What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (7 Viewers)

I have a hard time taking anyone who hasn't played in a year. Or 2. It's hard to stay sharp on the nuances of the game when you can't practice vs nfl talent. Or practice at all. I haven't really heard about him "working out with so and so" or anything, more about hanging with Johnny, which could just be the media. There's a spot where I'll draft him (redraft) but I'm looking at him as a reserve and hoping for wr3 numbers. I'd probably feel better about him if Mccown was starting.
:coffee:

He's fat and he hasn't played much the last few years. He isn't going to come in and play at that insane level he reached a few years back right away. 700-800 yards for the season and a handful of TDs feels right. From a dynasty perspective, NEXT year, after he's had a normal off-season, kept the weight off and knocked the rust off, is when he could really produce.
oopsies

I took him first pick of the 4th round in my draft (I knew there were guys looking to pounce round 6ish ) and feel awesome now. I grabbed ODB , Watkins and Marshall so set until week 5.  Cant wait to get my favorite player out there.

This is a really good pragmatic point. In 2013 he helped me win but then in 2014 I blew it starting him in the championship because I kept rationalizing that he was the same guy capable of 200 yard games. Objectively, he looked like crap at the end of 2014. He's been away a loooong time. I don't know man....early drafts where you could get him in the double digit rounds--that made sense as a relatively risk less bet. But now with an adp in the 6th? No thanks....
:coffee:

You guys loading up on Browns are all balls.

I was thinking to maybe try for Duke Johnson or Coleman based on the other skill guys being green, that they could see high volume. Gordon if he plays a good part of those 12 games causes targets to spread out more and I am not sure I want any Browns anymore.
still sure?

I am never completely sure. I have not drafted any Browns in redraft yet.

CJ Spiller has me wondering again too and I was completely done with him.

It looks like Coleman is playing but he hasn't done much so far so not feeling as confident about him right now either. He seems to be behind Pryor at Z and Gordon at X.

Its preseason and I likely should for the most part ignore it.

The Bucs are not a good pass defense.

The only people who have faith in him are those who currently own him. That is until they can trade him and get out from under this guy who will get suspended again.
Talent is not disputable, but he isnt worth the risk of parting with assets for in a dynasty league.
How about now....ace.

Let's not get too excited about preseason. But seriously, did anyone expect him not to perform?

He had one of best receiving seasons in NFL history under his belt. If you doubted this guy, you may need to find a new hobby.

What kid of freak takes 2 yrs off and then comes back and looks like that?

Kid has pure HoF potential, if his ### stays on the field. So happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all these quotes, I'm expecting a barrage of "it's only the preseason" responses.

i dunno....looked to me like that sort of thing will translate to the regular season. Call me crazy.

feeling pretty good about putting RGIII down in the sleeper topic.

(hey; I'm a new guy - that's all I've got to crow about) :D  

Gordon is a prime example of why the league needs to modify suspensions. He has obvious issues and instead of giving him support, there is no working out at the facility or an ability to lean on his teammates if he starts thinking about doing dumb stuff.

Just seems like an easy trigger... sitting at home and being banned from those in your life that are rooting for you to succeed.

Gordon is a prime example of why the league needs to modify suspensions. He has obvious issues and instead of giving him support, there is no working out at the facility or an ability to lean on his teammates if he starts thinking about doing dumb stuff.

Just seems like an easy trigger... sitting at home and being banned from those in your life that are rooting for you to succeed.
All he has to do is show a little self control and not hit the pipe, not a huge obstacle.

Users who are viewing this thread