What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (8 Viewers)

This is the week.

The week anyone who’s rostered him holds their breath.

this week. 

Guaranteed there’s a 2:1 sale on lap dances at the titty bar this week. Flyers from the local medical marijuana dispensary left in Gordon’s mailbox advertising a bong giveaway with every purchase.

Every temptation imaginable will be staring Gordon in the face - and this is the week he has to be strong.

this is the week that in the past, he’s failed so many times. 

If he’s on the field Sunday, he’ll have passed the test. While I post this tongue in cheek, I really am rooting for the dude. 

But no question this is the hardest week. We are not out of the woods yet. Not until he’s standing on the field in cleats when the coin toss happens. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope he makes it. Catching a football would be icing on the cake for him. I'm a big fan of seeing people's lives redeemed and put back together changed, and I think deep down inside, we all want that for our fellow man. Stand strong, Gordon. And get some people of character and deep faith close to you if you haven't already, or you won't make it.

My squad is waning.  Its now or never and I fully expect Gordon to either save my season, starting this week, or being its demise.  Either way, the mere chance that he can do what I think he can do, makes him an auto start moving forward.  

All I want for Christmas is for Josh Gordon to score a touchdown and have 40+ yards on the Browns opening drive. I don't care if he catches another pass this year, but stepping outside if you live any where in North America and actually seeing Soulfly's head explode into the air, would be awesome. 

Duke is a pass catching back. Crow is the runner. 

Not  sure where you're going w this. Gordon is a record setter. Let's leave Duke in his average bubble
Been hearing all year how they are going to get Duke more involved with more touches.  He plays 50% of the time, but isn't utilized properly.

I really just don't believe much of what I hear out of Hue's mouth anymore.  It's full of ####.

But I do believe JG is going to play alot, so that's what he has going for him.

I also disagree with your assessment of Duke being simply a pass catching (3rd down) back.  He's shown the ability to run the ball on any down when given the chance.  I'm not saying he's a workhorse back, he's just underutilized to the maximum degree.  

I wonder what might happen with Josh Gordon in this weeks game? Three catches for 42 yards or seven catches for 142 yards and two TD's? Prolly somewhere near the floor, eh?

Tremblay doesn't even have him in his rankings, does he? I couldn't find where Gordon was ranked.

Soulfly3 said:
#Browns Hue Jackson says he "big plans'' for Josh Gordon. Plans to play him vs #Chargers and "play him a lot."
Good luck with that. The Chargers have a top 5 pass defense with both a great pass rush and great corners - PFF ranks the Chargers top 3 corners as #1 (Hayward), #12 (King), and #13 (Williams) out of 171 graded CBs and ranks the Chargers top 2 DEs as #3 (Bosa) and #7 (Ingram) out of 163 graded edge defenders. If the Chargers perceive Gordon as the Browns' #1 WR, they might have Hayward shadow him.

Good luck with that. The Chargers have a top 5 pass defense with both a great pass rush and great corners - PFF ranks the Chargers top 3 corners as #1 (Hayward), #12 (King), and #13 (Williams) out of 171 graded CBs and ranks the Chargers top 2 DEs as #3 (Bosa) and #7 (Ingram) out of 163 graded edge defenders. If the Chargers perceive Gordon as the Browns' #1 WR, they might have Hayward shadow him.
Shades of "Talib will shadow him"... 

A few things about Josh Gordon’s imminent return

1/ The way the Browns are talking Gordon up and using their social media accounts (their Twitter account looked like a trailer for a new Rocky movie when Gordon took the field a couple of weeks ago, seriously all it needed was the Gonna Fly Now theme song to make it complete) to hype Gordon. I’m convinced they are going to use him and use him often. I think that they think he is ready.

2/ Josh Gordon is a troubled, but very smart/articulate kid. People make mistakes and Gordon has clearly made his share, but I think he finally understands that this is his last chance and will be totally invested in his game.

3/ By all accounts he has looked great in practice

4/ He’s still only 26 years old. Not even in his prime years. He has plenty of time to turn his life/career around

5/ Josh Gordon is a Randy Moss/Calvin Johnson level talent. Truly a generational player...With all due respect to Corey Coleman (who the experts say is a better pickup than Gordon) he is not in the same league talent wise as Josh Gordon (not many people are) Gordon is too talented not to be on fantasy football rosters...I think Gordon steps in and within two weeks (just in time for fantasy playoffs) is clearly the #1 option in CLV

The bottom line to me is that If he is truly mentally and physically healthy (all reports suggest that he is well) I’m convinced that he will make an immediate impact in all formats. I think a lot of people in the fantasy community are really underestimating his potential for the rest of the season. If I were you, I would run, not walk to the WW and grab Josh Gordon where he is available. Gordon could be “that player” who wins fantasy SB’s this season...Don’t sleep on Josh Gordon

A few things about Josh Gordon’s imminent return

1/ The way the Browns are talking Gordon up and using their social media accounts (their Twitter account looked like a trailer for a new Rocky movie when Gordon took the field a couple of weeks ago, seriously all it needed was the Gonna Fly Now theme song to make it complete) to hype Gordon. I’m convinced they are going to use him and use him often. I think that they think he is ready.

2/ Josh Gordon is a troubled, but very smart/articulate kid. People make mistakes and Gordon has clearly made his share, but I think he finally understands that this is his last chance and will be totally invested in his game.

3/ By all accounts he has looked great in practice

4/ He’s still only 26 years old. Not even in his prime years. He has plenty of time to turn his life/career around

5/ Josh Gordon is a Randy Moss/Calvin Johnson level talent. Truly a generational player...With all due respect to Corey Coleman (who the experts say is a better pickup than Gordon) he is not in the same league talent wise as Josh Gordon (not many people are) Gordon is too talented not to be on fantasy football rosters...I think Gordon steps in and within two weeks (just in time for fantasy playoffs) is clearly the #1 option in CLV

The bottom line to me is that If he is truly mentally and physically healthy (all reports suggest that he is well) I’m convinced that he will make an immediate impact in all formats. I think a lot of people in the fantasy community are really underestimating his potential for the rest of the season. If I were you, I would run, not walk to the WW and grab Josh Gordon where he is available. Gordon could be “that player” who wins fantasy SB’s this season...Don’t sleep on Josh Gordon

Same tune as two years ago.

With Coleman back, and Gordon coming back I get this image of the Cleveland offense as a M4 Sherman tank in a world war 2 movie. We are watching in anticipation as the the turret slowly turns towards its panzer target.
Well, we did lose ten Shermans for every Panther or Tiger. So I kind of picture the Browns as a Sherman too.

What's the over/under for Kizer's availability against that pass rush? 1st series, maybe 2nd... then off to the blue tent.

How do we like the Kessler-to-Gordon connection?

just remember to take everything Hue says with a grain of salt at this point.  

he is desperate for any sort of spark that could lead to a win.  

I continued to be amazed by what some are offended by on these boards, meanwhile, they are very tolerant of the most obvious shtick on the entire site in this very thread.

Gordon is a risky start this week, next week he has a better matchup and we will have a better feel of what he can do still after seeing him this week, regardless of the blind rhetoric.

You act like knowing it is, justifies it. But go on with it, seems to have you guys in a world of fun. I'll try to sift through it for the Gordon news.

I usually roll through my leagues Tuesday morning and set lineups.  Felt real good just now actually putting Josh Gordon in some lineups.

His last two games returning from a suspension he posted 10/146/1 and 8/120. Sure it was a few years ago but I'll provide an example from another sport of a young prodigy who missed 3 years between games. Joel Embid, sat out 3 years and posted a solid 20 points, 7 boards and 2 blocks in his debut. Magic was off like 5 years with HIV and almost had a triple double in his return. Yes NBA is a totally different sport of course and does not take as long to integrate with teammates so easy to argue it's easier to get up to speed with teammates. But in these two examples Magic was an old guy at this point plus dealing with HIV and Embid had never played in an NBA game. Point is when you are a prodigy, the normal rules don't apply to you.

Can't think of many NFL examples but Tim Hightower is one that comes to mind. For sure likely easier for a RB to acclimate than a WR but his first game he got carries in over 5 years he had 11/46 and few weeks later when they needed him he helped a lot of people win championships.

You act like knowing it is, justifies it. But go on with it, seems to have you guys in a world of fun. I'll try to sift through it for the Gordon news.
You’ll sift this topic for news? :rolleyes:  

You do realize there are websites out there that exist specifically to report player and team news, right?

And every occasionally someone posts news here. No one really “breaks news” at FBG, other than the rare obscure link.

there’s actually a rotoworld update on Gordon right now as I type this. It’s an exciting one, too! Maybe you should sift rotoworld? 

Or have you tried “the google” for news? Because clearly you’re way too good for this topic/forum as you very seriously call people out for a schtick while seeemingly hundreds of us enjoy it to the tune of 420 pages. 

There seems to be some hooligans outside your place playing loud music. OMG one of them is standing on your lawn! :o  

better go shake a fist at them, quickly!  :rant:

I usually roll through my leagues Tuesday morning and set lineups.  Felt real good just now actually putting Josh Gordon in some lineups.

His last two games returning from a suspension he posted 10/146/1 and 8/120. Sure it was a few years ago but I'll provide an example from another sport of a young prodigy who missed 3 years between games. Joel Embid, sat out 3 years and posted a solid 20 points, 7 boards and 2 blocks in his debut. Magic was off like 5 years with HIV and almost had a triple double in his return. Yes NBA is a totally different sport of course and does not take as long to integrate with teammates so easy to argue it's easier to get up to speed with teammates. But in these two examples Magic was an old guy at this point plus dealing with HIV and Embid had never played in an NBA game. Point is when you are a prodigy, the normal rules don't apply to you.

Can't think of many NFL examples but Tim Hightower is one that comes to mind. For sure likely easier for a RB to acclimate than a WR but his first game he got carries in over 5 years he had 11/46 and few weeks later when they needed him he helped a lot of people win championships.
I’m starting him over hit & miss Ted Ginn. We’ll see if it pans out - my playoff hopes are pinned on it as I’m tied for the division lead. 

Story

Interesting read. Not sure it instills a ton of confidence in him being able to continue to overcome...but I wish him the best of luck. Looking forward to seeing him on the field again.

I think he will get a lot of targets.  Its just a matter of how efficient he is and what he is able to do after he catches it.

Did any of those other examples play for the Browns?

Story

Interesting read. Not sure it instills a ton of confidence in him being able to continue to overcome...but I wish him the best of luck. Looking forward to seeing him on the field again.
Particularly the part about his business manager making himself the focal point on selling the Josh Gordon reclamation story.  Very questionable indeed.

Some team that won more than 1.4 games a season.
Do you think that maybe the fact they had an awesome WR might have had something to do with that? Their leading rusher had 377 yards. Their #2 WR had 465 yards. The defense ranked 23rd in points allowed. They had Jason Campbell, Brandon Weeden, and Brian Hoyer at QB. And it's not like they were even mediocre; they went 4-12.

This year's Browns team ranks 25th in passing yardage and their leading WR has 322 yards. I think it's safe to say they could have won one or two of their three 3-point losses if they replaced Ricardo Louis (or is it Louis Ricardo?) with 2013's Josh Gordon. 

So it seems his manager is a good dude to have around him at this stage, someone does need to hush Josh up in his interviews. BTW, there is a dude in a previous post defending shtick and attacking the guy trying to get people to stop tolerating the tired shtick. Thats where we are at I guess. lol "How dare you criticize the shtick."

Anyways, prediction for this week 4/59/0. Next week vs GB, 7/88/1

Users who are viewing this thread