What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (3 Viewers)

From Rapaport:

On Josh Gordon: He was late today to the facility, source said. In addition, he was fine at Friday’s practice, then injured his hamstring. The question of how is part of the reason they released him. My understanding is it’s an overall trust issue for a player on thin ice.

so....that’s it?  Ugh.  Well congrats Pats fans on getting Gordon for free
Wonder if he really did fail a drug test or is about to and Browns know it.

Gotta think his career is over at this point.

From Rapaport:

On Josh Gordon: He was late today to the facility, source said. In addition, he was fine at Friday’s practice, then injured his hamstring. The question of how is part of the reason they released him. My understanding is it’s an overall trust issue for a player on thin ice.

so....that’s it?  Ugh.  Well congrats Pats fans on getting Gordon for free
Wait. So he fails about a million drug tests and the Browns are all "No worries, brah."

Then he gets hurt and it's "Can't be having any of that."

Failed drug test seems like the obvious reason but if it really about him getting hurt out of the complex, pickup basketball or something equally silly then there are.no words to describe the Browns organization.

Great. The league will take half a decade to make a suspension announcement and all the while me and @Soulfly3 are gonna be all like

"Can't wait for the Patriots to sign him. MOOD!!!!"

this is terrible for Josh. I find this thread to be comical at how long its lasted and now it ends like this, but that's besides the point with regards to Josh and his health. 
Erratic behavior doesn't mean failed drug test. Other sites say according to league sources there was no failed drug test, so...I don't know. Who knows. Was really pulling for him. I hope he was upset at something unrelated and he gets to another team with a strong mentoring system in place.

Erratic behavior doesn't mean failed drug test. Other sites say according to league sources there was no failed drug test, so...I don't know. Who knows. Was really pulling for him. I hope he was upset at something unrelated and he gets to another team with a strong mentoring system in place.
high or has gone bat #### crazy... either way it's bad for his health

ETA: you dont think Cleveland did everything they could to mentor him?

Last edited by a moderator:
this is terrible for Josh. I find this thread to be comical at how long its lasted and now it ends like this, but that's besides the point with regards to Josh and his health. 
Plenty of people pulling for Josh as a person, not just an athlete. Crying as I type this, knowing it all too well.  

eta* Meaning: I know what it's like to have kicked away your twenties when opportunities were available

Last edited by a moderator:
Browns waived WR Josh Gordon.

This comes after Gordon was ruled out of Sunday's game despite practicing all week. According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Browns cut Gordon over "trust issues" after he re-injured his hamstring away from the team and was late to the Browns' facility Saturday. Gordon will be subject to waivers next week, but his league interest may be limited given his off-field baggage. Cleveland will move forward with Antonio Callaway and Rashard Higgins in three-wide sets behind Jarvis Landry. It's a bitter end after the Browns supported Gordon through multiple suspensions. Fantasy owners should hold on to Gordon until his situation shakes itself out.

Users who are viewing this thread