Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Josh Gordon Everything Thread

Sad for the person. Addiction is a real struggle for many, and my hope is that this is injury related (comparatively easy to battle back from compared to...) as opposed to drug related. He won't read this, but I'm still wishing Josh to get get well. Football is so insignificant in the greater scheme of things, I still hope he finds success as a person.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jed said:

Reminds me of Blackmon. Really really sad. 

Not me. Gordon has been fighting his mental illness with maximum effort for years. But he just can't seem to beat it, particularly under the pressure of the NFL spotlight.

Blackmon pretty much said #### it from the jump.

Edited by Chaka
  • Like 4

Sorry, not sorry but time to be real. For everyone lamenting the tragedy of Josh Gordon's fall from grace, there are millions of guys in similar situations. Except they're facing homelessness now or worse. Do something if you can to help them.

https://twitter.com/Football_Guys/status/1041118632934297600

• Like 5

Feels like a really sad situation---the unexplained absence in training camp certainly could be consistent with mental/emotional health issues and now this.   I hope the guy has his life in order going fowrard, football or not.  At least he should have the resources to get help---of whatever kind---he might need.

heartbreaking for sure.  Thought he had finally turned a corner.  If it wasn't a failed drug test and there's a change he could pass a drug test, someone may sign him. I just hope that he wasn't just having a bad day, is still clean, and doesn't relapse now over this bull####.  I pray for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe Bryant said:

Please don't. Not anymore than you would a guy blowing out his ACL

I’m sorry, man.  This is your site, but we should be allowed to point out what an idiot this guy is.  If you believe it’s somehow a disease, great, but please do not censor those that know that some people are just stupid.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BigSteelThrill said:

I meant the fantasy side, like with the owners and hypers and stats prospects of Christine Michail and Jermichael Finley. 

Well, there's really only one way to find out--make that joke, and see if you get two weeks off!

Just now, spider321 said:

I’m sorry, man.  This is your site, but we should be allowed to point out what an idiot this guy is.  If you believe it’s somehow a disease, great, but please do not censor those that know that some people are just stupid.

Aaaaaand now you've laid your finger on his point...

2 minutes ago, mvereb said:

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 6m6 minutes ago

More

Josh Gordon hurt his hamstring at a promotional shoot, not at practice, per source.

Okay, if they cut him for stuff NOT relating to drugs... WTF?????

• Like 2

Michael Lombardi‏Verified account @mlombardiNFL 19m19 minutes ago

More

If the Browns waive Gordon without an injury designation then they believe he is healthy to play. Which would be strange since they ruled him out Interesting to see how this plays out. Either way Gordon gets paid for this week.

I mean, Browns gonna Brown, right? If anything, Gordon should be even MORE focused now.

Just now, nyy45 said:

If he is still clean, someone will sign him.  This saga is not over

And guys, let's get a sense of the importance of the bigger picture here--if the quoted post above turns out to be true, THIS THREAD LIVES ON INDEFINITELY!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Assuming Gordon's issue is ONLY a hamstring tweak, this is a boost for his fantasy value. Expect him to be more motivated, he'll likely have a better QB (Dallas? New England? Green Bay? Carolina?), and most importantly, a better support system. Let's hope he doesn't go to Washington state for obvious reasons....

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago

More

Multiple league sources believe the Browns will trade WR Josh Gordon before they release him by the Monday date they announced they would let him go.

Gotta wonder what the asking price is. 5th rounder? 6th rounder? 7th?

13 minutes ago, spider321 said:

You clearly don't know what you think you know.

1 minute ago, mvereb said:

Assuming Gordon's issue is ONLY a hamstring tweak, this is a boost for his fantasy value. Expect him to be more motivated, he'll likely have a better QB (Dallas? New England? Green Bay? Carolina?), and most importantly, a better support system. Let's hope he doesn't go to Washington state for obvious reasons....

Have seen this sentiment a couple of times in this thread.  Not picking on this specific post in particular, but is there some notion that the Browns did NOT do a good job with this, or are we all just talking out of our asses?

1 minute ago, mvereb said:

A "better" support system?  While the Browns are a dumpster fire--the one thing that they have done over the years is sticking with Josh Gordon. We can blame the Browns for a lot of things--let's not blame them for Josh Gordon being an idiot and a junkie.  

• Like 1

Just now, jvdesigns2002 said:

A "better" support system?  While the Browns are a dumpster fire--the one thing that they have done over the years is sticking with Josh Gordon. We can blame the Browns for a lot of things--let's not blame them for Josh Gordon being an idiot and a junkie.  

My friend, with all due respect, you are "mind reading" by calling him a junkie. Maybe he moved beyond his demons, maybe he hasn't. However, the Schefter tweets indicate team still believe in the player and wouldn't trade for a 'junkie'. 

4 minutes ago, pinequick said:

Have seen this sentiment a couple of times in this thread.  Not picking on this specific post in particular, but is there some notion that the Browns did NOT do a good job with this, or are we all just talking out of our asses?

A team trading for Gordon should go over well with the Kaepernick crowd...but, yes...agree, Gordon being a non-factor in 2018 is in him.

Edited by TheDirtyWord

2 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

Sure, the "Browns" have stuck with Josh Gordon. However, they have new leadership in place that has prioritized "getting their guys" in place. "Getting their guys" has been proven by getting rid of players from the Sashi regime. To me, it seems like Dorsey was waiting for the first 'slip up' to justify getting rid of him. Clearly, other teams value Gordon's abilities. A change of scenery may be good for all.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

It's weird that people keep calling him an idiot.  He's an addict.  Lots of very smart people are addicts.

• Like 3