What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (11 Viewers)

Anyone starting him with confidence this week?  :lmao:

I'm still holding due to large rosters but bye weeks are coming and that might make it hurt a little more.

So...September 28th.  Based on that report from the guy on Reddit who knows a guy who is cousin's with the guy who was in rehab with Gordon...tomorrow is the day when the internet breaks, right?  Should we put the Dom in the refrigerator tonight?

So...September 28th.  Based on that report from the guy on Reddit who knows a guy who is cousin's with the guy who was in rehab with Gordon...tomorrow is the day when the internet breaks, right?  Should we put the Dom in the refrigerator tonight?
Why not, I'm sure it's already in Josh's fridge. ;)  

What will come first: This thread hits page 420, or Gordon gets reinstated? 

Let's give this thing a real go, guys. 

I bet Gordon doesn't kneel for the anthem. He will be too worried about rocking the boat. He may even sing and everything. Wear red, white and blue cleats and donate to the troops because he is a real American hero. 

For what it’s worth Josh Gordon is officially out of rehab. There are rumors (which I’m 99% sure are nonsense) from a couple of different sources on Twitter that he will be reinstated on the 29th...Again, I highly doubt these rumors are true, but they are suggesting picking up Gordon asap.

https://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Josh-Gordon-out-of-rehab-back-on-football-field-Cleveland-Browns-108093922
>>There have been no reports of Gordon re-applying for reinstatement.<<

PETITION

I hereby agree to not post in this thread unless there is verifiable news relating to Josh Gordon playing football in the NFL again.

1. King of the Jungle

2-100. Everyone else

Thanks in advance!

I'm in a league with 96 owners and there are 8 copies of Gordon available.  I just added him...not because I want him or think that he's worth anything...just wanted to send 95 other owner's scurrying looking for breaking news to explain why I picked him up.   :devil:

Pffft.  It's September 29th.  No verifiable reports of anything.  Where is that stupid Reddit guy whose cousin is friends with a guy who knows a guy that was in rehab with Gordon? 

At this point, is he just jerking everybody's chain?  Post a cryptic instagram picture lying on grass with a football next to him because he knows everybody will be wondering?  If Gordon was serious about coming back, why doesn't he just put out a public statement saying "I have submitted papers to be reinstated."  I really don't understand why all the cryptic messages.  Serious question here, and not looking for silly marijuana jokes.  Is he being handcuffed by the league and told that he can't say anything about his situation?  And if so, why?

Serious question here, and not looking for silly marijuana jokes.  Is he being handcuffed by the league and told that he can't say anything about his situation?  And if so, why?
My first thought was that he's likely trying to stay under the radar and be a "good boy." Full disclosure: I don't own Gordon in any of my leagues so I don't care one way or the other, but it does look like Gordon is living by the mantra "speak softly and carry a big stick." He's most likely just training with the hope of reinstatement, simple as that. 

Still no verifiable sources, but a few fantasy expert twitter handles are just starting to mention it. Found that interesting...

WaiverWired‏ @WaiverWired_  Sep 28

We have reason to believe that Josh Gordon will be reinstated within the week. Grab him NOW if he's still there. Not 100% sure but worth it

Brad Evans ‏Verified account @YahooNoise  1h1 hour ago

Josh Gordon reinstatement imminent? Rumors swirling. Worth a speculative add in deep leagues. Accumulated rust, but the UPSIDE!

Eric Cross‏ @EricCross04  1h1 hour ago

Hearing rumors of a potential Josh Gordon reinstatement coming soon. Upside warrants an add in deeper leagues. #FantasyFootball #Browns

FFN Mike Agrusa @FauxFBMike

As if today doesn’t feel enough like autumn, Josh Gordon reinstatement rumors swirling in the air. As is tradition.

1:49 PM - Sep 29, 2017

Still no verifiable sources, but a few fantasy expert twitter handles are just starting to mention it. Found that interesting...

We have reason to believe that Josh Gordon will be reinstated within the week. Grab him NOW if he's still there. Not 100% sure but worth it

Josh Gordon reinstatement imminent? Rumors swirling. Worth a speculative add in deep leagues. Accumulated rust, but the UPSIDE!

Hearing rumors of a potential Josh Gordon reinstatement coming soon. Upside warrants an add in deeper leagues. #FantasyFootball #Browns

As if today doesn’t feel enough like autumn, Josh Gordon reinstatement rumors swirling in the air. As is tradition.

It simply means that they are reading this thread.

I'd like to believe that Brad Evans on Yahoo has more connections than us Gordon fanboys, so hopefully the rumors are true.  But if his rumors are just Gordon's IG and Snapchats, then yeah, not worth much . Guess he is a hold for now.

Pffft.  It's September 29th.  No verifiable reports of anything.  Where is that stupid Reddit guy whose cousin is friends with a guy who knows a guy that was in rehab with Gordon? 

At this point, is he just jerking everybody's chain?  Post a cryptic instagram picture lying on grass with a football next to him because he knows everybody will be wondering?  If Gordon was serious about coming back, why doesn't he just put out a public statement saying "I have submitted papers to be reinstated."  I really don't understand why all the cryptic messages.  Serious question here, and not looking for silly marijuana jokes.  Is he being handcuffed by the league and told that he can't say anything about his situation?  And if so, why?
Serious answer.  Josh Gordon is probably not concerned with your fantasy football team.  If he did submit his reinstatement paperwork, I doubt he will hold a press conference to announce it.  I suspect it will be submitted.  Commissioner Goodell will take up to 60 days to review.  Then an announcement will be made either reinstating or rejecting the application.  Now info may leak out along the way, but we may hear nothing until the NFL makes their formal announcement announcing their decision.

I'd like to believe that Brad Evans on Yahoo has more connections than us Gordon fanboys, so hopefully the rumors are true.  But if his rumors are just Gordon's IG and Snapchats, then yeah, not worth much . Guess he is a hold for now.
Evans actually clarified later on:

Brad Evans‏Verified account @YahooNoise  2h2 hours ago

I honestly have no inside information. Would love to see him back on the field, however.

Roger @20Roger

Replying to @YahooNoise

Added Josh Gordon you really think he will play this year?

I think he personally doesn't have inside information, but maybe he's hearing indirect rumors in whatever network of contacts he's in. 

Serious answer.  Josh Gordon is probably not concerned with your fantasy football team.  If he did submit his reinstatement paperwork, I doubt he will hold a press conference to announce it.  I suspect it will be submitted.  Commissioner Goodell will take up to 60 days to review.  Then an announcement will be made either reinstating or rejecting the application.  Now info may leak out along the way, but we may hear nothing until the NFL makes their formal announcement announcing their decision.
Of course he cares. The inky people that have supported him and still believe in him are his fantasy owners. Even the Buena seemed to have given up on him. A press conference is esa y what he needs too. It will put public pressure on Goodell to make a speedy decision. A decision to finally give Gordon some justice after all that the NFL has put this young man through for smoking a J and maybe cannonballing it with a brewski. Meanwhile Brian Cushing Wil be back soon. And it can't be before Josh Gordon is back. That isn't justice. That is systematic racism at it'sworst and the NFL doesn't need that kind of attention. Not right now. Not ever.

9/29 guy will wake up tomorrow with as much credibility as 9/23 guy did when he woke up on 9/24.

NFL reporter buddy of mine tells me on good authority that this is happening.  Browns have something arranged.  Should be in the next 21 days.
If this dude had actual info, he'd skyrocket in popularity on Twitter and likely be on ESPN talking about this. 

NFL reporter buddy of mine tells me on good authority that this is happening.  Browns have something arranged.  Should be in the next 21 days.
Are we really to believe any "I know someone that knows somebody" report?  I get that there is a lack of information, but if this was truly news, don't you think one of the reliable NFL sources would have tweeted about it?  An NFL reporter is really going to keep this under wraps, choosing to remain behind the scenes rather than to try to break a story Adam Schefter style and take all the credit and gain the followers?  Yeah, uh huh.

I'm hoping for good news too, but if it takes 21 days for news to come out - that's another 4 missed games counting tomorrow, I'm not sure if I'm going to hang on until week 8 at the earliest.  If he gets traded, he needs another week or 2 to get acclimated.  So now perhaps week 10.

I'm as excited as the next guy at the possibility of having Gordon in my lineup, but if it's week 10, I might as well pick up David Johnson.

• Smile
Reactions: ATB
Are we really to believe any "I know someone that knows somebody" report?  I get that there is a lack of information, but if this was truly news, don't you think one of the reliable NFL sources would have tweeted about it?  An NFL reporter is really going to keep this under wraps, choosing to remain behind the scenes rather than to try to break a story Adam Schefter style and take all the credit and gain the followers?  Yeah, uh huh.

I'm hoping for good news too, but if it takes 21 days for news to come out - that's another 4 missed games counting tomorrow, I'm not sure if I'm going to hang on until week 8 at the earliest.  If he gets traded, he needs another week or 2 to get acclimated.  So now perhaps week 10.

I'm as excited as the next guy at the possibility of having Gordon in my lineup, but if it's week 10, I might as well pick up David Johnson.
I doubt what he posted has an credibility.

I find it hilarious that this topic has probably cost the FBG community hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in add/drop/trade fees.

painful, but hilarious. 

Why not believe them? They have no gain in lying about it. They only gain if the info ends up being true. This is a lock, imo. 

Why not believe them? They have no gain in lying about it. They only gain if the info ends up being true. This is a lock, imo. 
Anonymous reporters don't gain anything from their info being true.  If they really believed it, they would want their name all over it.

Anonymous reporters don't gain anything from their info being true.  If they really believed it, they would want their name all over it.
Sometimes there are legal obstacles that folks need to wait on before publicizing. I’ll leave it at that. 

Yeah, who is this new guy with no board rep, @Otis?  Call me when we have someone who's been here more than 20 years and has over 75,000 posts... or actually owns the board already.

Sometimes there are legal obstacles that folks need to wait on before publicizing. I’ll leave it at that. 

what sort of legal obstacles would a reporter need to wait on? i trust you. you've been around a long time here. but i'm curious about your phrasing there... i could see the NFL & gordon & browns asking a reporter to keep something quiet since gordon didn't handle reinstatement all that well last time. i can see a scenario where he's currently "conditionally reinstated" and will be allowed to join the team pending a few weeks of clean piss tests every couple hours.

but i can't see "legal obstacles" for a reporter.

thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread