What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (4 Viewers)

He went undrafted in my 10 team shark league. I picked him up on waivers and will look to trade him to someone else to hold onto and wait for his late season return.

I have Calvin and D. Thomas as my 1-2, so I'm leveraging Gordon for a better RB.

I wish it had been more games, but someone will bite :thanks:
NOBODY CARES

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!???????????????????????????????

Is that quote a LIE, Mr Bigg?

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning Gordonites were like this

:hifive: :towelwave:

Now they are like this

:cry: :rant:

Too FN funny :lmao:
To make myself feel better, when I find out the terrible news that Gordon is back for the fantasy playoff, I'm gonna go thru the thread, and look up all the trolls they have been proven wrong.
You won't find me in there. The only thing I ever took a firm stance on was that the original suspension would happen (16 game)...I was right. Since all this new stuff has started, I have felt the chance he would play 16 was very low...right again, then obviously guaranteed after week 1, and since then I have believed the odds were against the suspension getting completely reversed, but that there was a low but decent chance it could get reduced.....but have fun finding where I was wrong :cool:
That's what you'll tell yourself when he's playing this year?? 'I was totally right'?

This morning Gordonites were like this

:hifive: :towelwave:

Now they are like this

:cry: :rant:

Too FN funny :lmao:
To make myself feel better, when I find out the terrible news that Gordon is back for the fantasy playoff, I'm gonna go thru the thread, and look up all the trolls they have been proven wrong.
You won't find me in there. The only thing I ever took a firm stance on was that the original suspension would happen (16 game)...I was right. Since all this new stuff has started, I have felt the chance he would play 16 was very low...right again, then obviously guaranteed after week 1, and since then I have believed the odds were against the suspension getting completely reversed, but that there was a low but decent chance it could get reduced.....but have fun finding where I was wrong :cool:
That's what you'll tell yourself when he's playing this year?? 'I was totally right'?
Not sure he understands that getting Gordon back at all is a huge win for Gordon owners.

Kinda fun watching him try and save face though.

If you sort the TSP forum by "Most Views" this looks like the third most viewed thread of all time here. It has the 2nd most replies of all time. Is that correct?

I hate that one person, who knows little to nothing about what is really going on, says 10 games and then all these other bucket heads pick it up and start parroting. The vote hadn't even happened yet. The players could easily reject this iteration and it goes back for more negotiating. If Gordon is facing ten games under this iteration (which I'm not really site that he is) then based on the comments of Feely, an actual negotiator in this, it won't pass.

This is far from done IMO. Players won't approve if Gordon is getting more than 0.
Man you have completely gone over to the dark side. Not even Soulfly has attempted to act as if he knew what the players were bargaining for.

If it was just Mary Kat Chabot reporting it, I would question it a little more...but when Schefter verifies it, that worries me.

Who to roll with?

Jay Feely, an NFLPA exec, who explicitly described Gordon's case and how the PA was giving him equal terms as the others suspended (aka NO suspension)

or

MKC, Schef and some others who say 10 games.

It's a HUGE gap between reports.... Pretty strange

Who to roll with?

Jay Feely, an NFLPA exec, who explicitly described Gordon's case and how the PA was giving him equal terms as the others suspended (aka NO suspension)

or

They just said his 4th offense again on the NFL network

Who to roll with?

or

To be fair, I think we found enough wiggle room in Feely's statement for both parties to be correct.

Who to roll with?

or

Im not denying the existence of this 4th offense...

but why has it magically appeared today? what was it?

Who to roll with?

or

Im not denying the existence of this 4th offense...

but why has it magically appeared today? what was it?
Forgot to refill the coffee pot at the dealership

Michael Salfino @MichaelSalfino · now

Mort says 8 games "because Gordon has had other issues since the one positive test that put him in the year suspension." Go on.... Nothing.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Josh Gordon will be suspended ten games under the terms of the NFL's new drug policy.

Advice: It's two more games than expected, but at least Gordon will be available, technically, in Weeks 12-17 for the Browns. That assumes he makes no mistakes during the ten-game ban, and no more games are tacked on for his offseason DUI arrest. We suspect fantasy owners will have a tough time hanging onto Gordon as bye-week crunches set in, but it's certainly worth trying in 12- and 14-team leagues. Gordon was already suspended for Week 1, and the Browns' bye is in Week 4, so the projected return date is Week 12. Asked Friday whether he thinks Gordon will rejoin the Browns at any point this year, coach Mike Pettine responded "I'll believe it when I see it."

More: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

I propose we call the dealership and ask them to chime in on when he gives his 2 week notice. . . . .thats really the only way to know when he's coming back. Agree?

I'm such a hypocrite. 10 games vs 8 completely screws me on bye weeks.

I said Gordon owners should be happy if he's play at all this year.

I take it back. #### this ####.

Users who are viewing this thread