What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**The Official Randall 'touchdown robber' Cobber Bandwagon** (1 Viewer)

Well, they have a lot of mouths to feed.  So it certainly was partially due to the game plan.  Davante Adams didn't look great today -- that helps Cobb get more targets IMO.
Thanks for the insight. As a Cobb owner, can only hope that it's somewhat of a flashback to three years ago before Jordy got hurt and was dominating, Cobb was also balling and Adams was dropping passes.

The one issue I see moving forward is GB is FINALLY stocked up on redzone weapons. It didnt show last week but Bennett is a redzone animal that is going to get targets. Jordy led the NFL in tds last year and Adams had 10+ as well. Adams was twisting sherman like a pretzel with his routes last week-- he just didnt see many targets cause Rodgers abused the other side with Jordy & Cobb when he had time. Montgomery also has a really good knack for the end zone and will be more of a vulture in the short passing game down there. Cobb could be much improved and still only score 4-5 tds this year. 

Thanks for the insight. As a Cobb owner, can only hope that it's somewhat of a flashback to three years ago before Jordy got hurt and was dominating, Cobb was also balling and Adams was dropping passes.
This is delusional--- Adams had 3 catches on 3 targets for 47 yards. The only packer that had a drop was Kendricks. #factcheck

This is delusional--- Adams had 3 catches on 3 targets for 47 yards. The only packer that had a drop was Kendricks. #factcheck
I found this interesting because I am a Packer fan and watched the game as a fan but didn't focus on Adams but had you asked me if he had dropped any passes I would have said yes. Maybe I saw what I thought was a drop on a penalty play or something, I don't know? I do think he is not as sure handed as Jordy or Cobb. Cobb did catch a lot of short drags and maybe they continue to have Jordy and Adams work downfield and use Cobb on a lot of drag routes?

You completely misunderstood his post... Let's break it down...

Thanks for the insight.

As a Cobb owner, can only hope that it's somewhat of a flashback to three years ago before Jordy got hurt and was dominating,

Cobb was also balling and Adams was dropping passes.
Thank you

I own Cobb, and this game seemed like a flashback to 3 years ago. You know, 2014, the year before Jordy got hurt.

Cobb was dominating that year, and Adams, being a rookie, was dropping passes 

end translation

He wasn't saying Adams was dropping passes last Sunday...

Last edited by a moderator:
To this day, I cannot see Cobb without thinking about this thread, specifically all the nicknames...Touchdown Robber...always makes me laugh.  The guy is a WR, not a d-back...how is a WR robbing TDs?  LOL.
He showed us how it could be done.  He's a red zone menace.  Running backs hate him!

MRI today. MRIs happen all the time, but sure doesn't sound like it's nothing if they have to look closely at the shoulder.

MRI today. MRIs happen all the time, but sure doesn't sound like it's nothing if they have to look closely at the shoulder.
Sounds precautionary - Cobb said it wasn't a big deal after the game. Reportedly he banged it in the 1st quarter, and played through it, and once the game was out of hand in the 4th the team shut him down.

early reports were "he exited in the 4th with a shoulder injury and didn't return", which sounds much worse. 

Knowing he played through it, plus Cobb's own comment, has me a little less concerned. 

Still a little concerned - who knows what'll turn up on the MRI.  :shrug:

Sounds precautionary - Cobb said it wasn't a big deal after the game. Reportedly he banged it in the 1st quarter, and played through it, and once the game was out of hand in the 4th the team shut him down.

early reports were "he exited in the 4th with a shoulder injury and didn't return", which sounds much worse. 

Knowing he played through it, plus Cobb's own comment, has me a little less concerned. 

Still a little concerned - who knows what'll turn up on the MRI.  :shrug:
Always concerns me when a player says it's not a big deal. Often wishful thinking on their part.

Given I lost David Johnson though, I expect the worst for all injuries now. :(

Always concerns me when a player says it's not a big deal. Often wishful thinking on their part.

Yeah -  never trust the players, I agree. 

But I trust the 3 quarters he played through it as a solid barometer. ;)  

Not a huge cobb believer in fantasy but he had a walk-in TD and a 42 yard reception wiped out yesterday for BOGUS pick play calls. Both calls were wrong! Coulda been a HUGE NIGHT.

Pray the shoulder is ok for his sake

Not a huge cobb believer in fantasy but he had a walk-in TD and a 42 yard reception wiped out yesterday for BOGUS pick play calls. Both calls were wrong! Coulda been a HUGE NIGHT.

Damn, I was at a wedding reception so missed the game. I hate hearing that kinda stuff. 

Or you could have David Johnson, Cobb, Luck, Ware, Bradford, and Olsen and really expect the worse pretty much all the time.

I don't think the pick call on the3 touchdown was wrong, but it was a dumb play by Allison and had no effect on the play. Would have been a touchdown if there was no contact on the pick. And you're right about the 42 yard gain. Terrible call.   Bottom line is, Cobb should have had over 100 yards and a touchdown. He looks like the Cobb of old this season. Hope the shoulder-thing turns out to be nothing.

Looks to be not too serious per Rotoworld:

"The Packers view Randall Cobb as day to day after an MRI came back negative on his shoulder.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport is calling the injury "nothing major." Cobb left Sunday night's game in the fourth quarter. It sounds like he'll be ready for Week 3 against the Bengals, but we'll have to monitor him throughout the week."

Looks to be not too serious per Rotoworld:

"The Packers view Randall Cobb as day to day after an MRI came back negative on his shoulder.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport is calling the injury "nothing major." Cobb left Sunday night's game in the fourth quarter. It sounds like he'll be ready for Week 3 against the Bengals, but we'll have to monitor him throughout the week."
Everyone exhale. 

And if Jordy misses next week, I expect monster games from both Cobb & Montgomery. Adams vs DB1 is hit or miss over the years.

At least Im guessing it'll be Adam Jones on Adams if Nelson misses a game. 

:shrug:

I don't think the pick call on the3 touchdown was wrong, but it was a dumb play by Allison and had no effect on the play. Would have been a touchdown if there was no contact on the pick. And you're right about the 42 yard gain. Terrible call.   Bottom line is, Cobb should have had over 100 yards and a touchdown. He looks like the Cobb of old this season. Hope the shoulder-thing turns out to be nothing.
:goodposting:

The 42 yard gain was horrible and changed the game, I don't think the Packers would have won, but it would have been a lot different going into the half at 17 - 10ish instead of 24 - 7. The touchdown call was the correct call and a horrible play by Allison, Cobb won the route right away and it was an easy touchdown.

I hope this is no serious, remember last time he had a shoulder injury he went for 3 touchdowns against the Chiefs and reaggravated the shoulder injury and was timid the rest of the year.

msudaisy26 said:
:goodposting:

The 42 yard gain was horrible and changed the game, I don't think the Packers would have won, but it would have been a lot different going into the half at 17 - 10ish instead of 24 - 7. The touchdown call was the correct call and a horrible play by Allison, Cobb won the route right away and it was an easy touchdown.

I hope this is no serious, remember last time he had a shoulder injury he went for 3 touchdowns against the Chiefs and reaggravated the shoulder injury and was timid the rest of the year.
You guys know the Packers ran that play from the 1 & allison contact occurred right on the goal line correct? 1 yard = legal. 

You guys know the Packers ran that play from the 1 & allison contact occurred right on the goal line correct? 1 yard = legal. 
I would like to see the play again, but I am having trouble  finding it. I remember seeing it and thinking it was clearly offensive P.I., but yes we all know the rule. That is why everyone said the 42 yard one before the half was bogus. 

I would like to see the play again, but I am having trouble  finding it. I remember seeing it and thinking it was clearly offensive P.I., but yes we all know the rule. That is why everyone said the 42 yard one before the half was bogus. 
here is the breakdown on it...there wasn't really much contact if any at all.  And all within one yard...allison actually breaks into his route moving out of the way of the player.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Rock-Report-Pick-plays/325e65ef-2bc8-41a6-85b3-fe2c551d35cf?campaign=sf115058109_FB__sf115058109&sf115058109=1

Cobb on local radio today:

Hurt it on the jet sweep in the first quarter and then re-aggravated it in the 4th. Says he has to work on managing the pain in order to play.

FWIW
Thanks for the update - did now know he re-aggravated it. That's valuable. Did he mention if he would have gone back in if the game were close? 

Thanks for the update - did now know he re-aggravated it. That's valuable. Did he mention if he would have gone back in if the game were close? 
Not that I recall. He did mention that he didn't get an MRI and he didn't know where that report came from, which I thought was odd. Overall it sounds like it hurts like hell but not too bad structurally

The interview starts at about 86:30 here (might need a free iheartradio sub)

Short week for gb...probably sit the bears game too...sucks looked like he and Rodgers were really on the same page

So what are dynasty owners current outlook on Cobb? I picked up Geronimo and am thinking of two scenarios in trade to Cobb owner:

• Offering Geronimo & pick for a depth WR
  • Trying to get get Cobb on cheap
Are owners more weary of banged up Cobb and would be happy to deal him for  ....  what? A second or third? Or is it more appealing to lockup guaranteed Rodgers WR output with Geronimo?

With the short week, I'd guess that Green Bay doesn't play Cobb this week and gives him the extra 10 days until week 5. As a Cobb owner, that's what I'm hoping for. He's a little guy. That's why he gets banged up like he does.  Let it heel completely.

Just wondering if folks are rolling with Cobb tonight given that he's active. And if so, over whom?

For me, probably starting Cobb at my WR3 spot over Watkins because not sure Sammy will be cleared for Sunday..

Users who are viewing this thread