Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<<

I think if you are struggling for a playoff spot and can get some value, he's worth selling. Personally, I'm sitting at 8-1 and plan on holding him, partly because I don't think I could get good value, and partly because if he's back for the playoffs, he could help out. In PPR, he was giving me top 12 points, so I'm willing to sit on him until he gets back.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you look at guys like Thomas Jones or Cedric Benson, their "second chances" came after 3 seasons, not 6 seasons, and ironically they both played on the same Bears team for a couple seasons. They we

Guys - this truly is the year where McFadden has his absolute BEST opportunity to finally fulfill those lofty expectations if the fantasy world. He has an exciting QB that is going to help open up t

When are people going learn not to go through the Whataburger drive-thru? Whataburger has got to hold the record for the most drive-thru DWIs/DUIs, walk your drunk self inside.

I think if you are struggling for a playoff spot and can get some value, he's worth selling. Personally, I'm sitting at 8-1 and plan on holding him, partly because I don't think I could get good value, and partly because if he's back for the playoffs, he could help out. In PPR, he was giving me top 12 points, so I'm willing to sit on him until he gets back.

Same. I'm 7-2. I can hold. Problem is I have Foster but nothing else at RB. Green and LSH are my other options.

Same. I'm 7-2. I can hold. Problem is I have Foster but nothing else at RB. Green and LSH are my other options.
My situation is dicey as well. I have Mcfadden (and Goodson), Lynch (and Turbin), Murray, and Pierre Thomas. With Mcfadden/Goodson out for a couple weeks most likely and Murray out for who knows how long, I'm looking at Lynch and Thomas as my RBs. Lynch is on a bye next week though, so it's possible I'm starting Thomas and some random scrub from the waiver wire next week.I have put in claims for Reese and Jones just to try to survive next week if Murray isn't back...but all I'm really going for now is trying to get 1-2 more wins out of the next four to secure a first round bye. My hope is I have healthy running backs by the playoffs.

so, ok...i know we're down on McFadden but how down? I have an opportunity to get him in my Dynasty league and I can't wrap my head around what I would give. the owner claims another owner offered him a WR, a backup RB, and a 1st round rookie pick (a pretty decent one). The owner has Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Dexter McCluster, and Nate Washington at WR. Can't imagine they would have sent Fitz or Cobb but i guess you never know.Backup running back I'm guessing is David Wilson.Where would you place DMC's value?

i dunno, i think dump him in dynasty. it seems they are very committed to that staff and the staff is obv delusionally committed to the zone blocking and dmac is quite a long shot to thrive in that scheme. if there were murmurs that staff would be canned this yr, then i would think hes a much better gamble.

My situation is dicey as well. I have Mcfadden (and Goodson), Lynch (and Turbin), Murray, and Pierre Thomas. With Mcfadden/Goodson out for a couple weeks most likely and Murray out for who knows how long, I'm looking at Lynch and Thomas as my RBs. Lynch is on a bye next week though, so it's possible I'm starting Thomas and some random scrub from the waiver wire next week.I have put in claims for Reese and Jones just to try to survive next week if Murray isn't back...but all I'm really going for now is trying to get 1-2 more wins out of the next four to secure a first round bye. My hope is I have healthy running backs by the playoffs.
Check this out. Guy I traded Ridley to to get DMC back in week 5 just traded Ridley back to me for Cobb, Green, LSH, Ponder and Brandon Lloyd, lol. Also got Wilson and Shorts back, lol. How do I trade a guy then get him back in the same year? Edited by Insein

I'm out.

Just traded him and Owen Daniels for Bradshaw and Leshoure. I'm 4-5 and just barely clinging to playoff contention. I have Witten and start MaGahee and Mathews. I've watched every Raiders game and have been waiting for DMC to break loose with such a soft schedule. Whether it's him or the scheme, he has not looked good and Goodson has just loked better. Can't figure it out. Now I don't have to anymore. It feels good...

This. It has probably already been stated in a 14 pg thread, but he's just not good. I've been duped by a guy who led the ####### league in fantasy ppg last year. Even if the scheme, personnel, coaches, management, fans, stadium food are terrible, 8 games is enough for even a marginally good RB to bust a few runs. I too have watched most of his games and he just doesn't look good or explosive. This looks like CJ2k again. DMC goes into my 'never again' file.

I'm out.

Just traded him and Owen Daniels for Bradshaw and Leshoure. I'm 4-5 and just barely clinging to playoff contention. I have Witten and start MaGahee and Mathews. I've watched every Raiders game and have been waiting for DMC to break loose with such a soft schedule. Whether it's him or the scheme, he has not looked good and Goodson has just loked better. Can't figure it out. Now I don't have to anymore. It feels good...

This. It has probably already been stated in a 14 pg thread, but he's just not good. I've been duped by a guy who led the ####### league in fantasy ppg last year. Even if the scheme, personnel, coaches, management, fans, stadium food are terrible, 8 games is enough for even a marginally good RB to bust a few runs. I too have watched most of his games and he just doesn't look good or explosive. This looks like CJ2k again. DMC goes into my 'never again' file.
I said never again after last season. DMC fell to me with the 12th pick in my redraft league this year and I took him as I was throwing up.

Seriously, I am never taking him again this time.

I'm out.

these two statements contradict each other.

Yes HAS for mcfadden and Goodson. Very off that they are not ruling him out. Then again, we went through this weekly game last year with the lis franc

My theory is, since McFadden's ankle has the circumference of a fishing pole, there is less tissue to heal around the area, therefore it is possible that he could return sooner rather than later.

Yes HAS for mcfadden and Goodson. Very off that they are not ruling him out. Then again, we went through this weekly game last year with the lis franc

:rolleyes:

That was a different coaching staff, different HC. I don't see coach Allen as pulling Hue Jackson type tricks. I do think they will at least try him out sometime this week and it will be inevitable he'll be downgraded to doubtful and then out. The timetable for return on HAS isn't so "dreaded" as it was in years past. (see Jimmy Graham) As much as you have invested time, patience and maybe FAAB dollars on Goodson, it's time to drop him now if you can get Reece. Especially in PPR leagues.

My theory is, since McFadden's ankle has the circumference of a fishing pole, there is less tissue to heal around the area, therefore it is possible that he could return sooner rather than later.
:lmao:

Even if you want to bail on him, bailing with the injury news isn't going to get you fair value. If his HAS is truly less severe than Goodson's, even if he ends up missing this week, NO is next. Unless your trade deadline is imminent or you're in bye week hell this week and next, I think you have to hold through the NO game and then sell high (if he plays) or sell with the likelihood that he's closer to coming back. The buyer holds all the cards for any deals negotiated now.

That was a different coaching staff, different HC. I don't see coach Allen as pulling Hue Jackson type tricks. I do think they will at least try him out sometime this week and it will be inevitable he'll be downgraded to doubtful and then out. The timetable for return on HAS isn't so "dreaded" as it was in years past. (see Jimmy Graham) As much as you have invested time, patience and maybe FAAB dollars on Goodson, it's time to drop him now if you can get Reece. Especially in PPR leagues.

I think Goodson is a definite drop if word comes out that his injury is more severe than Mcfadden's. For now, I'm staying with him (I couldn't get Reece though) just until some further word comes out.

Per RW:

The San Francisco Chronicle believes Taiwan Jones will be the Raiders' starting running back against the Ravens.Beat writer Vittorio Tafur is connecting the dots with the Raiders appearing unlikely to sign a free agent back in the absence of Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson, but most signs have suggested FB Marcel Reece will be the lead dog in the Raiders' backfield this weekend. However, Reece does have only one rushing attempt on the season compared to 26 catches. Even if Jones — who's carried the ball just one time this season, as well — ends up with more rushes than Reece, we fully expect Reece to tally more touches. He's the add in fantasy leagues, at least until we see how things play out on the field.

Still not a clear picture yet.

I think Goodson is a definite drop if word comes out that his injury is more severe than Mcfadden's. For now, I'm staying with him (I couldn't get Reece though) just until some further word comes out.
Agreed 100%. Still can't believe this bum got hurt 10 minutes after DMC did. I was almost relieved when DMC went down with what seemed like a minor 1-2 game injury (probably still is), since he was very underwhelming, and those of us who handcuffed him with Goodson would get a chance to see how he performs in this system. So depressing.

The San Francisco Chronicle believes Taiwan Jones will be the Raiders' starting running back against the Ravens.

Beat writer Vittorio Tafur is connecting the dots with the Raiders appearing unlikely to sign a free agent back in the absence of Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson, but most signs have suggested FB Marcel Reece will be the lead dog in the Raiders' backfield this weekend. However, Reece does have only one rushing attempt on the season compared to 26 catches. Even if Jones — who's carried the ball just one time this season, as well — ends up with more rushes than Reece, we fully expect Reece to tally more touches. He's the add in fantasy leagues, at least until we see how things play out on the field.

Although Jones once tore a hammy getting out of bed, I think he deserves a spot on the rosters of DMC owners who missed out on Reece. There's just no one else left to carry the ball and Jones does have big play ability. Edited by SameSongNDance

Those of you that own Mcfadden/Goodson, what are you doing with Goodson?

I missed out on Marcel Reece and also have Demarco Murray and Marshawn Lynch (on bye next week). I ended up dropping Goodson to pick up Daniel Thomas, but I'm wondering if I should drop either Thomas or Alex Green to pick Goodson back up.

If he happens to come back before Mcfadden, I still think he'll perform at a RB1-2 level.

Those of you that own Mcfadden/Goodson, what are you doing with Goodson?I missed out on Marcel Reece and also have Demarco Murray and Marshawn Lynch (on bye next week). I ended up dropping Goodson to pick up Daniel Thomas, but I'm wondering if I should drop either Thomas or Alex Green to pick Goodson back up.If he happens to come back before Mcfadden, I still think he'll perform at a RB1-2 level.

Everything I've heard (OAK beat writers) suggests Goodson has the worse variety high ankle sprain and McFadden may have the "mild" high ankle sprain, plus Goodson was already on the mend from some other foot injury (toe?) before last week...so it sounds like Goodson is a long shot to return before McFadden. McFadden was also the one pushing the staff to go back into the game, while I haven't heard anything that suggests Goodson wanted to or could have returned.

Those of you that own Mcfadden/Goodson, what are you doing with Goodson?I missed out on Marcel Reece and also have Demarco Murray and Marshawn Lynch (on bye next week). I ended up dropping Goodson to pick up Daniel Thomas, but I'm wondering if I should drop either Thomas or Alex Green to pick Goodson back up.If he happens to come back before Mcfadden, I still think he'll perform at a RB1-2 level.

Drop Goodson, pick up Jones now. No one else on your WW has as much opportunity/upside as him. Being a DMC owner just gives you more of an incentive.

Drop Goodson, pick up Jones now. No one else on your WW has as much opportunity/upside as him. Being a DMC owner just gives you more of an incentive.
but reese is still the play over Jones right?

In full PPR, yeah. I just don't understand the logic behind grabbing Reese and totally dismissing a guy who may be the primary running option in a backfield for the next month. Reese is talented and rather athletic for his size but he's just not meant to carry out of the backfield. He'll be a safer bet in PPR but Jones has a ton more upside. If the stars align and Jones can stay upright and not put the ball on the ground with 12-15 touches, he'll be the one to own. It seems like a long shot right now, but again, it's very hard to find another RB on the WW with similar opportunity and upside at the moment.

I've never been a big follower of Jones. Has he been used in the screen game in the past (in preseason I would assume, since he's been limited in regular season play)? Playing in a PPR, I prefer to invest in guys that can pick up some cheap points through the air.

Edited by solorca

In full PPR, yeah. I just don't understand the logic behind grabbing Reese and totally dismissing a guy who may be the primary running option in a backfield for the next month. Reese is talented and rather athletic for his size but he's just not meant to carry out of the backfield. He'll be a safer bet in PPR but Jones has a ton more upside. If the stars align and Jones can stay upright and not put the ball on the ground with 12-15 touches, he'll be the one to own. It seems like a long shot right now, but again, it's very hard to find another RB on the WW with similar opportunity and upside at the moment.
i hear you. but Jones has done very little to make me think he can handle the job. in fact the few times i have seen him hes either fumbled or got blown up in the backfield or got hurt Edited by need2know

i hear you. but Jones has done very little to make me think he can handle the job. in fact the few times i have seen him hes either fumbled or got blown up in the backfield or got hurt
I feel the same. Going to try to get both but Reece is a higher priority for me. I know he'll still get the 3rd passes out of the backfield at the least. If he gets 5-10 carries also, just icing.

For this 1 week play in an NON PPR who's the guy to own Reese or Tiawan?

Otherwise it's Felix Jones or Pierre Thomas an I'm not happy with either.

So is there a clear cut best guy for this week in NON PPR? (I can't decide)

IMO, Reece is the better play over Jones. The coaches don't trust Jones. He'll get carries/touches, but Reece SHOULD have more fantasy points and you have to think that he'll get the rock near the goal line.

Thanks for the thoughts Raider Nation. (seriously)

(and all the info from everyone else)

I got Demarco Murray obviously hurt, an Trich on BYE.

We can only have 4 RB's in that league on our rosters.

My Other RB is CJ Spiller, so I figured what the heck

and go all or nothing now on both him and Tiawan there.

I Just dropped Pierre Thomas for Tiawan so I'm all in now.

In that league you get big bonus points for long touchdowns

so I'll just put all my eggs in that basket this week an see.

We'll have to report back with the outcome, I'm not in desperation

win mode in that league so yah I'm taking a gamble for the upside. :)

kegger, nobody gives two ####s

I'm sorry if my conversation or listing what I'm doing doesn't help you.It "may" give others some thought and chat about what they are doing which"could" help others along the way, Sorry but I feel people listing what theyare doing as good useful info, you can take it or leave it.Cheers,Keg

kegger, nobody gives two ####s

I'm sorry if my conversation or listing what I'm doing doesn't help you.It "may" give others some thought and chat about what they are doing which"could" help others along the way, Sorry but I feel people listing what theyare doing as good useful info, you can take it or leave it.Cheers,Keg
tell me how you telling us about starting palmer helps us inthe mcfadden thread?