Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

46 minutes ago, pinequick said:

Good grief, this thread is like a microcosm of popular media today--overreactions at every turn.  Dude didn't play during training camp, tweaked his hamstring, gutted it out in Week 1 (caught a TD), and now is out in Week 2 with the hammy.  If this were anybody--and I mean ANYBODY--else, this news would be :coffee:.  But since it is Gordon, it is a "dumpster fire," "Mother####er," a "disaster," etc.

There seem to be two camps in this thread--the "OH MY GOD I LOVE JOSH" crew and the "OH MY GOD I HATE JOSH" crew.  IMO, both are equally :rolleyes:.

I get that this guy has a history, but if you invested in 2018 you already knew that and should have built that factor into the price of investment (if you didn't then that's on you... as are the histrionics).  And for those who didn't invest, the guy already has a TD on the season in *very* limited action.  But overreact away (on both sides).  I would say that it's entertaining... but the bloom went off that rose in this thread about 281 pages ago.

Update?

• Like 3
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can someone reach out to Soulfly? I’m more worried about him than I Gordon.

Kind of ironic isn't it? NFL tells Gordon to lay off the weed and he can't. Owner of this website tells you to lay off your hot takes and you can't.

You've never seen my wife reach for the last pizza slice.

From Rapaport:

On Josh Gordon: He was late today to the facility, source said. In addition, he was fine at Friday’s practice, then injured his hamstring. The question of how is part of the reason they released him. My understanding is it’s an overall trust issue for a player on thin ice.

so....that’s it?  Ugh.  Well congrats Pats fans on getting Gordon for free

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

From Rapaport:

On Josh Gordon: He was late today to the facility, source said. In addition, he was fine at Friday’s practice, then injured his hamstring. The question of how is part of the reason they released him. My understanding is it’s an overall trust issue for a player on thin ice.

Wonder if he really did fail a drug test or is about to and Browns know it.

Gotta think his career is over at this point.

1 minute ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

From Rapaport:

Wait. So he fails about a million drug tests and the Browns are all "No worries, brah."

Then he gets hurt and it's "Can't be having any of that."

Failed drug test seems like the obvious reason but if it really about him getting hurt out of the complex, pickup basketball or something equally silly then there are.no words to describe the Browns organization.

2 minutes ago, a_rackowski said:

Sounds from this source as if the Browns suspected that he was high today.

I, for one, am shocked.  This is kind of like a lightning bolt.  There were NO warning signs for this to have happened.  None.  #dumbfounded

2 minutes ago, dblock05 said:

Yup she's usually spot on.

Mary Kay Cabot‏Verified account @MaryKayCabot

Updated: #Browns Gordon showed up late to the facility on Saturday morning and was 'not himself.' Red flag for possible substance use was the concern of some in the org, sources tell clevelanddotcom

He was high.

Edited by SameSongNDance
1 minute ago, pbandy1 said:

him, so he likely showed up high to work. That would do it.

Get better Josh. 

Sad as it makes me to think that, something like that just has to be the case.

2 minutes ago, JamieMurphy said:

Brown "not himself" when he showed up to the facility this morning, team concerned over relapse possibility:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/josh_gordon_4.html

this is terrible for Josh. I find this thread to be comical at how long its lasted and now it ends like this, but that's besides the point with regards to Josh and his health. 

• Like 1
Just now, Dr. Dan said:

this is terrible for Josh. I find this thread to be comical at how long its lasted and now it ends like this, but that's besides the point with regards to Josh and his health. 

Erratic behavior doesn't mean failed drug test. Other sites say according to league sources there was no failed drug test, so...I don't know. Who knows. Was really pulling for him. I hope he was upset at something unrelated and he gets to another team with a strong mentoring system in place.