What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<< (6 Viewers)

How did the Jets defense from last year stack up to the Steelers this year? He blew up against the Jets when everyone was saying to be careful of that matchup. Did they have the ZBS last year in Oak?

Last edited by a moderator:
How did the Jets defense from last year stack up to the Steelers this year? He blew up against the Jets when everyone was saying to be careful of that matchup. Did they have the ZBS last year in Oak?
They had a Power scheme. Sad days. im benching him until i see something better. It is a good think i have other options.

Wait until next week to pounce if you want to buy him extremely low. There is no way he will scratch out more than 5 pts against Pitt. 9 in the box all day.
PIT isn't nearly as stout as they have been in the past. Old man McGahee averaged 4.0 YPC against them and using Greene's performance as some type barometer to measure future performances against them is laughable. I guarantee you that DMC totals no less than 100 totals yards against them next week. People already jumping ship on DMC are cracking me up tbh.

projections against pit? hard to see a great game but I am gonna go out on a limb here and say over 100 total yards and a td....hes due? :unsure:

I think the biggest problem this week will be prying the ball away from the Steelers. The steel curtain loves to control the clock and play keep away. I think this will be a low possession game for the Raiders and what is the maximum amount of pts they could score...maybe 17? Not a good shot for DMC this week against a defense that will only have eyes on him.

'Bobble Fett said:
'Bronx Bomber said:
They had a Power scheme. Sad days. im benching him until i see something better. It is a good think i have other options.
It is not DMC as much as it is the Raider Oline and running scheme. Either way, the benching begins this week if you have decent options.

Maybe it's just stubbornness but I can't bench my #1 draft pick after just 2 weeks.
the only way I could see doing it is if you have another great option staring you in the face. not many rbs offer the upside of McFadden. I cant imagine how horrible I would feel to bench him and he has a monster game

Maybe it's just "not being an idiot", but I'm not benching him either.
I think the Steelers can be run on this year. Oakland is at home and will be in desperation mode. Dmac will be the focus of the offense again this week and I could easily see at least one td. I have Ridley, Reggie Bush and Dmac and I'm planning to go with Dmac and Bush over Ridley. However, a 2nd straight ineffective week and it's time to be worried.

I'm sitting McFadden this week thanks to my keeper (Foster) and some late round success, but will be rooting hard for him in order to build his trade value up. I can't get 50 cents on the dollar at this point.

Maybe it's just stubbornness but I can't bench my #1 draft pick after just 2 weeks.
the only way I could see doing it is if you have another great option staring you in the face. not many rbs offer the upside of McFadden. I cant imagine how horrible I would feel to bench him and he has a monster game
I have Lynch and Murray as my other options, so there is a chance I'll be benching him. Honestly though, I have a feeling he's going to have a good game this week.

I'll be starting him with confidence every week. The guy is a stud. He was a beast in my PPR league in week 1, so for me he's only had 1 stinker.

I'll be starting him with confidence every week. The guy is a stud. He was a beast in my PPR league in week 1, so for me he's only had 1 stinker.
Same here. I am concerned that he didn't get all of those cheap PPR points last week, but he did still have 7 targets...so hopefully that number picks up.

Same here. I am concerned that he didn't get all of those cheap PPR points last week, but he did still have 7 targets...so hopefully that number picks up.
You can add me to the list here. The last time he played Pittsburgh (2010) he only managed something like 11 yards rushing, but broke 60 yards on a bunch of receptions. Even with his struggles I think it'd be hard to bench him unless you feel strongly that you have another pair of likely top 20 backs.

You can add me to the list here. The last time he played Pittsburgh (2010) he only managed something like 11 yards rushing, but broke 60 yards on a bunch of receptions. Even with his struggles I think it'd be hard to bench him unless you feel strongly that you have another pair of likely top 20 backs.
if he were to get those numbers plus a touchdown that would be a great day. he is due for a Td

I was high on McFadden before the season but missed out due to draft position. I'm looking at him as a buy low candidate but am wondering if I should wait until after the Pittsburgh game. I'm having a tough time trying to put a current value on him since it was so high to start the season. Have any McFadden owners seen any offers come in? Is someone like Lynch a reasonable offer?

I've got Green-Ellis and now Matthews coming back, but I'm planning to stick with McFadden until Matthews shows he's fully healthy...

Have to play McFadden each week if only for his role in the passing game. At some point he will bust a few long runs. I don't own him but would love to buy low right now.

Regarding the Steelers this week, their run D is not what is has been. Still good but there are some holes, especially with Harrison and Polamalu likely out again this week. As another poster stated, the biggest concern for McFadden this week is the Steelers O's two game trend of controlling the football.

If you start playing start/sit roulette with a player like McFadden, you're obviously going to get burned sooner or later.

Especially this week.

Consider...

The Pit run D isn't what it used to be...

Polamalu, Harrison not 100%

Casey Hampton is 70 yrs old and slightly overweight, Ziggy Hood, not impressing me

Timmons likely to be suspended for helmet to chin on Sanchez **

But the topper...

The Steelers ALWAYS struggle in Oakland.

** a bit of hyperbole, but who knows with Goodell

'Bobble Fett said:
'Bronx Bomber said:
It is not DMC as much as it is the Raider Oline and running scheme. Either way, the benching begins this week if you have decent options.
I'm giving him one more week to out-score Reggie Bush or I make the switch.

With the Raiders looking so inept on offense, I'm beginning to think this isn't the year for DMac. If they have another horrible game (and the Steelers D is no party), it might start to get tough to unload him. Was offered Lynch/Hillis for DMac in a .5 PPR league (countered with DMac/T Smith for Lynch/Hillis/Wallace). His outlook is even more unpredictable than it was at the beginning of the year. The floor and ceiling are a mile apart.

With the Raiders looking so inept on offense, I'm beginning to think this isn't the year for DMac. If they have another horrible game (and the Steelers D is no party), it might start to get tough to unload him. Was offered Lynch/Hillis for DMac in a .5 PPR league (countered with DMac/T Smith for Lynch/Hillis/Wallace). His outlook is even more unpredictable than it was at the beginning of the year. The floor and ceiling are a mile apart.
if you get the deal you want go for it, but a rb like lynch does not have the upside of McFadden. not even close (you probably know this). if another bad game comes sunday you wont get decent value back I agree with you and then you will be stuck with him. I still think he will have more great games than games like this past week. I am thinking/hoping that week one the raiders were held down by an underrated SD def. week two they were done in by the cross country trip to south fl and were just outplayed. they will probably lose again to pitt on sunday but their offense should be able to do something in desperation mode at home...

if you get the deal you want go for it, but a rb like lynch does not have the upside of McFadden. not even close (you probably know this). if another bad game comes sunday you wont get decent value back I agree with you and then you will be stuck with him. I still think he will have more great games than games like this past week. I am thinking/hoping that week one the raiders were held down by an underrated SD def. week two they were done in by the cross country trip to south fl and were just outplayed. they will probably lose again to pitt on sunday but their offense should be able to do something in desperation mode at home...
What is the upside when your team will likely only get to the redzone 2-3 times every week? Sell sell sell. Darren McFadden is flex fodder at best going forward.

Wait until next week to pounce if you want to buy him extremely low. There is no way he will scratch out more than 5 pts against Pitt. 9 in the box all day.
PIT isn't nearly as stout as they have been in the past. Old man McGahee averaged 4.0 YPC against them and using Greene's performance as some type barometer to measure future performances against them is laughable. I guarantee you that DMC totals no less than 100 totals yards against them next week. People already jumping ship on DMC are cracking me up tbh.
This is where I think people are mistaken. I jumped ship on McFadden after week 1. He had a pretty good fantasy day in 0.5 ppr because of the receptions, but having watched the game I was seriously worried. That offense is absolutely terrible. I see the Raiders with a top 3 pick come April. I just don't think they'll be in many games. He has no room to run, and cuts a VERY frustrated figure. He's an amazing RB, just on a terrible team.

Great buy low
This is what I'm thinking but he's not low enough yet. I am hoping for a clunker against Pitt then offering Alfred Morris for him.
Redraft or dynasty? Prob moot as I cant see a DMC owner making that move. Let me know if it works as I have Morris in a few leagues as well
As a McFadden owner in both dynasty and redraft, you are correct. Just....no.
I could totally see someone going for that.

I'm looking to trade for him, as his owner in my league is desperate to get out. I offered him Morris, BJGE and Cobb after week 1 and he nearly took it.

I'm holding off until after this week and praying for another stinker so I can drive the price down even more. He definitely wouldn't get that offer if he sucked again this week.

Bingo. He could explode, but his floor (when healthy) is a lot lower than we thought before the season.

What is the upside when your team will likely only get to the redzone 2-3 times every week? Sell sell sell. Darren McFadden is flex fodder at best going forward.
McFadden doesn't need to be in the redzone to score TDs.

so is this an issue with the zbs scheme?

i expressed concern that he may not be as effective with the new scheme and a few posters were very dismissive. im no football mind and wouldnt be able to see the difference anyway. all i know is that i remember during his breakout year there were many articles about how the coordinator and rb coaches went to mcfadden and implemented a few of his favorite power type plays and he had great success with them. the next year there were many reports that the team was going to be even more power oriented and he was obv massively successful.

Great buy low
Its realistically going to take the OLine a few more weeks of the ZB scheme to get use to it. See Seattle last year. Even so.. not starting your stud after two weeks is a bad idea.
Exactly. I was a preseason critic of McFadden partly because of the ZB scheme and how badly he did with it in the past, and because he is unable to play hurt. But, if he is starting you MUST play him, especially in PPR. And you don't make conclusions about a whole season based on one bad game. Every player has a dud now and then.

Well I'll tell you right now if I could get Lynch for him I'd do it in a heartbeat! There is no questioning his talent but the team STINKS! I don't play ppr so I'm really getting killed here. I get he "could break one anytime" but I can't wait for that week after week.

I'm gonna play Ridley I thnk. Rather the lesser talented guy on a superior team.

Oh yeah and the last time he played Pit he had 3 points.

I sat him the game against Denver (2 years ago?) when he was coming back from injury and he went off for a gazillion yards and 2-3 long TDs. If he's active, he's in my lineup.

Just secured DMC in a trade to help my RB situation. Who's considered his backup. Taiwan Jones is on the WW and someone owns Goodson.

Users who are viewing this thread