What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In my bedroom at 3 a.m. this morning... (1 Viewer)

EPILOGUE:

I slammed the front door shut and went down the hall to relay the news of victory to Mrs. Karpis. I expected applause, a relieved embrace, the adoration of a thankful spouse...but, wait...what's this???

Mrs. Karpis: "Are you sure you got it this time?"

Karpis: :mellow:

Mrs. Karpis: "I mean, did you actually see it fly off?"

Karpis: "Well, not exactly...but I know it was in the net...it had to be."

So out to the front yard we go to inspect net.

No bat in the net.

I honestly don't remember if I threw the net out the door mouth up or down, so the bat may have had a rather easy time extracting itself. Like I said before, the net didn't look to be something that could contain the bat for more than just a few seconds.

I believe the bat is gone for good. I want to think if it had somehow freed itself in those short few moments I would have seen it fly into the house. I want to believe that.

But as I've laid down to bed each of the past few nights, I discreetly slide the net under my bed. Just in case.
Awesome!

For your sake, I hope you never see another bat in your house.

For our sakes, I hope you see another bat in your house.

EPILOGUE:

I slammed the front door shut and went down the hall to relay the news of victory to Mrs. Karpis. I expected applause, a relieved embrace, the adoration of a thankful spouse...but, wait...what's this???

No bat in the net.
Loomis rushes to Laurie and bends down beside her. For a moment she just cries in his arms, sobbing hysterically.

Then she looks up at him with a glazed, wild expression.

LAURIE

It was the Boogeyman...

Loomis looks down at her, then up at the shattered window

at the end of the hall.

LOOMIS

As a matter of fact it was.

He walks slowly down to the window and peers out.

LOOMIS' POV -- BACKYARD

He looks down at the spot where Michael should be, but

there is nothing there, just a trampled patch in the grass.

ANGLE ON LOOMIS

He stares down with a growing fear, then looks out from

the house.

LOOMIS' POV

The backyard, the neighboring yards, the street, all are

empty, quiet, dark. There is only the SOUND of the wind

swelling in the trees.

Michael is gone.

FADE TO BLACK.

ROLL END TITLES.

THE END

EPILOGUE:

No bat in the net.
Loomis rushes to Laurie and bends down beside her. For a moment she just cries in his arms, sobbing hysterically.

Then she looks up at him with a glazed, wild expression.

LAURIE

It was the Boogeyman...

Loomis looks down at her, then up at the shattered window

at the end of the hall.

LOOMIS

As a matter of fact it was.

He walks slowly down to the window and peers out.

LOOMIS' POV -- BACKYARD

He looks down at the spot where Michael should be, but

there is nothing there, just a trampled patch in the grass.

ANGLE ON LOOMIS

He stares down with a growing fear, then looks out from

the house.

LOOMIS' POV

The backyard, the neighboring yards, the street, all are

empty, quiet, dark. There is only the SOUND of the wind

swelling in the trees.

Michael is gone.

FADE TO BLACK.

ROLL END TITLES.

THE END
classic :thumbup:

'Black Sunshine said:
Well, you got one of them. How many of his brothers and sisters are lurking in the shadows seeking revenge for your eviction?
He got in once, he'll get in again and be reunited with his brothers and sisters.

Despite my split-second euphoria, I still was terrified of the convulsing, possibly rabid creature just an arms-length away. Rather than flip net and admire my catch, I reverted back to my gut instinct...which is to act like a 3rd grade girl. :lmao:

Without thinking, I threw the entire net straight out the door, into the front yard. The last image I have before slamming the front door closed was of the net skipping across the lawn like a stone across a pond. As the net flew over the front porch, the bat's frantic squeak was the sweet sound of victory I had been waiting so long to hear.
:shrug: You got him! Probably. So it seems. Maybe.

I'm sorry but for this entire thread of been cheering for the bat!! I don't know why either.

But I hope the bat comes back and he's more pissed off than ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry but for this entire thread of been cheering for the bat!! I hope he comes back and he's more pissed off than ever.
I support the bat, but unlike most of the sadistic killers hungry for blood in the FFA, it appears Ray is more interested in victory and resolving the struggle than blood lust, so I'm not rooting against either side. If the bat returns, it means fate has decided that that battle isn't over until death claims one of the combatants, in which case I'd root for Ray since he at least tried to spare its life the first go-round.

I'm sorry but for this entire thread of been cheering for the bat!! I hope he comes back and he's more pissed off than ever.
I support the bat, but unlike most of the sadistic killers hungry for blood in the FFA, it appears Ray is more interested in victory and resolving the struggle than blood lust, so I'm not rooting against either side. If the bat returns, it means fate has decided that that battle isn't over until death claims one of the combatants, in which case I'd root for Ray since he at least tried to spare its life the first go-round.
Thanks for acknowledging the tenderness of my efforts, GB.Probably could have a left a bloody smear above the mantle if I was that kinda guy.

No way I can top that storytelling, but I did battle with one of these little pests this morning.

Background for context: About three weeks ago I knocked myself out and got a concussion. Symptoms stuck around for a while and I finally went to the doctor early this week. Post-concussion syndrome, but no bleeding or anything like that. In the process of knocking myself out I also sprained my neck, for which they prescribed me some muscle relaxers which I'm supposed to take three times a day and which make me quite loopy.

So...

I struggle to get going this morning thanks to the meds. I take the first muscle relaxer of the day around 8:30. About 10 a.m. I get out of the shower and go into my bedroom to get dressed and head to work. I drop my towel on the bed and reach for my boxers when something suddenly comes flying in from the next room and buzzes my head. Like the good Mr. Karpis, my first reaction is to scream Jesus Chri-i-i-i-issstttt in a voice I've never heard myself make before. Yes, it turns out these things can turn us into 12-year-old girls. So I'm standing there naked as the day I was born, concussed, heart beating out of my chest, dizzy as a blond on a Gravitron, and with one hand covering my junk in case he makes a play for my genital region, trying to locate the little *******. There's a door in the bedroom leading directly outside, so I grab a pair of shorts and prop it open. As I step back into the room he buzzes the tower again and I do a ninja-roll across the room through the doorway leading into the rest of the apartment. I shut the door behind me and look through the window to see if I can find him. I spot him sitting on the bed.

Now, my dilemma at this point is that I don't have a weapon handy, but if I go to get one (I'm thinking a broom) I'm going to lose sight of him and I'll never know if he went out the door. I grab an old pair of shoes sitting on the floor next to me. I open the door slightly and toss a shoe at the bed hoping it will get him flying again and he'll head outside. Instead, he takes off from the bed, flies right toward me, then veers off and perches on the wall right next to the open door. I'm down to my last bullet shoe, and I know I have to make the next toss count. I fling it toward him and he takes off, circles around a couple times, and finally finds the open door and heads out to freedom.

The funniest part, to me, is that when he buzzed me the first time and I realized I had a bat in the apartment my first thought was "holy crap, this is just like that dude in the FFA!"

"and with one hand covering my junk in case he makes a play for my genital region, trying to locate the little *******."

This statement made me laugh. I'm not sure what little ******* he was talking about.

Also, I'm wondering where you people live that bats are taking over your homes?

Had something similar. Was walking down the hallway to the bathroom when I saw something on the wall about 8 feet up. It was about 3 inches or so across and round looking. Get closer to determine what it was. My first instinct was mouse until I saw the size and shape. Two feet away I finally figured out it was a bat. I got my 5 y.o.'s little butterfly net and tried to scrape it off the popcorn wall. Took some effort and a hell of alot of squeeking from the bat but finally got it in the net and set it outside the window. When it took wing I was surprised how big the sucker was. Had to be a good 20 inches across. That was about 18 months ago and haven't seen one since - I was afraid it was roosting with others in the attic but didn't find any.

:lmao: Great thread. I have an old tv aerial next to my house. I am going to put a bat "house" at the top next spring. Better they live there than in my house.

My parents still think I was high on something good when a similar story gets brought up about me. I was in high school so it was probably about 18yrs ago. My bedroom was the entire upstairs of a bungalow, so it was long and narrow. I woke up in the middle of the night to something ramming into my window about 8 feet away from me. I turned on a little lamp on the nightstand next to me and figured out it was a ####### bat flying back and forth long ways across the room. There was a window on each end of the room. I was pretty terrified as I had to slither all the way across the flying zone to get to the stairs. It wasn't flying all the time once I got the light on, but it was just hanging there from the ceiling in the middle of the room for a good portion of my escape. I got downstairs finally and woke up my parents to tell them there was a bat upstairs. They didn't even get out of their damn bed! I slept on the couch downstairs and there was no sign of the bat ever again. I tried to locate the entry point with my dad the next day, which probably hurt my case, and the only thing that seemed possible was a very small opening between a wall and a ceiling tile not too far from the window near my bed. I probably drank some beers or smoked some pot that night, but that bat was as real as it gets...no doubt about it.

Karpis >> Did you try and leave a bunch of windows open and lights off for the bat to fly out of at night? I did that last night. The exterminator who my landlady called came over this morning and said he is 99.9% sure the bat flew out on his own last night.

Though this ####### exterminator seemed more afraid of the bat than me (ok maybe similarly afraid). The way he was poking around with a broom and flashlight this morning looked similar to the video you posted. So he might've just been saying that so he wouldn't have to deal with it.

Think I figured out how mine go in. The girl in the apartment next door came home at 1:30 am and it was in her apartment. It flew out into the hallway and she shut her door and, I guess, went to bed. It must have flown in to my apartment in the half inch or so gap under the door. Probably was in there for about 8 hours before the wretch made his move. On the upside, this past Friday was Day 14 and I haven't gone full zombie from the rabies yet. I'm thinking I might be in the clear.

Last weekend I was at a BBQ with my girlfriend and her three infectious disease co-fellows. First time I ever met them but they had all heard the story the week before. We're making the usual small talk and one of them asks about Event: Bat and they start talking about the rabies. By the time we left I had convinced myself there was some kind of pool going.

Think I figured out how mine go in. The girl in the apartment next door came home at 1:30 am and it was in her apartment. It flew out into the hallway and she shut her door and, I guess, went to bed. It must have flown in to my apartment in the half inch or so gap under the door. Probably was in there for about 8 hours before the wretch made his move. On the upside, this past Friday was Day 14 and I haven't gone full zombie from the rabies yet. I'm thinking I might be in the clear.Last weekend I was at a BBQ with my girlfriend and her three infectious disease co-fellows. First time I ever met them but they had all heard the story the week before. We're making the usual small talk and one of them asks about Event: Bat and they start talking about the rabies. By the time we left I had convinced myself there was some kind of pool going.
Once the patient becomes symptomatic, treatment is almost never effective and mortality is over 99%.
Seems best to wait it out and see if symptoms develop before heading in to get checked :thumbup: I'm not so sure you're in the clear yet:
The incubation period of the disease is usually a few months in humans, depending on the distance the virus must travel to reach the central nervous system.[2] Once the rabies virus reaches the central nervous system and symptoms begin to show, the infection is effectively untreatable and usually fatal within days.

I was sound asleep in my bedroom at 3 a.m. this morning when something roused me. Not aroused me. Roused me. It was very faint...not loud enough to even fully wake me up at first. I drifted in and out of sleep for several minutes, but I sensed a disturbance in the force. Finally, I came to enough to realize I was hearing a light rustling or fluttering sound in the room. I laid in bed for a minute to get my bearings and try to figure out what I was hearing. I grabbed my glasses off the nightstand and stood up, but everything was quiet. I crept over to the pullchain on the ceiling fan to turn on the overhead light. Took a second or two for my eyes to adjust. I glanced around quickly, but nothing. Then suddenly, I heard the fluttering, look up and saw it. A mother####### bat. :eek:
I would burn the house down.
:lmao:

Bat-free...going on 3 years.

My current battle is with a few carpenter bees on my patio. Little bastards are eating up my house above my windows. I tried to swat one with a broom and shattered a window. True story.
I successfully killed to carpenter bees last week, who had the balls to eat my kids swingset.

WRONG MOVE ############

Users who are viewing this thread