What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drafting with guppies (1 Viewer)

Thanks Ignoratio, the URL is the same so the recap must not have been ready before.

Week 5 Loss to the chick he mocked (3 - 2) 6th

Da Bearssss (3-2) would be 1-3 if they played the same schedule as mama's 49er faithful (2-3).

Da Bearssss would be 25-30 if they played every team every week.
Week 6 Win (4-2) 4th
Da Bearssss would have beaten every other team in the league this week.

Antonio Gates had 26.10 points, the highest TE score of the week and the third-highest TE score in the league this season

With 39.10 points, Jordy Nelson had the highest WR score of the week and the third-highest WR score in the league this season.

If Da Bearssss had played every team in the league each week, they would be 36-30.
Week 7 Win (5-2) 4th
Da Bearssss would have beaten nine other teams besides Borilla's Gorillas this week.

The 150.88 points scored by Da Bearssss is their highest score of the season and the seventh-highest in the league this season.

Da Bearssss would be 45-32 if they played every team every week.
Week 8 Loss (5-3) 4th
Da Bearssss would have lost to seven other teams besides JustWinBaby this week.

With 97.02 points, Da Bearssss had their lowest output of the season.

Da Bearssss would be 48-40 if they played every team every week.
Week 9 Loss (5-4) 6th
Besides Lockwood's Thugs, Da Bearssss would have been defeated by seven other teams this week.

If they played every team every week, Da Bearssss would be 51-48.
Week 10 Loss (5-5) 6th
Besides Abe's Aces, Da Bearssss would have been defeated by six other teams this week.

If they played every team every week, Da Bearssss would be 55-55.
Week 11 Win (6-5) 5th
The 111.26 points scored by Da Bearssss was the lowest winning score in the league this week.

Da Bearssss would be 61-60 if they played every team every week.
Week 12 Win (7-5) 4th
Da Bearssss would have beaten seven other teams besides Fumbleroosky this week.

If Da Bearssss had played every team in the league each week, they would be 69-63.
Week 13 Loss (7-6) Doesn't say the place, but it mentions he lost 4th place to this team that beat him
Da Bearssss would have lost to every other team in the league this week.

Da Bearssss would be 69-74 if they played every team every week.

Da Bearssss secured a playoff spot.
Week 14 Loss (7-7)
Da Bearssss would be 72-78 if they played every team every week
Interesting to note that his top 3 scoring players this week were Knowshon Moreno, Josh Gordon, Alfred Morris, none of whom he drafted. The guy that just beat him got over 81% of his points (enough to beat Da Bearsss themselves) from players he drafted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still staring at her team on the screen completely perplexed at the incompetency of FF drafting. If this team above wins it all, I will never ever play FF again....I mean it.
The good news is Sweetness will not be quitting fantasy football forever. The team he's referencing in the above post was also knocked out of the playoffs this week.

I wish I had the scoreboard history of it, but I can't seem to access the 2007-2008 ESPN league I was in.

A guy was a huge bengals fan and drafted Bengals every round. Palmer, Housh, CJ, Rudi Johnson, backup QBs, backup RBs, backup WRs, the kicker, the defense .. 90% of his team was Bengals. This was a family/friendly league, 14 teams, so 12 made the playoffs. I know, what a joke.

I ended up playing his team in the playoffs the week this happened:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=241128004

Still not over it (obviously).

Da Bearass LOSE 160.58 - 116.16 :sadbanana:

Playoffs: Abe's Aces Pulls Off Comeback over Da Bearssss

Abe's Aces would be 10-4 if they played Da Bearssss every week.

Had they played each other last week, Abe's Aces would have defeated Da Bearssss 116.20 - 100.44.

Abe's Aces would be 8-4 if they played the same schedule as Da Bearssss.

Da Bearssss would be 5-7 if they played the same schedule as Abe's Aces.

Da Bearssss would be 72-78 if they played every team every week.
That got by me the first time, Iggy. :) -QG

'sporthenry said:
Just b/c he lost doesn't mean the season is over guys.

Da Bearsssss beat CutlerTICEEEE rockss 134.98 - 99.86

Consolation: Da Bearssss Tops CutlerTICEEEE rockss

If they played the same schedule as CutlerTICEEEE rockss, Da Bearssss would be 5-7.

If Da Bearssss had played every team in the league each week, they would be 79-82.
is it mandatory in this league to just lay on the last letter when you name your teammmmmmmmmm?

'sporthenry said:
Just b/c he lost doesn't mean the season is over guys.

Da Bearsssss beat CutlerTICEEEE rockss 134.98 - 99.86

Consolation: Da Bearssss Tops CutlerTICEEEE rockss

If they played the same schedule as CutlerTICEEEE rockss, Da Bearssss would be 5-7.

If Da Bearssss had played every team in the league each week, they would be 79-82.
is it mandatory in this league to just lay on the last letter when you name your teammmmmmmmmm?
I'm guessing its just the Bearsss fans who must face plant on the keyboard when they think of the underachievement and pure implosion their teams will endure during the fantasy season. Much like that of their NFL namesake.

Come on Sweetness_34, man up and post an epitaph about this guppy league season. You've ducked this thread for weeks, take the opportunity to eat some crow and regain some of your dignity. Don't start 2013 with this albatross hanging around your neck.

Sweetness, don't forget come draft time that Bradshaw isn't on the Giants anymore.We need to stay one step ahead of these pesky guppies.

if your not a guppy, then why did you draft gostowski ahead of r jennings?
Great question. I had my kids interrupt me right before my pick and my clock ran out leading to Yahoo auto picking the K.......also Yahoo has Jennings really low on their list (same thing for Kevin Smith who I had to search to draft) so I found after my Cincy pick that Jennings was still around
looks like there were pretty frequent interruptions

if your not a guppy, then why did you draft gostowski ahead of r jennings?
Great question. I had my kids interrupt me right before my pick and my clock ran out leading to Yahoo auto picking the K.......also Yahoo has Jennings really low on their list (same thing for Kevin Smith who I had to search to draft) so I found after my Cincy pick that Jennings was still around
looks like there were pretty frequent interruptions
Draftus Interuptus.

This is the same troll who has been calling people dumb for drafting Mathews. Given this total crapola team in a guppy league, he should perhaps keep his opinions to himself. Way to be proud of rolling out Alfred Morris and Benson as your top 2 backs in a guppy league! Killin em! :thumbup:
So I guess we can give him that one at least.

Users who are viewing this thread