What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (10 Viewers)

I never been to rehab but I always thought you could leave when you wanted if it was voluntary and you weren't a risk. I own him and I know I'm keeping him until atleast week 8 when the bye weeks start hurting me
Desperation is never pretty.

stick with me here: if he checks himself out before he'a completed what's certain to be a 30-day minimum program, why would any team possibly touch him? 

So yes, technically he probably can quit rehab - no one says he can't. It's voluntary and he's trying to get his life together,  so it stands to reason that staying in rehab for the full program is the only chance he has to resurrect his career. 

If he does successfully compete the program he'll possibly have a chance with another team next year, provided he stays clean. Money, fame, football, wimmens, etc. 

if he quits rehab, that means he's succumbed to his demons, and has a bright future of flipping burgers & getting wasted every day.

So seeing Gordon'a track record of decision making, it's likely that he does quit rehab.

But I'm having a hard time connecting the dots to where failed rehab = path to NFL / FFB success. Ya lost me there partner. 

:lol: Love the story they were shopping him........asking for as high as 1st rounder. :lol:  No you weren't shopping him. 

Appearing on Sunday NFL Countdown, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns were trying to trade suspended WR Josh Gordon as recently as last week.
The Browns were reportedly asking for as high as a first-round pick. Those plans are obviously out the window now that Gordon has checked himself into rehab after a recent "slip-up." According to the Cleveland Plan Dealer, Gordon entered rehab because of an alcohol problem. Somehow still 25 years old, Gordon is expected to be let go by the Browns in the not-so-distant future.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: Love the story they were shopping him........asking for as high as 1st rounder. :lol:  No you weren't shopping him. 

Appearing on Sunday NFL Countdown, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns were trying to trade suspended WR Josh Gordon as recently as last week.
The Browns were reportedly asking for as high as a first-round pick. Those plans are obviously out the window now that Gordon has checked himself into rehab after a recent "slip-up." According to the Cleveland Plan Dealer, Gordon entered rehab because of an alcohol problem. Somehow still 25 years old, Gordon is expected to be let go by the Browns in the not-so-distant future.
Exactly. No way anyone would pay anywhere near that steep a price for him.

I could be really being overly optimistic or totally negative here, but I gotta figure things change some, when the Browns actually release JG.

Im pretty sure Josh is off the table for seven days for clinical evaluation..  

If they suggest he stays, some club could advise he seeks "outpatient care"..

(halfheartedly) Knowing so little, aside from wacky tobacky use..  It could be determined the guy needs a xanax prescription, not 45 day lockdown..

(imho) It sure looks like the Browns have been somewhat talking out the side of their mouth. 

I mean as much as I can respect 1st round draft picks being viewed as a cure-all..  Some teams find a way to fail with three of em in the same yr

It is quite possible Josh wanted out of Cleveland, maybe just as soon as RG was injured as a matter of fact..

So that would explain the desire to trade, but why hold out for a first? 

Ton of drama to be played out on the network im sure, but I cant see writing him off this Season just yet..

I realize theres a stigma ingrained in some peoples upbringing which i can respect..  Pot is illegal, while alcohol is not

fyi: While pot may make a person hungry, relaxed, or energetic with beet red eyes?  Its normally not the cause of 2AM accidents

I could be really being overly optimistic or totally negative here, but I gotta figure things change some, when the Browns actually release JG.

Im pretty sure Josh is off the table for seven days for clinical evaluation..  

If they suggest he stays, some club could advise he seeks "outpatient care"..

(halfheartedly) Knowing so little, aside from wacky tobacky use..  It could be determined the guy needs a xanax prescription, not 45 day lockdown..

(imho) It sure looks like the Browns have been somewhat talking out the side of their mouth. 

I mean as much as I can respect 1st round draft picks being viewed as a cure-all..  Some teams find a way to fail with three of em in the same yr

It is quite possible Josh wanted out of Cleveland, maybe just as soon as RG was injured as a matter of fact..

So that would explain the desire to trade, but why hold out for a first? 

Ton of drama to be played out on the network im sure, but I cant see writing him off this Season just yet..

I realize theres a stigma ingrained in some peoples upbringing which i can respect..  Pot is illegal, while alcohol is not

fyi: While pot may make a person hungry, relaxed, or energetic with beet red eyes?  Its normally not the cause of 2AM accidents
The guy has been throwing his entire career away over marijuana since high school - there's something more serious going on that a simle Xanax prescription can fix.

Yes, weed is no big deal to most people, just as alcohol is no big deal to most people.  People generally don't ruin their lives over weed but most people don't have their future depend on being in the NFL where it is banned. 

The guy has been throwing his entire career away over marijuana since high school - there's something more serious going on that a simle Xanax prescription can fix.

Yes, weed is no big deal to most people, just as alcohol is no big deal to most people.  People generally don't ruin their lives over weed but most people don't have their future depend on being in the NFL where it is banned. 
So if the NFL stops testing, and or increases the threshold?  Josh dont at least get some credit for enjoying HIS Life, with his own choices

Have you read about and/or watched Hollywood Henderson?  Its not terribly important.  But he coulda better address your concern.

Im thinking he would just smile at ya, and tell ya to go enjoy some amateur Football..  

Personally, I wanna see the best.  What they do on their offtime isnt my business, especially in a Free country

Call me the anti-Soulfly but he won't play another down in a NFL regular season game. He has no desire to put into the position what it requires to be a pro. He's a kid that isn't willing to give up being a kid...just like his buddy Manziel...just like his buddy Gilbert. Blessed with talent people can only dream about but too lazy to use it. I literally got chills watching him on the field with Pryor and Coleman thinking about what that could means to the Browns anemic offense but it was fools gold.

I really do wish him well and hope he gets his life straight. I hope he saved at least some of his cash because he'll be back at the league minimum. Some team will give him another opportunity but I don't believe he has what it takes and he will just continue to 'slip up'. I really believe he just doesn't care that much about playing football.

Call me a glutton for punishment but I can't seem to quit this guy.

Zero percent chance he plays this year, right?

Worth holding for a miraculous comeback next year in keeper/dynasty?  Short benches are giving me the itch to drop him.

It's only booze, right?  So you're saying, there's a chance?

So if the NFL stops testing, and or increases the threshold?  Josh dont at least get some credit for enjoying HIS Life, with his own choices

Have you read about and/or watched Hollywood Henderson?  Its not terribly important.  But he coulda better address your concern.

Im thinking he would just smile at ya, and tell ya to go enjoy some amateur Football..  

Personally, I wanna see the best.  What they do on their offtime isnt my business, especially in a Free country
He's free to whatever he wants, of course.

Some of those decisions may keep him off of an NFL field, however.

I don't care if someone smokes or not either, but the rule is there regardless so that's a moot point.

???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is josh gordon not still eligible to play in week 5? do you have a source that states otherwise?

Suspended WR Josh Gordon remains banned indefinitely until further notice from the NFL.
Gordon checked himself into rehab a few days ago after a recent "slip-up" with alcohol. On indefinite suspension, Gordon isn't allowed to drink or do any other drugs. We're no longer going to hold our breath waiting for Gordon to play football again. His off-field life is a mess that needs fixing first Oct 3 - 6:30 PM

Call me the anti-Soulfly but he won't play another down in a NFL regular season game. He has no desire to put into the position what it requires to be a pro. He's a kid that isn't willing to give up being a kid...just like his buddy Manziel...just like his buddy Gilbert. Blessed with talent people can only dream about but too lazy to use it. I literally got chills watching him on the field with Pryor and Coleman thinking about what that could means to the Browns anemic offense but it was fools gold.

I really do wish him well and hope he gets his life straight. I hope he saved at least some of his cash because he'll be back at the league minimum. Some team will give him another opportunity but I don't believe he has what it takes and he will just continue to 'slip up'. I really believe he just doesn't care that much about playing football.
He will have missed all but 5 games in 3 years - has any WR came back from that much time off?

Is anyone else worried about Josh Gordon eating into Corey Coleman's targets once he gets back from suspension? LMAO!

Josh Gordon WILL return to the field as a competitive hot dog eater!!!!! 

The only competitive eater who is driven by the munchies, that is borne from a plant, which is made possible by alcohol, which is fueled by a lack of restraint, that is linked to a disease, that was passed down by his mom. I said it. His mom is to blame for all of his troubles! 

I just dropped. At minimum I am losing to opportunity cost by hanging on. I held him in which I would assume would be his best season. If he comes back he has already shown me that I cannot trust him. I am done and moving on just like the Browns are.
What about Aaron Hernandez?

Yeah I dropped him this week too. Thought I made a great pick in the 8th or whatever it was. Who the #### is suspended for a year, is about to be eligible and play again, and then that same week decides he needs rehab?? What a #### up. ####er, out :micdrop:

Can't decide whether to hold in dynasty.  I dumped Demariyus for him on a lotto ticket, thinking DT would continue to sort of suck (so far, so good there).  But obviously the gamble didn't pay off.  Just deciding when I finally clip him for good and clear the bench spot.

Can't decide whether to hold in dynasty.  I dumped Demariyus for him on a lotto ticket, thinking DT would continue to sort of suck (so far, so good there).  But obviously the gamble didn't pay off.  Just deciding when I finally clip him for good and clear the bench spot.
Aaron Hernandez will play before Josh Gordon.

DT is on pace to go 1100/8

Aaron Hernandez will play before Josh Gordon.
I've been lurking in this thread since the beginning, but believe its the first time I've posted. I'll take that bet. Aaron Hernandez will NEVER play in the NFL again. Gordon has a non-zero chance. It's quite small, but not zero.

wodahSShadow said:
What is the deal with people saying "'non-zero' chance"? "Chance", by definition, means a greater probability than zero.  Can't stand that Bloom mutters this multiple times per podcast.
"Emergency situation" is a big peeve of mine.  Lol.

Otis said:
Not inspiring a lot of confidence there coach.

Users who are viewing this thread