What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (11 Viewers)

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said, "it's probably not gonna be this week," when asked when Josh Gordon would play.

Reid added, "it's gonna take awhile." Fantasy managers who were excited for the return of Gordon will have to wait a few weeks. Because of that, he can remain off all but the deepest of rosters. Gordon's upside with Patrick Mahomes is intriguing but a consistent role within the offense is still far from guaranteed. He'll be worth stashing in all leagues once he gets closer to his debut with the Chiefs but the cost of his roster spot is too much for teams with modest bench sizes to pay. 

SOURCE: Adam Teicher on Twitter

Sep 29, 2021, 2:18 PM ET

This guy? Again? Really? Like.....how many chances? He had one season to speak of correct? 

Lord. Move on. The League should be moving on. Mind blowing he still get’s signed....every single time with the same result. The definition of insane is doing the same thing expecting a different result. I don’t think I have ever seen a guy get this many chances......and continue to blow em. Every single time.

Worth stashing in leagues? LMFAO based on? 

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy? Again? Really? Like.....how many chances? He had one season to speak of correct? 

Lord. Move on. The League should be moving on. Mind blowing he still get’s signed....every single time with the same result. The definition of insane is doing the same thing expecting a different result. I don’t think I have ever seen a guy get this many chances......and continue to blow em. Every single time.

Well, he's no Steve Howe...oh wait

:fishy:

i took the bait  in  a dynasty league.  hoping he gets on the filed and shows just enough promise to get a 3rd for in him in a trade. :shrug:  

He's the Gamestop of the NFL

I had Gordon from the start. Held onto him for years. It felt good to let him go. I didn't think twice about picking him up again.

But as a Chiefs fan, I'm on board.

Worth the gamble because it's the Chiefs. Plus it would be nice to have a piece of that offense again after stupidly trading away Tyreek for practically nothing when I thought child abuse meant he was done in the league and then this year trading Kelce away. Not really expecting anything but can you imagine if it did actually hit?

Worth the gamble because it's the Chiefs. Plus it would be nice to have a piece of that offense again after stupidly trading away Tyreek for practically nothing when I thought child abuse meant he was done in the league and then this year trading Kelce away. Not really expecting anything but can you imagine if it did actually hit?

I picked him up in a few places. Said I wouldn't but then he signed with the chiefs. Hill and Kelce are great but the rest sucks, almost no competition and he gets to play with Mahomes. 

I can imagine lots of things.

Yeah he's gotten a boatload of chances and played with some great QBs too, Brady and Wilson, now Mahomes. If they all still wanted him, maybe you should too. Same as Brady wanting A.Brown. Off field stuff aside, these WR can still ball. Home run hitters always get more chances than they deserve.

Agree many times over. And then a few more times.

Yeah he's gotten a boatload of chances and played with some great QBs too, Brady and Wilson, now Mahomes. If they all still wanted him, maybe you should too. Same as Brady wanting A.Brown. Off field stuff aside, these WR can still ball. Home run hitters always get more chances than they deserve.
As far as trusting a QB wanting a WR - Aaron Rodgers wanted Jake Kumerow and a washed up Randall Cobb.  So, I'd take their input with a grain of salt. 

LOL!!!! Come on......AB has had a great career. Don't compare this guy to AB.....really? 

I put in a claim and stashed him in my dynasty. I think there were 2-3 other claims. I have Tyreek so Gordon is also a slight injury hedge for me. (Assuminy he picks up the offense.)

In my other dynasty with $100 FAAB we went for $101. No other bids. 

How many guys get to play with Brady, Wilson, and now Mahomes? All three teams had a need for a WR2 and JG didn’t exactly light things up at the first two of those.  

I’m doubtful he will do much, but his acquisition costs are close to nothing at this point. I generally save a roster spot for guys to see how they do. At this point, why not?

If Mahomes can make Demarcus Robinson look like a star for short stretches than Gordon could produce. He potentially provides what the Chiefs lack from the receiver position…a big body who can make plays down the field. Sounds like a good match for Pat to me. However, there is a obvious huge BUT. Mental and physical shape are big question marks for Gordon. Good dice roll for the Chiefs and FF teams if the room is available. 

How many guys get to play with Brady, Wilson, and now Mahomes? All three teams had a need for a WR2 and JG didn’t exactly light things up at the first two of those.  

I’m doubtful he will do much, but his acquisition costs are close to nothing at this point. I generally save a roster spot for guys to see how they do. At this point, why not?
####. Yes. It is basically free. I can't even believe I am considering this....

"Yeah, I'm signing with the Chiefs"

-It must be nice to not do anything that shows you really care about much and still just flop your way on to teams with great QBs and still throw up pedestrian numbers. And the last time I watched him and he could actually make a few moves, it felt like he might get hurt any moment to boot and that was the scary part. He can't possibly be in real football shape for the NFL and Reid said it's gonna be a while so i would check their Bye week schedule, also of note, Lev Bell did NOTHING on this team and they needed him in the worst way at times last season and that dude could not produce, he also took a YEAR OFF and Gordon has missed the better part of several years now, 30 yrs old, turn the page already, shocked that Goodell allows teams to even sign him at this point. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Tyreke but I got Juju, Beckham and Allen and Renfrow. Probably might be a good pick up in case Cheetah gets hurt but I already used one of those spots on Alex Mattison to handcuff Cook and with only 6 bench spots hard to do 

Chiefs promoted WR Josh Gordon from the practice squad.

Assuming he's active, Sunday night will be Gordon's first NFL game since Week 15 of the 2019 season. The 30-year-old struggled to separate himself from D.K. Metcalf and Tyler Lockett then, averaging 2.2 targets per game in five appearances with Seattle, but does arrive on Kansas City's roster with minimal competition behind Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. Gordon is also reportedly in "incredible shape" ahead of his debut. He should remain stashed in fantasy leagues until his role is made apparent.

SOURCE: Taylor Bisciotti on Twitter

Oct 5, 2021, 2:09 PM ET

Adam Teicher @adamteicher

Andy Reid said there's a chance Josh Gordon could play on Sunday night against the Bills. Wants to make sure Gordon understands the offense.
Ahh, the fly in the ointment. 

Wish I was kidding since I took a what-the-heck flyer on him.  Maybe they will limit his route tree and he can give a taste of what he did back in ....

OMYG I just looked it up and he had one big season.  I thought it was 2016 but his big year was in 2013.  He was a rookie in 2012, WOW.  

Realistically, this may just be the safest week to place him in your lineup.

Reid will do the Belichick thing...the outcast's first game back, he'll make sure Gordon gets some catches and will really be trying to get him in the end zone if they can do it without going way off the game script. Get his confidence up quickly, make him feel like he's a part of the team.

Users who are viewing this thread