What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<< (1 Viewer)

he'll be shutdown, no point in putting him out there while the other guy, Reece, is doing a better job
Reece looked worse than an injured McFadden last night. Take your fantasy goggles off.
I was at the game last night and had a decent view of the sideline. DMac didn't seem too hobbled after coming off the field.

He sat down on the bench, trainers took their time coming over to check him out. Walked with barely a limp as the game ended.

The 'tweak' statement sounds about right.
good to hear. thanks.
You forgot we're talking about the same guy who jogged to the locker room without a limp after his initial high ankle sprain, only to miss the next 4 games, and proceed to "tweak" it once he finally returned.
This is true.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've read it doesn't sound serious at all. Good thing he has an extra three days of rest, I think the chances of him playing vs. KC are pretty good.

Where are you guys seeing these positive reports? I saw one thing from Jason Cole who said that it "wasn't as bad as last time"... But that could mean a 3 week recovery instead of 6.

I think anyone who is already penciling him in is being overly confident given his history.

Am I the only one puzzled by the repeated use of the phrase "couldn't finish the game"? The Raiders had TWO offensive snaps after McFadden's last rush! How do we know he wouldn't have been able to come back in on the next series? It's not like he sat out the second half.

Am I the only one puzzled by the repeated use of the phrase "couldn't finish the game"? The Raiders had TWO offensive snaps after McFadden's last rush! How do we know he wouldn't have been able to come back in on the next series? It's not like he sat out the second half.
I think everyone is just basing that on Dennis Allen's comments.

Lets be real here... I think most of us are in the same boat - We used our first or second round pick on DMC. Amazingly for those of us that are still alive, we drafted very smart (except for taking Darren) as DMC was possibly the biggest early round bust out there.

After reading he was healthy and looking at those sweet KC &amp; Car matches coming up, we were all ready for investment to pay its dividends - Now it is back to the drawing board... Do we roll with Reece, Goodson, or someone else we have stashed away and just hope on a miracle (for me it will either be Reece, Vick Ballard, Or Alex Green as my RB2).

You've screwed us again DMC &amp; I will not be burned again on you... No earlier then round 7 in 2013 for me!

And stop fooling yourself with the hope that he will be fine to play and if he does then survive a whole game against KC next week.

McFadden screwed me last season. And, I was dumb enough to draft him again this season when he fell to me as the 12th pick in the first round. I still remember agonizing over making the pick.

The only way I draft DMC again is if he falls to me as my 3rd RB. You cannot rely on him as he proved again this season.

I would stay away from all Raider RBs for the rest of the season. It is going to be a confusing rotation.

McFadden screwed me last season. And, I was dumb enough to draft him again this season when he fell to me as the 12th pick in the first round. I still remember agonizing over making the pick. The only way I draft DMC again is if he falls to me as my 3rd RB. You cannot rely on him as he proved again this season. I would stay away from all Raider RBs for the rest of the season. It is going to be a confusing rotation.
Did DMC produce like a RB2 this year?

Yes, I was mostly basing my optimism on this..

Raiders coach Dennis Allen told reporters Friday that he expects Darren McFadden's ankle to be "fine" after Thursday night's apparent late-game reinjury.

"He was walking around fine," Allen said. "Didn't have a lot of pain. I don't think it's an injury that going to keep him out any time." McFadden has ten days to get his ankle right before the Raiders' next game. Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reported early Friday that McFadden's ankle was only "tweaked" in the second half of the loss to Denver, and "not as serious" as the injury that previously cost McFadden four games. The Raiders face the Chiefs in Week 15, and it sounds like McFadden should be fine to start.
So yeah, there's a lot of time between now and when I would need him. I can understand the cause for concerm, obviously, but let's not all curse the guy until we see how much practice he gets in next week. If he plays, I'm starting him. It's as simple as that for me. Also, no, I won't entertain the though of playing another RB on that team.

McFadden screwed me last season. And, I was dumb enough to draft him again this season when he fell to me as the 12th pick in the first round. I still remember agonizing over making the pick. The only way I draft DMC again is if he falls to me as my 3rd RB. You cannot rely on him as he proved again this season. I would stay away from all Raider RBs for the rest of the season. It is going to be a confusing rotation.
No he did not... After 14 weeks he has 700 total yards and 3 tds... He has been slightly below mediocore - I rank him below BJGE, Shonn Greene, &amp; Mikel Leshoure - All guys (with average talent at best) you could've grabbed in the 7-10th rounds depending on how your league drafted.

Yes, I was mostly basing my optimism on this..

Raiders coach Dennis Allen told reporters Friday that he expects Darren McFadden's ankle to be "fine" after Thursday night's apparent late-game reinjury.

"He was walking around fine," Allen said. "Didn't have a lot of pain. I don't think it's an injury that going to keep him out any time." McFadden has ten days to get his ankle right before the Raiders' next game. Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reported early Friday that McFadden's ankle was only "tweaked" in the second half of the loss to Denver, and "not as serious" as the injury that previously cost McFadden four games. The Raiders face the Chiefs in Week 15, and it sounds like McFadden should be fine to start.
So yeah, there's a lot of time between now and when I would need him. I can understand the cause for concerm, obviously, but let's not all curse the guy until we see how much practice he gets in next week. If he plays, I'm starting him. It's as simple as that for me. Also, no, I won't entertain the though of playing another RB on that team.
Allen wouldn't rule DMC out against Baltimore a month ago the week he initially hurt himself, so I'm not buying what he is selling... Guy tries to manipulate reports like Bill Belicik, only difference is BB has a reason to gain an advantage and the disastrous Raiders do not have a reason too.

No he did not... After 14 weeks he has 700 total yards and 3 tds... He has been slightly below mediocore - I rank him below BJGE, Shonn Greene, &amp; Mikel Leshoure - All guys (with average talent at best) you could've grabbed in the 7-10th rounds depending on how your league drafted.
I drafted DMC in the 8th spot of the first round. I think he did better than Chris Johnson did for his 1st-round owners in 2011.

Right, but when analyzing a players positioning vs. the rest of the field, you use PPG not year to date totals. Including his 7/17 game where he got injured, DMC 19th in PPG in all of my 1PPR leagues, better than both BGE and Green. So for me, yeah, he was a RB2. In .5PPR he was a high-end RB3 and standard he was #### but I don't know anyone who plays standard anymore.As we've witnessed this year, talent is clearly not the only variable that needs to be taken into consideration when drafting.Regardless, instead of arguing as to whether or not DMC sucks, let's just hope he comes back for the KC game.

Right, but when analyzing a players positioning vs. the rest of the field, you use PPG not year to date totals. Including his 7/17 game where he got injured, DMC 19th in PPG in all of my 1PPR leagues, better than both BGE and Green. So for me, yeah, he was a RB2. In .5PPR he was a high-end RB3 and standard he was #### but I don't know anyone who plays standard anymore.As we've witnessed this year, talent is clearly not the only variable that needs to be taken into consideration when drafting.Regardless, instead of arguing as to whether or not DMC sucks, let's just hope he comes back for the KC game.
Yes, lets hope he starts/finishes against KC - Regardless, if I could go back to my draft 4 months ago, I would've selected about 40 other guys instead of DMC... &amp; I think all of you have to agree with that.

Yes, lets hope he starts/finishes against KC - Regardless, if I could go back to my draft 4 months ago, I would've selected about 40 other guys instead of DMC... &amp; I think all of you have to agree with that.
I'll admit it: I bought into the Run DMC hype this past August. Sadly, it gets even worse. I bought into the Ryan Mathews hype too and drafted him in the 3rd round.It's just a lot of wheeling and dealing and waiver wire work that allowed my team to get into the playoffs. It's very difficult to overcome a starting RB backfield of McFadden and Mathews.

Dropped him. Had to make the choice between keeping him or Moreno this week and even when he was playing it was hard to bear. I've got Reece if there's play.
What? You kept Reece over DMC? Not sure if I read that right!
Sorry I missed this--league setup meant my choice was between McFadden and Knowshon. Reece was a separate pickup on a really RB-lean roster.
I love his talent and upside/potential. With that said, yeah, never again. Can't take the injury roller coaster. Speaking rationally, if he's healthy, practicing well, and active sure I'd start him Week 15 and 16. But yeah, never spending an early pick on him and planning on getting through another season with him again. Just too frustrating to deal with and manage.
Given the flow of the draft--and hoping they reconsider their blocking scheme--I would. Had him last year and parked Bush on the bench until DMac went down. Either one was RB1 for the stretches, and key to owning DMac is being ready for the downtime. Won't do it first round again though...

Dropped him. Had to make the choice between keeping him or Moreno this week and even when he was playing it was hard to bear. I've got Reece if there's play.
What? You kept Reece over DMC? Not sure if I read that right!
Sorry I missed this--league setup meant my choice was between McFadden and Knowshon. Reece was a separate pickup on a really RB-lean roster.
I love his talent and upside/potential. With that said, yeah, never again. Can't take the injury roller coaster. Speaking rationally, if he's healthy, practicing well, and active sure I'd start him Week 15 and 16. But yeah, never spending an early pick on him and planning on getting through another season with him again. Just too frustrating to deal with and manage.
Given the flow of the draft--and hoping they reconsider their blocking scheme--I would. Had him last year and parked Bush on the bench until DMac went down. Either one was RB1 for the stretches, and key to owning DMac is being ready for the downtime. Won't do it first round again though...
This year, even that didn't work. I had mcfadden and Goodson and still got screwed. I was fortunate enough to get Reece as a trade throw in, but I was beat to him on the wire.

Handcuffing DMC with Goodson all season and then seeing Goodson go down IMMEDIATELY after McFadden was the worse feeling ever. Still haven't recovered from that.

Handcuffing DMC with Goodson all season and then seeing Goodson go down IMMEDIATELY after McFadden was the worse feeling ever. Still haven't recovered from that.
Ditto. I couldn't believe it! My handcuff story gets worse. Had Ronnie Hillman behind Mcgahee. Then Moreno gets the surprise start. Handcuffs didn't work for me this year.

I feel kind of good about the 12 points he got me Thursday Night.

I traded Ridley for DMC after Week 4. At the time, Ridley was RBBC and I looked ahead to see Ridley against the Texans &amp; 49'ers for the Fantasy Playoffs.

Oh well...the way it goes. Still happy about the 12 points. :yes:

Goodson, Hillman and Pead all on my team. Loved watching Reece, Moreno and Richardson get all the carries :(

I was at the game last night and had a decent view of the sideline. DMac didn't seem too hobbled after coming off the field. He sat down on the bench, trainers took their time coming over to check him out. Walked with barely a limp as the game ended.The 'tweak' statement sounds about right.
good to hear. thanks.
That usually means very little. especially with a 4th quarter injury.it usually takes an hour or two for the muscle to tighten up after pulling it. of course he'll walk with barely a limp. the limp comes an hour or two after the game when things tighten up.Either way, I'm hoping it's not serious either. I need 2 more good weeks out of him. then he can get injured all he wants.

'gcoast3 said:
I feel kind of good about the 12 points he got me Thursday Night. I traded Ridley for DMC after Week 4. At the time, Ridley was RBBC and I looked ahead to see Ridley against the Texans &amp; 49'ers for the Fantasy Playoffs.Oh well...the way it goes. Still happy about the 12 points. :yes:
Was Ridley ever in a RBBC? He's probably kept the same percentage of carries.

DMC practicing today... Can this guy give me 2 good weeks against 2 bad teams this week and next and justify taking him with my first round pick!

This is great news and I think from a financial standpoint, with him only having 1 year left on his contract, he needs to show he can bounce back from injury to get paid again... He has to know this and his agent most certainly knows this.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/250888/mcfadden-participates-in-mondays-practice

DMC practicing today... Can this guy give me 2 good weeks against 2 bad teams this week and next and justify taking him with my first round pick!This is great news and I think from a financial standpoint, with him only having 1 year left on his contract, he needs to show he can bounce back from injury to get paid again... He has to know this and his agent most certainly knows this.http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/250888/mcfadden-participates-in-mondays-practice
Oh yes. Start DMC with confidence against the KC Chiefs this weekend.

Practicing on a Monday is a fantastic sign. I'll admit that I'm shocked he is out there.

As frustrating as he has been this year, I'm going to start him this week over Demarco Murray (who has a tough matchup against pittsburgh).

Almost cost me the win going with Bryce Brown over him even though that was the right decision. Stay healthy DMC and keep practicing, you're getting the start.

Yeah good luck to whoever starts the human pretzel, you deserve what you get if you lose. He will be lucky to get out of the 1st series of the game, and thats if the raiders are on offense or defense. He will probably strain something on the sidelines putting his helmet on.

Yeah good luck to whoever starts the human pretzel, you deserve what you get if you lose. He will be lucky to get out of the 1st series of the game, and thats if the raiders are on offense or defense. He will probably strain something on the sidelines putting his helmet on.
This thread is for DMC owners. DMC owners likely drafted him as their RB1. No, he has not performed like that over the course of 14 weeks consistently, but the talent/potential is there when healthy. It's why we drafted him in August. He's healthy as per the reports currently out there, the KC run defense stinks, and he's at home. I don't see how he's not a must start, outside of trying to predict injury, which you seem to be convinced of. Please tell us more!nless you have a stable of better options, he is most definitely in your lineup this week as an owner. Thanks for adding such a well thought out response to the thread though and making the SP a better place. Hope taking the time to read my post don't hold you back from having the time to post "Dez/Bowe owners got what they deserved!" in those respective injury threads.

This thread is for DMC owners. DMC owners likely drafted him as their RB1. No, he has not performed like that over the course of 14 weeks consistently, but the talent/potential is there when healthy. It's why we drafted him in August. He's healthy as per the reports currently out there, the KC run defense stinks, and he's at home. I don't see how he's not a must start, outside of trying to predict injury, which you seem to be convinced of. Please tell us more!nless you have a stable of better options, he is most definitely in your lineup this week as an owner. Thanks for adding such a well thought out response to the thread though and making the SP a better place. Hope taking the time to read my post don't hold you back from having the time to post "Dez/Bowe owners got what they deserved!" in those respective injury threads.
Um yes i know this is a thread for DMC owners, i am one hence the harsh criticism. I haven't started him since near the beginning of the season and will not regardless of the matchup. Hey more power to those that do start him if he happens to do anything. But I will not be taking the chance that he ends up on the bench with a sprained eye lash.

I really do want to start DMC this week, after drafting him with my first round pick, but i am up in the air between him and Pierre Garcon. It also kind of sucks, i have RG3 and Palmer as my only 2 QB's, so if RG3 cant go, i have to go with Palmer and i dont know if i like the idea of starting Palmer and DMC on a bad Raiders team or Garcon with Cousins throwing to him....ahhh, playoffs.

Sounds like hes fine

Raiders running back Darren McFadden practiced Monday, just four days after re-tweaking his right ankle late in the four quarter against Denver in his first game back after missing four straight.

"It just kind of got rolled up, and with it being weak in certain spots, kind of tweaked it again," McFadden said after practice. "It made my nerves kind of jittery.

"I think it was more of a scare than anything. It was cool today. It wasn't bad at all. I got through practice today just fine. I was moving good, making all my cuts. I'm not concerned."

Sounds like hes fineRaiders running back Darren McFadden practiced Monday, just four days after re-tweaking his right ankle late in the four quarter against Denver in his first game back after missing four straight."It just kind of got rolled up, and with it being weak in certain spots, kind of tweaked it again," McFadden said after practice. "It made my nerves kind of jittery."I think it was more of a scare than anything. It was cool today. It wasn't bad at all. I got through practice today just fine. I was moving good, making all my cuts. I'm not concerned."
Strange thing is someone dropped DMC in our 10 team re-draft league last Friday after ankle report on Friday.I'm trying to decide between picking up DMC or D Wilson.Currently I have DMC as my #1 priority and D Wilson as my #2.I figure the risk/reward is there with DMC and I don't see Wilson repeating anything like he did last week. Besides he doesn't play the Saints every week, right?Any input on which is best RB to own for rest of ff playoffs?

Starting DMC is a gutsy move IMO and I think he is the play as long as he practices in full for the week.

Most owners obviously have other options which got them to this point but those ("my") options do not have the ceiling that DMC has against KC.

My OTHER RB Options in lieu of DMC for Round 2/ Week 15:

DeMarco Murray has run well but not great . PIT has been strong against the run. I think Murray is safe but not the homerun. ( 60-yds rush; 3 rec 18-yds receiving 1 TD)

Mikel Leshoure is a big back and I think is starting to wear-down. Plus the Bell kid is getting more and more touches. (70-yds, 0 TD)

Users who are viewing this thread