-2

It will be Johnny time soon.
Highly unlikely, imo.

How'd Stafford look sans Megatron? How'd Manning look sans Sanders and Thomas? How'd Brady look when Gronk was ailing early season?

The importance of a truly dominant target in your passing game is nearly as important as the QB himself - Gordon on the field makes this a COMPLETELY different offense. Like... night and day different.

Hoyer is not elite by any means - but he is much better than he's shown... and at 6-4, that's saying something.

Call me crazy but I'm not sitting Mike Evans for this guy.
Ha ha, I'm with you. Evans would be the one going to the bench if I put Gordon in my lineup.
In the same boat here. Gordon is back next week and the rookie WR's stepping up big. Tough line up decisions coming for WR3 spot with Gordon, D Jackson, Evans and ODB.
Well I cannot bench Mike Evans.
Me either. And while Calvin had a down game, I'm not ready to bench him yet either. Looks like Gordon will sit st least another week for me...

Rotoworld:

Josh Gordon is officially reinstated off suspension as of Monday.
The three-month wait is finally over. Gordon is now cleared for normal activities without restriction, meaning he'll participate in practice this week for the first time since August. Although coaches haven't been permitted to be in contact with him during the suspension, he has been allowed to work out at the facility and is reportedly in excellent shape. We'd expect him to hit the ground running in a Kyle Shanahan offense that is predicated on a strong run game and a voluminous "X" receiver. Gordon is certainly that, as evidenced by his jaw-dropping 87-1646-9 line in 14 games last season. Barring something unforeseen later in the week, we'd fire him up right away against Atlanta in Week 12.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Nov 17 - 11:15 AM

At least he is coming back week 12. We can see how he is really going to be used by the team for a couple weeks before the playoffs. Don't forget that this IS a completely different coaching staff that force fed him the ball last year. You have the GM saying he has to work his way back in and the offensive coordinator saying they are looking to get him the ball.

I'm tempering expectations for him until I see how they look. It's been a LONG time since he has been out there with this team. He will absolutely get looks. But I'm just not sure we are going to see usage like last year.

He'll be in most of the lineups this week because he is most likely better than your #3 WR you are trotting out there. In one league I can't WAIT to start him as I'm pretty beat up at WR, in another I'm probably going to sit him this week and see how things play out.

At least he is coming back week 12. We can see how he is really going to be used by the team for a couple weeks before the playoffs. Don't forget that this IS a completely different coaching staff that force fed him the ball last year. You have the GM saying he has to work his way back in and the offensive coordinator saying they are looking to get him the ball.

I'm tempering expectations for him until I see how they look. It's been a LONG time since he has been out there with this team. He will absolutely get looks. But I'm just not sure we are going to see usage like last year.

He'll be in most of the lineups this week because he is most likely better than your #3 WR you are trotting out there. In one league I can't WAIT to start him as I'm pretty beat up at WR, in another I'm probably going to sit him this week and see how things play out.
On the plus side, he gets to play ATL on the first game back.

If this guy gets hurt in practice this week, this thread is going to be 50 pages of "NOOOOOOO!!!!!"
Since I assume at least 90% of the teams out there don't have Gordon stashed on their team (are there any leagues with less than ten teams?) The 50 pages of NOOOs! will have 450 pages of guys either patting themselves on the back, saying I told you so, or just laughing their asses off.

If Josh ever feels down (usually because he put up 10/140+yds but maybe not a TD), I point him to this thread to put a smile on his face

then he scores a TD minimum the next week

I'm starting him in both of my main leagues... i honestly don't know what to expect and wouldnt be surprised with either 2-24-0 or 8-150-2.

If this guy gets hurt in practice this week, this thread is going to be 50 pages of "NOOOOOOO!!!!!"
Since I assume at least 90% of the teams out there don't have Gordon stashed on their team (are there any leagues with less than ten teams?) The 50 pages of NOOOs! will have 450 pages of guys either patting themselves on the back, saying I told you so, or just laughing their asses off.
I could see that if he was drafted as a first/2nd round pick...but he wasn't. He was drafted late in competitive leagues, and grabbed off of the WW regardless in any format by now. If he were to get injured, hypothetically, yeah it hurts but really - so what? To unpack that, Gordon owners assumed little to no risk if they acquired and held. Sure, that roster spot could've been used otherwise, but not on anyone in the NFL with close to the upside of Gordon at the super-discounted price point.

"I told you so" goes to anyone who had to trade a ton to get Gordon recently if that happens, most people have been holding at a major discount all year. Those who traded for him recently paid the "interest cost of holding" to the draft/WW acquisition Gordon owner, and would just be unlucky if he gets injured now.

Drafted him with my last pick, but needed to drop him early in the season for various reasons.

Traded Vereen for him a few weeks ago and am ready to have him alongside Green and Cobb... Sooooonnnnn....

I could see that if he was drafted as a first/2nd round pick...but he wasn't. He was drafted late in competitive leagues, and grabbed off of the WW regardless in any format by now. If he were to get injured, hypothetically, yeah it hurts but really - so what? To unpack that, Gordon owners assumed little to no risk if they acquired and held. Sure, that roster spot could've been used otherwise, but not on anyone in the NFL with close to the upside of Gordon at the super-discounted price point.

"I told you so" goes to anyone who had to trade a ton to get Gordon recently if that happens, most people have been holding at a major discount all year. Those who traded for him recently paid the "interest cost of holding" to the draft/WW acquisition Gordon owner, and would just be unlucky if he gets injured now.
Except he wasn't drafted all that late in many drafts and many people mocked the pick and made Gordon the butt of numerous jokes.

Just a little retrospective to show how far and how fun this thread has been.

Her is the original post with some nice analysis of Gordon, enjoy:

"My link

The first in a series of posts examining Gordon's game, his potential on the field, and the skills that make or break receiver prospects. "

Except he wasn't drafted all that late in many drafts and many people mocked the pick and made Gordon the butt of numerous jokes.
New nickname? Pretty catchy. "Gordon the butt."

New nickname? Pretty catchy. "Gordon the butt."
Because that's all defenders see of Gordon as they dive and miss him as he runs into the endzone?

Users who are viewing this thread