What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (3 Viewers)

I, as an unbiased observer, don’t get the stance @Joe Bryant is taking.  So an NFL player can’t be called a moron on this site?  If that’s the call, so be it.  But it seems it’s being enforced in this thread only then, when a player is (supposedly) being released for yet unknown reasons.  Doesn’t sound like he’s failed a test, so he’s not being called a moron for being an addict.  So why is calling Gordon a moron worthy of “some time off?”  Seems ridiculous.  And no, I’m not an alias.  
I just came off a three month ban for calling people morons publicly. HTH

Also if you trade for him you have him under his cheap rookie contract. Since he’s not subject to waivers once he’s released he’s a free agent and then you also have to outbid other teams and perhaps pay him a good amount more than he’s makjng now.
He's subject to waivers, everyone is until they are vested veterans (4 accrued seasons, so anyone that's reached UFA status).  Media/people tend to use released/waived interchangeably when it's not entirely accurate.

Because trading for him gets him on his rookie deal + RFA for next year.  Once he’s released he’s a FA and presumably subject to a bidding war.
Actually not quite, but it's kind of the same.  He's subject to waivers, so anyone later in the order might offer a pick to ensure they don't get beat to the punch by someone with earlier waiver priority claiming him.

I don’t get it that *you think* he has a mental illness?  You would be correct.  I guess if *you think* he has a mental illness, then it’s most definitely galling to call him a moron.  

Without knowing what has actually transpired for the Browns to part ways, I think it’s galling to ban someone for calling Gordon a moron.  

Now if word comes out that he showed up high as a kite, doing blow off of Hue’s desk, dressed only in his underwear, then calling him a moron would likely be inappropriate.  But if he were simply late to eight meetings and didn’t know the playbook, then I’d say it’s fair to call him a moron, no?
I completely agree with you that people should be allowed to have different takes on this.  I just posted about depression and self-medication that's common with twenty-somethings, but I also think it's completely fair for someone to disagree and call Gordon a moron for squandering his life and opportunities.  Fair enough.  I respect differing opinions.

As we all know, Joe and his Merry Band of Censors don't respect differing opinions, and believe those differing opinions are suspension worthy.  Kind of narcissistic that they believe their opinion is the only correct one, and kind of totalitarian that they believe differing opinions must be censored.

With that said, I disagree with you that Gordon is necessarily a moron rather that an addict, but you should feel free to share your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing to think though that Gordon was able to make himself relevant enough that FF owners needed to sound a 4th round pick on him, only to find themselves back where you always do with Gordon...salivating at his ‘what if’ and hopin* against hope tha5 somehow he pays off.  He’s like a drug himself

Amazing to think though that Gordon was able to make himself relevant enough that FF owners needed to sound a 4th round pick on him, only to find themselves back where you always do with Gordon...salivating at his ‘what if’ and hopin* against hope tha5 somehow he pays off.  He’s like a drug himself
Yup. Gordon isn’t a moron, I’m a moron for drafting him

yep!

I think a lot of people are in denial about this situation.

Ahh it’s fun. Who cares. I’d rather ride the rail with josh than taking some boring running back from some boring team who gets 12 points per game. 

Nobody is paying their mortgage here. Some of y’all are too serious about a dumb game. 

Gordon, who we suspect failed a drug test is either 1. On a new team via trade or 2. Released and is a free agent for the time being.

Antonio Callaway however had like 3 instances just during training camp, on a rookie deal that they have no loyalty towards other than the draft pick, gets promoted?

Hue has a funny way of "setting a culture"

I like Callaway quite a bit, but this is insane how they choose to ignore one and essentially cut the other after years of loyalty.  

ETA:  Definitely shouldn't call it loyalty, more like blind trust.  

Gordon, who we suspect failed a drug test is either 1. On a new team via trade or 2. Released and is a free agent for the time being.

Antonio Callaway however had like 3 instances just during training camp, on a rookie deal that they have no loyalty towards other than the draft pick, gets promoted?

Hue has a funny way of "setting a culture"

I like Callaway quite a bit, but this is insane how they choose to ignore one and essentially cut the other after years of loyalty.  

ETA:  Definitely shouldn't call it loyalty, more like blind trust.  
Why would anyone suspect he failed a drug test?

Yup. Gordon isn’t a moron, I’m a moron for drafting him
I spent the whole offseason telling myself not to draft this guy and all it took was a 30 second lapse of judgement to draft him. Afterward I felt like I would if I slowly locked my keys in my car. It's strange how you can know something is gonna turn out bad and you do it anyways. Do they have fantasy football psychologists?

Ahh it’s fun. Who cares. I’d rather ride the rail with josh than taking some boring running back from some boring team who gets 12 points per game. 

Nobody is paying their mortgage here. Some of y’all are too serious about a dumb game. 
Bingo. I mean some of these people are clearly investing waaaay too much of themselves on this hobby. For instance, there are people with 48,460 posts and counting on a fantasy football message board for crissakes.

Capt'n Cook‏ @MarshCopped

Josh Gordon was cut by the Browns because he decided to shoot a hype video of himself last night at the Browns practice facility at 10 PM. (My buddy is his photographer) .. I guess Gordon tried to outrun a Drone used to film him running routes and he pulled the hammy.
If true..

:lmao:

How some people still drafted him after skipping camp and using "Hard Knocks" as an excuse I'll never know.  A lot of people pointed this out last month in here though at the time so good for you guys for not getting burned.  :thumbup:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Browns had concerns Josh Gordon was "struggling with his sobriety or on the verge of relapsing."

Gordon "wasn't himself" after showing up late to the Browns' facility with a hamstring setback. PFT's Mike Florio adds Gordon was "habitually tardy," and Saturday's incident led Cleveland to finally move on. Off-field rumors are nothing new for Gordon, but this is a potential dent to his trade value given his Stage 3 status. The Browns will release Gordon if they don't trade him before next week.
SOULFLY PLEASE

I NEED YOUR SCHTICK RESPONSE IN MY LIFE SOULFLY

WHERE ARE YOU

Weird weird times for FBG forums.  Way too much going on in this thread to try to unpack.  Ham fisted owners, overly sensitive posters crying over millionaire's addictions.  Just weird.

How some people still drafted him after skipping camp and using "Hard Knocks" as an excuse I'll never know.  A lot of people pointed this out last month in here though at the time so good for you guys for not getting burned.  :thumbup:
It's the same reason people get involved with multi level marketing get rich schemes. Maybe, just maybe, this time it will work out and pay off big time. 

Ahhh...The Ballad of the  :doh:

This is a circus that will be concluding early this week. 

Best to see if he is traded by or on Monday.  Then let cards fall where they will. 

Clearly browns concerned about erratic behavior is a red flag but doesn’t amount to much yet.  Situation is unusual and unprecedented like Gordon’s talent but it likely won’t amount to much once again since he is his own worst enemy. 

So am I to believe that it is actually a possibility that Gordon has not failed a drug test and the Browns just got tired of being concerned about his potential for a relapse AND THEN instead of trying to put out trade feelers under the radar and create a market for him they publicly announced they were going to release him on Monday and then let the bidding war begin? On a Saturday afternoon/evening?

I guess a bidding war is a bidding war but it seems odd that they would self impose a deadline and limit their options like that.

what was the tweet?
This..

Capt'n Cook‏ @MarshCopped 5h5 hours ago

Josh Gordon was cut by the Browns because he decided to shoot a hype video of himself last night at the Browns practice facility at 10 PM. (My buddy is his photographer) .. I guess Gordon tried to outrun a Drone used to film him running routes and he pulled the hammy.
And when you type in "Gordon" and "drone" you get these..

Anthony Lawson‏ @Antlaw24 1h1 hour ago

Josh Gordon got cut because he was creating a hype video with a DJI Phantom 4 drone and tried to outrun the drone. I honestly can't think of a better way to go out.
Capt'n Cook‏ @MarshCopped 4h4 hours ago

Gordon was cut because he tried to outrun a drone at 45 mph.. I thought Cleveland athletes wouldve learned their lesson from Trevor Bauer.. but..
It's obviously just speculation but I don't think it's completely unfounded since there's a separate, more widely accepted rumor circulating that he hurt his hamstring during a photoshoot. Plus Gordon has been known to create hype videos. It's honestly one of the few plausible explanations as to why he went the entire week without popping up on the injury report only to be ruled out today.

I think the odds that he pulled/re-injured his hamstring trying to keep up with/race a drone the day before a game are better than 50%. 

Users who are viewing this thread