What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who was your first fantasy football pick ever? (1 Viewer)

My first year (95) I was slotted #5 overall. I stepped up to the podium and proudly selected Steve McNair, rookie QB from Alcorn State. Not sure why the group was laughing at me but I know I didn't make the playoffs that year.

Jeff Blake - 1997

In my defense, I did pick back-to-back and selected Curtis Martin with the next pick...so really, you could go either way...but a lot cooler to say Jeff Blake.

1999 drafted Steve Young the year he was concussed into retirement. Luckily, picked up Kurt Warner to be Young's backup after his week 1 performance on a whim. Warner ended up carrying me to a fantasy football championship in my first year (had a lot of luck).

1996: Emmit Smith (No. 1 overall).

Followed up at the 2.12/3.01 turn with Scott Mitchell ( :bag: ) and second year RB Terrell Davis ( :thumbup: ).

Damn I used to have a spreadsheet with everyones picks from the beginning of our league 94. I think I lost that in some computer upgrade :kicksrock:

I know I had Barry and Steve Young at some point.

with the 1.3 pick i selected drew bledsoe...he actually had a good year but i learned why there was not a qb taken for three more rounds after my selection.

Damn I used to have a spreadsheet with everyones picks from the beginning of our league 94. I think I lost that in some computer upgrade :kicksrock:I know I had Barry and Steve Young at some point.
Now this was a dynasty startup with start 2 QB and was 19961. Steve Young -Ousters2. Emmitt Smith - Peaches3. Brett Favre - Warpigs4. Jerry Rice - Gladiators(Gators)5. Marshall Faulk - DLB's6. Jeff George - Kaos7. Chris Warren - Storm8. Drew Bledsoe -Boilermakers(Screech)9. Barry Sanders - Thunder(Vipers)10. Scott Mitchell - Warriors11. Warren Moon - Havoc(Lager)12. Jeff Blake -Eagles13. Dan Marino- Screech(Irving)14. Steve Bono - Lunatics15. Troy Aikman -Blast(Ravage)16. Jim Harbaugh17. Jim Kelly18. Curtis Martin19. KC Def20. Chris Carter21. Ricky Watters22. Erik Kramer23. KiJana Carter24. Herman Moore25. Rashaan Saleem26. John Elway27. Jim Everett28. Jerome Bettis29. Rick Mirer30. Mark Brunnell

2003 1.1 Pick KC RB Priest Holmes

All my picks were automated by Yahoo since I forgot I even joined a fantasy league until my friend reminded me after the draft.

Damn I used to have a spreadsheet with everyones picks from the beginning of our league 94. I think I lost that in some computer upgrade :kicksrock:I know I had Barry and Steve Young at some point.
Now this was a dynasty startup with start 2 QB and was 19961. Steve Young -Ousters2. Emmitt Smith - Peaches3. Brett Favre - Warpigs4. Jerry Rice - Gladiators(Gators)5. Marshall Faulk - DLB's6. Jeff George - Kaos7. Chris Warren - Storm8. Drew Bledsoe -Boilermakers(Screech)9. Barry Sanders - Thunder(Vipers)10. Scott Mitchell - Warriors11. Warren Moon - Havoc(Lager)12. Jeff Blake -Eagles13. Dan Marino- Screech(Irving)14. Steve Bono - Lunatics15. Troy Aikman -Blast(Ravage)16. Jim Harbaugh17. Jim Kelly18. Curtis Martin19. KC Def20. Chris Carter21. Ricky Watters22. Erik Kramer23. KiJana Carter24. Herman Moore25. Rashaan Saleem26. John Elway27. Jim Everett28. Jerome Bettis29. Rick Mirer30. Mark Brunnell
There is a whole lotta awful in those first two rounds...

I had the 1.14/2.01 picks and took Herman Moore & Tim Brown (early 90's). The scoring system was weird; it was victory points with no playoffs. I don't even remember if I cashed; I was only like 14. I'm sure my RB's sucked.

1998- Reading a magazine while on the ride from my college dorm to the draft location and bought into the hype of.............

Kordell Stewart. :bag:

Still ended up with a decent team though. And the next year I got the #1 pick (Terrel Davis the year he blew his knee out) but still ended up with my first championship.

2008 Tom Brady with the 1.07 pick :wall:

(interestingly, I also took K.Warner as a late round flyer "'cause I liked him as a real life person", and he helped me finish 11-3)

There is a whole lotta awful in those first two rounds...
KC defense at #19 overall? :shock:

I can go back as far as 2002 with my yahoo league.

1.16 Terrel Owens

2.1 Brett Favre

I won the league that year too :) Ahh the glory days :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread