What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (4 Viewers)

I snatched up Gordon they day he was reinstated, but now rethinking if someone like Chris Ivory, Chark West, or James Conner would be a better stash? 

in2win said:
That's why you pick him up and hold, it doesn't hurt to wait and see what he does.  I'm guessing your in an 8 team league and talented players like Gordon are all over your WW
But but but it might hurt your opponent lol

If an owner is going to play this guy in the playoffs if he does nothing of significance in weeks 13 and 14, then that owner was likely going to do something stupid anyways at WR or somewhere else. He's not a must start at all. A good owner will know what is best to do and live with the results, anyone can flake out any given week.

C'mon guys, the bait is like what, 3 or 4 years old now? How are people still getting hooked?
Gordon is a freak. Just clicked off a 4.3 40, at his size it's downright unfair. 

I don't know about anybody else, but I play fantasy to win the cash, I don't care how I get there. If Gordon makes an impact in those last few weeks, he can push you over the top if you have him. 

That's how I got hooked. 

Warhogs said:
87-1646-9 are historic numbers? 

That is a fine season, but historic?

1646 yards is 13th on the all time list which is impressive!

87 catches isn't in the top 200.

9 td isn't in the top 200 either.

I would say unquestionably 2013 was a very good season.
14 games son

Ojaays said:
Gordon is a freak. Just clicked off a 4.3 40, at his size it's downright unfair. 

I don't know about anybody else, but I play fantasy to win the cash, I don't care how I get there. If Gordon makes an impact in those last few weeks, he can push you over the top if you have him. 

That's how I got hooked. 
He ran a 4.52 on his Pro day. But yeah, Mary Kay Cabot says he ran a 4.3

:banned:

Ive been a football fan since 1967 & I’ve never, ever heard of a team timing a guy’s 40 other than draft evaluation. Is this something common that never gets talked about?

Do guys usually shave 0.22 off their time five years after they leave college?

Ive been a football fan since 1967 & I’ve never, ever heard of a team timing a guy’s 40 other than draft evaluation. Is this something common that never gets talked about?

I was reading somewhere and I believe it was the Panthers that hold events such as the 40 yard dash every year.  It sounded like a mini combine.  I am not sure how common it is though

Ojaays said:

That's how I got hooked. 
Gordon cost me cash when he came back a few years ago and I started him every game waiting for his old stats. I'm being more conservative this time. 

Unless I'm missing the joke.... Yes. Yesterday. 
I do not believe this is accurate information.

I had heard about a 4.35 during a recent training session, but didn't know he was timed this week.
I believe you to be accurate and the team did not test him, ran the alleged 4.3 forty  in Florida at the training facility.

I don't think so and did not happen in this instance either, see previous comment

I would say with some of the improved training methods that it's possible to shave a little time off, and maybe more than a little time if you are on a fast track, timer error, etc.  But on the flip side I remember a few years ago the NFL held a veterans combine and most of those players ran pitifully slower then at their college combine. Like I recall Felix Jones went from a sub 4.5 guy to around 4.8.

I would say with some of the improved training methods that it's possible to shave a little time off, and maybe more than a little time if you are on a fast track, timer error, etc.  But on the flip side I remember a few years ago the NFL held a veterans combine and most of those players ran pitifully slower then at their college combine. Like I recall Felix Jones went from a sub 4.5 guy to around 4.8.
That veteran's combine was for street FAs who didn't have a team. There was a preexisting bias for players who were at the bottom of the NFL talent barrel (whether due to age, injury, or poor work ethic). I think it's misleading to use the "not good enough for the NFL anymore" players to say what might be happening with a player like Gordon.

He readily admits that he used some substance almost every day in the NFL, and that probably included college and combine prep time. I'm pretty sure a re-dedicated clean (assumption) 26 yo elite-among-the-elite athlete can perform as well or better than he did while partying until 4 am and huffing paint before combine training.

That veteran's combine was for street FAs who didn't have a team. There was a preexisting bias for players who were at the bottom of the NFL talent barrel (whether due to age, injury, or poor work ethic). I think it's misleading to use the "not good enough for the NFL anymore" players to say what might be happening with a player like Gordon.

He readily admits that he used some substance almost every day in the NFL, and that probably included college and combine prep time. I'm pretty sure a re-dedicated clean (assumption) 26 yo elite-among-the-elite athlete can perform as well or better than he did while partying until 4 am and huffing paint before combine training.
I'm both fully aware of what the veteran combine was and simply relayed how a players tend to get slower.  That is not misleading, that is relaying factual information.

Stating that those players out of a job was due to injury, age or poor work ethic meanwhile is as misleading and not very factual at all.

I'm both fully aware of what the veteran combine was and simply relayed how a players tend to get slower.  That is not misleading, that is relaying factual information.

Stating that those players out of a job was due to injury, age or poor work ethic meanwhile is as misleading and not very factual at all.
Felix Jones hadn't played in 2014 and the vet combine was in 2015; Jones never played another down in the NFL because he fell off the talent cliff. Here is a list of participants, so you are right in a way, that in addition to the few NFL talents who dropped off a cliff due to age, injury, or lack of work ethic, it's also includes quite a few never-had-the-talent-to-succeed-in-the-NFL players.

That said, this is a Josh Gordon thread, and it seems reasonable that a clean 26 year old Gordon might be in better shape than the 20 year old Gordon who was likely high during his training sessions and maybe even the combine. Do you disagree with that premise?

Son, this kid is Fast.Stop your bickering.

Gotta start building hype in case the browns just cut him.

Non-combine 40s are about as accurate as most guys penis measurements.

Picked him up dropping Emmanuel Sanders in a standard scoring league.

I wasn't going to start sanders so figured why not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of what Gordon ran, he plays very fast.

Remember, the 40-yard dash is essentially a track event. Bigger guys with outstanding top end speed like Gordon play faster than their 40 would indicate (whatever it is).

Man...the Gordon fan here is cracking out all his aliases. Careful of listening to anything that fan says in regards to Gordon, there has never been such a blind homer of a player on this board. Now, people are allowed to be homers, but I am sure most know that this type is a little different. If a guy so obsessed with Gordon cant bring himself to say a bad thing about a guy who has had this many mistakes...how can you trust anything he says, that and he has multiple alias to jump on the Gordon train. Just want those digesting info to fully understand. Remember how many times this guy said he wouldnt be suspended, and was? What also bothers me, is how can a guy be so obsessed with a player after one year that was 4 years ago? This type of homerism should be made an example of, not condoned as new people to the thread might not understand his clearly extreme bias lean.

Scooping and starting a guy who has been out of the league as long as he has and starting him for fantasy playoffs is careless at the very least and preposterous at most. Regardless of his results, to insert him in the lineup is screaming of fantasy inexperience.

He is eligible to play week 13, right?  Thats the last week of the regular season for me.  I'm on pace for a week 14 bye so ill have two weeks to see if he is even a shell of himself.  If he steps into some high percentage of himself, then ive added a top wr for free right at the most important time of the season.  If not, no biggie.

Man...the Gordon fan here is cracking out all his aliases. Careful of listening to anything that fan says in regards to Gordon, there has never been such a blind homer of a player on this board. Now, people are allowed to be homers, but I am sure most know that this type is a little different. If a guy so obsessed with Gordon cant bring himself to say a bad thing about a guy who has had this many mistakes...how can you trust anything he says, that and he has multiple alias to jump on the Gordon train. Just want those digesting info to fully understand. Remember how many times this guy said he wouldnt be suspended, and was? What also bothers me, is how can a guy be so obsessed with a player after one year that was 4 years ago? This type of homerism should be made an example of, not condoned as new people to the thread might not understand his clearly extreme bias lean.

Scooping and starting a guy who has been out of the league as long as he has and starting him for fantasy playoffs is careless at the very least and preposterous at most. Regardless of his results, to insert him in the lineup is screaming of fantasy inexperience.
Who are the aliases in your opinion?

He is eligible to play week 13, right?  Thats the last week of the regular season for me.  I'm on pace for a week 14 bye so ill have two weeks to see if he is even a shell of himself.  If he steps into some high percentage of himself, then ive added a top wr for free right at the most important time of the season.  If not, no biggie.
Care to elaborate?  I cant imagine like the best real World scenario. However, lets say his first game he more or less suits up.. Maybe sees field on one, maybe two designated plays, not counting garbage Times (Browns 2nd half?) What about second game, He doesn't start but actually plays some, and manage to make an amazing "play". So after the game Coach says "JG will be more involved in upcoming games"...  You starting him that 3rd week?

Care to elaborate?  I cant imagine like the best real World scenario. However, lets say his first game he more or less suits up.. Maybe sees field on one, maybe two designated plays, not counting garbage Times (Browns 2nd half?) What about second game, He doesn't start but actually plays some, and manage to make an amazing "play". So after the game Coach says "JG will be more involved in upcoming games"...  You starting him that 3rd week?
No.  

Like I said I'm using weeks 13 and 14 to gauge it.  If he plays a few snaps and doesn't produce, then I won't start him.  If he shows some semblance of his former self, then I'll consider it.  My WR corps consists of starting 2 of Marquis Lee, Amari Cooper and Devante Parker.  Wouldn't be hard for Gordon to supplant a couple of those guys.

Not a single alias. Not one.

Feel free to ask mods to look into that, if you'd like. And if they find even ONE, ban me. Permanently

I'm actually somewhat aghast/offended by that claim, WheelsUp.

I mean... folks know what they're getting from me, homerism. I'm a Browns fan. and a JG fan. I've never hid this. What I say in this thread is 50% schtick and 50% honest homerism. 

You're getting worked up over some dudes having a laugh on a website for slobs who dont have the ability to play real football, themselves. 

I dunno... I dont get it. Aliases. :lol:  What do I need an alias for? 

Not a single alias. Not one.

Feel free to ask mods to look into that, if you'd like. And if they find even ONE, ban me. Permanently

I hereby solemnly vow the following for Week 15:

I, Soul Caleb Fly III, hereby vow that if Josh Gordon does not end his week 15 game with at least 100yds and a TD (if, and only if Johnny Manziel starts), I will never post again in this thread.

I will leave behind a near half year of memories, and bury them with my heart. You have my word.

Signed,

Soul Caleb Fly III

December 8, 2014.
#NeverForget

Yeah, I'm calling BS on all of this but then again I'm high AF.

Users who are viewing this thread