What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<< (1 Viewer)

Guy could literally lead in fantasy points if a miracle could happen and he'd stay on the field for all 16 games as the #1.

Jerr-uh is heading for big time disappointment if he signed McFadden to carry the load. People investing highly in Randle should probably take note though. This look like an ugly stable of RB's in a good situation. I think Randle can carry the load and at least be average at doing it. McFadden may look good a game or two, then he'll look like #### for three games then he'll get hurt for a few look good for one or two then disappear into obscurity. I'm not big on past dictating the future but after multiple chances and rostering McFadden he sort of is what he is.

Jerr-uh is heading for big time disappointment if he signed McFadden to carry the load. People investing highly in Randle should probably take note though. This look like an ugly stable of RB's in a good situation. I think Randle can carry the load and at least be average at doing it. McFadden may look good a game or two, then he'll look like #### for three games then he'll get hurt for a few look good for one or two then disappear into obscurity. I'm not big on past dictating the future but after multiple chances and rostering McFadden he sort of is what he is.
I agree with the bold. But he could have that one season where he stays healthy and plays a big role. Tough to predict this stuff. But history says no....it won't happen.

Rotoworld:

Darren McFadden started the Cowboys' second preseason game Sunday night, but managed four yards on three carries.

He had a four-yard run and was stuffed on his other two attempts. DMC added a three-yard reception before giving way to Joseph Randle. The Cowboys still intend to utilize a three-way running back committee, but Randle is their best option on early downs. McFadden is a stiff, declining back at age 28.

Aug 23 - 9:34 PM

After watching McFadden he looks much more explosive than what some folks have been saying. If for some strange reason he can stay healthy he is going to be a headache to Randle owners. I am a Randle owner and grabbed McFadden in the 9th round and I am worried about this 2 headed monster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could Run DMC have a Fred Taylor type end to his career? At the very least there are some nervous Randle owners out there.
Fragile Fred had a pretty impressive beginning, too ;)

I can imagine McFadden having some 100+ yard games to start the season and again getting some ridiculous fantasy hype, only to be hurt again sooner or later. But as long as we're talking about a draft pick in double-digit rounds, that's completely fine and the upside is worth it. Definitely better than spending a high or even mid-round pick on Randle.

so I guess he looked pretty good on his 4 carries? I haven't seen the game yet. DMC has some value if the Cowboys line is opening up huge holes and hes 100% healthy......could happen I guess.

I still think Randle is a pretty safe pick. Im too lazy to look, but I bet his ADP is sliding a bit. The Cowboys have been quiet on offense this preseason. This could be good for guys targeting certain Cowboys players.

I think both DMC and Randle...more so DMC....could be very good value picks this year. LIke Manster just said, they are falling and honestly, who knows for sure which one will stay healthy the longest. Each of them could be very productive if the other is hurt.

I think both DMC and Randle...more so DMC....could be very good value picks this year. LIke Manster just said, they are falling and honestly, who knows for sure which one will stay healthy the longest. Each of them could be very productive if the other is hurt.
If one of them gets hurt early in the season, there's a good chance the Cowboys will sign a free agent to take over the backfield.

If one of them gets hurt early in the season, there's a good chance the Cowboys will sign a free agent to take over the backfield.
Can't see any FA RBs out there that are better than either of these guys including potential RBs dropped by teams in the coming weeks. They may sign a FA should an injury occur but he won't be the starter.

As long as McFadden is healthy Randle will be a very low end RB.

McFadden is just better than Randle and Jones loves McFadden so he's going to continue to get touches.

Randle did not look very good last night so even with a McFadden injury I highly doubt he's ever a workhouse back.

Rotoworld:

Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson reports the Cowboys believe Darren McFadden is the "best of the bunch" at running back.

Robinson reports the Cowboys are committed to a running back by committee, but he added Dallas would have likely ridden McFadden's hot hand on Saturday night had it been a regular season game. Owner Jerry Jones has talked up Joseph Randle all offseason, but it appears McFadden has a real chance to lead the team in touches if he can stay healthy. The uncertainty surrounding the situation makes Randle un-draftable in the fourth round.

Related: Joseph Randle

Source: Yahoo! Sports

Aug 30 - 7:29 PM

If Forsett can come out of nowhere in his late 20s, is it not impossible for McFadden to make some noise behind the best offensive line in football?

:shrug:

He may start, he may not. What we really want to know is how many carries he can expect to get in week 1. Are people thinking it might be an even split between randle and DMC?

Are people thinking it might be an even split between randle and DMC?
It always comes down to his health. If McFadden can stay on the field, I think he runs away with the job and wins championships for a lot of "sharks" that got him (and kept him) in the last third of the draft.

I trying to recall, wasn't he a mid/late round long shot when he had his big year in Oakland?

Wed, Sep 9

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Wednesday he still hasn't decided on a starter at running back for Week 1 against the Giants.

Advice: Perhaps more notably, Garrett said the nominal starting tailback "doesn't matter" because Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden, and Lance Dunbar will all play. Per beat writer Clarence Hill, "the bottom line is the Cowboys will truly be a running back by committee and the person who starts might not get the most carries." Randle and McFadden will both offer a lot of Week 1 upside, but also have low floors because their workloads are so uncertain. The Cowboys seem to be planning to use in-game "feel" to determine who gets the most work.

More: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

(Rotoworld.com)

Are people thinking it might be an even split between randle and DMC?
It always comes down to his health. If McFadden can stay on the field, I think he runs away with the job and wins championships for a lot of "sharks" that got him (and kept him) in the last third of the draft.

I trying to recall, wasn't he a mid/late round long shot when he had his big year in Oakland?
I think he was a hyped rookie (The Next Adrian Peterson?) who lost some shine in his first two years, so yeah, maybe somewhat similar to Doug Martin's value this year, but without the 1 great season to start the career. Or Tavon Austin this year, to borow another position.

It's possible that McFadden is the goalline back but I doubt for long, that's one reason they brought in Michael I think and I'm guessing that's the first place we see him. But otherwise I don't know why McFadden would be better on GL than Randle.

I'm guessing that if you drafted McFadden you did so pretty late but even if Randle has a good night McFadden could have some decent production too. I would think Michael is more of a threat to McFadden at this point but maybe he keeps his role no matter what.

I'm holding right now in 2 leagues one ppr and one standard. Bench of course. Upside is there, especially compared to other waiver options.

I'm holding for now as well. There is just too much potential to let McFadden hit the ww only to be given the staring job in Dallas (however unlikely) the next week...I actually thought he looked pretty good in the limited action he got last week.

I will be holding for at least one more week to see if get the expanded role that was talked about all preseason.

Somebody's role is going to expand. The Cowboys have stated they would like to run the ball 25-30 times a game. They averaged 31 last year and only ran it 23 times in week 1. Randle is not going to get 450 carries. All 3 members of this backfield have a lot of potential value

I'm holding with very little excitement. In fact, I think I'd rather have any of the Dallas rb's, including cmike

Log jam of Dallas RB's throws a wet blanket on owning a piece of DMC. Course, an injury or two could crystalize the situation, and offer a path to fantasy relevance. Problem is, hoping against hope it's not DMC who gets hurt.... and not the other guys.

I cut him loose in redraft. Feels like I would be just waiting on an injury to Randle based on what I saw Sunday night. Looks like they prefer Dunbar for obvious passing downs as well.

DMC took the majority of reps in the second half of last weeks game. It looked like Randle was in the doghouse after that fumble on the goal line. I guess he had been warned not to do that...This is an interesting situation that needs monitoring. This is not the week to drop DMC.

DMC took the majority of reps in the second half of last weeks game. It looked like Randle was in the doghouse after that fumble on the goal line. I guess he had been warned not to do that...This is an interesting situation that needs monitoring. This is not the week to drop DMC.
Nice call, man.

Well I drafted Jamaal Charles 1.01, then grabbed West and McFadden off waivers recently. With both of these guys I'm unsure if I should try to trade them. I could package either one with Martavis Bryant (Pitt WR). I feel like I'm going to be forced to hold everything I got .... and that might be the best thing.

Well I drafted Jamaal Charles 1.01, then grabbed West and McFadden off waivers recently. With both of these guys I'm unsure if I should try to trade them. I could package either one with Martavis Bryant (Pitt WR). I feel like I'm going to be forced to hold everything I got .... and that might be the best thing.
Why the parentheses after Bryant's name?

Why the parentheses after Bryant's name?
Maybe he thinks some people don't know who Bryant is?

Users who are viewing this thread