Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<<

I was offered Cobb/ LaShoure for Dmac. Worried a bit about GB once Jennings comes back

I wouldn't trade Cobb straight up for him. Cobb is a top ten WR in my ppr league. He is having a break out year and DMC is having a fall back year.
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you look at guys like Thomas Jones or Cedric Benson, their "second chances" came after 3 seasons, not 6 seasons, and ironically they both played on the same Bears team for a couple seasons. They we

Guys - this truly is the year where McFadden has his absolute BEST opportunity to finally fulfill those lofty expectations if the fantasy world. He has an exciting QB that is going to help open up t

When are people going learn not to go through the Whataburger drive-thru? Whataburger has got to hold the record for the most drive-thru DWIs/DUIs, walk your drunk self inside.

I've really only had two games of bad production from him (standard PPR). Here's what I've got from him...

24.8 (3rd RB in week 1)

6.1 (43rd RB in week 2)

20.5 (6th RB in week 3)

4.8 (50th RB in week 4)

16.8 (11th RB in week 6)

12.1 (20th RB in week 7)

So, I've gotten RB1 production in half of his weeks, RB2 production in one, and UGH production in two weeks.

Yeah, everyone is going absolutely ape #### over the production, but you need to remember he's still 19th (1PPR) on a PPG basis. I think he is easily bench-able in standard formats, but definitely not in PPR. If you drafted someone like ALMO, Gore, Bradshaw, McGahee and etc., and they've been giving you RB1 production ahead of DMC, having DMC as your RB2 is absolutely fine. Again, in PPR, people are making it sound like he isn't even flex worthy when statistically he's clearly more than that.

I was offered Cobb/ LaShoure for Dmac. Worried a bit about GB once Jennings comes back

Funny, I just traded last week Cobb/LeShoure for McFadden. It is a non ppr league but we do get 1pt every 25 return yards. I think it is all dependent on your team, I was not starting Cobb really as I had Percy Harvin, Jordy Nelson, and Nicks (when healthy) with Stevie Johnson after i traded Cobb, and LeShoure was also only a bye week filler for me. I love his ROY schedule and worse case scenerio he puts up RB2/3 numbers ROY and that is all I need. But if he does get on track, its more than likely game over for the rest of my league this year.

Thinking about selling DMac for Gonzo. I got that offer today for him. My other RBs are pretty weak (D Murray, P Thomas, Leshoure, Bolden) but I have to go RBBC the rest of the year even with DMac. I also just lost Fred Davis and am not comfortable with Cook as my TE.

I just can't believe how bad his value has dropped. I am salivating over his schedule but scared ####less that the coaching staff won't change the play calling. Any OAK homers hearing any updates on what's going on over there with the scheme and play calling?

Thinking about selling DMac for Gonzo. I got that offer today for him. My other RBs are pretty weak (D Murray, P Thomas, Leshoure, Bolden) but I have to go RBBC the rest of the year even with DMac. I also just lost Fred Davis and am not comfortable with Cook as my TE.

Whoa, slow your roll

Another fantastic start for Mcfadden. 9 carries, 14 yards.

To his credit, he has been getting a consistent 3-4 yards per carry for most of the game, but he's offsetting those runs with 3-4 yard losses every few plays.

He's getting catches at least...so he's still putting up PPR points. It's just so damn ugly to watch though.

Edited by solorca

Not that it matters to the bottom line, but it's important to know where to direct our anger.

He didn't forget how to run since last season. He's just getting hit as soon as he touches the ball.

Walter Payton in his prime wouldn't fare much better.

Not that it matters to the bottom line, but it's important to know where to direct our anger.

He didn't forget how to run since last season. He's just getting hit as soon as he touches the ball.

Walter Payton in his prime wouldn't fare much better.

Oh, I agree. I am a Panthers, so I can't say too much about terrible coaching...but it's amazing how these coaches come up with schemes that are clearly failing, but they refuse to make changes.

Worst offensive line ever. It's not the scheme, it's the line!

I disagree. The line isn't good, but the scheme is at least 75% of the problem. Mcfadden lacks the skills to run behind a zone blocking scheme, and the team is too unwilling to adjust to fit their best player.

I disagree. The line isn't good, but the scheme is at least 75% of the problem. Mcfadden lacks the skills to run behind a zone blocking scheme, and the team is too unwilling to adjust to fit their best player.
You may have missed his college career.

You may have missed his college career.
This is the third year I've seen him fail behind a zone blocking scheme in the NFL. Maybe he can be successful behind it against college players, but he certainly doesn't seem capable in the NFL.

I believe in his talent and think he could be instantly better with a power blocking scheme.

1st & 10 from KC's 18. Three passes and a FG.

F--K THIS!!!

Having to draft this turd because of yet another crappy draft lottery number is the final straw for me. I'm convincing my league to go auction or I'm out. It's just too easy to pull the trigger on the tier 1 RBs when you are lucky enough to have a top three or four pick... significantly tougher when you're drafting at 9-12.

F THIS INDEED.

So he's now topped 10 points in my PPR league again. Terrible numbers, but his catches give him too much value to bench. For a guy who used to be one of my favorite players in the NFL to watch, it's sad to see what he has become in this scheme.

With the big lead, hopefully he'll get a lot of opportunities as the game goes on.

Even with a lead on the road, he isn't going to break 60 yards rushing.. lmao

Not to mention hes playing the chiefs. So happy i traded him, reggie wayne, and vick for rodgers, al morris, and denarius moore
Can you post your entire roster?
sorry bro

Even with a lead on the road, he isn't going to break 60 yards rushing.. lmao

Not to mention hes playing the chiefs. So happy i traded him, reggie wayne, and vick for rodgers, al morris, and denarius moore
Can you post your entire roster?
sorry bro
just post both teams rosters and scoring details and all will be forgiven.

Wow, I left to go eat dinner and kept up with the game from my phone. Shocked to see him picking up chunks of yardage like the old mcfadden. Did he look good, or was it just a result of defensive breakdowns.

Certainly an encouraging sign, regardless.

Edited by solorca