What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<< (3 Viewers)

The weird thing is that he's the main focus of the Chargers and they are pretty much shutting him down...but he's STILL going to be a top 4-5 RB this week in PPR leagues.

San Diego has TWO spies on McFadden...allowing 1 on 1 on all receivers. No respect for the passing game. I imagine DMC will see this alot this season, which keeps him only at a RB2 level.

San Diego has TWO spies on McFadden...allowing 1 on 1 on all receivers. No respect for the passing game. I imagine DMC will see this alot this season, which keeps him only at a RB2 level.
Denarius Moore coming back will help things out some. I imagine we'll see less passes going to Mcfadden (obviously) going forward, but his rushing yards will definitely pick up. As long as he's healthy, I am fairly confident in him as an RB1.

DMC a RB2? That's crazy talk. A healthy McFadden is a blatant high-end RB1 regardless of situation.

DMC a RB2? That's crazy talk. A healthy McFadden is a blatant high-end RB1 regardless of situation.
High end RB1? I would put an awful lot of money against him finishing top 5.
That's silly of you. If he plays 16 games he'll be RB1. So barring an injury (assuming that's why you bet against him) you may be down some money.

I'm clearly talking about him on a PPG basis. You must have missed the part where I said "A healthy McFadden.."

I'm clearly talking about him on a PPG basis. You must have missed the part where I said "A healthy McFadden.."
He's not finishing the season top 5 in any format, even if he plays all 16 games.

He's not finishing the season top 5 in any format, even if he plays all 16 games.
That's quite the statement given that he's arguably the best running back in the NFL. And when healthy, he's proven than.

Last edited by a moderator:
:unsure:
Yeah agreed, he was simply nasty tonight. He's going to find the end zone, and when he does, the ceiling is gonna be damn high. This was a good defense who focused on him too. Throw in the starting WR's to take a little off of him, he's going to be special. IF he can stay healthy, they worked him hard tonight. He's going to wear down even if not injured run like this ever week. But I love what I see.

Lol PPG = points per game, did you think I meant PPR? Regardless, the second sentence should have cleared it up for you. You must brush up on your reading comprehension.

Last edited by a moderator:
PPG doesn't mean sh@t if I am not getting them during my playoffs.

:fishing:

Only had the opportunity to draft him in one league and I had to chose him or Forte. Now he just needs to play all 16 games.

Maybe it was just me but it appeared like Dmac took some vicious hits due to his running style. He never appears to fall into the tackle but stays straight up. There was a hit near the out of bounds where 2 SD players seemed to crush him.

so is goodson the handcuff? I thought Jones was but I dont remember seeing him much last night. expect for that awful reverse

Maybe it was just me but it appeared like Dmac took some vicious hits due to his running style. He never appears to fall into the tackle but stays straight up. There was a hit near the out of bounds where 2 SD players seemed to crush him.
I had the opposite reaction, actually. The last two seasons, McFadden trucked anyone he could if it could get him an extra yard or two. That was cool, but last night I noticed him gladly taking the sideline when he had a first down. Maybe that's just a side effect of the running lanes that a zone blocking scheme opens up, but either way I saw a difference. For better or worse, I don't know.Gotta chuckle a bit at the folks finding a way to knock him after a 13-catch, 120-yard game.

Holy cow. I drafted McFadden this year, but I had never really seen him play all that much on account of living in an east coast NFC market. Such a contrast to most of the plodding, just-a-guy RB play I saw this weekend.

I had the opposite reaction, actually. The last two seasons, McFadden trucked anyone he could if it could get him an extra yard or two. That was cool, but last night I noticed him gladly taking the sideline when he had a first down. Maybe that's just a side effect of the running lanes that a zone blocking scheme opens up, but either way I saw a difference. For better or worse, I don't know.Gotta chuckle a bit at the folks finding a way to knock him after a 13-catch, 120-yard game.
After what I saw I would love to have gotten him in the last part of the first. You can tell that they are making incredible efforts to get him the ball. But you do have to wonder how long anyone could hold up touchy the rock almost 30 times.

After what I saw I would love to have gotten him in the last part of the first. You can tell that they are making incredible efforts to get him the ball. But you do have to wonder how long anyone could hold up touchy the rock almost 30 times.
Oak was with out 2 of their best WRs last night. The offense will find more balance as the season goes on and the team gets heathly. McFadden will always get his and be the primary focus of the offense. Double digit catch days are going to be few and far between though. I think McFadden averages about 24 touces per game this season. He is going to be a beast if he stays on the field.

Carson Palmer is horrible. Any pass over 10 yards and you watch is flutter slowly through the air.

McFadden is all Oakland has. Last night tells me they're going to run him into the ground. He must have been exhausted.

Carson Palmer is horrible. Any pass over 10 yards and you watch is flutter slowly through the air.

McFadden is all Oakland has. Last night tells me they're going to run him into the ground. He must have been exhausted.
I disagree. DHB is not a bad player at all. The problem is with Palmer - last night was ridiculous. Just about every play to McFadden? Really? He wasn't even looking anywhere else.

I disagree. DHB is not a bad player at all. The problem is with Palmer - last night was ridiculous. Just about every play to McFadden? Really? He wasn't even looking anywhere else.
i dont like palmer either and think hes been on a downward track since his injury but SD def played really well last night. the oak wrs stink (the ones that were out there). it could have been worse...

I have some questions I wanted to run by you. I'm not hating on McFadden. I've always liked him and thought is just so explosive and fun to watch. Also, I don't own him nor do I plan on it. I think the price is to high. I'm just curious.

I was watching the game last night and they were giving it to him or throwing it to him every time. Do you think that is why he always gets hurt? Don't you think he's going to wear down if they keep up that pace for him?

Just wondering what owners thought of it.

Amazing first game for him though.

DMC was the whole team last night because the only other play makers were on the sidelines with injuries (Ford and Moore). DMC will not get that many receptions in a game again this season as Ford and Moore get healthy and as the other inexperienced WRs gain experience. Steater and Criner are rookies. Hagan is a vet but just signed 4 days ago. DHB was the only WR on the field that was with the team last season.

So, the passing game should improve as the WRs get healthy or gain experience. However, the one constant that will hold the passing game back all season is Palmer. Palmer can read defenses and make the right decision with the ball but his arm is WEAK.

There is also another problem with DMC. He will get injured. He has been injured every season. And, the passing game will also struggle due to injuries since Moore and Ford are always injured as well.

I love how everyone talks about McFadden is going to get hurt. You can't predict injuries people. Aaron Rodgers could get hurt Thursday night, Arian Foster could get hurt, Calvin could get hurt, anyone can get hurt at any given point and time. Smart fantasy football owners have depth on their benches for if/when players get hurt. When McFadden is in the lineup, he performs like a high end RB1. Plain and simple. His PPG for RBs will be Top 5 this year. And in PPR, he may finish #1 overall if his passing targets stay high. When Moore and Ford come back that will only help McFadden's numbers because defenses won't be able to key on him. The way that he was featured in the short passing game last night reminded me of Westbrook when he played in Philadelphia. Heavily involved in the offense.

Took DMC in both my leagues, and was happy with what I saw last night. The only problem I see is, they need to find some more weapons on that team to take the pressure off DMC a bit. He took a pounding last night.

The other thing is, Palmer just doesnt have a lot of arm strength left. His passes were getting swatted by defenders or behind his receivers a lot. This helps DMC in some ways, as he gets the dump offs. But it may mean Palmer cant keep drives going=DMC on sidelines.

The thing about DMC is, he's always one step away from breaking a big one. He gets a TON of touches. The big ones are coming.

It's not about touches, it's about how many hits you take and how you take them. There are plenty of RBs who can touch the rock 30 times a game a stay healthy for a full 16. I bumped this thread last night because DMC RAN OUT OF BOUNDS INSTEAD OF TRYING TO TRUCK THE DEFENDER on a handful of plays. I was amazed, I was in awe. If you guys really think you can predict injuries, I suggest you read this article and realize how silly you sound.

I have some questions I wanted to run by you. I'm not hating on McFadden. I've always liked him and thought is just so explosive and fun to watch. Also, I don't own him nor do I plan on it. I think the price is to high. I'm just curious. I was watching the game last night and they were giving it to him or throwing it to him every time. Do you think that is why he always gets hurt? Don't you think he's going to wear down if they keep up that pace for him?Just wondering what owners thought of it. Amazing first game for him though.
He's missed significant time throughout his career, while getting spelled regularly by Michael Bush. That includes most of the goal line work. Who knows .... maybe all that time on the sidelines for DMac watching Bush tightened him up? :shrug: How crazy would it be for him to see a vastly increased workload, and emerge unscathed? Bizzaro McFadden world?

Did anyone who watched the game notice his running style at all? I thought I remember reading an article saying how he was going to work on running lower to the ground. or something If he hasn't changed that part of his game, I'm probably still in the "he's gonna get hurt" camp.

Great comp to Westbrook. I like how they used him. I'd prefer it to the straight runs to get him in space. Terrific night and it could have been more!

That cut he made to stay in bonds and streak up the field was amazing. It was one step after he passed that stupid baseball dirt. Man, do I hate that stuff. How is an NFL time in 2012 still sharing a stadium with baseball?

Yes, with this blueprint McFadden will held in check with 20+ points per game.
:confused: I'm reading 11.8028 touches at 2.1 ypc and 6.6 ypr must be a little disturbing for DMC owners. The guy needs to be a per touch beast with limited touches to survive 16 games, not the opposite.

Only discussing DMC for week 2, forecast for him against the Dolphins: 25 rushes 108 yards, 9 receptions 66 yards and roughly a TD.

Color me :excited:

Are we starting to think this is going to be the norm or an average, with the floor maybe 70 yards on the ground, 40-50 in the air, 6 catches outside of TD's?? The ceiling the sky itself?? Leaning just the Dolphins and look more for the floor, but regardless just wow.

If he's producing like that week in and week out, he's gonna be LT-lite if he's not hitting paydirt, which is hard enough to predict. And looking at him last night, I can see the potential for it in between the goal lines.

But, being debbie downer, if he's worked like this I'd be shocked (if he stays healthy) if he's not just gassed by the fantasy playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread