What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (3 Viewers)

I must admit, the guys style is eerily close to mine.

whichever member busted this out gets my props.
I have no other aliases on here, long time reader of the board, just started posting.
maybe you're my soulmate.
I don't think so.

Dude, don't get weird.
:lol: ...Wow. I admit I talk to myself sometimes, but I can honestly say I haven't ever done it on a message board :lmao:
Name your bet pal, how much would you like to lose today?

We can contact a mod, after the bet is placed.

I have no other aliases on here, long time reader of the board, just started posting.
I don't think so.

Dude, don't get weird.
:lol: ...Wow. I admit I talk to myself sometimes, but I can honestly say I haven't ever done it on a message board :lmao:

You are not credible Soulfly...I would never bet with you because I don't trust you.
Ok, forget money.

If I'm not soul dude, you are banned for one year.

That's good enough for me.

I don't think so.

Dude, don't get weird.

You are not credible Soulfly...I would never bet with you because I don't trust you.
Ok, forget money.

Now you even challenge bets like Soulfly/yourself. :lol: Please stop ....it was kind of funny/weird at first....now it is starting to get a little creepy. :hangover:
So you won't take the bet, didn't think so.

I don't think so.

Dude, don't get weird.

What do you have to lose?

Ok, forget money.

Now you even challenge bets like Soulfly/yourself. :lol: Please stop ....it was kind of funny/weird at first....now it is starting to get a little creepy. :hangover:
Another amazing coincidence. He has the exact same views on Gordon and a similar posting style, attitude and use of language, Now he challenges bets in an identical manner (loser leaves the forum for a year).

And it would be a real sacrifice for someone who joined July 7, 2014 and has 42 total posts to quit posting for a year under this newly created handle, wouldn't it?

Some actual news, finally.

Published Fri Jul 18 2:38:21 p.m. CT 2014

(RotoWire)Gordon's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, confirmed Thursday that his client is appealing his suspension and has a hearing coming up, the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

Analysis: Gordon's agent failed to confirm the exact date of the hearing, nor did he comment on how his client's recent DWI arrest may have an effect on the appeal process. The reigning NFL receiving yards leader reportedly tested positive for marijuana in early May, and is facing a year long suspension from the league. A resolution on the case -- including any pending suspension -- is expected to be announced before the start of Browns training camp in late July.

I don't think so.

Dude, don't get weird.

Better question what could I possible win??? Soulfy3 and going away for a year? All I have to do is wait for the Gordon suspension and Soulfy has already proven he will go away...#nobetneeded
Who cares? You seem supremely confident that you are correct so take the bet and if you lose you can welsh on the bet claiming that you knew he wouldn't have paid if you won or some such.

It's a win-win for you so take the bet.

I don't think so.

Dude, don't get weird.

Better question what could I possible win??? Soulfy3 and going away for a year? All I have to do is wait for the Gordon suspension and Soulfy has already proven he will go away...#nobetneeded
Yeah, the problem with tha Bucky, is I'm not him.

Tell you what, ... What would you like to win? The funny thing is, it doesn't matter because soul dude is now laughing as hard as I am at you , because while he's not me, he knows I'm not him.

Soulfly/Ojaays should put out a seminar on effective trolling. Guy is good.

C'mon guys, no one is dumb enough to make the exact same bet offer while genuinely trying to maintain the facade of separate handles. He's not so subtly admitting that he's the same person with that bet. And laughing his ### off as you call him out for it.

C'mon guys, no one is dumb enough to make the exact same bet offer while genuinely trying to maintain the facade of separate handles. He's not so subtly admitting that he's the same person with that bet. And laughing his ### off as you call him out for it.
Law dude, would you also like some action on this?

I say bring all comers, then after the mod lays the hammer down, we can get back to football, mmmk?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more news to this train wreak of a thread.

(KFFL)Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said he plans to meet with the team next week to discuss how they can help Gordon as he waits on his looming drug suspension. If Gordon loses his appeal, he's likely to be suspended by the NFL for the entire 2014 season, and he'd only be eligible for reinstatement after the season is up. The Browns have reached out to several professionals to try and get Gordon some help for his substance-abuse problems.

BTW's I only have what?? ..43 posts? am I you? Hello? If I was, I write the #### out of why I ghosted. C'mon let's move on already.

I didnt ghost. I was advised to avoid the forum for a few days after the DUI

I came back didnt I?
Advised? why? because you had a strong opinion? WOW. That is a complete shame. You want a pass now? What the #### was gonna happen? You'd still be missing? lol ..hey w/e . If he is the devil or isn't shouldn't matter that much. Don't ghost and everything is fine. Really? OMG I got a warning? For what? Shark Pool is what it is....DAMN!! Don't Ghost!

That's it? Really ? Send me a pm with that warning and I'll back you. Truly. Do it. Forums need strong opinions but not when they are pushed aside for pride or for w/e reason. You really didn't understand my post? (insert shock). I gotta say I'm surprised. In a way that doesn't include the interwebs and the fishing and the bs. Don't understand? I'm sorry. It is really is not an attack...It's an opportunity. Gasp it.

LawFitz said:

I am respecting the mods request and am not allowed to say what I think about this, I would surely get a time out for my thoughts and I dont want that. But I'll say this, I am surprised so many people can hold their tongue as well as they are right now with this guy talking to himself and just provoking some unsavory responses.

:porked:

You guys really need to find something else to do. The trolls are calling "Troll!" It's pretty amusing until you consider that this would be a GREAT thread to come into to read about impending news on this actual subject.

Could the mods SPLIT this thread, instead of the usual merge process, and put all the idiocy into FFA and leave the real content here for when we actually have news? Basically, anything after about March should do it.

By the way - those of you who can't wrap your heads around the concept that 2 people in a world of 7 BILLION could possibly have 1) the same argument on a singular topic, 2) a similar writing style, and 3) a preference for a very common bet wager on a message board...really need to Google "Correlation does not imply causation."

I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with Soulfly. If he really bothers you that much why don't you ignore him?

Then again I think this thread is a complete train wreck-yet I keep reading-so maybe I should take my own advice.

You guys really need to find something else to do. The trolls are calling "Troll!" It's pretty amusing until you consider that this would be a GREAT thread to come into to read about impending news on this actual subject.

Could the mods SPLIT this thread, instead of the usual merge process, and put all the idiocy into FFA and leave the real content here for when we actually have news? Basically, anything after about March should do it.

By the way - those of you who can't wrap your heads around the concept that 2 people in a world of 7 BILLION could possibly have 1) the same argument on a singular topic, 2) a similar writing style, and 3) a preference for a very common bet wager on a message board...really need to Google "Correlation does not imply causation."
I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with Soulfly. If he really bothers you that much why don't you ignore him?

Then again I think this thread is a complete train wreck-yet I keep reading-so maybe I should take my own advice.
Agree in a lot of ways but...Come strong and come correct. What is wrong with that? You gonna talk #### then at least don't ghost.

Period. It's not like this is a church. That being said we can forgive. Give us a reason to do that. Ignore feeds the beast. Traffic is traffic and don't think it's not. Lightning rods are God's gift to message boards. Embrace them but hold them accountable. If not then the Trolls will truly rule and then you will have nothing more than gas bags spouting "truths" as opinion.

It was funny at first, but seriously... Me and that guy are not the same person.
So let me get this straight, you go MIA on the 4th of July after some rape comments and Gordon's DUI, and then "Ojaays" profile is created on the 7th of July. And Ojaays really doesn't have a dog in this hunt but he/she is all worked up for some reason already, 10 days into profile existence..... Hmmmmmm. Nope, you are definitely not the same person.

It's because you get that little nugget every now and then, like when soulfly called that gut his soulmate

Glad to see Rosenhaus doing all he can to help this kid get his life in order.
Make no mistake, Rosenhaus is all about money.

If Josh doesn't play, he doesn't get the big raise.

It's nothing more than that, follow the money.
Just a little sarcasm when I refer to Pimp Rosenhaus caring at all about a client. If he could cash in on Gordon and the next day, Gordon was busted for crack, Rosenhaus would say 'Do I know you?'.

:no:

:no:

Notice the "3" in the handle? Hmm...

Glad to see Rosenhaus doing all he can to help this kid get his life in order.
Make no mistake, Rosenhaus is all about money.

If Josh doesn't play, he doesn't get the big raise.

It's nothing more than that, follow the money.
Just a little sarcasm when I refer to Pimp Rosenhaus caring at all about a client. If he could cash in on Gordon and the next day, Gordon was busted for crack, Rosenhaus would say 'Do I know you?'.
Sarcasm or not, it is good that Rosenhaus is willing to go to these lengths. I think he knows Gordon can be a huge difference-maker in this league and make a lot of money. Yes, we all want Gordon to turn his life around and be a productive member of society for the good of it, but let's face it.. we play fantasy football and the bottom line is production. I take two things away from this: One, the appeal does not look good for this year, but most of us had assumed that anyway. And two, it looks as if Gordon may have more support in his corner than Blackmon may have/had.

Also, that last blurb posted mentioned that Gordon "wouldn't be able to apply for reinstatement until after the season." That's sort of general, but any chance that means February?

Doesn't that make you the troll calling "troll" on the trolls that are calling "troll"??? :rolleyes:
You and False Start have been worse than soulfly in this thread. Let it go.

Doesn't that make you the troll calling "troll" on the trolls that are calling "troll"??? :rolleyes:
You and False Start have been worse than soulfly in this thread. Let it go.
:doh:

I kind of agree that the going after Soulfly/Ojaays thing is worse that just letting Soulfly be Soulfly.

I really wish people would just leave this thread alone until there is some actual Gordon news. Having to sift through 50 posts bashing Soulfly just to find a nugget on Gordon is tedious. We should probably start a dedicated Gordon NEWS ONLY thread and move this abortion to the FFA.

I kind of agree that the going after Soulfly/Ojaays thing is worse that just letting Soulfly be Soulfly.

I really wish people would just leave this thread alone until there is some actual Gordon news. Having to sift through 50 posts bashing Soulfly just to find a nugget on Gordon is tedious. We should probably start a dedicated Gordon NEWS ONLY thread and move this abortion to the FFA.
Set an example and maybe others will follow your lead. Or better yet, start the Gordon NEWS ONLY thread you seem so anxious to see and leave those of us who want to continue the discussion in this thread the freedom to do so without your constant complaints that it doesn't meet your standards of posting.

And if there was breaking news on Gordon, you could probably get it a lot quicker by checking the Rotoworld site than sifting through all the Gordon related threads on this forum (3 are currently on Page 1).

Set an example and maybe others will follow your lead. Or better yet, start the Gordon NEWS ONLY thread you seem so anxious to see and leave those of us who want to continue the discussion in this thread the freedom to do so without your constant complaints that it doesn't meet your standards of posting.

And if there was breaking news on Gordon, you could probably get it a lot quicker by checking the Rotoworld site than sifting through all the Gordon related threads on this forum (3 are currently on Page 1).
More threads is not the answer. As you've pointed out there are already 3 Gordon threads on page 1. This time of year there are too many important topics and new pieces to bombard the 1st page with more crap about the same player. The mods just need to step up here. Simple as that.

Also, that last blurb posted mentioned that Gordon "wouldn't be able to apply for reinstatement until after the season." That's sort of general, but any chance that means February?
My understanding is that with a year-long suspension, players can apply for reinstatement starting 60 days before the year is up. So if Gordon gets suspended in late July, he could file for reinstatement starting in late May.

Reading the tea leaves:

Drew Rosenhaus recently stated that he would do everything in his power to help Gordon get things back in order. If this appreal was indeed about a "missed test" wouldn't his statement sound different? The DWI being at .09 leads me to believe there is a possibility he can work something out there. But it seems likely that he did test positive.

Users who are viewing this thread